PDA

View Full Version : British Summer Time

Graham
31st-March-2003, 02:31 PM
I see the forum clocks haven't switched over to daylight saving time as yet (2:30pm BST 31st March). I wonder if this means Franck will be an hour late for the classes this week?

Wendy
31st-March-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Graham
I see the forum clocks haven't switched over to daylight saving time as yet (2:30pm BST 31st March). I wonder if this means Franck will be an hour late for the classes this week?

Going for the clock keeper's job as well now !!!

Wx

Lou
31st-March-2003, 04:02 PM
Ignore what I just put! *lol*

Franck
31st-March-2003, 04:06 PM
I see the forum clocks haven't switched over to daylight saving time as yet (2:30pm BST 31st March). I wonder if this means Franck will be an hour late for the classes this week? Thanks Graham, I have now (finally) managed to update the Forum time...
Originally posted by Lou
Ignore what I just put! *lol*Lou? what happened to you? :D

Franck.

Lou
31st-March-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Franck
...Lou? what happened to you? :D
Have had wonderful weekend reliving my lost youth, catching up with very long lost friends, gigging & partying hard. :really: Unfortunately it seems I've also lost my brain! Sorry!

Franck
1st-April-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Lou
Have had wonderful weekend reliving my lost youth, catching up with very long lost friends, gigging & partying hard. :really: Unfortunately it seems I've also lost my brain! Sorry! Sounds good to me :D
Some party animal you seem to be :nice: when are you coming up to Scotland to show us all how it's done?

And re. losing your brain, don't worry, apparently, you don't need a brain on the dance floor anyway (just quoting from another thread by the way, so don't flame :wink: )

Franck.

Tiggerbabe
1st-April-2003, 10:25 PM
Hey Lou!

You going to the ceroc champs in May then? :D

Franck will be wearing his kilt - if you need some encouragement to go :wink:

DavidY
6th-April-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Franck
Thanks Graham, I have now (finally) managed to update the Forum time...

I dunno whether I'm not awake enough this Sunday morning to notice, but the forum clocks are suggesting that I should put my clock forward another hour - I thouht that was last Sunday...?

TheTramp
6th-April-2003, 09:47 AM
Ah. But the server this forum is on is in the States, and it's their British Summer time change today.....

Steve

Franck
6th-April-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by DavidY
I dunno whether I'm not awake enough this Sunday morning to notice, but the forum clocks are suggesting that I should put my clock forward another hour - I thouht that was last Sunday...? It's a Scottish tradition, keep everyone confused by changing the time randomly :D :D

As the Tramp says, it's all to do with the US of A's perception of the rest of the world :sad:

Anyway, thanks for the pointer, and I have adjusted it back to normal (yet again)...

And welcome to the Forum by the way! :nice:

Franck.

jiveclone
6th-April-2003, 02:22 PM
<pedantic>
At the end of the page of messages it now says
"All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 PM."
This was not true, it was 02:13 PM BST, not 02:13 PM GMT, (i.e. 01:13 PM GMT).
When the clocks go forward GMT does not change, we switch to using BST instead.
</pedantic>

Franck
8th-April-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by jiveclone
<pedantic>
At the end of the page of messages it now says
"All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 PM."
This was not true, it was 02:13 PM BST, not 02:13 PM GMT, (i.e. 01:13 PM GMT).
When the clocks go forward GMT does not change, we switch to using BST instead.
</pedantic> Thank you for pointing out to me this glaring error Jiveclone... :D :D

I have now changed the wording to better reflect the general mood of the forum... :waycool:

Franck.

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 01:06 PM
Yeah Franck??

So, when is Scotland ever sunny then?

Or were you just talking about the sunny disposition of the people on the forum? :D

Steve

Graham
8th-April-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Yeah Franck??

Or were you just talking about the sunny disposition of the people on the forum? :D

Steve
Actually it's sunny at the moment. And this year it would fall on a work day! :tears: Oh well, there's always next summer.

