PDA

View Full Version : Rep tp posts ratio?

Sparkles
30th-May-2006, 04:45 PM
OK, a quick question for all you mathematicians who have too much time on your hands:
Who has the best rep to post ratio?
ie who had the most rep points per post they've made?

Can anyone figure it out, please? :confused:

:flower:
Sparkles

CJ
30th-May-2006, 04:48 PM
OK, a quick question for all you mathematicians who have too much time on your hands:
ie who had the most rep points per post they've made?

Can anyone figure it out, please? :confused:

:flower:
Sparkles

This'll be kinda skew-whiffed by the earlier guys who's reps were zeroed, but not their post count.

Safe first bet would be DavidJames, tho..

Sparkles
30th-May-2006, 04:51 PM
This'll be kinda skew-whiffed by the earlier guys who's reps were zeroed, but not their post count.
Don't remind me :angry:

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 04:51 PM
Safe first bet would be DavidJames, tho..

Dont think so. :rofl: He posted more drivel than I do :rolleyes:
Think its more likely to be Tessalicious

Dizzy
30th-May-2006, 04:53 PM
:yeah:

or Spice'n'Easy :worthy:

ducasi
30th-May-2006, 04:56 PM
Let's ignore those who have zero posts, and a rep score of 10.... Often folks who post very, very little can have disproportionate reps, so let's ignore folks who have fewer than 100 posts...

So, amongst the more regular posters, I've noticed that both CeeCee and Tessalicious are doing rather well... :respect:

Us folks with post counts 3,000 and beyond don't do so well... :(

(BTW, my current rep score of 1451 was the year that the University of Glasgow was founded. :))

David Franklin
30th-May-2006, 05:01 PM
This'll be kinda skew-whiffed by the earlier guys who's reps were zeroed, but not their post count.More fundamentally skew-whiffed by the people who've made one very good post, or by the 10 rep points you get when you join. (I assume the lurkers who've never posted have 10 rep points, and therefore an infinite ratio - though I don't know how you find someone's rep without looking at one of their posts, so it's hard to tell).

I think little miss jiver (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/member.php?u=1669) had 10 earned rep points (20 total) from 3 posts at one point (4 posts now) for a ratio of 3.3 (2.5 now). DavidJames ratio is only about .33 - even my ratio beats that.

Once you account for the "great rep massacre", and discount the people with only a few posts, I suspect DavidB will be pretty high up the list.

(Edit: beaten to it by Ducasi!)

CJ
30th-May-2006, 05:01 PM
Often folks who post very, very little can have disproportionate reps, so let's ignore folks who have fewer than 100 posts...

why??

Often folks who say very, very little can have disproportionate post counts.:grin:

El Salsero Gringo
30th-May-2006, 05:07 PM
(BTW, my current rep score of 1451 was the year that the University of Glasgow was founded. :))Not any more.

LMC
30th-May-2006, 05:37 PM
why??

Often folks who say very, very little can have disproportionate post counts.:grin:
Did you mean post counts or rep counts? :innocent:

Kev F
30th-May-2006, 05:47 PM
Cee Cee has a ratio of 3.41 rep/post. :eek: :respect:

Which she fully deserves as her posts are detailed and informative.

ducasi
30th-May-2006, 05:59 PM
Did you mean post counts or rep counts? :innocent:
He meant post counts. ;)

Msfab
30th-May-2006, 06:31 PM

Why? I didnt know there was a competition?:confused:

Sparkles
30th-May-2006, 06:38 PM
Why? I didnt know there was a competition?:confused:
There isn't. I was just curious.
It doesn't always follow that someone who posts a lot has a lot of rep, and vice versa. Just wondering, that's all.

Lory
30th-May-2006, 06:58 PM
Cee Cee has a ratio of 3.41 rep/post. :eek: :respect:

Which she fully deserves as her posts are detailed and informative.
Your not doing so bad yourself yound man! :wink: