PDA

View Full Version : Chanel 4 - 4Dance

Gadget
28th-May-2006, 12:35 AM
Wow.

Saturday 27 May 2006 19:40 _ 20:10
20:10 - 4Dance: Rise and Fall [ Series: 4Dance: Rise and Fall ]

The award-winning and critically acclaimed ex-Royal Ballet dancers William Trevitt and Michael Nunn, aka The Ballet Boyz, return to Channel 4 with a one-off special featuring three stunning new pieces choreographed by one of Britain's hottest new choreography talents Russell Malliphant.

I caught the last half of the first program and was mesmorised by the second bit of "rise and fall"

Anyone know where I can get a copy of these? I would really like to look at them again for inspitation - I don't do arials primarily because I don't think that they look that good; the prep work and lead into them, as well as the exit from them can break the flow of a dance worse than anything I know of. However I was inspired by the last piece (...and thinking on how double trouble would work with two leads and one follow :devil: )

Much inspired. :respect:

ducasi
28th-May-2006, 01:41 AM
:yeah:

I saw most of it... It's funny how a programme I'd have turned off before I started dancing suddenly holds a great deal more interest, despite it really being a very different kind of dance...

Sorry Gadget, I didn't record it... :(

Gadget
29th-May-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks anyway Ducasi.

Anyone else? :worthy:

Almost an Angel
30th-May-2006, 02:07 PM
Anyone else? :worthy:

I have both the programmes on DVD - or rather I will have when I collect it from my parent's place - I wasn't in on Saturday (Funky Lush called) so I asked them to record it to DVD rather than relying on a Video. Only problem is I'm in the South and you're way up north.

Angel x

Freya
30th-May-2006, 04:02 PM
Only problem is I'm in the South and you're way up north.

You could alway make a copy and post them!!!! of course I wouldn't condone that Kinda behaviour :innocent: :wink:

Donna
1st-June-2006, 02:05 PM
Ah we were watching this on Sat too! :clap: Excellent stuff! Breath taking too. Must say, it's good to learn different aerials. Got one already! :D

Almost an Angel
14th-June-2006, 10:46 AM
Well I went to see Russel Maliphant -the Choreographer of the 4 Dance pieces- live last night together with some non forumites at Sadlers Wells and can i just say WOW!!!! :worthy: :worthy:

He and Sylvie Guillem both performed solo pieces and a duet - IT WAS TRULY AMAZING!!! I don't think I have the words to describe it - it has to be seen.

I loved the 2nd solo piece by Guillem, she was lit within 2 square boxes upon the stage and danced only within the outer box, which later due to some clever lighting made it seem as though her hands and feet were on fire whenever they came out of the inner box.

The first piece was Guillem in a solo dancing to flamenco music (acoustic guitar) which was very good but her other solo was just outstanding.

The second was Maliphant in a solo where he was performing with shadows. There were 6 panels set at the back of the stage and lights set to project his image onto them. The cleverness comes with the angles of the projection - at times it was only him but others up to 3 or 4 shadows - very interesting concept. As at time it looked like he was dancing with others.

The last piece was a duet - and I'm sorry guys but the consenus from us last night was that we all think slow aerials are the way forward - there was such control in all the moves. It was truly breathtaking - the amount of aerials and the positioning and the slow pace just added to the magic. There was no hurry in moving from one position to another just smoothly flowing moves.

If any of you get the chance to see this it's well worth it.

Angel xx

Gadget
14th-June-2006, 01:20 PM
:D <- notice it's green.

MartinHarper
14th-June-2006, 03:16 PM
(...and thinking on how double trouble would work with two leads and one follow :devil: )

It normally involves lots of stealing. Good fun.