PDA

View Full Version : Help needed Scottish Charity Competition 9th Sept 2006

Scot
21st-June-2006, 06:38 PM
Dear All

I am about produce the application forms for the Scottish Competition you will be able to apply online as well. However since this is a Charity competition I thought I would give you an opportunity to have some say in the shape of it.

Planned just now is

Lucky Dip
Intermediate
Advanced
Showcase

Traditionally I would have included Team and Double Trouble but perhaps it is time for change. What I am looking for is three other Categories and I am open to any suggestions as long as they are clean.

Further traditionally we use Ceroc Teachers as judges since this is a Charity competition I happy to consider non-ceroc Judges. If anybody is interested in Judging “for free” contact me. Remember that you in turn will be judged probably by this forum…….

Lastly since this is a Charity event I have limited advertising resources i.e none I would therefore be very grateful to the forum members if you could promote it anyway you can. Every person we get is more money to the charity which is DEBRA this year

PS the DJ’s this year will be DD and Tiggerbabe. Should I do a blues room let me know what you think….?

Cheers

Scot

Piglet
21st-June-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes please to the Blues Room :D

I liked the surprise competitions you had last year where the dancers who volunteered didn't know what they were volunteering for... could be fun if you can think of another way to do it... or even if you did the same as last year.

What about an Old Gits round like they do down south - or single sex partnerships? I'm sure some of the Australian forumites can give you other categories that they've done in the past.

Good luck with it Scot, I'm looking forward to being there again :hug:

Gadget
21st-June-2006, 09:24 PM
Competition ideas:
Single sex/reverse roles (doh)
Blindfold (Both partners blindfolded)
Partner swap :wink: (PM if interested)
Prop dacing (dance with a prop - judged on how well danced with your partner while handicapped by it, and/or included the prop in the dance.)
Basic moves & variations (no dips, drops or air steps, no 'classic' moves)
Best lead/best follower (single judge for each, dances with all competitors for a move or two each round eliminates half, next round dances more.)
Mimicry (different music played and people have to dance like X)
Musical statues (random stops of the music, couples maintained at later stages by how good their 'posing' is)
Musical interpritation (some really weird music, who dances better to it)
Boxing Glove Dancing (both partners wear boxing gloves to lead/follow in)
Baloon dancing (in a similar vein, perhaps keeping a baloon between partners torsos)

personally I don't really like the "old gits" cattegory: so many people fall into that group who are just too damn good!

Sheepman
21st-June-2006, 10:04 PM
Yes please for the blues room!

There seems to be plenty of interest in WCS in Scotland, is there enough interest for a WCS category in a Ceroc comp?

No Open category this year? Does this mean that the Advanced is effectively the Open? :eek:

Greg

jammy
21st-June-2006, 10:05 PM
i would like to add this year when you are announcing the winner if you could announce 2nd and 3rd i know they dont get prizes its just because you would like to see who came placed aswell

because not every one knows everyones name when you post the ruesults we mainly know faces

thankz jammy xxx

Yliander
21st-June-2006, 11:44 PM
i would like to add this year when you are announcing the winner if you could announce 2nd and 3rd i know they dont get prizes its just because you would like to see who came placed aswell

because not every one knows everyones name when you post the ruesults we mainly know faces

thankz jammy xxx
:yeah: this sounds like a very good idea to me

as to additional category's

what about a beginners level?

battle of the sex's - same sex couples

dancing blind - the follow is blind folded

reverse - this has been done as a surprize event in Aus - couples entered not knowing - what it was and it was reversed roles - follow leads & lead follows

and I liked Gadgets Statues idea as well

Piglet
21st-June-2006, 11:49 PM
:yeah: Agree with this idea - very nice :nice:

Can we not make Gadget be one of the judges - then he'd have to come along :D

Wendy
22nd-June-2006, 12:39 AM

thankz jammy xxx

Great idea !!

It might be OTT to have all the finalists standing as you call out the winners but it is a heck of an achievement to get to the final. Maybe a wee certificate (zero cost) for those in second/third place too. Maybe even a free CEROC party voucher ?

It's really good of you to ask for input. And we know you can't please everybody.

We were planning to go but have to be back in France that weekend :tears:

Have a great event - it has always been fab in the past.

Wx

spindr
22nd-June-2006, 12:50 AM
Competition ideas:
1. No turns (returns) or spins (for the follower) -- deduct a point for each inadvertant one.
2. Leading with one arm (only the right arm) -- make the leaders / followers put the other arm in a sling?
3. Best costume
4. Most ludicrous costume in terms of having to dance in it (flippers, chicken suit, etc.)

Not so much a competition idea -- but a "social competition" idea -- have one (or more) secret dancer(s). The winner is then say the 20th person *to ask them* to dance freestyle.

SpinDr

mikeyr
22nd-June-2006, 09:08 AM
What about a Team dance off like in the smaller ballroom events... A team consists of say three couples, the comp is over three tracks, couples are given a number, the numbers are picked at random for each team (couple 1 from Team A Vs couple 3 from Team B Vs Couple 2 from Team C). They dance off against members of the other teams for points, top team total for the three tracks wins.... It would be good to see a WCS Category too.

Sparkles
22nd-June-2006, 09:38 AM
I think it would be nice to have a 'beginners' category for anyone who has been dancing less that 12 months. This kind of competition is just the sort of atmosphere to encourage fresh talent :flower:.

Definitely 'yes' to the blues room - with those two DJs :worthy: :worthy: you can't go wrong.

I also agree with jammy that it would be nice to have the top three placings announced.

As for judges, when you say 'non-ceroc judges' can you be more specific? Are you talking about having teachers of different types of dancing, or ceroc-affiliated teachers, or do you mean members of the dancing community who are not teachers? It may be tricky if the judges have no formal dancing qualifications - kinda defeats the object of being judged if the person judging you doesn't really know what they're looking for and has never judged a competition before. I'd be inclined to stick to ceroc teachers if I were you, but that's just my opinion :flower:.

Good luck with it!
S. xx

Scot
22nd-June-2006, 10:45 AM
Got to run to a meeting but a couple of quick questions

Should I seperate Teachers and Non Teachers with the Open and Advanced or should it all just be one.

Some competitions have a section where you are just allowed to do beginners moves but you can be at any dance level.

Should a Beginners only restrict people to beginners moves.

Lastly some of the suggestions above probably lend themselves to on the day surprise categories rather than main stream ones but I like the ideas some of them will definetly appear. If i say which ones it would not be a surprise ??

Thanks this is appreciated I do want the day to be as successful as possible for the Charity. Cheers

johnah
22nd-June-2006, 10:54 AM
Dear All

I am about produce the application forms for the Scottish Competition you will be able to apply online as well. However since this is a Charity competition I thought I would give you an opportunity to have some say in the shape of it.

Planned just now is

Lucky Dip
Intermediate
Advanced
Showcase

Traditionally I would have included Team and Double Trouble but perhaps it is time for change.
Cheers

Scot

It's a little late in the day to now be suggesting it's time for a change and not include a Team. :tears:

Our Team have already booked and paid deposits for accommodation with a view to participating in the Champs. That's a group of around 25 dancers but, what do we do now?:(

under par
22nd-June-2006, 11:02 AM
4. Most ludicrous costume in terms of having to dance in it (flippers, chicken suit, etc.)

SpinDr

Mrs Par get the sewing machine out:whistle:

Yliander
22nd-June-2006, 11:03 AM
Should I seperate Teachers and Non Teachers with the Open and Advanced or should it all just be one. no – if there is an open level it should be to split those that have won Advanced from those that haven’t. Teachers should have to compete in Advanced at their lowest level. With Open being for those that have won Advanced at least once – maybe twice before. Open in my mind should be a step above Advanced and while a teacher may be very good – they are not automatically a step above – in fact there are people that would argue that teachers shouldn’t have to compete at Advanced – go figure

Some competitions have a section where you are just allowed to do beginners moves but you can be at any dance level. I like the idea of this category really puts the focus on the dance

Should a Beginners only restrict people to beginners moves. No – way to hard for people to know what is/isn’t allowable.

In Aus Beginners is usually defined as being under 12 months of Ceroc and not having won a beginners competition in the last 12 months there is a move restriction of no aerials – but dips and drops are allowed and two small named lifts. Given the differences in what is taught between Aus & UK I suspect that in a beginners comp here a no dips & drops rule would be valid. There is also the unique Aus criteria of not holding a blue or gold card.

Chicklet
22nd-June-2006, 12:24 PM
what do we do now?:(
maybe you could be included as a big Showcase?

Monika
22nd-June-2006, 12:37 PM
...Blues room would be FAB! :clap:
I would also really miss Team Cabaret performances - always fantastic to watch :flower:

Good luck with the preparations

Mon x

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-June-2006, 12:47 PM
maybe you could be included as a big Showcase?

Thats a good idea. Most of the other suggestions were rubbish ;) I did like the musical status one, imagine the hilarity as people go for the most outrageous poses - I also liked the musicality suggestion i.e play the most bizarre tracks and see who can manage to dance to it - but of course how could you tell the difference between that and the normal heats....

..only joking Scot ;)

most ludicrous costume is a good idea, that would also be very funny.

The beginners idea is too difficult to judge i would think and ultimately not very audience friendly. I doubt you'd get many entering, I could be wrong of course. :)

The difficulty in all of these ideas though is getting people interested. Scot is going to have to pick the ones that will work well by not being too difficult or too embarassing so that he actually gets people on the floor on the day. Of course it being a charity event he can 'demand' certain people get on the floor for the fun stuff ;)

melb
22nd-June-2006, 01:15 PM
:yeah:

melb
22nd-June-2006, 01:16 PM
As for judges, when you say 'non-ceroc judges' can you be more specific? Are you talking about having teachers of different types of dancing, or ceroc-affiliated teachers, or do you mean members of the dancing community who are not teachers? It may be tricky if the judges have no formal dancing qualifications - kinda defeats the object of being judged if the person judging you doesn't really know what they're looking for and has never judged a competition before. I'd be inclined to stick to ceroc teachers if I were you, but that's just my opinion .

:yeah: In my opinion should stick to ceroc teachers to do the judging

melb
22nd-June-2006, 01:19 PM
I also agree with jammy that it would be nice to have the top three placings announced.

:yeah:

Gadget
22nd-June-2006, 01:23 PM
I think it would be nice to have a 'beginners' category for anyone who has been dancing less that 12 months. This kind of competition is just the sort of atmosphere to encourage fresh talent :flower:.I don't like the idea of having a beginner's competition - it sort of puts the emphisis on competition dancing rather than social dancing.

...It may be tricky if the judges have no formal dancing qualifications - kinda defeats the object of being judged if the person judging you doesn't really know what they're looking for and has never judged a competition before.~
How do you get to judge comps if one of the criteria of being a judge is having judged before? :confused: And they are "looking for" what they think are the better dancers. You don't need to be qualified world champions with diplomas in dancing to say "oooh, that was nice" {IMHO}.

Should I seperate Teachers and Non Teachers with the Open and Advanced or should it all just be one.I think teachers should just be "classed" as people.

Some competitions have a section where you are just allowed to do beginners moves but you can be at any dance level.

Should a Beginners only restrict people to beginners moves.As has been said - very difficuly to judge without being too harsh; I would definetly say no dips, drops, leans, seducers or arials. No multiple (unassisted) spins beyond 2. I think that these rules should pathe the way to dancers having to keep the moves grounded within the basic moves, without totally restricting it.

Can we not make Gadget be one of the judges - then he'd have to come along:what:I only come up with the ideas: I'm sure someone will blame me if Scot implements some of them - isn't that enough blame?

{:flower: for the coercion though}

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-June-2006, 01:46 PM
People will complain about the judging no matter who is doing it, they always do. The safest way to introduce non-ceroc judges is perhaps to get anyone who is interested to put their name in a hat and for Scot to select as many as he needs out of it :) people will still complain but at least there would be no calls of favouritism :) Although to be honest, its a charity event - it wouldnt bother me who is judging. In fact, I'd be inclined to ask some celebrities ;)

Scot
23rd-June-2006, 08:27 AM
People will complain about the judging no matter who is doing it, they always do. The safest way to introduce non-ceroc judges is perhaps to get anyone who is interested to put their name in a hat and for Scot to select as many as he needs out of it :) people will still complain but at least there would be no calls of favouritism :) Although to be honest, its a charity event - it wouldnt bother me who is judging. In fact, I'd be inclined to ask some celebrities ;)

What is the definition of a Celeb

TheTramp
23rd-June-2006, 08:45 AM

Well, I'd be pretty happy if you could get Keira Knightly, Jessica Alba, Cameron Diaz and Salma Hayek along.... :whistle:

Piglet
23rd-June-2006, 08:47 AM
... and Johnny Depp, David Bowie, Anton Du Beck (excuse spelling if I'm way off) ...

Yliander
23rd-June-2006, 09:56 AM
What is the definition of a Celeb one of the dancers or stars from dancing with the stars - UK equivilant Strictly come dancing?

Scot
23rd-June-2006, 10:54 AM
It's a little late in the day to now be suggesting it's time for a change and not include a Team. :tears:

Our Team have already booked and paid deposits for accommodation with a view to participating in the Champs. That's a group of around 25 dancers but, what do we do now?:(

Fantastic then its in. I love Team

johnah
23rd-June-2006, 11:13 AM
Fantastic then its in. I love Team

Phew, that's a relief. :clap: :clap: :clap: We love coming up for the Champs and now we can look forward to it - again! Thanks for listening Scot.:respect:

John

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-June-2006, 11:43 AM

Someone people have heard of - from acting , singing whatever - you could always ask James Mclauchlin of last years Strictly Dance Fever fame he's local and on the dance teaching circuit too :)

johnthehappyguy
23rd-June-2006, 11:14 PM
Someone people have heard of - from acting , singing whatever - you could always ask James Mclauchlin of last years Strictly Dance Fever fame he's local and on the dance teaching circuit too :)

I think Ronnie Corbett lives fairly locally !

John:nice:

Heather
25th-June-2006, 11:30 AM

Chantelle ?:rofl: :rofl:

:hug:
Heather
x

Paul F
25th-June-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, I'd be pretty happy if you could get Keira Knightly

Was she the one who starred in Love Actually?

Wendy
25th-June-2006, 04:50 PM
Phew, that's a relief. :clap: :clap: :clap: We love coming up for the Champs and now we can look forward to it - again! Thanks for listening Scot.:respect:

John

And it's always good to have a proper dress rehearsal before you go and win Blackpool.. and London :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good luck !!!

Wx

ducasi
25th-June-2006, 08:53 PM
Hi Scot,

Really looking forward to coming over to Musselburgh again.

I think a good idea would be if there was a professional quality DVD made of the event. Perhaps the team who made the Blackpool video could be called on, or else, who did the Ceroc Champs video?

On the subject of celebrity judges, James McLaughlin has already been suggested, but how about either Pamela or Dawn who were in this year's Strictly Dance Fever. OK, neither of them seem to have a Modern Jive background, but they presumably can recognise good dancing when they see it. They could also maybe show us some of the stuff that got them into the programme, or that they learnt while they were there.

In combination with proven Modern Jive experts, I think they could make a valuable contribution to the judges' panel – especially for showcase and team events, where all the judges are watching the same thing.

Back in my write-up of my experiences of the last competition, I had these suggestions for surprise fun challenges...

Musical chairs
iPod dancing – only the guy can hear the music
Name that move – I’ll name that move in three counts!

Not so sure how well they'd work, but they're there anyway...

Hope these suggestions are useful. :nice:

(Oh, and I really enjoyed the party at Marco's last night – cheers!)

Mr Fitz
25th-June-2006, 09:12 PM
Scot,

Here is my tuppence worth.

I would have thought that for a competition like the Scottish Champs it would be essential to have 3 categories : Intermediate, Advanced and Open. I thought the balance last year at Musselburgh was just right and it would be good to keep it that way.

