PDA

View Full Version : Who is not going to Southport

Missy D
30th-May-2006, 05:28 PM
Who like me is NOT going to Southport:sad: :tears: :sad:

And what are your plans for this weekend?

jacksondonut
30th-May-2006, 05:32 PM
Im not going.... :tears: :tears:

no plans, just gonna be sad and miserable and sulk a lot....:sad: :sad:

alternatively, find some other fun things to do....:wink: :whistle: :whistle:

playing hopscotch... and other hopping pastimes with my good leg...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Freya
30th-May-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm not going! Am planning a nice Quiet weekend for once!!!!! :clap:

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 05:43 PM
Taz isnt going either

I am taking my laptop and webcam and will do some live streaming

honest I will cos I can be bothered to set it up really

cheeks
30th-May-2006, 05:44 PM
Me I'm not going ......:sad:

Weekend plans .....no such luck I will spend weekend painting ceilings,:sad: and packing so some men can come and trash:angry: the place on Monday as re-wiring starts...................................I'm scared.....:eek:

I suppose on the brighter side of things once it is all completed I can finish re-furbishing house then I will be able to save money and go on another dance weekend.....:clap: :flower:

Georgious dancer
30th-May-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm not going either! :sad:

At least there will still be some people on the forum for me to play with!:clap:

Lory
30th-May-2006, 08:02 PM
I am taking my laptop and webcam and will do some live streaming

I was with my sister this weekend and we were chatting about weekenders, she used to go to quite a few clubbing and old skool one's. Anyway, she had my in stitches, recalling how the organisers used to do 'chaletcam', which involved several 'P' taking guy's, with a camcorder, gate crashing random chalets and this would be 'live streamed' to all the TV sets within the site.:what: :D

She said the things they used to find were unreal! :eek: :whistle: :rofl:

I suspect they used the same system that Ceroc did with the classes at Storm.

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 08:11 PM
She said the things they used to find were unreal! :eek: :whistle: :rofl:

*starts unpacking certain items* :rofl:

Heather
30th-May-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm not going either. Might go dancing in Brechin on Friday , Saturday night probably go to the cinema - who knows!
I'm saving hard for my holiday in Oz in July!

:hug:
Heather

spindr
30th-May-2006, 10:55 PM
Vague possibility might venture to Twyford on Saturday -- the tea's always great and the music's reasonable :)

SpinDr

Caro
30th-May-2006, 11:12 PM
not going either :sad: :tears:
I'll be working instead; flying offshore on saturday morning...

CJ
31st-May-2006, 01:50 AM
Going to see Journey on Fri.
Working Dublin Sat.
Hmmm.... Sun..:confused:

Rebecca
31st-May-2006, 09:26 AM
Any lady not going but wanting to get a last minute ticket my friend has a spare female ticket. PM me for details and I'll pass on telephone details.

Almost an Angel
31st-May-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm not going :tears: :tears:
Despite there being lots of WCS people heading there.
My arm will just not hold up for a weekender - all it needs is one inconsiderate partner and I'll be resigned to dancing left handed again!
It tolerates an evenings dancing - and lets me know the next day if I did too much (which happens a bit more often than I would like). :(
I missed Blackpool, Storm and Camber too!!! Not fair!!!

I'll probably head to WCS at Esher on Friday might be tempted to head up to BFFF afterwards, and I'll possibily put in an appearance at Woking on Saturday although - I have been invited to go away for the weekend (non dancing one) so might do that.

Angel xx

Gadget
31st-May-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm not going - not really a surprise since I rarely get let off the leash further than Aberdeen :rolleyes:
I'm sure that there is a birthday party I'm meant to be attending this weekend... or it may be one of the kids pals... :confused:

Other than that; cutting the grass, plastering a wall, tidying after the kids, making a papermache chinese dragon head, fixing the car, washing the car, tidying the garage (HA!) as well as the list of stuff I'm sure I'll get handed on saturday :sigh:
...What I'll probably do is sneak out with the kids and go to the beach :D:clap:

Baruch
31st-May-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm not going to Southport either, though as I've never been there it's not as if I'll really miss it.

Going to Jive Magic in Cardiff on Friday (Danny & jodie from last year's Strictly Dance Fever are doing a showcase) and, depending how I feel, may go dancing in Bristol on Saturday - or possibly, if the weather is good, might just drive over to Cardigan Bay for the day and do the beach/ice cream/dolphin watching thing.

jockey
31st-May-2006, 10:35 PM
I cannot make because of work. Instead I will be going to Jag Jive in Bookham, Surrey (if i can get John on the phone and get a ticket!).

jive_me
31st-May-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm not going either.

I had a ticket...many months ago...but had to cancel due to a friend pulling out. Complicated. I regret it now :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

So this weekend I'll be checking out the freestyle at my home club on Saturday and then I'm teaching on Sunday.

Fingers crossed for next year :flower:

xXx

TiggsTours
1st-June-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm not going, and I'm not in the least bit disappointed!

Friday night - Hipsters - With so many people being at Southport there will be plenty of space on the floor, and more than enough fabulous boys to play with, so it will be a fantastic night, just like last month which clashed with Camber! :drool:

Saturday - WJMS - When Jive Met Swing in Welwyn, always an excellent day, good teachers, good dancers, lots of space, very social, great dance in the evening to fab tunes! :D

Sunday - I've got my Race for Life in Richmond in the afternoon, :eek: followed by Asif's annual fantastic picnic in the park in St Albans, weather report is good, and we always have an excellent turn out for an afternoon of relaxing with friends, eating nice food and playing stupid games. :cheers:

Can't wait for the weekend to begin! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Donna
1st-June-2006, 12:00 PM
Doesn't look like we're going either! :tears: Oh well, guess we'll be dancing in Manchester instead. (Ceroc Hyde! :clap: ) Blues room there too! :drool:

senorita
1st-June-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm not going either :nice:

Friday-Kettering
Saturday-walking all day enjoying the sunshine and heatwave, cinema in the evening, meal & then into town for a few fruit drinks.
Sunday-sleep, rest, walk, spa/jacuzzi, X box & playstation, cook, eat and watch DVD'S.

Donna
1st-June-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm not going either :nice:

Friday-Kettering
Saturday-walking all day enjoying the sunshine and heatwave, cinema in the evening
Sunday-sleep, rest, walk, spa/jacuzzi, X box & playstation, cook, eat and watch DVD'S.

We have a heat wave Saturday? wey hey! :clap:

KatieR
1st-June-2006, 02:27 PM
Its a bl**dy long drive.

Mich Mosh
1st-June-2006, 03:33 PM
Doesn't look like we're going either! :tears: Oh well, guess we'll be dancing in Manchester instead. (Ceroc Hyde! :clap: ) Blues room there too! :drool:

Boo Hoo Due to Southport................there is no Blues Room this Saturday!!!!

See you their! At least it will be nice and quiet !

Mich:rolleyes:

spindr
2nd-June-2006, 01:25 AM
Vague possibility might venture to Twyford on Saturday -- the tea's always great and the music's reasonable :)
Ok, so it appears I'm a week premature :eek:

My only excuse was that I checked on Lynda's list -- and not on the CerocTV website.

SpinDr

Minnie M
2nd-June-2006, 08:02 AM
Ok, so it appears I'm a week premature :eek:

My only excuse was that I checked on Lynda's list -- and not on the CerocTV website.

SpinDr

whoops - sorry, it is correct now :blush: (got the draft copy on the web before it was proof read to save time :eek:)

Baruch
3rd-June-2006, 12:54 AM
Going to Jive Magic in Cardiff on Friday (Danny & jodie from last year's Strictly Dance Fever are doing a showcase)
....Or they would have been, if they had actually bothered to show up!

At around 10 pm an announcement was made that they weren't there yet, and that they hadn't phoned, the organisers had left message after message on their voicemail, so presumed they were running late. About half an hour after that they started giving refunds.

Jon (JiveMagic) works hard to put these things together, and for him to be let down like that was pretty bad, IMO.

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-June-2006, 08:31 AM
Who's up for Ashtons on Sunday afternoon?

wayaay bird
3rd-June-2006, 11:56 AM
Who's up for Ashtons on Sunday afternoon?

Yeh i might go.. will be very quiet there though.

Piglet
3rd-June-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm not in Southport either, but can't wait to hear all about it from the Aberdonians that have gone.

I had nothing planned for the weekend til I got a phone call this morning. Tonight I'm with my man :D

Heather I hope you have a lovely holiday in Australia - you going to try any of the dancing when you're over there?

CJ - you went to see Journey! THE Journey from about 20 years ago, Californian band - sang "Don't Stop Believing" and goodness knows what else? Or is it a different Journey?? Are you in Scotland or LA? You've got me curious now.

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-June-2006, 04:54 PM
Yeh i might go.. will be very quiet there though.But quality, I'm sure.

Tazmanian Devil
3rd-June-2006, 10:55 PM
Only just noticed this thread :eek:

I stayed in Last night and watched Peter Kay on DVD :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tonight I done a dance for Cancer Research, There was 4 couples and we danced 2 Tracks. It all went really well and hopefully we will get some more beginners out of it :clap: :clap:

Tomorrow Unfortunately I am WORKING :sad: Elton John is doing a Gig at Charlton Athletic so I have to go in and manage my kiosks :sad: So NO dancing for me :sad: :sad:

I hope you all have fun at Ashtons though :hug: :hug:

Missy D
4th-June-2006, 12:04 AM
Friday I stayed in and had an early night (really needed one).Alone!!

Saturday -Painted ceiling, did a little sunbathing. Went to my bosses house for a Franchise dinner in the evening where they served massive crustations crab and red woodlouse better known as lobster. followed by rubarb. Never eaten anything like that before and am not in a hurry to do it again. I hit a crab leg with the hammer and it flew off and nearly blinded my bosses husband. I stink of under the sea now:sad: Had a trail of cats following me home.

Sunday - tomorrow! i will spend it with my sister and the kids!

jive_me
4th-June-2006, 12:12 AM
I spent Friday out with friends for the best ice cream ever :respect:

Today (or is it yesterday by now?) I worked till 2 then came home and got myself some impressive sunburn from falling asleep in the garden (I know I know, stupid) and danced :clap:

Tomorrow I plan on sleeping before going to teach...then sleeping some more. I feel like someone's zapped all my energy...so maybe it's a good thing I'm not at Southport :rolleyes:

xXx

Tazmanian Devil
4th-June-2006, 12:22 AM
Went to my bosses house for a Franchise dinner in the evening where they served massive crustations crab and red woodlouse better known as lobster. followed by rubarb. Never eaten anything like that before and am not in a hurry to do it again. I hit a crab leg with the hammer and it flew off and nearly blinded my bosses husband. I stink of under the sea now:sad: Had a trail of cats following me home.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is soo funny LMFAO

Missy D
4th-June-2006, 09:42 AM

That is soo funny LMFAO

The funny thing is that I take a friend to the next do- will let you know the date Taz:rofl: :rofl:

Heather
4th-June-2006, 11:26 AM
Heather I hope you have a lovely holiday in Australia - you going to try any of the dancing when you're over there?

:rofl: :rofl:
What kind of a question is that?:rofl: I'm staying with David Chu!!!!

David has arranged a dancing schedule for me :

" Monday -LeBop - Ashburton
Tuesday -LeBop -Brighton
Wednesday- LeBop - The Space
Thursday - Ceroc- Melbourne
Weekend dances and workshops "

I think I will be doing a wee bit of dancing!:rofl:

He's also planning a sightseeing schedule for the daytime too, in particular a visit to an 'English teahouse in the Dandenongs called Miss Marple's:wink: ( anyone from the Forum remember her!!!:whistle: )
Only 5 weeks to go.........:clap:

:hug:
Heather

Piglet
4th-June-2006, 01:08 PM
Great news Heather! Dance your socks off!

I went to see "X-Men: The Final Stand" last night.

Enjoyed it, but not many people know to sit through all the credits for the last bit of the film. To be honest though, me and my man couldn't believe we sat through eons of credits to see the little snippet we saw, so you're not missing much if you leave before seeing it.

Georgious dancer
4th-June-2006, 05:10 PM
Ok, No Southport for me but my weekend has turned out better than I thought! The only downside being that I didn't get to see my gorgeous man!:sad:

Friday night, I treated my brother and I to chinese and we sat and watched nearly the whole series of Firefly:clap: - I love that show why did they have to stop at one series:tears:

Saturday day - I got extremely bored, threw a hissy fit coz everyone was watching the football (I hate football), went to sleep for half hour and woke up in a much better mood!

Saturday eve - Went to a charity event with some of the guys from Ceroc Greenwich and then ran up my phonebill on the phone to gorgeous man!

Sunday day - Went shopping for Dad's b'day present - came home without dad's bday present but lots of nice things for myself!:rofl:

Sunday eve - Hopefully going out with some friends that I haven't seen for absolutely ages!

Caro
4th-June-2006, 07:17 PM
lucky those who've been dancing this week-end...
I had to work and go offshore, starting at 6.00 saturday morning :eek: to get the chopper to the middle of the north sea... and it's been a busy week-end so far, the closest I've come to dancing was when I split my trousers!!! :eek: Thanks god I had my coveralls on and when I realised - in the locker (changing) room - that there was a bit too much air passing to my cheeks, there was just one guy around... quickly grabed my jacket and tied it around my waist :blush: then ran to the cabin to get another pair of jeans!!!

I'm glad we do have internet connection though, and can check on the forum from time to time, feel less lonely out there!

Did manage to watch strictly dance fever on saturday evening :drool: , that was great (clearly the highlight of the week-end!).

oh well... better get back to work now... trying not to think about all the people dancing their socks off in southport :tears:

Lorna
4th-June-2006, 08:27 PM
Hi,

I had a hectic weekend as usual.

Friday night - Teaching and DJing my ceroc night in Brechin.

Sat morning - decorating the ceroc float for the Brechin Pageant and getting a wee ride in the tractor that was pulling us. (first time in a tractor. Fab!)

Sat afternoon - dancing ceroc on a cart being driven through the streets of Brechin by a tractor. Brilliant experience. Exposing the entire community of Brechin to Ceroc. :grin:

Sat evening - I hosted a Body Shop Party. This was a lovely evening. As the host I got to buy £60 worth of products for only £15. :clap:

Sun - took eldest daughter to her swimming lesson in Montrose. Hubby made steak pie and now I'm on here when I should be doing paperwork. :innocent:

Lxx

El Salsero Gringo
4th-June-2006, 09:32 PM
But quality, I'm sure.As expected, a cracking afternoon at Ashtons. I loved the music - all of it - and had some really cool dances on what must be one of the best floors in London.

Many thanks to Wayaay Bird (who can spin better than anyone I can think of at the moment) and Cathy (not on the Forum as far as I know) for being such fun company - if you weren't there, you missed out.

wayaay bird
4th-June-2006, 09:57 PM
As expected, a cracking afternoon at Ashtons. I loved the music - all of it - and had some really cool dances on what must be one of the best floors in London.

Many thanks to Wayaay Bird (who can spin better than anyone I can think of at the moment) and Cathy (not on the Forum as far as I know) for being such fun company - if you weren't there, you missed out.

Thank you :hug: :flower:
Enjoyed all our dances especially the cha cha, dont think we looked bad at all :yum:

Had a brilliant afternoon, lots of space to dance and lots of yummy cakes :drool: I only had one.. honest :whistle:

Xxx

Tazmanian Devil
5th-June-2006, 12:06 AM
The funny thing is that I take a friend to the next do- will let you know the date Taz:rofl: :rofl:

Hmm I think I am busy that day sorry hun :innocent:

Elton John gig today was fantasic!!!! Bluddy hard work mind have been on my feet all day and have only just got home :sad: But hey it was worth it. I even managed to have a dance with my lovely friend Amy (non-forumite) outside my Kiosk :clap: :clap: There was 21'000 people in and the ground looked amazing I took a couple of video's on my phone so I can wind me mum up too (she likes Elton John) :rofl:

senorita
5th-June-2006, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=Caro]so far, the closest I've come to dancing was when I split my trousers!!! :eek: Thanks god I had my coveralls on and when I realised - in the locker (changing) room - that there was a bit too much air passing to my cheeks, there was just one guy around... quickly grabed my jacket and tied it around my waist :blush: then ran to the cabin to get another pair of jeans!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thats tooo funny!! :D :rofl:

CJ
5th-June-2006, 10:13 AM
Caro, thank you for sharing.:flower:
Does splitting your trousers happen often at dancing, too?!?

Yes, I went to see THE Journey. VERY good:
Who's Crying Now
Don't Stop Believing
Faithfully
and an incredibly emotional "Oh, Mother, Father" were the highlights.:respect:

Sun?!? Well, I spent the evening watching my stuff being thrown onto the front lawn of my old house.:rolleyes: I thought it only happened in films!!:rofl: But no, :sick: , in real life too...:o

dee
5th-June-2006, 11:29 AM
I had a great weekend. On saturday i did my first Gymkhana on my race horse, she was a total nightmare :sick: she was cantering sideways, and getting very excited, this was the first one she did for four years and was supprised to have got one rosette :clap: we have another one in july so i will have to practice lots.

Sunday my lovely sister came over and we sat in my garden with a nice shandy while the kids took themselves to the local pool. I am so sun burnt :sick: so any offers to rub after sun in for me?

Freya
5th-June-2006, 11:38 AM
I had a great weekend. On saturday i did my first Gymkhana on my race horse, she was a total nightmare :sick: she was cantering sideways, and getting very excited, this was the first one she did for four years and was supprised to have got one rosette :clap: we have another one in july so i will have to practice lots. Congratulations Hun :clap: :hug:

Sunday my lovely sister came over and we sat in my garden with a nice shandy while the kids took themselves to the local pool. I am so sun burnt :sick: so any offers to rub after sun in for me?
Wrong thread....I'm sure Ghost would do the Honours :wink:

El Salsero Gringo
5th-June-2006, 11:48 AM
we sat in my garden with a nice shandyCJ's just pm'd me to ask you whether that was a handy shandy drunk from a Thomas the Tankard?

Caro
5th-June-2006, 11:57 AM
Caro, thank you for sharing.:flower:
Does splitting your trousers happen often at dancing, too?!?

No actually, it never happened... but I'm always (slightly) worried that it might (imagine for a second :eek: :sick: :eek: ), and I remember somebody having a rant on the forum because they always split their trousers while dancing. :rofl:
So that's why it reminded me of dancing... :nice:

dee
5th-June-2006, 01:20 PM
CJ's just pm'd me to ask you whether that was a handy shandy drunk from a Thomas the Tankard?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dee
5th-June-2006, 01:21 PM
Wrong thread....I'm sure Ghost would do the Honours :wink:

ust go and find the other thread, or maybe pm Ghost :innocent: