PDA

View Full Version : Who is going where weekend 23rd June ?

stewart38
21st-June-2006, 03:57 PM
Given my recent new lease of life and tour of Northern jive clubs

Im due to go to this on friday

Askern Miners Welfare Club, Manor Way, Askern, Doncaster

Special Event - MIDSUMMER BALL Great night of dancing and music from your resident DJ - Simon. Dress to impress. Free raffle. 8pm - 11.45pm.

Is it any good ?

Anything else on within 50 miles of York on friday or saturday?

Yogi_Bear
21st-June-2006, 04:09 PM
Bulwell, Nottingham on Saturday 24th, see freestyles page on
www.pulsejive.co.uk
Yours truly is planning to go. Rumoured to attract around 150 punters.

Donna
21st-June-2006, 04:17 PM
I'd really like to do Stockport. Totally forgot that there is a workshop on there all day Sat with two latin pro's then they'll be doing a demo at night. :clap:

Msfab
21st-June-2006, 04:28 PM
Funky Lush on saturday of course:clap: :clap: :clap:

(Burnham, Slough)

Yogi_Bear
21st-June-2006, 04:31 PM
Funky Lush on saturday of course:clap: :clap: :clap:

(Burnham, Slough)
...if only I lived closer...

Dizzy
21st-June-2006, 04:32 PM
Funky Lush on saturday of course

(Burnham, Slough)

:yeah:

and then sunday is Jango T-Jive at The Putney Club in the afternoon.

robd
21st-June-2006, 04:34 PM
St Neots on Friday for me.

Looking forward to seeing Paul F again :D

Rhythm King
21st-June-2006, 04:38 PM
I posted my options on the other thread about this weekend :D Shall we start one just for the 25th too - we could have a poll (or 3) with all the options too :whistle:

Lynn
21st-June-2006, 04:39 PM
I posted my options on the other thread about this weekend :D Shall we start one just for the 25th too - we could have a poll (or 3) with all the options too :whistle:I wanna poll! :tears:

Msfab
21st-June-2006, 04:41 PM

As far as I know Paul is in India :sick:

Zebra Woman
21st-June-2006, 04:43 PM

In your dreams Rob..:rolleyes:

Oh er. Or was it my dreams? mmm...yes.:blush:

I am contemplating St Neots (for the first time in over 2 years!). Not sure I can face the music though, any idea who the Dj is this time Rob?

littlewiggle
21st-June-2006, 05:47 PM
ASKERN MINERS WELFARE -Well Let me know how you get on. I'd be interested to know. I once trekked all the way there only to find there were about 14 people (at the most!) I'd telephoned beforehand and was told they were expecting quite a few. The doorman felt so bad that he danced with me rather alot after that! Definitely wasn't worth a visit then!

spindr
21st-June-2006, 05:56 PM
The local cognoscenti have recommended "Strictly No Techno".

"It's time again for the best Freestyle of the month..Smooth Jive Fusion's "Strictly no Techno" evening at the Allendale Centre Wimborne. We will be playing a mix of R&B, Swing, Neo Tango and music that you can Jive to all night as well as Salsa, West Coast Swing etc."

SpinDr

robd
21st-June-2006, 06:01 PM
As far as I know Paul is in India :sick:

Yes, but given how much he enjoyed his last visit (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213973&postcount=28) I am sure he'd make the 3,000 or whatever mile journey to be there.

robd
21st-June-2006, 06:05 PM
I am contemplating St Neots (for the first time in over 2 years!). Not sure I can face the music though, any idea who the Dj is this time Rob?

Nice as it would be to see you there ZW, I have to say I think you'll hate
* the music - don't know who's DJing but on each of the 4 occasions I have been to a NEOTS freestyle it's been similar
* the predatory ladies
* the lack of space until about 11.30

I'm looking forward to it as it's my 1 year freestyle anniversary - this time last year at the same venue was the first pure freestyle night I attended. Seems a lot longer ago than that :grin:

Rob

Piglet
21st-June-2006, 06:19 PM
Stirling Tea Dance and workshops this Sunday :D

Heather
21st-June-2006, 06:26 PM
I reckon I'll be going to Marco's in Edinburgh on Saturday.
Anyone else going??:clap:

:hug:
Heather
x

I'm going to 2 different retirement do's on Friday one is a dinner at the Invercarse Dundee and the other is a buffet/dance in the Dundee Club (although I think I'll decline the buffet as I'll have stuffed my face at the dinner !:rofl: )

bigdjiver
21st-June-2006, 10:53 PM
I plan to go to St. Neots. I have always enjoyed it there.

Lynn
21st-June-2006, 11:06 PM
Midsummer Dinner Dance Fri night (in NI), Funky Lush Sat, T-Jive Sunday. :grin:

ShinyWeeStar
21st-June-2006, 11:14 PM
Hopefully the Stirling tea dance on Sunday. :grin:

Freya
21st-June-2006, 11:22 PM
Stirling Tea Dance and workshops this Sunday :D
:yeah: Should be a great day out!

Tiggerbabe
22nd-June-2006, 12:56 AM
Tea dance for me, too :wink:

TheTramp
22nd-June-2006, 04:00 AM
Workshops in Wellington, with Mandy as a demo :flower:

Oh, and I think on Saturday, Mandy's sister is having a birthday party, with the theme being pimps, prostitues and catholics. I have no idea what I'm going as yet*.... :innocent:

(*But I'm looking forward to seeing Mandy's outfit!!)

Piglet
22nd-June-2006, 07:09 AM
prostitues
You have to go as one of these and post pics so we know what you are...:whistle:

Cruella
22nd-June-2006, 07:56 AM
Seems a lot longer ago than that :grin:

Rob
Yes, a lot longer!!! :innocent:

Donna
22nd-June-2006, 11:13 AM
I'd really like to do Stockport. Totally forgot that there is a workshop on there all day Sat with two latin pro's then they'll be doing a demo at night. :clap:

Oh well :sad: found out this was cancelled. :tears: Still going to the freestyle though of course :grin: but no demo.

fletch
22nd-June-2006, 01:29 PM
I reckon I'll be going to Marco's in Edinburgh on Saturday.
Anyone else going??:clap:

:hug:
Heather
x

I loved Marco's although I only managed the last half hour last Thursday, I was very impressed with the Salsa bar after.:cheers:

Its a little far for one night even for me (4 hours):really:

Lovely to meet you, hope to see you again soon:flower:

Fletch
x

PeteK
22nd-June-2006, 01:53 PM
Current plan is Stockport (will be up North for the weekend) - haven't been there in ages but I remember it used to be great.

Since I'm going to the Casbah (South Ken) on Friday night, it promises to be a pretty fun weekend.

Zebra Woman
22nd-June-2006, 01:58 PM
* the music - don't know who's DJing but on each of the 4 occasions I have been to a NEOTS freestyle it's been similar
* the predatory ladies

I'm looking forward to it as it's my 1 year freestyle anniversary - this time last year at the same venue was the first pure freestyle night I attended. Seems a lot longer ago than that :grin:

Rob

Hmm I think you're right Rob, maybe I'll give it a miss. Have a good night and

:clap: Happy Anniversary! :clap:

ZW:flower:

under par
22nd-June-2006, 02:02 PM
The local cognoscenti have recommended "Strictly No Techno".

"It's time again for the best Freestyle of the month..Smooth Jive Fusion's "Strictly no Techno" evening at the Allendale Centre Wimborne. We will be playing a mix of R&B, Swing, Neo Tango and music that you can Jive to all night as well as Salsa, West Coast Swing etc."

SpinDr

Mandy and Ian are great I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Lisa
22nd-June-2006, 02:03 PM
Given my recent new lease of life and tour of Northern jive clubs

Im due to go to this on friday
Askern Miners Welfare Club, Manor Way, Askern, Doncaster
Special Event - MIDSUMMER BALL Great night of dancing and music from your resident DJ - Simon. Dress to impress. Free raffle. 8pm - 11.45pm.
Is it any good ?
Anything else on within 50 miles of York on friday or saturday?

Stewart38- I've been to the xmas parties the past few years and a summerball at Askern, as it's 20 mins away from my Mum and Dad's home. I've always had an excellent time there- nice floor, very friendly. Hope you enjoy it if you go.

Lisa x

stewart38
22nd-June-2006, 03:50 PM
* the predatory ladies

Rob

As a beginner you should be honoured women ask you to dance you seem to think that’s a draw back ??

onkar
22nd-June-2006, 03:55 PM
The DJ at St Neots this Friday is John, who normally DJ's at Letchworth and Biggleswade.

Onkar

robd
22nd-June-2006, 04:49 PM
As a beginner you should be honoured women ask you to dance you seem to think that’s a draw back ??

I guess you refer to the predatory ladies comment?

I flagged that up as a problem for women attending (as ZW was considering doing). Me? I love predatory women :grin:

s9691
22nd-June-2006, 07:37 PM
Me? I love predatory women :grin:

Look forward to seeing you at St Neots then Rob, so I can practice my 'predatory woman' thing... Woohoo!

Sara

Swinging bee
22nd-June-2006, 09:13 PM
I'll be at JAG Jive's Freestyle on Saturday in Bookham Surrey playing some cool tunes in the S & B room whilst John Miller will be playing more cool tunes in the Main Hall. Almost sold out again, so should be fun! Hope to see lots of you there. :clap:

DavidY
23rd-June-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm planning to go to the Ceroc Central freestyle in Derby on Friday night.

The regular DJ from Thursday nights at Rugby, Chris, :worthy: :worthy: , is due to be there.

He plays some fab and varied music, and I'd recommend his music to people in the area (unless you only like the more repetitive modern dance/chart music, in which case you might be disappointed...).

Twirly
23rd-June-2006, 02:56 PM
Is anyone going to Hammersmith tomorrow night? I wasn't, as I'm doing a workshop on Sunday, but just been asked by a friend and am sorely tempted. Just hope my feet will forgive me if I give in and go!

Zebra Woman
23rd-June-2006, 05:00 PM
I will be at Funky Lush Saturday - and that is all.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ray and Jane :clap:

Sunday, it has to be the football.

England EXPECTS :D .

ZW

WittyBird
23rd-June-2006, 05:05 PM
Is anyone going to Hammersmith tomorrow night?

There is a large possibility I will be there :D Going to a friends party first but then need to get to Hammersmith to meet MissyD :D

If you go, come say hello :clap:

Twirly
23rd-June-2006, 05:08 PM
I'd love to - but not sure how I'd recognise/find you! Unless you really do look like your avatar... :whistle:

wayaay bird
23rd-June-2006, 05:12 PM
Is anyone going to Hammersmith tomorrow night? I wasn't, as I'm doing a workshop on Sunday, but just been asked by a friend and am sorely tempted. Just hope my feet will forgive me if I give in and go!

I should be going hammersmith, if not i will go bromley as its nearer. see how i feel tomomrrow.

fletch
23rd-June-2006, 05:17 PM
Unless you really do look like your avatar...

I'm saying nothing :whistle:
lalalala :rofl:

WittyBird
23rd-June-2006, 05:21 PM
I'd love to - but not sure how I'd recognise/find you! Unless you really do look like your avatar... :whistle:
Thats me :rofl:

Or....

Twirly
23rd-June-2006, 05:32 PM
Thanks - maybe see you tomorrow :nice: And maybe you too Wayaay...

Be first meet with any forumites if I do make it :eek:

fletch
23rd-June-2006, 07:03 PM
thats a Fab photo of you Bec's :flower:

WittyBird
23rd-June-2006, 07:05 PM
thats a Fab photo of you Bec's :flower:

Thanks babe the forum ass took it aka El Stirrer Gringo :D
Can't wait to see u :yum:

Minnie M
24th-June-2006, 12:04 AM
Workshops in Wellington, with Mandy as a demo :flower:

And Mandy's other half could possibly make a appearance at Daventry on Saturday :clap: :clap: :clap:

littlewiggle
24th-June-2006, 09:25 AM
Well I'm going to Bulwell tonight. It's usually a good night so should be fun :nice:

Lynn
24th-June-2006, 09:50 AM
Funky Lush Sat, T-Jive Sunday......tango Mon, most likely tango Tues, Ceroc Wed...

Oh yes and there's a course with work to be fitted in somewhere there too...:rofl:

Off to finish packing!

littlewiggle
24th-June-2006, 09:55 AM
...tango Mon, most likely tango Tues, Ceroc Wed...

Oh yes and there's a course with work to be fitted in somewhere there too...:rofl:

Sounds like you are getting your priorities right to me Lynn but then again I could be biased :rofl:

FirstMove
24th-June-2006, 01:46 PM
I might be at the T-Jive on tomorrow, if I remember how to dance after 2 weeks off.

Georgious dancer
24th-June-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks - maybe see you tomorrow :nice: And maybe you too Wayaay...

Be first meet with any forumites if I do make it :eek:

I'm going to Hammersmith tonight, after wayaay bird begged and pleaded with me and twisted my arm behind my back:whistle:

Hope you do make it, would be lovely to meet you. There are lots of photo's of both of us on the forum, look at the who's who thread in chit chat! I'd do a link but I don't know how! hehe

Please do try and find us!

Twirly
24th-June-2006, 05:16 PM
K, am definitely going tonight with my (male) friend and really looking forward to it - hope I catch up with you guys. :clap:

Will hang around the stage and see if I can spot you - so if you see a woman checking other women out rather than the guys, then you'll know it's me! :really:

Minnie M
24th-June-2006, 05:55 PM
And Mandy's other half could possibly make a appearance at Daventry on Saturday :clap: :clap: :clap:
whoops ........... wrong thread :blush: sorry .... Daventry is NEXT week :what: :innocent:

WittyBird
24th-June-2006, 06:01 PM
so if you see a woman checking other women out rather than the guys, then you'll know it's me! :really:

If you see one chatting and not dancing then you'll know it's me :rolleyes:

wayaay bird
24th-June-2006, 07:06 PM
Dont know if this is gonna work but here's a pic of us..

Me and GD (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1738&page=23)

Ooh it worked :D

WittyBird
24th-June-2006, 07:36 PM
Ooh it worked :D

I don't think it did :rofl: Nice one of Lory in 2003 though :rolleyes:

wayaay bird
25th-June-2006, 11:55 AM
It works when i click on it :confused:

I had a brilliant night last night
(Thanks to SF for making it even better) :kiss:

I had lots of great dances with.. QGD, SF, DirtyD, S&E :hug: , MikeyR, GD and not forgetting the lovely Marc :flower:

Was looking out for you twirly, think we all were.. no luck though :sad:
Music was great. :clap:

Best time i've had at hammersmith for a while.

Xxx

wayaay bird
25th-June-2006, 12:41 PM
Ooh and ESG, how could i forget you.. :flower:

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Xxx

Cruella
25th-June-2006, 01:49 PM
Funky Lush was great last night. Toby played some more uptempo stuff which worked well. It was so good to see Ray and Jane. :flower: Both looking really well, at least until Rays nose incident! I told you Ray, the girls hit back over here! :D
A real treat to have Jenny and Danny turn up.:drool: We're dying to try out these facials! :rofl:
Some other pleasant surprises too, Amir and Cat, Jockey, Carol and Beyton and lots of othe fabby dancers.
Unfortunately the night ended on a low, when we discovered one of the cars had been broken into and had some stuff stolen.:angry:

Minnie M
25th-June-2006, 04:10 PM
Funky Lush was great last night. Toby played some more uptempo stuff which worked well. It was so good to see Ray and Jane. :flower: Both looking really well .......A real treat to have Jenny and Danny turn up...........Amir, Jockey, Carol and Beyton .........
:yeah: :clap: :yeah: :worthy:
and Phil (Webb? of Phil & Yuko fame):worthy: and Simon & Nicole :worthy: and spindr :worthy: and our Lynn :hug: etc etc lots of lovely people and great dancers

The only thing missing was Sparkles yummy cakes - kept thinking it was a tea dance :really: :innocent: (was quite surprised to see it was dark when we left)

Thanks to Div & Toby - a great night :clap: :hug: :clap: with some amazing dances :worthy:

.........Unfortunately the night ended on a low, when we discovered one of the cars had been broken into and had some stuff stolen.:angry:
:sick: oh my goodness ..........that's awful, did they call the police ?

Twirly
25th-June-2006, 10:19 PM
It works when i click on it :confused:

I had a brilliant night last night
(Thanks to SF for making it even better) :kiss:

I had lots of great dances with.. QGD, SF, DirtyD, S&E :hug: , MikeyR, GD and not forgetting the lovely Marc :flower:

Was looking out for you twirly, think we all were.. no luck though :sad:
Music was great. :clap:

Best time i've had at hammersmith for a while.

Xxx

Well I managed to find WB and Tessalicious, but not anyone else. Had a good night too - though no idea of the names of anyone I danced with. Oh the joys of being relatively new to all of this! :whistle:

Had a good natter with Tess at the workshop today (when she eventually recognised me :whistle: ) so hopefully I'll be able to find her another time and meet you guys properly. :kiss:

Lynn
26th-June-2006, 03:02 PM
What a lovely weekend. Funky Lush was fab, the Jango workshop was nice and tangoey, the T-jive with tasty music and cake, and such a friendly crowd, was one of the nicest afternoons dancing I've had, and the weekend was rounded off nicely in the Berko blues room.