Gadget
8th-April-2003, 01:14 PM
every day! :cool:

...OK; so we also have rain, hail, snow, wind, blue skies and mist in the same day...

Franck
8th-April-2003, 01:17 PM

Or were you just talking about the sunny disposition of the people on the forum? :D Why both of course :D :D

We have had an incredible Spring so far... and I *really* hope we get a nice sunset / sunrise for the Mid-summer party at the Beach Ballroom too!

Re. the sunny disposition of people on the Forum, I don't need to say anything about that... it is pretty obvious :waycool:

Franck.

P.S. Maybe I could update the time to include the current weather as well,

The time in wet and windy Scotland is 1.37pm :D

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 01:26 PM
Hmm....

Franck.

Have you considered taking the date of the next bash at the beach ballroom back a couple of weeks, into July.

Just a thought!

Steve

Wendy
8th-April-2003, 01:26 PM
I can't wait for those long summer balmy nights when we put down the decking and turn our patio into an outdoor dancefloor !!! (Will have to teach some moves to the neighbours though, so they can join in !!)

Wxxx

Graham
8th-April-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
I can't wait for those long summer balmy nights when we put down the decking and turn our patio into an outdoor dancefloor !!! (Will have to teach some moves to the neighbours though, so they can join in !!)

Wxxx
You didn't tell me we were emigrating! :really:

Wendy
8th-April-2003, 01:35 PM
You didn't tell me we were emigrating! :really:

Well I DO like the sound of the classes in Australia... lots of dips and drops and they have an advanced class and Aussies.... but it would be cold in Australia in the Summer... mmm.... Aberdeen has long balmy summer nights.... and Aberdonians... What do you think ???

Wxxxx

Wendy
8th-April-2003, 01:38 PM
or we could get a couple of those patio heaters and a roof and double glazing and just stay here... I mean we've got Curtain now. Won't be long before the others follow ... :D :D :yum: :yum: :kiss: :kiss:

Wxxxx

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 01:51 PM
Ummm. Depends where you are in Australia Wendy.

Cairns, for example, is tropical, and hence doesn't get cold. And June is the dry month there, where it doesn't rain either.

Sydney does drop down to the low 70's during our summer. So, unfortunately, it's still probably warmer there than it is in Scotland anyhow :D

Oh, and incidentally, I hear that the new DJ in Aberdeen isn't too bad. Hopefully a few people will stay up there :D :D

Steve

Wendy
8th-April-2003, 01:56 PM
Ummm. Depends where you are in Australia Wendy.

Cairns, for example, is tropical, and hence doesn't get cold. And June is the dry month there, where it doesn't rain either.

Sydney does drop down to the low 70's during our summer.

Thanks Steve. needed that info like a kick in the head.... where is Blue34 anyway..... :wink:

So, unfortunately, it's still probably warmer there than it is in Scotland anyhow :D

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Wxxx

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 01:59 PM
Why did you need that like a kick in the head Wendy??

I mean. For some reason, I've been reading up on all things Australian recently :D

Steve

Wendy
8th-April-2003, 02:03 PM
Why did you need that like a kick in the head Wendy??

I mean. For some reason, I've been reading up on all things Australian recently :D

Well I probably need a kick somewhere else to get me off this forum !!!

You aren't going to go to Australia instead of Scotland are you !!!

Wxxx

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 02:16 PM
Only on holiday Wendy :D

I'll be back!!

Steve

Wendy
8th-April-2003, 03:07 PM
Only on holiday ...I'll be back!! :D

Wx

(Curtain tick, Steve tick, Bill TBA......)

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 03:17 PM
Ummm.

Wendy.

Why are you ticking me?

Steve

Wendy
8th-April-2003, 03:27 PM

Why are you ticking me?

You are coming to Scotland = result, OK, sorted, job done, mission complete....

Wxxx

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 03:30 PM
Well.

That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me. Well, apart from being better than sex.

Maybe I should shut up now.

Why does Bill only get a TBA then. I thought that he already was in Scotland :D

Steve

Wendy
8th-April-2003, 03:42 PM
Well, apart from being better than sex. I think the original quote was BTAKUTA ..... but you might think that meant.....
Maybe I should shut up now. lol ......As if !!!!!
Why does Bill only get a TBA then. I thought that he already was in Scotland :D Yeh, true - but Aberdeen is quite far away :tears: (OK not in Aussie terms - before you start quoting me distances from Melbourne to Sydney .... and onto Cairns and back in one day which you would cover if were doing a dance marathon down under with no sleep and staying on the forum at the same time while doing a double trouble with 17 women.....!!!) . That's why Curtain gets a tick cos he WAS in Aberdeen but now he's ours, all ours :devil: !!! (sound of cackling and rubbing together of hands while making sure the cauldron doesn't bubble over !!)

Wxxxx

Wendy
8th-April-2003, 03:50 PM
I can only imagine the delay is due to you actually working out all that stuff !!!

Wxxxxx

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 03:56 PM
Nah. The delay was to me going out to get a coke.

Ummm. Should I tell you that I'll be in Aberdeen too. Or possibly Dundee. One of those two places anyhow..... But not Glasgow.

And I can't tell you the distance of Melbourne to Sydney. But I can tell you that Sydney to Cairns is 2000 miles, so it's a little difficult to do in a day, unless you were flying. And I'm not sure that double trouble with 17 women is possible. I did it with 5 last week (started with 3, and a couple more joined in), and with 5 at the party in Marco's (ditto). You can't get many more people round you within arms length. Even if you're as fat as I am :D

Steve

Wendy
8th-April-2003, 04:01 PM
Aderdeen or Dundee is a start :D

hug :kiss: hug :kiss: hug :kiss:

and you better get used to all that - the MAd crew are kissing MAd !!!

Wxxxx

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 04:05 PM
I'll do my best to put up with it.

It's a struggle, but someone has to do it...!!

Steve

Chicklet
8th-April-2003, 04:15 PM
Ummm.

Wendy.

Why are you ticking me?

Steve

Would tickLing have been better??????:grin:

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 04:34 PM
Sorry Chickie, but I'm not ticklish.

You are of course welcome to try at any time though :D

Steve

Chicklet
8th-April-2003, 04:40 PM
Sorry Chickie, but I'm not ticklish.

You are of course welcome to try at any time though :D

Steve

shame, but thank you for the offer, all the more generous given that you have no idea what I look like so I could be 42 stone and likely to do damage for all you know:innocent:

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 04:46 PM
I'll take the chance.

It'll take a lot to do me damage. At my last massage, the girl said that I'm built like a tree trunk.

Which is an improvement on the brick sh*t house that my father used to call me.... :D

Steve

Emma
8th-April-2003, 06:00 PM

And I can't tell you the distance of Melbourne to Sydney.

:really:

I trust you are rectifying this even as I type... This is a serious hole in your extensive research! :grin:

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 06:10 PM
Not really. I have no plans to go to Melbourne this time. So it's definitely in my list of things I don't need to know :D

Steve

Emma
8th-April-2003, 06:12 PM
Tsk

TheTramp
8th-April-2003, 06:21 PM
Sorry. But I can only remember 7 things at a time. So, if I remember that, I'll only be able to remember 6 others. So, I'll just stick to remembering the important things :D

Steve

Emma
8th-April-2003, 07:39 PM
That seems reasonable :wink:

DavidY
28th-March-2004, 11:45 AM
It's that time of year again when people ask the (now traditional) question of why the forum clocks haven't been updated to use British Summer Time.

The explanations from this time last year are at the start of this thread.

I guess we have to wait till Franck next logs on before it gets corrected??

Tiggerbabe
28th-March-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by DavidY
I guess we have to wait till Franck next logs on before it gets corrected??
YUP!!!!! He didn't give me the power to change the time :wink: :tears: :tears:

Flash
28th-March-2004, 02:53 PM
Well I got home from ceroc last night and had thankfully left my computer running other wise I would have had completely forgotten about the time change. I had a wee note on my screen when I got in asking me if I wanted it to update - update what????
So thanks to ceroc!!

Pammy
29th-March-2004, 09:43 AM
Or, if in our case, you got up and went down the Moons for a Sunday breakfast and the cut of time was 12, and you was well before at 11.45 - only to be told it was 12.45 :blush: :tears:

Yes, we're idiots - I was the first idiot, but it appears to be catching :wink:

Lounge Lizard
29th-March-2004, 10:29 AM
Hi Stompin scheduled to finish at two, the clock struck 1.Oclock time jumped forward I hour....it was now 2.Olcock and the evening ended :angry: :angry: :angry:
So we stopped dancing at 1.00 not very good, apparantly town hall management was to blame

Sheepman
29th-March-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
it was now 2.Olcock and the evening ended :angry: :angry: :angry: I can't say I know anyone who was impressed by that, I know logically it was correct, but the place was still packed. I hope Phil didn't have to pay staff for the "extra" hour we didn't get.

I trust Phil won't book Stompin' on a clocks changing night again, except maybe in September?

Some of us needed more, so headed for the Market Diner, but because it was so early (2:30 am), the queue was far too long to contemplate. Oh for the old days of the bikers caff on the prom, food and dancing till dawn. (Just in case anyone thinks I'm talking of the sixties, I'm not that old, I'm talking of the late '90's.

Greg

Boomer
29th-March-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
Or, if in our case, you got up and went down the Moons for a Sunday breakfast and the cut of time was 12, and you was well before at 11.45 - only to be told it was 12.45 :blush: :tears:

Yes, we're idiots - I was the first idiot, but it appears to be catching :wink:

I was not amused.

Dreadful Scathe
29th-March-2004, 11:51 AM
Well I was late for work - was oblivious to the fact id lost an hour. :)

Lounge Lizard
29th-March-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Oh for the old days of the bikers caff on the prom, food and dancing till dawn. (Just in case anyone thinks I'm talking of the sixties, I'm not that old, I'm talking of the late '90's.

Greg Those were the days when the leather clad bikers were forced to leave cos the soft soled dancers had arrived - not sure if they [the bikers] were wimps of scared of being associated with 'our sort':rofl:

Pammy
29th-March-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Well I was late for work - was oblivious to the fact id lost an hour. :)

Knew we could rely on you mate :grin:

DavidY
5th-April-2004, 12:55 PM
Franck,

Just like last year (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=15614#post15614) , the forum's server has gone forward an extra hour at the weekend. Must be those Americans again I guess.

Can you fix it please?

David :cheers:

Lory
31st-October-2004, 10:22 AM
:tears: The dark nights are here again! :tears:

But in our little cyber world of the forum, it's still the old time! :wink: :D :clap:

philsmove
31st-October-2004, 10:47 AM
I got to page two of this thread before realising it started in summer 2003

I think I put my clock back a bit too far

baldrick
31st-October-2004, 05:17 PM
Don't worry Phil, people not changing the time on their PC's is playing havoc with posting times :rofl:

Whitebeard
31st-October-2004, 05:31 PM
Don't worry Phil, people not changing the time on their PC's is playing havoc with posting times.

Wot? Hasn't yours got a mind of its own?

baldrick
31st-October-2004, 06:29 PM
Wot? Hasn't yours got a mind of its own?
Mind, this damm thing has personality. Could be worse one of the work PCs is posessed :devil:

Whitebeard
1st-November-2004, 12:05 AM
Mind, this damm thing has personality.
S'pose you've tried kicking her into submission?

Doesn't work on the dancefloor either!!!

baldrick
1st-November-2004, 09:03 PM
S'pose you've tried kicking her into submission?

Doesn't work on the dancefloor either!!!
I would like to point out that I made no assertation as to the gender of my computer and its associated pesonality disorders. All indications that the stubbon, unhelpful, wilfuly obstreperous, deliberatly forgetful, difficult to get started thing is female were made by whitey and all flames should be sent his way. :whistle:

Whitebeard
2nd-November-2004, 12:35 AM
I would like to point out that I made no assertation as to the gender of my computer and its associated pesonality disorders. All indications that the stubbon, unhelpful, wilfuly obstreperous, deliberatly forgetful, difficult to get started thing is female were made by whitey and all flames should be sent his way. :whistle:
Ladies; ladies please, please, take no heed of this man who invites insurrection against a fellow fellow who tends his machines with all the slavish devotion of a lovesick suitor. Not from him the aimless kicks and blows of the frustrated alpha male but, rather, a firm yet gentle laying on of hands to ease the pain of all those bruised and broken parts so that they mesh once again in the perfect harmony of form and substance fully deserving the admiring appelation as to gender.

baldrick
3rd-November-2004, 11:13 PM
Ladies; ladies please, please, take no heed of this man who invites insurrection against a fellow fellow who tends his machines with all the slavish devotion of a lovesick suitor. Not from him the aimless kicks and blows of the frustrated alpha male but, rather, a firm yet gentle laying on of hands to ease the pain of all those bruised and broken parts so that they mesh once again in the perfect harmony of form and substance fully deserving the admiring appelation as to gender.

Clearly a man who spends way too much time getting stoked up over his keyboard.

Whitebeard
4th-November-2004, 12:43 AM
Clearly a man who spends way too much time getting stoked up over his keyboard.

Or who's dram isn't so wee.

Gadget
4th-November-2004, 01:04 AM
Definety: That was Baldrick! :rofl::rofl:

baldrick
4th-November-2004, 07:05 PM
Definety: That was Baldrick! :rofl::rofl:
That or defiently :what:

philsmove
8th-November-2004, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=Whitebeard]S'pose you've tried kicking her into submission?[QUOTE]

Be carefull

http://www.ttr2.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=63&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Whitebeard
9th-November-2004, 12:46 AM
Be carefull

http://www.ttr2.com/modules.php?op=...order=0&thold=0

I'm so glad it was a 'sexy chick' (not a phrase that would ever, ever, pass my lips) who resorted to violence against the poor machine. Perhaps ladies see machines as being masculine ?? This one gave every appearance of being just that !!

baldrick
12th-November-2004, 09:11 PM
At last revenge can be yours. I don't get the rules, but try it for therapy
:clap: :clap:
http://www.thestylemachine.com/metele/

Whitebeard
12th-November-2004, 09:56 PM
Great !!!!

Rules? Just turn the volume up and point and click.

philsmove
13th-November-2004, 12:58 AM
Ten out ten brilliant :rofl: :devil: :angry:

ToeTrampler
13th-November-2004, 11:08 AM
At last revenge can be yours. I don't get the rules, but try it for therapy
:clap: :clap:

Ahh, I feel so much better now :cheers:

philsmove
13th-November-2004, 07:34 PM
Great !!!!

Just had to use this link

A friend had pick up some unwanted porn, that was automatically printing itself
So I empted the deleted emails in outlook express, which seemed to be the source of the problem

He then told me he kept ALL his WANTED e mails in the delete Folder!!!! :what:

Any one know how to undelete a deleted email

He is not a happy bunny
:sad:

ToeTrampler
14th-November-2004, 02:24 AM
Any one know how to undelete a deleted email

He is not a happy bunny
:sad:

There are a number of Recovery utilities/applications aimed at this type of problem such as Iolo Technologie's "Search & Recover 2".
http://www.iolo.com/sr/2/
I do not have personal experience of using this ( I know of Iolo because of their "System Mechanic" utility) so unless it is urgent, I would wait for a more 'experienced' answer.
If there happens to be no more forthcoming advice (hard to belive on this forum :worthy: ) and you have to make a decision, please go for a utility that you have to pay for - something that is free might just cause a whole lot of new problems.

Also

kept ALL his WANTED e mails in the delete Folder
Can REALLY understand why you needed to make use of Baldrick's (excellent :clap: ) link.