PDA

View Full Version : Selling non-drink things at MJ dance venues?

David Bailey
6th-June-2006, 03:21 PM
Inspired by myself (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=238117#post238117) (!), I wondered what things you'd like to see sold / advertised at dance venues (apart from drink and more dance venues)?

Daisy Fox
6th-June-2006, 04:26 PM
Plasters, nail files, athlete foot spray, safety pins, antiseptic cream, hairspray, and nurofen (or any other ibuprofen based product).

All the above - in case of emergencies (just on a good night - of course)
:rofl:

TiggsTours
6th-June-2006, 04:27 PM
Inspired by myself (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=238117#post238117) (!), I wondered what things you'd like to see sold / advertised at dance venues (apart from drink and more dance venues)?
Hmm, for me I'd like to see on sale:

Shoes
Some clothes, maybe
Deodorant
Mints
Massages, especially feet!

and advertised I'd like to see:

Local dances
Dance weekenders
Shoes & clothes retailers for dancers
Sports therapy clinics
Healthy living paraphanelia

That's it really. I definately really like to see mints and deodorant available at dance venues, especially now its getting warmer!

Dizzy
6th-June-2006, 04:27 PM
handtowel, hairbrush, chewing gum.......

Donna
6th-June-2006, 04:29 PM
Lucy Locketts website... check out the dance clothes.... wow! :clap:

Your wife
9th-June-2006, 01:57 PM
Anyone up for sparkly jewellery?

Missy D
9th-June-2006, 02:37 PM
Hmm, for me I'd like to see on sale:

Shoes
Some clothes, maybe
Deodorant
Mints
Massages, especially feet!

and advertised I'd like to see:

Local dances
Dance weekenders
Shoes & clothes retailers for dancers
Sports therapy clinics
Healthy living paraphanelia

That's it really. I definately really like to see mints and deodorant available at dance venues, especially now its getting warmer!

:yeah: totally agree with TT:clap:

Also I would like to have free water especially in this heat - I dont mind if they put the entry fee up as long as i dont have to queue up for 20 minutes for a bottle of water costing £1.50

Another thing painkillers! I so often get headaches after being thrown around at venues and guess dehydration is the biggest cause.

mrs_warwick
9th-June-2006, 02:50 PM
Also I would like to have free water especially in this heat - I dont mind if they put the entry fee up as long as i dont have to queue up for 20 minutes for a bottle of water costing £1.50

When I used to dance in Woking (2000-2001, Rebel Roc) there were always jugs of iced water available; well jugs of water anyway, there never seemed to be enough ice. Here in Leicester we get charged 20p for the first glass of water, then it's free as long as you bring your glass back. Tap water,of course. I don't know what they charge for bottled.

Twirly
9th-June-2006, 03:00 PM
When I used to dance in Woking (2000-2001, Rebel Roc) there were always jugs of iced water available; well jugs of water anyway, there never seemed to be enough ice. Here in Leicester we get charged 20p for the first glass of water, then it's free as long as you bring your glass back. Tap water,of course. I don't know what they charge for bottled.

There was free water available at the Clapham Grand till about a year ago, then they started charging 50p (for the plastic "glass") and the refills are free. Same at Wessex House. We were told it's because the venue doesn't make enough money selling booze... Trouble is, everyone's "glass" looks the same and they get nicked all the time :sad:

Am wondering just how hot I'm going to get dancing tonight... could do with my own personal man with a fan to cool me down after each dance :wink:

David Bailey
9th-June-2006, 04:11 PM
Just thought of something else - dance books. Hmmm, that's probably just me...

Yeah, licensed venues are always a pain aren't they? I also would happily pay an extra quid or two for free water.

Little Monkey
11th-June-2006, 06:11 PM
I also would happily pay an extra quid or two for free water.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry, laughing too much to think of anything else to say at the moment!