PDA

View Full Version : Have a nice sabbatical Nina

Dance Demon
7th-June-2006, 02:00 PM
Johnah announced after the cabarets at Southport on Saturday night, that Nina is taking a year out to do a bit of travelling, and all the non-dance things that she likes to do but never has time. Was a very nice moment followed by a jam dance with Nina dancing with as many guys as possible. There was also a lovely moment in the Blues room later on when peter Phillips was DJing, with Peter saying that Nigel & Nina were pretty much the instigators of blues rooms at weekenders, followed by some great dances for Nina with Nigel, Victor, and others. So I'd just like to wish Nina a good year out, and hope she gets to do all the things she wants to, then comes back in a years time refreshed and ready to go. We'll all miss her and Southport won't be the same without her:hug:

Gojive
7th-June-2006, 03:12 PM
Johnah announced after the cabarets at Southport on Saturday night, that Nina is taking a year out to do a bit of travelling, and all the non-dance things that she likes to do but never has time. Was a very nice moment followed by a jam dance with Nina dancing with as many guys as possible. There was also a lovely moment in the Blues room later on when peter Phillips was DJing, with Peter saying that Nigel & Nina were pretty much the instigators of blues rooms at weekenders, followed by some great dances for Nina with Nigel, Victor, and others. So I'd just like to wish Nina a good year out, and hope she gets to do all the things she wants to, then comes back in a years time refreshed and ready to go. We'll all miss her and Southport won't be the same without her:hug:

:yeah: :yeah:

Part of me wishes Nina a "Bon Voyage", and another part wishes she'd change her mind - purely because I've never had the courage and opportunity simoultaneously, to ask her for a dance. Oh how I rue those wasted moments, now I have to wait at least a year! :tears: :tears:

Dan Hudson
7th-June-2006, 04:36 PM

Part of me wishes Nina a "Bon Voyage", and another part wishes she'd change her mind - purely because I've never had the courage and opportunity simoultaneously, to ask her for a dance. Oh how I rue those wasted moments, now I have to wait at least a year! :tears: :tears:
:yeah: :yeah: me too... oh to be brave:tears: :tears:

marty_baby
7th-June-2006, 04:58 PM
I hope Nina has a fab time travelling the world! :na:

Any distant dance hall she may breeze into, on her travels, will be in for a treat. She is an amazing dancer, and is brilliant to dance with! :respect:

....hhhm... wonder if we will see new influences and inspirations when she gets back....

Safe Journey.... and a rollicking good walkabout Nina! :hug:

Sheepman
7th-June-2006, 06:36 PM
Nina is taking a year out to do a bit of travelling,
I didn't hear about the sabbatical until well after I'd grabbed Nina during that jam. So I'll just have to let those 30 seconds of dance live on in memory. I know there are other threads eulogising about Nigel & Nina, and what they have done for the dance scene, so I won't go on, but for those guys that think she is scary, it's not true! :what: I reckon it's just Nigel's ruse to make sure he gets lots of dances with her! :whistle:

Greg

Mary
7th-June-2006, 11:18 PM
Yay, Nina, have a great time. It's good to have a break.

Not many people have seen Nina dance as a leader, but I have had the privelige of dancing with her as a follower. Apart from being scared has hell, it was great fun - as she said, at least I know she's going to hit all the breaks. Guys, I now know how scary but fantastic dancing with can Nina be. :worthy: :worthy:

Nina, if you see this, have a great time and all good wishes go with you. :flower:

M

Lounge Lizard
8th-June-2006, 12:20 AM
have a fantastic time Nina, you will be missed but did I hear that you maybe visiting some dance venues on your tour of the M25 (or was it the UK)
I said it on the night and say it now
When it comes to dancing you really are the First Lady of the Blues
Peter

Clive Long
8th-June-2006, 12:31 AM

Well , I am a very ordinary MJ dancer and I thought well I won't get a chance to dance with Nina so go for it. :smug icon: Not only was she lovely to dance with, she didn't make me feel she was "coming down" to my level of dancing. We also had a little chat about her plans for her trip - and blow me, she is an ordinary person like the rest of us. I hope she has a great time.

Clive

ElaineB
8th-June-2006, 07:28 AM
Lucky, lucky Lady!!!

I once took a year out to work with horses and gain my exams and it was one of the best things I ever did. Go for it Nina!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

We will miss you though!

Elaine and Simon
xx

Donna
9th-June-2006, 12:37 PM
Have a fab time Nina! :clap:

Bet you'll have withdrawl symptoms! :grin:

All the best!

Donna. x:hug:

The Passion Harem
9th-June-2006, 12:57 PM
I have enjoyed our dances the past year :awe:

I will miss you. You have the most playful eyes and cheeky smile that made dancing with you such a pleasure.

Thank you for the farewell dance at Southport.

:hug:

Donna
9th-June-2006, 03:23 PM
I have enjoyed our dances the past year :awe:

I will miss you. You have the most playful eyes and cheeky smile that made dancing with you such a pleasure.

Thank you for the farewell dance at Southport.

:hug:

Awwwww :tears: Quick! Somebody pass the tissues!:awe:

DianaS
9th-June-2006, 03:39 PM
Sorry Nina
but I don't believe for a moment that your going. It just won't be the same.Unless ofcourse your just going on to better things in which case I'm definately up for the journey and if you ever want to crash at mine - drop me a line.
Cas you're the best
D