He who must not be named :rofl:

I'm still laughing :rofl:

Is your scar hurting Harry :na:

Trousers
13th-June-2006, 06:01 PM
Ouch!!!

littlewiggle
30th-June-2006, 05:15 PM
So who's going then? Perhaps this should have been a poll!

Jivingdan
30th-June-2006, 05:48 PM
I cant make it I am preparing to move house. Mike is usually pretty good and if Debbie Attwood is teaching her classes are usually good fun

stewart38
3rd-July-2006, 09:52 AM
So who's going then? Perhaps this should have been a poll!

Looks like i am , trying to find a link ?

stewart38
3rd-July-2006, 10:20 AM
Is there a competition going on ? Its not clear from the web site ?

No phone nos so will just post cheque :sick:

littlewiggle
3rd-July-2006, 12:06 PM
Is there a competition going on ? Its not clear from the web site ?

No phone nos so will just post cheque :sick:

I am onlygoing to the night do so hopefully can pay on door. DWAS would be good fun!

stewart38
3rd-July-2006, 01:01 PM
I am onlygoing to the night do so hopefully can pay on door. DWAS would be good fun!

Where on the web site does it say DWAS ??

It mentions prizes and the ‘competition’ wont break much into free style etc

Im told you better book ??

Given the distance involved not going to take a chance re you can just turn up

Unless the organiser reads these pages and can let us know

littlewiggle
3rd-July-2006, 07:38 PM
Where on the web site does it say DWAS ??

It doesn't! I was just surmising it would be fun! Have emailed Mike and asked about entry and comps but not yet had a reply :sad: Will let you know if anyone ever gets back to me...:whistle:

Cruella
3rd-July-2006, 07:53 PM
I am onlygoing to the night do so hopefully can pay on door.
It says it's a ticket only event on the uk jive site (http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/event-list.asp).

littlewiggle
5th-July-2006, 04:57 PM
It says it's a ticket only event on the uk jive site (http://www.uk-jive.co.uk/event-list.asp).

No sweat! i have an arrangement!

MartinHarper
6th-July-2006, 11:46 AM
Heard that it's fun. Will probably get a ticket today if they're still being sold.

fletch
6th-July-2006, 06:11 PM
Looks like I will be a there :really:

DavidY
10th-July-2006, 06:31 PM
So did anyone go to this in the end? What was it like?

WittyBird
10th-July-2006, 06:43 PM
So did anyone go to this in the end? What was it like?

I wasn't there luckily but apparently there was a bit of a scrap :rofl:

Not that I'm one to gossip :innocent:

stewart38
11th-July-2006, 12:13 PM
I wasn't there luckily but apparently there was a bit of a scrap :rofl:

Not that I'm one to gossip :innocent:

Ok ill post some pics soon but have never seen Fletch move so fast to see this bit of a ‘scrap’ and get a pic or two. She missed out on the pics lol

It wasn’t crowded and for £15 (just evening) not sure what it was aimed at ?

They cancel the live band I assume because of lack of numbers

The web site was never clear re was it all ticket (you could have had another 100 turn up and it wouldn’t have been crowded)

The prizes given out were nothing to do with a ‘competition’ just a raffle

There was a awful set played (Fletch will support me !) just before the last lot

All in all ok but not worth £15 as it was just another freestyle night ok they through in a singer

Clearly hiring a hall like that may push price up.

Ill post some pics soon

Gus
11th-July-2006, 12:44 PM
Clearly hiring a hall like that may push price up.
Stoke is a strange place (I'm from there so entitled to comment:sick:). Since 1997 its seen the demise of 4 Ceroc venues (including 2 of mine). For a time I operated at Kings Hall .... great venue but when you have a class of 25 in a venues that can hold about 400 then you know you've got it wrong.:sad:

Kings Hall is expensive but pound per square foot a lot cheaper than our Cheshire venues. The problem is that Ceroc has never takjen off in the Potteries and so there isn't the range of dancers or DJs to pull in the crowds ... having said that I dont know who the DJs on the night were so I stand to be corrected :blush:

Gus
11th-July-2006, 12:46 PM

The web site was never clear re was it all ticket (you could have had another 100 turn up and it wouldn’t have been crowded)

The prizes given out were nothing to do with a ‘competition’ just a raffle
Just recieved a text that some people weren't happy that many of the extras (including Band, star DJs) were cancelled and at least one irate cutsomer is threatening to sue (allegedly) :really: Was there really such a gap between what was advertised and what was delivered ... or is someone just throwing their toys out of the pram?

Donna
11th-July-2006, 01:11 PM
Just recieved a text that some people weren't happy that many of the extras (including Band, star DJs) were cancelled and at least one irate cutsomer is threatening to sue (allegedly) :really: Was there really such a gap between what was advertised and what was delivered ... or is someone just throwing their toys out of the pram?

Glad I didn't go now. Sounds to me if it continues this way, this may well be the last of party in the potteries. oh dear....

stewart38
11th-July-2006, 03:21 PM

Maybe that irate guy was the one thrown out ?? Fletch got anything to say :grin: He picked up his DJ stuff etc ??

There was no live band there was no caberet (but that was a invite ?) all advertised

sandwhiches ran out very quickly

id say there was 100 there but hard to say a big venue , maybe more at the end certainly loads of room to dance

I arrive just after 6pm and the dance classes had ended with about 30 there

fletch
11th-July-2006, 06:00 PM
have never seen Fletch move so fast to see this bit of a ‘scrap’

There was a awful set played (Fletch will support me !) just before the last lot

All in all ok but not worth £15 as it was just another freestyle night ok they through in a singer

only watching these days:na:

I was told by Mike the band cried off, there have been lots of comments about it been his usual 'trick' suggest he needs to work hard to recover his reputation, it might work once :really:

Poor OXO'S he is a fantastic DJ :respect: and his set (if he was allowed) would be very similar to marc Forster but the audience are so into bouncing around the floor like tiger the tigers they only want Ceroc anthems,:sick: he does try introduce new 'stuff' to them, but yes the set before him wasn't to my liking but i'm looking to a bit more inspiring music, I like most music so it must have been bad for me to moan.:sad:

As I say........have car will have to travel:mad:

WittyBird
12th-July-2006, 12:38 AM
As I say........have car will have to travel:mad:

And now - Have TOMTOM can get there! :rofl:

You're always welcome at mine babe :flower:

littlewiggle
12th-July-2006, 07:35 PM
Glad I didn't go now. Sounds to me if it continues this way, this may well be the last of party in the potteries. oh dear....

Does this mean nobody will be venturing there for Midlands Ceroc Champs?

DianaS
14th-July-2006, 02:33 PM
It is very disappointing but many people from the Midlands do have to travel to have an enjoyable nights dancing.
As it is centrally located there is the potenital for a dance mecca, North meets South, as it is its more of a no go area!
I know Mike, he lives in the next village to my Mum, but after a couple of nights visiting a few of his venues decided to call it a day

Gus
14th-July-2006, 05:02 PM
As it is centrally located there is the potenital for a dance mecca, North meets South, as it is its more of a no go area!In the late 1990's the Ceroc Stafford club WAS the mecca. This was in the days before Mike took it over. The weekly classess were 'ok', but the freestyles used to draw in dancers from Nantwich, Manchester, Sheffield, Notts, Brum etc. They were GREAT events and I really miss them. Will we see thgeir like again?:(

Donna
14th-July-2006, 05:09 PM
They were GREAT events and I really miss them. Will we see thgeir like again?:(

Thgzz thhhhgzzz thgeirrr what?! :confused: Just how much DID you and ste drink today? :rofl: :rofl:

fletch
14th-July-2006, 05:14 PM
In the late 1990's the Ceroc Stafford club WAS the mecca. This was in the days before Mike took it over. The weekly classess were 'ok', but the freestyles used to draw in dancers from Nantwich, Manchester, Sheffield, Notts, Brum etc. They were GREAT events and I really miss them. Will we see thgeir like again?:(
I have heard this before.:what:

will we see the like again, I would like to think so, but here would have to be some major changes for that to happen, and maybe with age I i'm learning to be a little tactful for my own good, as constructive criticism isn't well received?:rolleyes:

The lovely Steve (brace):hug: is having his 't' dance this Sunday and although its not getting the support we would all like, its a FAB venue (air conditioned) OXOS DJing:respect: plus me and the kids what more could any one want,:wink: OK good dancers, well you can't have everything (can you) but if we don't support him, will there be anyone to challenge the strangle hold on the midlands.:mad:

fletch
16th-July-2006, 11:28 PM

I have just been with someone who told me they have got 'trading standards' involved and its been looked into, as there looks as if there is a case for concern (allegedly)

burt apparently there has been no complaints directly to Mike and he is unaware that ANYONE was unhappy.

I would be interested in hearing a comment from the 'band' as to 'did THEY cry off' as we were all told or were they 'cancelled' this seems to be the main topic of grievance as far as I can tell.

But I would suspect most people will vote with there feet

:(