PDA

View Full Version : Grease

Chicklet
31st-March-2003, 07:29 PM
Right, I have GOT to go very soon so want to start something that could get amusing overnight........

following on from the band idea - if the lovely forum members were going to put on Grease - who will y'all nominate for what part and WHY.

Look forward to hearing
Cx

Graham
31st-March-2003, 07:38 PM
For those of us who only saw it when the movie was originally released, perhaps you could provide a recap of the available parts?

TheTramp
31st-March-2003, 07:48 PM
Danny Zuka - John Travolta
Sandy Olsson - Olivia Newton-John
Rizzo - Stockard Channing
Kenickie - Jeff Conaway
Doody - Barry Pearl
Frenchy - Didi Conn
Principle McGee - Eve Arden
Teen Angel - Frankie Avalon
Coach Calhoun - Sid Caesar

Will that do you Graham? That's the main parts.

And I'd like to nominate Wendy as Frenchy.....

Steve

TheTramp
31st-March-2003, 07:50 PM
Damn. I've gone all nostalgic now, and started to download the movie! :D

Steve

Wendy
31st-March-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Kenickie - Jeff Conaway
Doody - Barry Pearl
Frenchy - Didi Conn

I don't remember Frenchy ... ugly loudmouth one maybe ??? What about Stockard Channing 's part cos she gets to be the First Lady when she grows up :D

Wx

TheTramp
31st-March-2003, 11:44 PM
Frenchy was the one who wanted to drop out of school and open up a beauty parlour.

Steve

Wendy
1st-April-2003, 12:10 AM
Frenchy was the one who wanted to drop out of school and open up a beauty parlour.

Steve

Whatever - loud and ugly right ???
:tears: :tears: :tears:

Anyway... Franck has to be Danny and Lisa would be great as Sandy. Although Dave H would be good too.... as Danny of course !!! Fran would be good as Sandy but people would just think I chose her so I could dance with Bill while she was rehearsing :wink:

Wxxxxxx

Chicklet
1st-April-2003, 07:51 AM
Kenickie - Jeff Conaway
Doody - Barry Pearl
Frenchy - Didi Conn

Will that do you Graham? That's the main parts.

Steve

Don't forget ChaCha De Gregorio "the best dancer at St Bernadettes"!!!!!!!!!

Graham
1st-April-2003, 11:47 PM
This didn't seem to capture the collective imagination after all, Chicklet. I notice that, of the nominations which were made, nobody actually gave a reason.

Chicklet
2nd-April-2003, 09:04 AM
can't blame a girl for trying, ah well.:tears:

Dancing Veela
2nd-April-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Wendy
I don't remember Frenchy ... ugly loudmouth one maybe ??? What about Stockard Channing 's part cos she gets to be the First Lady when she grows up :D

Wx

You can't be Rizzo Wendy - I WANT to be Rizzo!!!!!

Graham
2nd-April-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela
You can't be Rizzo Wendy - I WANT to be Rizzo!!!!! Good call DV! The one that introduces Sandy to the naughtier side of life. I couldn't think of anyone for that part, but thinking back on your past postings I think you'd be great! :wink:

Wendy
2nd-April-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Good call DV! The one that introduces Sandy to the naughtier side of life. I couldn't think of anyone for that part, but thinking back on your past postings I think you'd be great! :wink:

Yep. Fair play. I'd never be able to pull that off !!! I'll just have to be Frenchy then .....

Wx

Twinkle Toes
2nd-April-2003, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wendy
Yep. Fair play. I'd never be able to pull that off !!! I'll just have to be Frenchy then .....

Wx

If I remember rightly, Frenchy was attractive with dark, wavy shoulder length hair. She was "one of the girls", but also quite naive.
Tended to follow, rather than lead ... so if it's true what they say Wendy, (not that I would know) this is probably the only thing you would have trouble with !:wink: :wink:

TheTramp
2nd-April-2003, 12:12 PM
Can I be Sandy then? I'm sure that it'd be very interesting to have DV corrupt me! :D :devil:

Steve

Twinkle Toes
2nd-April-2003, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheTramp
Can I be Sandy then? I'm sure that it'd be very interesting to have DV corrupt me! :D :devil:

Steve

:really:
Steve, you already know that's impossible .... done a long time ago I believe !!:wink: :wink:

Chicklet
2nd-April-2003, 12:23 PM

Steve

if you were, who would you want for Danny?????????????

Twinkle Toes
2nd-April-2003, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chicklet
if you were, who would you want for Danny?????????????

Sounds like he wants to be abused by DV (Dancing Veela) :wink:

Graham
2nd-April-2003, 12:30 PM

Steve

Olivia Newton John had to be sewn into those leather trousers in the "You're the one that I want" number. I'm sure it would be very interesting to see you in that outfit!

TheTramp
2nd-April-2003, 01:06 PM
Okie. In answer to all the above.... :D

Twinkle Toes: It's not true. It wasn't done a long time ago, and I'm still totally sweet and innocent. Never been kissed. Honest :rolleyes:

Chicklet: If I'm going to be Sandy, I don't see any reason why Lisa can't be Danny.

Twinkle Toes: Wouldn't anyone? :devil:

Graham: I'm not sure interesting is the right word. Maybe vomit-inducing would be closer :what:

Steve

Wendy
2nd-April-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes

She was quite naive...

Yeh. That's me alright ....

Originally posted by Twinkle Toes
Tended to follow, rather than lead ...

Yeh, definitely me....:tears: :tears: :tears:

And who does this Frenchy get to dance with then...I mean there must be a cabaret routine at the end, right ?? (Haven't seen the film - just losts of clips)

Wx: