PDA

View Full Version : Brechin Pageant

Birlmeister
4th-June-2006, 03:47 PM
A First for Brechin.

Forget dancing in the street, try dancing on a bogie being pulled by a tractor .

I will admit that it did present a challenge at the beginning, but once the tractor got going it became great fun. Fortunately, the weather was kind and the people were out in their thousands to cheer us along the route.

Thanks Lorna for organising it, I hope that you get a great response to boost the numbers at what is already a great venue and thanks to everyone who took part.

:respect:

Lorna
4th-June-2006, 08:13 PM
Ah,

you got in before me. :grin:

What a brilliant day I had. Thank you to all who turned up to help. :clap:

We should have won a prize for the loudest float or perhaps the bravest float. It was such good fun!! The guys in Brechin now want to get a committee together to do this properly every year. :what:

Big thank you to Gavin who drove the tractor for us and Alan and his family, most of whom come along on a friday night, for providing the cart for us. Would also like to thank the dancers and leaflet droppers. Huge thank you. :flower:

Lotsa love lorna x-x

pmjd
4th-June-2006, 08:16 PM
dancing on a bogie being pulled by a tractor

Sounds like quite a challenge indeed but well done to everyone involved:respect:

Wasn't there myself, did anyone manage to get any photos of this new mobile Ceroc venue:wink:?

Lorna
4th-June-2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah I have a couple. Not great. But if I get a chance later, or to be honest if my hubby gets a chance, we will post them for all to see.

Lxx

Piglet
4th-June-2006, 09:50 PM
Sounds good Lorna!

What about doing the Torcher parade next year too?

I hope you manage to get lots more people interested - I bet they're certainly curious. How many of you were dancing on the float?

Lorna
4th-June-2006, 10:16 PM
It was a last minute thing. Only decided 2 weeks ago to go for it and there were no lorries left so we had to make do with a small metal cart.

Just enough room for 3 couples dancing, 1 person at each side throwing out sweeties and the sound system. The other 3 couples were walking alongside the float amongst the crowds handing out leaflets.

Great fun!!
Lxx