11th-June-2006, 11:30 AM
:clap: Aberdeen Beach Ballroom with Amir! :clap:
And don't forget the awesome foursome :wink:

Piglet
11th-June-2006, 12:07 PM
Is there a way to book a dance with this awesome foursome then?:wink:

Tiggerbabe
11th-June-2006, 07:40 PM
You could always try walking up to them and saying excuse me *insert name of choice* but would you like to dance? :)

Little Monkey
11th-June-2006, 10:34 PM
Hoping to go to Route 66 on Friday, then Beach Ballroom on Saturday, and needing lifts to both....:whistle:

If I can't go to both, I shall try my best to at least get to the Beach Ballroom! :clap:

fletch
11th-June-2006, 10:35 PM
Is there a way to book a dance with this awesome foursome then?:wink:
They are all very different, but all FAB dancers, with loads of personality, you will have good fun :clap:

and i'm sure they won't refuse:flower:

Spice 'n' Easy
11th-June-2006, 10:44 PM
You could always try walking up to them and saying excuse me *insert name of choice* but would you like to dance? :)

That normally works with me :wink:

Hope you'll spare me a dance..... or three, Tiggerbabe? :drool:

See you all soon :clap:

fletch
11th-June-2006, 10:46 PM
That normally works with me :wink:

See you all soon :clap:

Save me some you owe me a few :worthy:

Spice 'n' Easy
11th-June-2006, 10:50 PM

Of course. You can count on it :flower: :hug:

Tiggerbabe
12th-June-2006, 12:04 AM

or 4 - I'm looking forward to it :hug:

Sheepman
12th-June-2006, 01:54 AM
Looks like it's all happening north of the border this weekend.

But as ever, there are missing options on the poll, :really: as I shall be at the Saturday night WCS freestyle in Putney! :D

And that looks like being my only dancing next w/e :tears:

Greg

Jennifer
12th-June-2006, 09:51 AM
I'll be in New York dancing WCS :clap: so no Route 66 for me this month. Will be there next time DD :flower:

stewart38
12th-June-2006, 10:07 AM

Guess you will be in Scotland:whistle:

Dance Demon
12th-June-2006, 11:15 AM
I'll be in New York dancing WCS :clap: so no Route 66 for me this month. Will be there next time DD :flower:

Yay..have a great time Jennifer. :hug: :hug:

Tessalicious
12th-June-2006, 11:22 AM
Friday, I'm not too disappointed that Ashtons is cancelled (except on everyone else's behalf of course) because I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. The reason being that I am going to Wembley Arena to see the Pussycat Dolls and The Black-Eyed Peas in concert, together! :drool: Anyone jealous?

Apart from that I'll hopefully be at Greenwich on Saturday, and rehearsing for the Big Dance on Sunday so can't make the boat.

Almost an Angel
12th-June-2006, 12:07 PM
There's not option for this but thought I'd mention it anyway

I'm heading to Fethiye in Turkey for a lovely holiday with Mod Chick and Suzy (non Forumite) So I'll be sunning myself and relaxing by the villa's pool or on the nearby beach :clap: plus checking out the local nightlife. :wink:

Angel xx

Paul F
12th-June-2006, 12:15 PM
There's not option for this but thought I'd mention it anyway

I'm heading to Fethiye in Turkey for a lovely holiday with Mod Chick and Suzy (non Forumite) So I'll be sunning myself and relaxing by the villa's pool or on the nearby beach :clap: plus checking out the local nightlife. :wink:

Angel xx

Cooool !! Hope you have a nice time.

PeteK
12th-June-2006, 01:15 PM
Will be being taken away somewhere (no idea where) by Ash (non-forumite) for a birthday surprise:wink: - so probably not dancing this weekend......

Ickle Chick'n
12th-June-2006, 01:29 PM
Also not an option on poll (Southwest is off the radar! LOL) There's a party hapnin' down Exeter way if anyone's in the area, as long as you pass the challenges set to determine if you're :worthy: enuf or course! LOL

We have some lovely men and ladies down this end of the world so worth a thought sometime, always a treat for us to receive visitors from outside...!:D

fletch
12th-June-2006, 01:36 PM
Guess you will be in Scotland:whistle:
:clap: :hug: :clap: :hug: :clap:

And where will you be? :flower:

David Bailey
12th-June-2006, 04:31 PM
OK, I know I'm going to get some stick for asking, but what's on at Oxford this Sat?

I've been asked by a friend. No, really - not me, a real friend, not an imaginary one like most of my others...