Without wanting to second guess what everyone is thinking, in terms of “which category will I go for” if there is no Advanced then I think the option for some folks would be either not to enter at all, or indeed take a step down and go for the Intermediate. The Intermediate category should be there partly to encourage folk to have a go at competition and IMHO should be off-limits to folk who have already been placed at a previous Intermediate level. I could have a real rant about folk that have been placed in Intermediate Categories over the last few years and are still entering that category. What is that all about???:angry: Move on is what I say (don’t’ get me started). However, if there is no Advanced category then it is probably too big a step.

Other thoughts :

1. A Friday night party would be great
2. Agree with announcing 2nd and 3rd places, even if there are no prizes.
3. Lucky Dip. I believe that Blackpool have it woefully wrong and frankly is a bit of a waste of money entering the lucky dip. The Ceroc Champs in London have it right. For the lucky dip (especially) the attrition rate from one round to the next should not be too great. At Blackpool the aim seems to get from 200? Couples down to 7? in as few steps as possible. Getting through the first round or second round for some folks is a massive confidence boost and part of the enjoyment. London goes from 120, to 100, to 80, to 40, to 20 to 5 couples from one round to the next, with less chance of the baby getting chucked out with the bathwater. It’s more fun, you get to see your friends up on the floor for longer, and you get much more out of it.
4. Judges, I thought the judges did a fine job last year at Musselbro’ and it is interesting to note that there has been no whingeing on the forum about the judges at the last two major competitions (Blackpool and London). I would probably just stick to Ceroc/MJ teachers (if any of them are mad enough to accept such a thankless task).

Dreadful Scathe
27th-June-2006, 01:25 PM
And it's always good to have a proper dress rehearsal before you go and win Blackpool.. and London :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think their Dress Rehersal was Blackpool, unless theres a new routine - in which case Im looking forward to seeing it. Anyone else doing a team entry?

Dreadful Scathe
27th-June-2006, 01:38 PM
I would have thought that for a competition like the Scottish Champs it would be essential to have 3 categories : Intermediate, Advanced and Open. I thought the balance last year at Musselburgh was just right and it would be good to keep it that way.

I would disagree, its a quiet competition theres no real need for 3 catagories. If the organiser has to struggle to make 2 rounds for a catagory its a candidate for dropping.

The Intermediate category should be there partly to encourage folk to have a go at competition and IMHO should be off-limits to folk who have already been placed at a previous Intermediate level. I could have a real rant about folk that have been placed in Intermediate Categories over the last few years and are still entering that category. What is that all about???:angry:

Nothing wrong with it if its in the rules. I would agree with that rule change though "anyone placed in an MJ competition cannot enter intermediate". If the competition rules do not specify, then it is up to the competitior to decide if they are "advanced" purely because they won the intermediate catagory.

Lucky Dip. I believe that Blackpool have it woefully wrong and frankly is a bit of a waste of money entering the lucky dip. The Ceroc Champs in London have it right. For the lucky dip (especially) the attrition rate from one round to the next should not be too great. At Blackpool the aim seems to get from 200? Couples down to 7? in as few steps as possible. Getting through the first round or second round for some folks is a massive confidence boost and part of the enjoyment. London goes from 120, to 100, to 80, to 40, to 20 to 5 couples from one round to the next, with less chance of the baby getting chucked out with the bathwater. It’s more fun, you get to see your friends up on the floor for longer, and you get much more out of it.

I agree that Blackppol lucky dip is too busy, but the emphasis in any lucky dip competition is fun. And luck :) More so for a charity event. And the baby doesnt get chucked out with the bathwater if it can dance :)

Judges, I thought the judges did a fine job last year at Musselbro’ and it is interesting to note that there has been no whingeing on the forum about the judges at the last two major competitions (Blackpool and London). I would probably just stick to Ceroc/MJ teachers (if any of them are mad enough to accept such a thankless task).

I think Scot has a good idea with a change of judges. The judges have always been good, but it befits a charity competition well to vary things every year I think. Well done Scot for not churning out a clone of anyone elses competition :)

Do I have permission to look for celebrity judges ? :)

spindr
27th-June-2006, 08:09 PM
I think Scot has a good idea with a change of judges. The judges have always been good, but it befits a charity competition well to vary things every year I think. Well done Scot for not churning out a clone of anyone elses competition :)

Do I have permission to look for celebrity judges ? :)
Maybe, since celebrities should be presumably flush with cash -- and it's a charity event -- maybe one way to locate a celebrity would be to auction off a spot on the judging panel(*).

Or just ask McSmashy or McNicey from LocalFM to be a judge -- at least you might get some free publicity.

SpinDr

(*) assuming that a single judge couldn't completely unbalance any scores, e.g. discard lowest and highest.

Dreadful Scathe
28th-June-2006, 02:59 PM
If the judges are unbalanced, I wouldnt want them judging me :)

Scot
3rd-July-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi Scot,

Really looking forward to coming over to Musselburgh again.

I think a good idea would be if there was a professional quality DVD made of the event. Perhaps the team who made the Blackpool video could be called on, or else, who did the Ceroc Champs video?

(Oh, and I really enjoyed the party at Marco's last night – cheers!)

I am sorry unless somebody wishes to volunteer for this it is a bit too expensive.

Scot
3rd-July-2006, 01:35 PM
As far as I can see this is the combined list of options

Musical chairs
iPod dancing – only the guy can hear the music
Name that move – I’ll name that move in three counts!
'beginners' category
Single sex/reverse roles (doh)
Blindfold (Both partners blindfolded)
Partner swap (PM if interested)
Prop dacing (dance with a prop - judged on how well danced with your partner while handicapped by it, and/or included the prop in the dance.)
Basic moves & variations (no dips, drops or air steps, no 'classic' moves)
Best lead/best follower (single judge for each, dances with all competitors for a move or two each round eliminates half, next round dances more.)
Mimicry (different music played and people have to dance like X)
Musical statues (random stops of the music, couples maintained at later stages by how good their 'posing' is)
Musical interpritation (some really weird music, who dances better to it)
Boxing Glove Dancing (both partners wear boxing gloves to lead/follow in)
Baloon dancing (in a similar vein, perhaps keeping a baloon between partners torsos)
battle of the sex's - same sex couples
dancing blind - the follow is blind folded
reverse - this has been done as a surprize event in Aus - couples entered not knowing - what it was and it was reversed roles - follow leads & lead follows
No turns (returns) or spins (for the follower) -- deduct a point for each inadvertant one.
Leading with one arm (only the right arm) -- make the leaders / followers put the other arm in a sling?
Best costume
Most ludicrous costume in terms of having to dance in it (flippers, chicken suit, etc.)
Team dance off

Many of these are fun items and I cannot really introduce them as main stream so a couple of them will appear as surprise options on the day

The line up will be as follows

Lucky Dip
Intermediate
Advanced
Open
Showcase
Reversed Roles
Team Caberet

There will be a blues room on the Saturday,
A Party on the Friday
There will be 2nd and third places
Still to sort out the Judges but will be on stage this year

Thanks for all your help

Yliander
3rd-July-2006, 01:46 PM
Many of these are fun items and I cannot really introduce them as main stream so a couple of them will appear as surprise options on the day

Lucky Dip
Intermediate
Advanced
Open
Showcase
Reversed Roles
Team Caberet

A Party on the Friday

Thanks for all your helpsounds like a good spread - although I will miss the beginners category - they are one of my favourites to watch.

when will rules/guidelines be available so I know which catergory I have to enter in?

ducasi
3rd-July-2006, 01:50 PM
Like the Reversed Roles competition.

I presume there'll also be a Lucky Dip?

Scot
3rd-July-2006, 01:55 PM

I presume there'll also be a Lucky Dip?

You would be right there will be a lucky dip

maybe sheena or franck could add that for me

Scot
3rd-July-2006, 02:16 PM
You would be right there will be a lucky dip

maybe sheena or franck could add that for me

And they have thanks

For anyone that wants to Download it here is a PDF Application

killingtime
3rd-July-2006, 03:23 PM

Sounds good for a laugh. Does this mean I need to get my following up to scratch? Anyway though Lucky Dip, Intermediate and Reversed Roles sounds like quite a handful I'll see if I can organised for all of them.

