PDA

View Full Version : Never dance off-beat again!

Gadget
19th-June-2006, 07:51 PM
DO YOU sometimes find the music on your MP3 player just doesn't match the tempo of your punishing exercise regime?

To save you the hassle of fiddling about for the right track, iPod maker Apple last week filed a patent on an MP3 player designed to match the music's tempo to your activity (US patent application 2006/0107822).

The Californian firm says a built-in accelerometer would sense your jogging speed and adjust the music accordingly. Crucially, to ensure Kylie doesn't end up squeaking like Minnie Mouse, the MP3 player would also include a "vocoder", a signal processor that allows it to adjust tempo without affecting the pitch of the instruments and vocals.
Just need twin blue-tooth head-phones and you're set. :D

Caro
19th-June-2006, 08:12 PM
Just need twin blue-tooth head-phones and you're set. :D

lol! I do find it difficult to listen to my MP3 player while walking and not walking on the beat of whatever track is playing at the time... I must look really weird sometimes :rofl:

Rhythm King
20th-June-2006, 11:10 AM
lol! I do find it difficult to listen to my MP3 player while walking and not walking on the beat of whatever track is playing at the time... I must look really weird sometimes :rofl:
:yeah: Especially when there is an irresistable break!! :blush:

Beowulf
20th-June-2006, 11:12 AM

As I said in another thread.. Me + MP3 player + "Stayin' Alive" = The John Travolta Strut.

timbp
20th-June-2006, 11:24 AM
As I said in another thread.. Me + MP3 player + "Stayin' Alive" = The John Travolta Strut.
You know, mp3 players have improved, Current ones can take more than one song...maybe you should upgrade?

Daisy Chain
20th-June-2006, 12:13 PM
:yeah: Especially when there is an irresistable break!! :blush:

Nearly killed myself by hitting one of those whilst running on the Power Jogger.

Daisy

(An Active Little Flower)

Beowulf
20th-June-2006, 04:48 PM
You know, mp3 players have improved, Current ones can take more than one song...maybe you should upgrade?

more.. than... one... song? You mean I could get "Stayin' Alive" AND "Night fever" on at the same time.. what Will they think of next :)

(last count I thing I had 6000+ tracks.. 3000 copies of Stayin' Alive and 2999 of "Night fever" oh and "is this the way to amarillo" :rofl: )