PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Thursday Venue

Indo
22nd-June-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi Folks

Is there no more Ceroc Thursday in Aberdeen anymore??

:sad:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-June-2006, 09:51 AM
Aberdeen Thursday classes are now held in Jumpin Jaks, 431 Union Street, Aberdeen. Class starts at 7.30pm. :)

Gadget
22nd-June-2006, 12:42 PM
(Chicago Rock is just next door to Odonahughs where it used to be - go through that towards Union St, and up the stairs at the entrance; that's JJ's)

Piglet
22nd-June-2006, 12:46 PM
Yep, I too have noticed Aberdeen's sometimes missing off the Homepage - although it is on there for tonight. Not mentioned for next Tuesday nor Wednesday though.

Lisa
22nd-June-2006, 01:13 PM
Hi Colin!

You betcha we're open tonight. We've now moved to the same venue as a Wed. Are you bringing Maria tonight?

Lisa x

Indo
22nd-June-2006, 01:52 PM
Thanks for your help folks, its right though - there is only Tuesdays and Wednesday displayed on the website!!

Ah well. I've got out of my Honeymoon Blues phase now and wanting to get back into it again. Thursday's is the only night I can make it and was a wee bit concerned that it may only be Tuesdays and Wednesdays still on.

Hi Lisa, hope you're doing well. Maria is popping through to Aberdeen with the wee one late afternoon as we've an appointment to scan a few pianos that have just become available. I'll definately by there for next Thursday though. I was checking out the dates for the Saturday parties as it will be tough for Maria to come through during the week with Rebecca (any 9 year old lads out there looking for a dancing partner!). So am I right in saying the next party with be on the 15th of July?

See you very soon!
Indo

Dave T
22nd-June-2006, 03:44 PM
So am I right in saying the next party with be on the 15th of July?

I think Franck mentioned at the workshop on Saturday that there was no July Aberdeen party due to venue issues, but I could have misheard the comment.

Dave

Piglet
22nd-June-2006, 04:08 PM
I think Franck mentioned at the workshop on Saturday that there was no July Aberdeen party due to venue issues
:yeah: I've heard this rumour too - but plenty parties on elsewhere in Scotland if that's any use.

as for the classes - I see that they all appear now :O)

Beowulf
25th-June-2006, 06:16 PM
yeah.. I was going to be going to the Glasgow party on the 8th of next month but I can't see that happening now unfortunately.

I actually went along to the Thursday class for the first time Thursday as I missed my normal Tuesday class.. but I just couldn't get into it. The sound was flaky, the music too loud and I found the atmostphere a bit off putting.. was like dancing in a theme park :)

back to good old Culter mills on Tueday.

pity theres no July Aberdeen party now that I'm not going to the Glasgow one. Oh well, Roll on August!!

Tiggerbabe
25th-June-2006, 09:26 PM
back to good old Culter mills on Tuesday.
Great :D I'll see you there, I'm dj-ing on Tuesday.

pity theres no July Aberdeen party now that I'm not going to the Glasgow one. Oh well, Roll on August!!
Never mind August, there's a party in Dundee in the fabulous Bonar Hall on Saturday 15th July. Well worth the trip down from Aberdeen.

Adrian (DJ)
25th-June-2006, 11:47 PM
The sound was flaky, the music too loud and I found the atmostphere a bit off putting.. was like dancing in a theme park

Not sure what you mean by flaky, but as for the music volume - it's really down to opinion. If the general opinion is that it is on the loud side, then I'll certainly turn it down a bit. I always thought I was one of the quieter DJ's?! Franck or Lisa usually say I'm not loud enough!

I'll be honest in saying the atmosphere in the Station was more intimate and better suited to the Thursday music than JJ's. I'm sure Franck won't mind me expressing my opinion on this matter (in the end, hopefully the crowd, teacher and music override the importance of the venue). JJ's is a good venue if the night is really busy, although the sound system should be better considering the size of the venue and how relatively new it is.

Dave T
26th-June-2006, 09:01 AM
I actually went along to the Thursday class for the first time Thursday as I missed my normal Tuesday class.. but I just couldn't get into it. The sound was flaky, the music too loud and I found the atmostphere a bit off putting.. was like dancing in a theme park :)

Did not manage to the class due to other commitments, but caught up with some of the usual suspects downstairs at 10.30. Speaking to them, the class was quieter (less number rather than music volume) than normal, which probably lead to the lack of aptmosphere. Usually it's quite good on a Thursday, but definately not as manic as the Wednesday!

Dave

Beowulf
26th-June-2006, 10:28 AM
Not sure what you mean by flaky.

The music was a little loud for my liking but I was speaking about the teachers head mike. I couldn't make out half the things she was saying at times. There were some really new beginner dancers there that night as well and I think they had trouble hearing/understanding what they were being instructed to do.

Perhaps it's just me

Lisa
26th-June-2006, 10:46 AM
Dear Beowulf1970

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the night-my mic has been a nuisance and has been cutting out. :mad: However, I'm getting a new mic delivered this week so that problem will be sorted with a crystal clear sound.

Look forward to meeting you if I haven't already and hopefully you will revisit again.

Lisa x

TracyF
26th-June-2006, 08:50 PM
When the world cup finishes, i hope the thursday class gets busy, there isn't enough good dancers there!!!!!!

Beowulf
26th-June-2006, 08:57 PM
When the world cup finishes, i hope the thursday class gets busy, there isn't enough good dancers there!!!!!!

and thats with me being there ;) I'm No where near being a good dancer yet.

Mind you i stay in Hollybank place just round the corner, so JJ's could become my local dance haunt ;)

Dave T
30th-June-2006, 11:18 AM
For those that felt that last weeks class lacked aptmosphere, you missed one off the funnest classes I've attended in a while last night at JJ's.

Not only was the routine interesting and gave us guy's something to think about in terms of style, but the constant flow of banter was great. Everyone was in high spirits and it was like the weekend had come early. :D

Only one downside.....still had to come into work today :tears:

Roll on next week

Dave

Yliander
30th-June-2006, 11:45 AM
back to good old Culter mills on Tueday. I look forward to dancing with you finally!

pity theres no July Aberdeen party now that I'm not going to the Glasgow one. Oh well, Roll on August!! Dundee Dundee 15th of July!!!!! come on you know you want to go - I'd over to cook as a bribe but no room - I'm sure we can get a few likely suspects together for dinner out somewhere before hand though

Beowulf
30th-June-2006, 01:18 PM
I look forward to dancing with you finally!

Dundee Dundee 15th of July!!!!! come on you know you want to go - I'd over to cook as a bribe but no room - I'm sure we can get a few likely suspects together for dinner out somewhere before hand though

Ponders... :rolleyes: We'll see.. I can't say for sure yet. ( The life of a Gigolo means my social calendar is pretty busy.. and then he woke up :waycool: )

I'm thinking about going down to the Stirling Do-dah thingy wossit at the end of next month.

As to JJ's I was there on Wednesday and I have to say the sound was a LOT clearer and I enjoyed myself a lot more. Still feels a bit like a theme park but the crowd was excellent, got some good dances with some excellent dancers and had a great time.

Freya
30th-June-2006, 04:44 PM
For those that felt that last weeks class lacked aptmosphere, you missed one off the funnest classes I've attended in a while last night at JJ's.

Not only was the routine interesting and gave us guy's something to think about in terms of style, but the constant flow of banter was great. Everyone was in high spirits and it was like the weekend had come early. :D

so what was the routine?