PDA

View Full Version : London 12th-15th June; where do you dance?!!!

Caro
28th-May-2006, 06:09 PM
I will be in London from monday 12th to thursday 15th and I'd really like to make the most of my evenings and dance as much as I can!

The cunning plan so far is:
- monday: Amir's Jango class in Hammersmith
- tuesday: Tango with Alexandra and Stephano from Tango in Action (is there any ceroc freestyle nearby I could go after 10?)
- wednesday: WCS in Twickenham (anybody could explain how to get there please :flower: ?)
- there is a slight possibility that I might be there on thursday evening too: where should I go then??

And most important: who will I get a chance to meet and dance with :hug: ?

I'm really looking forward to this trip! :drool: :clap:

Sheepman
1st-June-2006, 03:20 AM
There should be plenty of forumites there at Monday Meltdown for Jango, including a woolly DJ :whistle:

So whereabouts is Tango in Action?

And to tell you how to get to Twickenham, I'd have to know where you're coming from? (& don't say London!!! :wink: ) I can probbaly make it to Twickers that night too, so will look forward to some WCS. :nice:

Looking forward to seeing you, we'll have to try to make up for you missing Southport...

Greg

Rhythm King
1st-June-2006, 10:51 AM
There are comprehensive directions to the Twickenham venue on Cat's website here (http://www.fusiondance.freeservers.com/custom.html)
The parent site is actually Amir's.

Hope to see you for a dance

R-K:flower:

Caro
1st-June-2006, 06:33 PM
Thanks Sheepman and RK for your replies! :flower:

There should be plenty of forumites there at Monday Meltdown for Jango, including a woolly DJ :whistle:

great!!!:D

So whereabouts is Tango in Action?

near covent garden, see here (http://www.tangoinaction.com/setup.htm)

And to tell you how to get to Twickenham, I'd have to know where you're coming from? (& don't say London!!! :wink: )

my hotel is in central london... next to embankment

Looking forward to seeing you, we'll have to try to make up for you missing Southport...

:yeah: oh yes!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Really looking forward to it now!!!

There are comprehensive directions to the Twickenham venue on Cat's website :

yeah I've seen that, am just not sure:confused: how to get there by public transport from central london?

Hope to see you for a dance

R-K:flower:

me too!! :flower:

foxylady
1st-June-2006, 11:37 PM
near covent garden, see here (http://www.tangoinaction.com/setup.htm)

That link seems to suggest that the Tuesday classes are suspended for the whole of May and June !!!

I will be at ISH on the tuesday (near great portland street tube), and would happily meet you for a drink or bite to eat first if you'd a mind to.

Caro
1st-June-2006, 11:44 PM
That link seems to suggest that the Tuesday classes are suspended for the whole of May and June !!!

tango intermediate 2 + musicality seems to be on... (but I'll confirm)

I will be at ISH on the tuesday (near great portland street tube), and would happily meet you for a drink or bite to eat first if you'd a mind to.

would be great! :clap: :hug: and what do you dance at ISH??
Will PM you shortly!

Caro
15th-June-2006, 09:36 PM
So... I have been in London and dancing my socks off!!!

Started monday with Jango as planned and it was really, really brilliant. :worthy: :drool: :drool: :drool:
ALL the dances I had were fab, leaders being so sharp yet so smooth :awe:
Met new forumites :clap: , Rythm King, MsFab, Chris A, and a convalescent SilverFox...
The music was fantastic too (as you would expect from Sheepman!), Sparkles' pie was awesome:drool: ; in a word, had a really Fab time! You london people are so lucky to have the monday lush!!!

The plan went aside on tuesday, had a meeting which ran late and couldn't make to tango :sad: so went to a ceroc venue instead, and there ... :eek: :eek: :eek: !
From the shouting on the stage (mind you some call it enthousiasm :rolleyes: , must be a personal taste thing I suppose), to a major drop being taught in a intermediate class :eek: (refused to do it :devil: ), people actually doing drops on one of the busiest dancefloor I've ever seen.... and all the yanking my god :eek: :sick: :mad: !!!!
It's like all those conversations on the forum about drops on social dance floor, stomping (!), etc suddendly made sense :really: !
Thanks god Dizzy and FoxyLady :flower: came to the rescue and pointed me to more considerate dancers!!! Did have a good time from then!

Wednesday WCS in twickenham, was really good; although some stuff were taught differently from what I was taught before, like the basic sugar push... :confused:
I'm still very much a beginner there but I can feel there is huge potential for fab dances in the hopefully not so distant future. Definately loving it.

Back in Aberdeen now and ready for more Jango with Amir coming up to Aberdeen tomorrow :clap: :worthy: !!!

Huge thanks to Sheepman, FoxyLady and RythmKing for taking such good care of me!!! :flower: :worthy: :love: :hug:
And it was great to meet and dance with all you lovely forumites :flower: - too many to mention, am bound to forget somebody! but many thanks to all the people I have danced with! You made my trip to London very worhty!!! :respect: