PDA

View Full Version : Stirling B&Bs

Piglet
20th-June-2006, 12:15 AM
Help!
Anyone with insider knowledge able to direct me to a decent B&B close (ish) to the Albert Halls? Hotel might do.

Any ladies looking to share a room? Might keep my cost down a bit.

Similarly I'm travelling down with a male friend - he might also appreciate a room buddy, but will have to double check with him first.

I've got a car, but think it would be best to get somewhere to stay as close as I can to the Albert Halls...

Much appreciated :hug:

Yliander
20th-June-2006, 12:17 AM
Help!
Anyone with insider knowledge able to direct me to a decent B&B close (ish) to the Albert Halls? Hotel might do.

Any ladies looking to share a room? Might keep my cost down a bit.

Similarly I'm travelling down with a male friend - he might also appreciate a room buddy, but will have to double check with him first.

I've got a car, but think it would be best to get somewhere to stay as close as I can to the Albert Halls...

Much appreciated :hug:I'd be happy to share - makes the party more enjoyable if I'm not trecking all the way back to Dundee after :)

Piglet
20th-June-2006, 12:21 AM
I'd be happy to share - makes the party more enjoyable if I'm not trecking all the way back to Dundee after :)
You must be psychic - or maybe I am, but I was thinking of you as I posted - will let you know how I get on and what the prices are like. We could pick you up on the way down too :hug:

Yliander
20th-June-2006, 12:40 AM
You must be psychic - or maybe I am, but I was thinking of you as I posted - will let you know how I get on and what the prices are like. We could pick you up on the way down too :hug:And I will check through all my tourist stuff - sure there are B&B's, hotels, and motels in there for just about everywhere!

Piglet
20th-June-2006, 06:54 AM
Fantastic! You don't fancy being my secretary do you? :rofl:

clevedonboy
20th-June-2006, 07:31 AM
Do you know about smoothound? http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/stirling.html

Piglet
20th-June-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks Clevendonboy - I didn't, but I do now :D

Some similar names to the ones I found already on the net, but I was looking for more of a personal recommendation. Though if no-one replies, your website is a great help :hug:

johnthehappyguy
20th-June-2006, 11:00 AM
There is a Dancer who attends Stirling classes who runs a B and B in Stirling .

I will talk to her tonight about it.

John:nice:

Piglet
20th-June-2006, 07:12 PM
You are a darling, thank you very much John the Happy Talcy Guy :hug:

johnthehappyguy
21st-June-2006, 11:00 AM
There is a Dancer who attends Stirling classes who runs a B and B in Stirling .

I will talk to her tonight about it.

I did so, and Janice, the Lady in question has some vacancies !

Janice's details are;-

janice.rowan@btconnect.co.uk

( aargh not sure now if it is .co.uk or .com ?

I guess you could e mail both. oops sorry.)

Anyway just now she has 3 rooms available for then, all have a twin bed and a single.

She is flexible regards sharing arrangements.

Janice's place is less than 15 minutes walk from Albert Hall, and there is a good chance of a lift to the venue.

Apparently Stirling is getting a big contingency of Italians in July, and so it will be likely that B and Bs will be booked up very soon.

So best get your skates on, wherever you plan to stay.

The Passion Harem
21st-June-2006, 07:27 PM
It is not a personal recommendation but I booked in here.

http://www.instirling.com/accomm/bbb/burns.htm

Cost £50 :eek: the price of weekenders! It is on the same street as the Albert Hall. Maureen, the owner said she had 3 rooms left...

:hug:

Yliander
5th-July-2006, 12:54 PM
It is not a personal recommendation but I booked in here.

http://www.instirling.com/accomm/bbb/burns.htm

Cost £50 :eek: the price of weekenders! It is on the same street as the Albert Hall. Maureen, the owner said she had 3 rooms left...

:hug: thanks for the info - we (Piglet, Caro, Douglas & I) have booked into the B&B reccommended by John - the owner is a cerocer to!!