PDA

View Full Version : If you could only go to one weekender - which would it be?

Daisy Fox
8th-June-2006, 02:52 PM
Have been toying with the idea of going on a weekender, but am finding it difficult to:
1. Book as a female with the whole gender thing
2. Find someone to have my two kids (not quite the spawn of satan, but closely related!)

It looks like I may be able to go but only to one, so am asking weekender regulars -
If you could only go to one, which would it be?
This would probably be easier as a poll, but I haven't a clue how to start that up or what the options would be.
Hope this hasn't been done before, did a search - but couldn't find it.

HELP:confused: :confused: :confused:
Got the hang of the smiley thing though.

LMC
8th-June-2006, 02:56 PM
If you like the idea of smaller numbers, top quality dancing and being able to find the people you want to dance with - Big Forum Gathering (please please organise one for later next year Franck!)

If bigger is better, then no contest - gotta be Southport! - June is supposedly better than September but I've only been to one of each and had a good time at both - weather is better in June tho', obviously...

Piglet
8th-June-2006, 03:04 PM
If you like the idea of smaller numbers, top quality dancing and being able to find the people you want to dance with - Big Forum Gathering (please please organise one for later next year Franck!)
That's so nice to hear - so thanks for that LMC, I like the BFG lots too!

Great thread Daisy Fox! :hug:

Missy D
8th-June-2006, 03:04 PM
Judging by what everyone is saying I would say Southport June! Have never been but wont miss out EVER again.

If not Southport, I would say Jivetime Camber in May

Piglet
8th-June-2006, 03:06 PM
I can highly recommend the Aberdeen Beach Ballroom weekends too! Especially if there's a teacher booked that you really want to have a lesson with. The Ballroom is such a lovely venue - no other rooms set up for dancing, but usually the music is good with a mix of everything.

Daisy Fox
8th-June-2006, 03:30 PM
Southport June sounds like a plan for next year definitely, and enough time to find a man to book up with.
Cheers

Northants Girly
8th-June-2006, 04:55 PM
Southport or Scarborough :grin:

Northants Girly
8th-June-2006, 04:57 PM
Southport June sounds like a plan for next year definitely, and enough time to find a man to book up with.
CheersIf you book in good time you won't need to find a man - you'll be able to book on your own or with other girls :)

under par
8th-June-2006, 05:17 PM
If you book in good time you won't need to find a man - you'll be able to book on your own or with other girls :)

Please note a booking form is now available for Southport Feb 2007 now for you forum ladies to get in and book early before the gender balance kicks in.

details on this thread

Whose planning to go to Southport 2nd - 5th February 2007

Rhythm King
8th-June-2006, 06:21 PM
If you'd prefer a more intimate and chilled weekender, based in a hotel, try Rock Bottoms.

Daisy Fox
9th-June-2006, 09:30 AM
If you book in good time you won't need to find a man - you'll be able to book on your own or with other girls :)

Great advice, thank you Northants Girly. Looking forward to it already.

Daisy.
Another Northants Girly :nice:

Top Bird
9th-June-2006, 12:04 PM
First time for Southport for me and I am absolutely hooked - best weekender I have been on and am definitely, definitely going next June. :clap: :clap: :clap: Seriously debating on September, just waiting for a male friend to confirm if they want to go so that the booking form can go in.

Sheepman
9th-June-2006, 12:37 PM
Why limit it to a weekender? If you did Beach Boogie you can take the children too, then leave them in the capable hands of the team who will keep them entertained for most of hte week, while you do your own thing.

And if you fancy trying WCS, but are too far away from any regular classes, then this year it has to be your best opportunity to get top instruction and get fully immersed in the dance.

Hmm, why is it I'm not going this year? :sad:

Daisy Fox
9th-June-2006, 01:03 PM
Why limit it to a weekender? If you did Beach Boogie you can take the children too, then leave them in the capable hands of the team who will keep them entertained for most of hte week, while you do your own thing.

And if you fancy trying WCS, but are too far away from any regular classes, then this year it has to be your best opportunity to get top instruction and get fully immersed in the dance.

Must look into that, was tempted by the whole getting away from the kids thing, but Beach Boogie sounds Good.
Although is there really any point if you're not going !!:nice:

jiveaddicted
9th-June-2006, 02:31 PM
it has to be southport ive been to the last 3 and they just get better and better the atmosphere is fantastic and everybody there loves to dance you wouldnt be dissapointed.

MartinHarper
9th-June-2006, 02:58 PM
Probably Jumping at the Woodside, just because it's so convenient for me. Ignoring location, probably a Rock Bottoms weekender. I like my luxuries, so hotels beat out hi-de-hi events.

under par
9th-June-2006, 06:40 PM
..S

.........................O

........................................U

.................................................. . T

.................................................. .............H

.................................................. P

.....................................O

....................R

..........T

Heather
10th-June-2006, 06:52 PM
Although I really liked Southport , I am someone who really likes her comfort- I don't go for the 'Prisoner Cell Block H' cardboard walled type chalets - so it would have to be the luxury 4* hotel weekender for me !!:wink:
So if I could only choose one weekender it would be the Dance Fever weekenders for me - added bonus not having to travel too far.

:hug:

Heather

x

Lynn
11th-June-2006, 12:13 AM
Southport for me.

(I don't mind the accomodation, I don't spend that much time in it anyway). Perhaps the fact that Southport was my first weekender and I've now been to 5, each one successively better in some way, has something to do with it!

foxylady
11th-June-2006, 12:25 AM
Southport for me.

(I don't mind the accomodation, I don't spend that much time in it anyway). Perhaps the fact that Southport was my first weekender and I've now been to 5, each one successively better in some way, has something to do with it!

Ditto - almost

Only been to three southports, but have loved every one. Went to one camber and vowed never would I set foot in such poor accomodation again (5* all the way darlings), but for the experience that is southport I'd put up with anything !!

Foxy

Little Monkey
11th-June-2006, 04:58 PM

Methinks we'll have to go next year......:hug:

Wish we could do it this year, though! But not enough time or money for me, unfortunately! :(

But if it's a regular residential weekender you're after, I'd go to Southport anytime. Been three times, and going again in September!