ANyway, I can't see anything on the Ceroc central website... is that the right venue? North of Watford, I get hopelessly lost :(

Tazmanian Devil
12th-June-2006, 08:19 PM
OK, I know I'm going to get some stick for asking, but what's on at Oxford this Sat?
:rofl: :rofl: See I said this thread would be for you!!

Straight from Lyndas list :D
The Rover Club, Roman Way, Horspath, Cowley, OX4 6NL DJ: Jon Brett -Musicality workshop with NIGEL & NINA in the afternoon

I've been asked by a friend. No, really - not me, a real friend, not an imaginary one like most of my others...

ANyway, I can't see anything on the Ceroc central website... is that the right venue? North of Watford, I get hopelessly lost :(
:rofl: :rofl: There there hun :hug:

Andreas
12th-June-2006, 08:19 PM
North of Watford, I get hopelessly lost :(
I thought that is why you got that TomTom :na:

Georgious dancer
12th-June-2006, 08:24 PM

Do my eyes decieve me or is the same man that started the do we really need the whats on this weekend thread?:confused:

Andreas
12th-June-2006, 08:41 PM
Your eyes deceive you because this bloke here started a thread "Who's going where this weekends". So it is not the 'what is on' that was the issue. :na: :flower:

David Bailey
12th-June-2006, 08:45 PM
Straight from Lyndas list
Yes - amazingly, I did see that, but like all Ceroc Central events, the descriptive element is somewhat lacking. What's it like? When does it start / finish? Has anyone been there?

Do my eyes decieve me or is the same man that started the do we really need the whats on this weekend thread?:confused:
Yes, your eyes do indeed deceive you ( :na: ), I started a thread saying "Do we need to know who's going where", I've got nothing against venue information, I just don't need to know who's going where every second of the day...

I thought that is why you got that TomTom :na:
The first time I went to Daventry, I put in the postcode from the Ceroc Central website into the TomTom, and we ended up outside a farm, two miles from the venue. :rolleyes:

EDIT: darn, Andreas beat me to it. I still got the typo tho :smug icon:

Minnie M
12th-June-2006, 09:00 PM
....Straight from Lyndas list

Yes - amazingly, I did see that, but like all Ceroc Central events, the descriptive element is somewhat lacking. What's it like? When does it start / finish? Has anyone been there?
:tears:
amazingly :confused:
the descriptive element is somewhat lacking :tears:

I do try :innocent: :tears: :flower:

David Bailey
12th-June-2006, 09:05 PM
:tears:
amazingly :confused:
the descriptive element is somewhat lacking :tears:

I do try :innocent: :tears: :flower:
Sweetie :hug: - sorry, it's not your fault, and I wasn't having a go at you :flower:

It's the Ceroc Central website which is useless. The 1-liners they do for every freestyle are less than helpful. Your site is much more informative than theirs.

Oops :blush:

Minnie M
12th-June-2006, 09:16 PM
Sweetie :hug: - sorry, it's not your fault, and I wasn't having a go at you :flower:

It's the Ceroc Central website which is useless. The 1-liners they do for every freestyle are less than helpful. Your site is much more informative than theirs.

Oops :blush:
thank you :hug:

Andreas
12th-June-2006, 11:02 PM
thank you :hug:
DJ is indeed right, your site is heaps more informative. Still, you shouldn't let him get away with it. Saying nice things is not good for his reputation. :na: :D

dee
13th-June-2006, 01:46 AM

Ive not been there but picked up a flyer

Musicality workshop starts at 2pm til 5pm

3 hours plus 30 mins at the end to practise.
Workshop in advance booking. Special price £30pp Wkshop/freestyle
£25 workshop only

Freestyle 8.30 til 12.30pm

www.jiveplus.com

TheTramp
13th-June-2006, 02:05 AM
The reason being that I am going to Wembley Arena to see the Pussycat Dolls and The Black-Eyed Peas in concert, together! :drool: Anyone jealous?

Yes.

Me.

I'll just have to console myself with teaching in Christchurch and Dunedin this weekend.... :rolleyes:

Cruella
13th-June-2006, 08:04 AM

Understandably there's no info on the Ceroc Central website, it could be because it's a Jive+ event. :whistle: Oxford isn't even in the Ceroc Central area. :rolleyes: (but i do agree the Ceroc Central website is crap)

David Bailey
13th-June-2006, 09:20 AM
Understandably there's no info on the Ceroc Central website, it could be because it's a Jive+ event. :whistle: Oxford isn't even in the Ceroc Central area.

Oops, sorry - I was getting confused between Oxford and Northampton, an easy mistake to make I'm sure you'll all agree.

So, err, what's this Northampton place like? The Ceroc central info says:

"17 June 2006: northampton saints rugby (rodber suite), northampton"
- and that's it... :rolleyes:

Top Bird
13th-June-2006, 09:33 AM
You don't have to keep rubbing it in that you are down under and really don't give a damn where we may or may not be dancing this weekend - have fun

stewart38
13th-June-2006, 10:45 AM
No option for Chesham on Friday ?

Without Ashtons that’s going to be crowded

Tazmanian Devil
13th-June-2006, 11:30 AM
No option for Chesham on Friday ?

Without Ashtons that’s going to be crowded

opps sorry :blush: I can't remember everything you know :confused: and I was having a bad day :sad:

senorita
13th-June-2006, 11:33 AM
Oops, sorry - I was getting confused between Oxford and Northampton, an easy mistake to make I'm sure you'll all agree.

So, err, what's this Northampton place like? The Ceroc central info says:

"17 June 2006: northampton saints rugby (rodber suite), northampton"
- and that's it... :rolleyes:

I think its a nice venue. lovely floor. Havent been for a while though and when I did go it was a very good night, does get busy though at times :flower:

WittyBird
13th-June-2006, 11:48 AM
I can't remember everything you know :confused: and I was having a bad day :sad:

You and me both!
Need to dance loads this weekend seeing as Monday is operation day :clap:

Northants Girly
13th-June-2006, 12:05 PM
what's this Northampton place like? It's a nice venue - for a weekday class anyway. The freestyles get busy but there's usually room to dance as the floor is quite big. The venue is an odd shape though. It's rectangular and fairly long with chairs/tables at the 2 furthest edges away from each other. The stage is on one side and the bar opposite. So, on freestyle nights the dancers can be split into 2 halves and you can often never bump into someone if they are dancing in the other half of the room!
It does have air-con but sometimes gets hot. Watch out for the pillars in the middle of the dance floor! Plenty of parking. No free water. Usually Rob Ambridge on the decks.

Think thats everything.

Won't be there on Sat though as I've a party to go to :)
- pity as Saints is my nearest venue :(

IainL
13th-June-2006, 03:52 PM
I am organising a car journey from London to Aberdeen (via Edinburgh) return.
I am looking for anyone interested in car sharing and possible co-driving (although this is not essential). I can also pick up from any part on my route.

Essentially, my journey can take the route of either M1/M6 or A1M etc depending on where interested parties live.

I can also provide accommodation details for those interested.

Dancing
Friday evening: Route 66 - Edinburgh
(Info: http://www.route66jive.com)

Saturday evening: Ceroc Scotland - Aberdeen Beach Ballroom
Sunday evening: Ceroc Scotland - Aberdeen
(Info: http://www.cerocscotland.com)

If your interested please contact me ASAP.

Lynn
13th-June-2006, 08:48 PM
Just seen this poll. DavidJames :worthy: :respect:

Now can someone start a poll for the following weekend please? (I already know where I'm going, I just want to click on some boxes!:rolleyes: )

FirstMove
14th-June-2006, 12:07 AM
From Ceroc London:-

SUN 18 JUN Marylebone Summer Fayre
Meeting Location: Marlyebone High Street opposite the entrance to Devonshire Street.
Time: Ceroc street dancing all afternoon with beginner lessons at 12, 2, and 4 with Simon Borland and there will be plenty of room for everyone to dance.

Anyone else doesn't feel like getting river-sick?:flower:

clevedonboy
14th-June-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm DJing on Friday night at a birthday bash & on Saturday we're off to Gloucester to see the Jive Aces - hope they get back from the states

mikeyr
14th-June-2006, 12:07 PM
:clap: :clap: Well my Sat night is sorted. I have just booked my train ticket to Exeter, they got a all night blues party going on down there:waycool: and they got a lot of lovely Lady dancers who are gonna be there :worthy: :worthy: Really looking forward to that.

Sunday, should arrive back in time to chill out on the President if the weather is good thats the place to be:nice:

fletch
14th-June-2006, 03:17 PM
:

Sunday, should arrive back in time to chill out on the President if the weather is good thats the place to be:nice:

:sad:

I love our dances on the President,:hug: have a good one I should be there for the next
:clap:

mikeyr
14th-June-2006, 05:01 PM
:sad:

I love our dances on the President,:hug: have a good one I should be there for the next
:clap:

Its always a special treat to dance with you young lady :worthy: :flower: :flower:

Ickle Chick'n
14th-June-2006, 05:24 PM
:clap: :clap: Well my Sat night is sorted. I have just booked my train ticket to Exeter, they got a all night blues party going on down there:waycool: and they got a lot of lovely Lady dancers who are gonna be there :worthy: :worthy: Really looking forward to that.

:clap: :clap: What a treat for us girlies!:drool:

We''l try get him back to you in one piece Fletch!:devil:

fletch
14th-June-2006, 05:32 PM
:clap: :clap: What a treat for us girlies!:drool:

We''l try get him back to you in one piece Fletch!:devil:

I think he is made of 'strong stuff' :wink:

littlewiggle
16th-June-2006, 10:29 PM
So who's off to Northampton Saturday night then? :whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
18th-June-2006, 02:41 AM
Sorry didn't get many pics from Greenwich tonight :rolleyes:

*calls ESG as he has loads*

Very comfortable night at greenwich Erick played some fab tunes as usual :worthy: Coffe and cookies always a great aspect :drool:

Pics :clap:

Wayaay Bird, Rosie Posie and Me
Erick London and W.esterman (dan in the background)
WB and Roger (non forumite)
WB and Dan
WB, Top Bird and Raphael (hiding)

Other pics here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242762&postcount=1180) and here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242762&postcount=1181) :clap:

Minnie M
18th-June-2006, 07:34 AM
It doesn't look very busy - such a shame as Ceroc Greenwich always put on a good event. I would have been there if it wasn't for this horrible cold/flu I have (ALL WEEK) and am still coughing well :tears:

Is it the heat that has stopped people going out or the TV or family stuff (holidays etc) or is should this be a new thread

PS: Or has everyone gone to Scotland :tears:

Tazmanian Devil
18th-June-2006, 09:52 AM
It doesn't look very busy - such a shame as Ceroc Greenwich always put on a good event. I would have been there if it wasn't for this horrible cold/flu I have (ALL WEEK) and am still coughing well :tears:

Is it the heat that has stopped people going out or the TV or family stuff (holidays etc) or is should this be a new thread

It wasn't very busy, but it was nice like that. It wasn't empty or that less people to make you feel uncomfortable dancing. IMO it was probably just right for the tempreture last night. :clap:

WittyBird
18th-June-2006, 10:38 AM
It wasn't very busy, but it was nice like that. It wasn't empty or that less people to make you feel uncomfortable dancing. IMO it was probably just right for the tempreture last night. :clap:

:yeah: It was a really lovely night :clap: Enough room to dance and some great dancers :worthy:

The Forum Ass took some great pics I can't wait for him to post them :clap:

Forgot to mention I was extremely lucky at the end of the evening to listen to the wonderful Tessalicious and ESG play the piano :worthy: It was a moment I will treasure :respect:

wayaay bird
18th-June-2006, 01:12 PM
:yeah:
I had a brilliant night, started off very quiet but soon picked up.
If only it went on for a bit longer.
I didnt stop dancing all night (apart from when i went to get my tea and cookie) :drool:

Thanks for my dances from ESG, Dan, Raphael, Taz and Rosie Posie :hug:

Cant wait for the next one!

Xxx

Yliander
18th-June-2006, 04:58 PM
Beach Ballroom was a blast!!!! and I've been much prompter about uploading photos this time - you can check them out here (http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=bn23palx.9r2h28j9&Uy=l777b3&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0)

stewart38
18th-June-2006, 10:07 PM

Cheshunt i was told wasnt that busy

They say they had Air conditioning, well if you call two fans in the corner air conditioning :mad:

Biggest sweat bucket ive dance with in a while :sad:

Yliander
19th-June-2006, 05:47 PM
And these are from Sunday Night (http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=bn23palx.9i8z6r91&Uy=b9r0kp&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=689363854068_695762390133)

David Bailey
19th-June-2006, 07:06 PM
Cheshunt i was told wasnt that busy

They say they had Air conditioning, well if you call two fans in the corner air conditioning :mad:

Biggest sweat bucket ive dance with in a while :sad:
Chesham was equally hot - 2 big fans plus open doors.

Face it, unless you've got a venue with real built-in aircon, it's gonna be hot to dance when it's hot outside.

I did a thread about this a year ago - here it is (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5613).

In the London / Home Counties area, I think we have the following:
- Cheshunt (really?)
- Woking
- Dorking
- Luton
- Bow
- Finchley (02 centre)
- Twickenham

Anyone know of any others? Got to be proper aircon, none of this "fans" rubbish...

Tazmanian Devil
21st-June-2006, 10:21 PM
Sorry they are a bit late, I have been a bit pre-occupied of late

Sunday at Mine before the boat

WB getting her forum fix :respect:
QGD Knackered before she's started :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
21st-June-2006, 10:25 PM
HMS President

QGD and WB :waycool:
S38 So pleased to see us :D
Me and QGD x2