PDA

View Full Version : Hygiene et al

Allez-Cat
14th-June-2006, 11:34 PM
A propos recent threads on summer dancing and the perspiration problem, I was interested to see Ceroc Metro picking up on the hygiene aspects by issuing the following warning in their latest e-mail activity update:

" Health and Safety warning!
When you are dancing please make sure you drink plenty of water, especially in this hot weather. A towel is a vital piece of your dance equipment, a spare top and deodorant is a must. Also please make sure your hands and cleaned regularly so as not to pass on any germs. At CerocMetro venues, we make sure there is soap in the bathrooms, usually provided by us, deodorant is usually available if you forgot your own and mints are generally available for nice clean fresh breath. "

A refreshingly (no pun) responsible stance, methinks, for which credit is due.

And no, I'm not on the payroll.....

MartinHarper
15th-June-2006, 12:21 AM
The idea that perspiration or bad breath is a health and safety hazard is silly. You can't give someone a disease by sweating over them.

straycat
15th-June-2006, 08:34 AM
The idea that perspiration or bad breath is a health and safety hazard is silly. You can't give someone a disease by sweating over them.
Not if you use protection, anyway.

Beowulf
15th-June-2006, 08:51 AM
I think that's just common sense. I cannot abide men who go to the loo then walk past me without washing their hands. Utterly disgusting.

And in this hot weather, general cleanliness precautions are a good thing. My Dancing bag contains a number of clean T Shirts, a towel, a pack of moist wipes, a packet of smints and a roll on deoderant.

You maybe can't give someone a disease from bad breath.. but you can make them ill if you pong ;)

straycat
22nd-June-2006, 10:40 PM
I think that's just common sense. I cannot abide men who go to the loo then walk past me without washing their hands. Utterly disgusting.

NAME DROP TIME!!!! YAY!!!!
On my first every visit to the 100 Club, I saw someone do exactly that (walked out from one of the cubicles in the gents, straight out of the door, no hand-washing in-between) ...
... and he went straight up to a friend of mine and asked her to dance.

Beowulf
23rd-June-2006, 11:02 PM
I saw him do exactly that (walked out from one of the cubicles in the gents, straight out of the door, no hand-washing in-between) ...
... and he went straight up to a friend of mine and asked her to dance.

YUUUUUCK !! it's so disgusting !! Even worse when you see them going outside then eating something with their fingers..

jivecat
24th-June-2006, 09:23 AM
YUUUUUCK !! it's so disgusting !! Even worse when you see them going outside then eating something with their fingers..

MMMmmm. reminds me of the days when I used to spend my weekends rock-climbing. Hours spent scrabbling around on rocky ledges covered with sheepsh*t. No washing facilities for miles around. My pack of sandwiches always used to taste just brilliant........

Baruch
25th-June-2006, 10:58 PM
MMMmmm. reminds me of the days when I used to spend my weekends rock-climbing. Hours spent scrabbling around on rocky ledges covered with sheepsh*t. No washing facilities for miles around. My pack of sandwiches always used to taste just brilliant........
Reminds me of my sea fishing days. No washing facilities, hands covered in bits of bait.... ragworm flavoured sandwiches, anyone?

MartinHarper
25th-June-2006, 11:23 PM
The silliness of it all is that this "health and safety warning" is being issued at precisely the time of year when the risk of "passing on germs" is at its lowest. Next they'll be saying that the "ceroc C" helps prevent the spread of AIDS.

Health and Safety Warning: bouncing your hands may lead to leprosy!

Gadget
26th-June-2006, 01:10 AM
Ewwww.... well, I suppose that's one way to stop bouncers - their partner's hands come off at the wrists!

:what:

LMC
26th-June-2006, 09:08 AM
I'll see your sheepsh*t and raise you platypus poo. I was on an environmental project in Australia, counting platypus - overnight work in the middle of absolutely nowhere, catching 'em, checking 'condition' etc then releasing them within a couple of hours - because platypus need to eat up to 30% of their own body weight every day. And what goes into the platypus tends to come out of the platypus... and it's green and really runny :sick: :yum:

jivecat
26th-June-2006, 09:54 AM
I'll see your sheepsh*t and raise you platypus poo. I was on an environmental project in Australia, counting platypus - overnight work in the middle of absolutely nowhere, catching 'em, checking 'condition' etc then releasing them within a couple of hours - because platypus need to eat up to 30% of their own body weight every day. And what goes into the platypus tends to come out of the platypus... and it's green and really runny :sick: :yum:

They live on a diet of mushy peas and mint sauce???:really: :drool:

Dreamer
26th-June-2006, 03:35 PM
I was on an environmental project in Australia, counting platypus

Platypuses? Platypi? Platypodes?
Or was there just the one?