Scot
3rd-July-2006, 09:24 PM
Sounds good for a laugh. Does this mean I need to get my following up to scratch? Anyway though Lucky Dip, Intermediate and Reversed Roles sounds like quite a handful I'll see if I can organised for all of them.

You are not required to dress as a Women you know:nice:

killingtime
4th-July-2006, 10:15 AM
You are not required to dress as a Women you know:nice:

I never thought of that... but now you mention it :eek:.

Freya
4th-July-2006, 10:30 AM
I never thought of that... but now you mention it :eek:.
:rofl: A nice floaty summer Dress? Think it would look lovely!

Lucky Dip
Intermediate
Advanced
Open
Showcase
Reversed Roles
Team Caberet

A Party on the Friday
Sounds like a really good line up! might have to try and get the weekend off work after all! Was just gonna come down for the sat night!

Scot
4th-July-2006, 11:06 AM
:rofl: A nice floaty summer Dress? Think it would look lovely!

yeah that would work, quick wax of the legs and you are laughing or not!:sick:

ducasi
4th-July-2006, 12:09 PM
:rofl: A nice floaty summer Dress? Think it would look lovely! Funny you should say that... Or did you hear the same report on the radio this morning?

From a survey published today (http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/217/217248_uk_men_show_crossdressing_side.html)...

More than one in five men, or 23%, would choose to wear a floaty dress with a plunging neckline if allowed to be a woman for a day, an online questionnaire has shown. I'm not sure myself... It'd have to be my colour! ;)

killingtime
4th-July-2006, 12:46 PM
A nice floaty summer Dress? Think it would look lovely!

You think :flower:.

Ducasi had already told me my dress size :confused:.

I'm not sure myself... It'd have to be my colour! ;)

Have you got the right shoes to go with it?

ducasi
4th-July-2006, 01:35 PM
Ducasi had already told me my dress size :confused:. I have an eye for these things... :wink:

Have you got the right shoes to go with it? No, but I know a girl with the right-sized feet at least. :whistle:

Dorothy
4th-July-2006, 04:00 PM
Is there a web site for this competition?
I am quite interested :nice:

(to watch!)

Piglet
4th-July-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi Dorothy,

The first year I went along I just watched the comps and took part in the freestyle dancing inbetween comps. It was great fun! It's worthwhile taking part in the Lucky Dip - its cheap enough and you never know your luck - but just as much fun to sit out and watch and cheer on anyone that you know.

A great day out - or couple of days if you go down for the Friday party too!

Scot
4th-July-2006, 04:04 PM
Is there a web site for this competition?
I am quite interested :nice:

(to watch!)

Just go to www.cerocscotland.com you can get an application there

or download the attached

Freya
4th-July-2006, 04:35 PM
You think :flower:.

Ducasi had already told me my dress size :confused:.

I have an eye for these things... :wink: I think I have a Nice linen halterneck that would fit you! It twirls and everything and you know how Ducasi Likes swishy skirts!!! :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
4th-July-2006, 04:50 PM
Is this a drag competition then :eek: ? :)

Scot
5th-July-2006, 09:43 AM
Is this a drag competition then :eek: ? :)

No but you can if you want I suppose

Just go with your normal weekend gear:wink:

Dorothy
7th-July-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi Dorothy,

The first year I went along I just watched the comps and took part in the freestyle dancing inbetween comps. It was great fun! It's worthwhile taking part in the Lucky Dip - its cheap enough and you never know your luck - but just as much fun to sit out and watch and cheer on anyone that you know.

A great day out - or couple of days if you go down for the Friday party too!

OK- I might be persuaded to enter the lucky dip, yikes!

Scot
7th-July-2006, 06:41 PM
OK- I might be persuaded to enter the lucky dip, yikes!
You have got nothing to lose its a good laugh

Graham
8th-July-2006, 07:38 AM
If the judges are unbalanced, I wouldnt want them judging me :)
Why not - wouldn't being slightly unhinged make them look upon a smurf more favourably? :wink:

drathzel
9th-July-2006, 08:17 PM
Just go with your normal weekend gear:wink:

But i thought this was a family event!!!!:wink: