PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Bliss (Camber) 29th Sept 2006?

Lee
23rd-May-2006, 12:34 PM
Anyone seen this?

http://www.ceroc.com/bliss

There don't seem to be any more details about it...:confused:

Also:

Chill – in the North - 20th -22nd April 2007

http://www.ceroc.com/chill

Lee

WittyBird
23rd-May-2006, 01:24 PM
Anyone seen this?

http://www.ceroc.com/bliss

There don't seem to be any more details about it...:confused:

Also:

Chill – in the North - 20th -22nd April 2007

http://www.ceroc.com/chill

Lee

IIRC - Bliss is back at Camber and Chill is Prestatyn :D Apparently they both go Live this week to book :rolleyes:

Lee
23rd-May-2006, 01:30 PM
IIRC - Bliss is back at Camber and Chill is Prestatyn :D Apparently they both go Live this week to book :rolleyes:

So we could do Camber in Sept, Oct & Nov this year......:sick:

Lee

WittyBird
23rd-May-2006, 01:33 PM
So we could do Camber in Sept, Oct & Nov this year......:sick:

Lee

bliss - camber
breeze - somerset
chill - prestatyn

I think????

That's what I was saying in another thread Ceroc have 1 weekender a month booked from next year :sad:

Lee
23rd-May-2006, 01:40 PM
bliss - camber
breeze - somerset
chill - prestatyn

I think????

That's what I was saying in another thread Ceroc have 1 weekender a month booked from next year :sad:

Overkill for me, I wonder if there is a market for it?

Lee

stewart38
25th-May-2006, 03:32 PM
Who is going to Bliss 29th Sept 2006 then , im now book for so many weekenders I haven’t a clue where im going

Got this at £29 with a stranger

We are delighted to announce that we have the following events planned.

Ceroc are hosting a series of dance weekenders with accommodation from as little as £29. The weekends will be bursting with workshops, parties, entertainment and of course hours of freestyle.

So grab your dance shoes and toothbrush and escape for the weekend and join hundreds of other Cerocers who share your passion.

BLISS - 29th Sept 06 3 nights

Pontins Camber Sands, Sussex

Available Accommodation 1600 - Dance area 1202 sqm

Georgious dancer
26th-May-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm booked on breeze the following weekend so not sure about this one!

However, the 29th is my birthday and I was planning to have at least one night of dancing (I have to fit the non-dancer in somewhere) so would be great to know if many of you are planning to go or not!

Tazmanian Devil
26th-May-2006, 11:25 PM
Me and WB are booked as is Fletch as is thewacko and A Certain Lady :clap: :clap:

Georgious dancer
27th-May-2006, 04:46 PM
Well that answers my question, I'm booked! :clap:

P.s. don't forget my presents!:rofl:

Swinging bee
30th-May-2006, 08:49 AM
Who is going to Bliss 29th Sept 2006 then , im now book for so many weekenders I haven’t a clue where im going

Got this at £29 with a stranger

We are delighted to announce that we have the following events planned.

Ceroc are hosting a series of dance weekenders with accommodation from as little as £29. The weekends will be bursting with workshops, parties, entertainment and of course hours of freestyle.

So grab your dance shoes and toothbrush and escape for the weekend and join hundreds of other Cerocers who share your passion.

BLISS - 29th Sept 06 3 nights

Pontins Camber Sands, Sussex

Available Accommodation 1600 - Dance area 1202 sqm

It's that WORD .."CEROCERS" ..that is a turn off.. Won't be going YUK:rolleyes: All that bouncing:rofl:

Got better things to do..:yeah:

Gus
30th-May-2006, 12:43 PM
It's that WORD .."CEROCERS" ..that is a turn off.. Won't be going YUK:rolleyes: All that bouncing:rofl:
Bouncing? Ceroc only??? Name me one MJ organisation that doesn't have its share of bouncers and arm yankers?:whistle:

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm booked on breeze the following weekend so not sure about this one!

Oh poo
Didn't realise that it would be 2 weekends in a row :mad:
Need to rearrange things ...... sh1t

stewart38
31st-May-2006, 11:06 AM

Got better things to do..:yeah:

Great look forward to your weekender where you can show the 'cerocers' how to dance

thewacko
31st-May-2006, 06:16 PM
Me and WB are booked as is Fletch as is thewacko and A Certain Lady :clap: :clap:
:what: oh I wont reply to his then:rolleyes:

Georgious Dancers birthday end September at Bliss, and Witty's in November

Can Camber cope:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Swinging bee
1st-June-2006, 11:07 AM
Great look forward to your weekender where you can show the 'cerocers' how to dance

That would be a task of gigantic proportions:rofl:

Swinging bee
1st-June-2006, 11:09 AM
Bouncing? Ceroc only??? Name me one MJ organisation that doesn't have its share of bouncers and arm yankers?:whistle:

That was YANKERS wasn't it !:rofl:

littlewiggle
10th-June-2006, 07:21 PM
For those who are struggling to get in at Southport in September (ladies at the mo!) Ceroc Bliss is an alternative. Who's going? :whistle: Do you think there'll be many people there seeing as it takes place so soon after the Southport weekender?

Paul F
15th-June-2006, 02:42 PM
For those who are struggling to get in at Southport in September (ladies at the mo!) Ceroc Bliss is an alternative. Who's going? :whistle: Do you think there'll be many people there seeing as it takes place so soon after the Southport weekender?

Interesting question. Im wondering if this is the first example of a weekend suffering when it comes to attracting the more experienced dancers.
Im sure it will be full but, lets face it, most of the exerienced dancers will be going to Southport because they know thats where other experienced dancers are going. Of course some people wont be able to make Southport.

At the moment though, given a straight choice, I can only imagine most would choose Southport, wouldn't they ?

Lynn
17th-June-2006, 08:04 AM
This thread came up while I was in 'lurking' mode (am currently in posting mode, for now...).

But I have to admit to being pretty annoyed when this weekend was advertised, the weekend before the other one (getting also irritated by all these daft names, Breeze I think). Given a choice I would probably rather have gone to Camber. But I wasn't given that choice as this weekend was advertised after I (and many others) had already booked Breeze. Which doesn't give a good message to me about what Ceroc think of their customers.

I know, they probably didn't have the dates for this. I know this was probably the only weekend they could get the venue at Camber to fit in an extra weekend. But they knew they already had the other one arranged and still decided to proceed. With no 'sorry there has been an addition folks, transfers are optional if desired'.

So it gives me the message that if I book a Ceroc event, they might turn round and change the options after I've booked.

Its really made me wary about booking any more Ceroc weekenders (already booked Storm for next year and of course Blaze being an exception!). Certainly not till they stop messing about and decide what they are going to run and when and I have a proper idea of what I can choose from.:mad:

OK, rant over. I'll head back to the tango threads, shall I...

DavidY
17th-June-2006, 11:36 AM
~rant snipped~
OK, rant over. I'll head back to the tango threads, shall I...I did have a look on the Bliss web pages and found this:
Q:It's crazy that Bliss and Breeze are back to back, could you not have separated the events?

A:Ceroc are also frustrated that we couldn't have more of a gap between the two events, however Pontins centres are very busy with regular hirers who hire their centres the same weekends every year and therefore given our date at Bliss is a cancellation there is really nothing that could be done. We did consider not bothering with Bliss because of this, but Breeze is virtually sold out and we anticipate there being a completely different set of people who would want to travel to Somerset and to East Sussex.
I have a modicum of sympathy with Ceroc over this. I did ask myself: if I was running the weekends, I'd already nearly sold out Breeze and another weekend slot at Camber came up at short notice (especially after the success of Storm), what would I do...?

I also assume that everything provided by Ceroc; the facilities, teachers, DJs, accomodation etc. at Breeze will remain exactly as advertised before.

The possible effect which Bliss might have on Breeze is on that crucial question that we all ask before going to any dance event (whether it's a week-long dance holiday or the Wednesday night class down the road), but which the event organisers have little control over: "Who else is going to be there...?"

Personally I can't do Bliss anyway because of other commitments, and Breeze is easier for me to get to, so I'm looking forward to it.:nice:

Lynn
17th-June-2006, 12:20 PM
We did consider not bothering with Bliss because of this, but Breeze is virtually sold out and we anticipate there being a completely different set of people who would want to travel to Somerset and to East Sussex.Right, so it they reckoned that very few who had already booked on Breeze had also been to Storm? Which is in Camber. That Breeze is almost sold out, being put on sale shortly after Storm, to people who hadn't travelled to Camber?

More like when they wanted to sell Breeze they were hoping to get repeat customers from Storm - the same group of people, but when they wanted to put Bliss on the weekend after Breeze they now think that its a 'completely different set of people' who are their target market...

I have other thoughts on the changing weekender scene but I'll go and post them on a more suitable thread.

frodo
18th-June-2006, 02:16 AM
we anticipate there being a completely different set of people who would want to travel to Somerset and to East Sussex
Right, so it they reckoned that very few who had already booked on Breeze had also been to Storm? Which is in Camber. That Breeze is almost sold out, being put on sale shortly after Storm, to people who hadn't travelled to Camber?

More like when they wanted to sell Breeze they were hoping to get repeat customers from Storm - the same group of people, but when they wanted to put Bliss on the weekend after Breeze they now think that its a 'completely different set of people' who are their target market...
I think they carefully worded it - they didn't say it's a 'completely' different set of people, but 'there is' a completely different set of people - (of course there is also a completely same set of people).

They should have a fair idea of the overlap from booking information, so it could have been a fairly well informed anticipation.

Lynn
18th-June-2006, 09:25 AM
They should have a fair idea of the overlap from booking information, so it could have been a fairly well informed anticipation.Fair enough.

If that is the case, then I won't expect there to be very many at Breeze that were at Storm then! Nice to see a totally different crowd of people.

stewart38
3rd-July-2006, 03:51 PM
I think the outside car park was a great idea and seemed to have support on here ??

Off the web site

------------------------------------------
The only real negative feedback was about the external car park. We have therefore decided to charge £10 per car that parks on-site at the next event in order to encourage more people to car share and hopefully therefore reduce the number of people that have to park off-site. See FAQs for full details.
--------------------------------------

Lets hope the 'extra £10' per car all goes to charity then, call me cynical but.............. :sad: £5,000 will pay for more then the odd steward :mad:

Twirly
5th-July-2006, 12:31 PM
K, it looks like I might be coming to this on my own (since dancing friend won't make her mind up and I want to get the cheaper deal before I go away). So I'm really hoping that I'll see some lovely forumites there who will help me not feel lost or lonely, as I'm a bit nervous about it. First weekender and all that... :blush:

Twirly
6th-July-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, there's nothing like giving a dithery friend an ultimatum to help them make up their mind! I'm booked, and so is she - and don't any of you dare say I posted anything about her on here!!

Georgious dancer
7th-July-2006, 11:34 AM
K, it looks like I might be coming to this on my own (since dancing friend won't make her mind up and I want to get the cheaper deal before I go away). So I'm really hoping that I'll see some lovely forumites there who will help me not feel lost or lonely, as I'm a bit nervous about it. First weekender and all that... :blush:

There is usually a gathering of forumites somewhere or other at a weekender! It's my birthday on the friday night so I will be having a gathering in my chalet before dancing - you will be more than welcome to join us!:clap: Would be lovely to meet you - especially as we missed each other at hammersmith the other week!

Lynn
7th-July-2006, 11:55 AM
So I'm really hoping that I'll see some lovely forumites there who will help me not feel lost or lonely, as I'm a bit nervous about it. First weekender and all that... :blush:Glad your friend is now going - its nice to go to your first weekender with someone you know. But there will also be some friendly forumites - and their friends - so you will meet lots of new people. I've normally gone on a weekender with friends and could have spent all my time with other NI folk, but I have always made a conscious effort to get to know other people as well. (Not that my NI friends aren't lovely and wonderful company!). I would now be more than happy to go on my own, knowing there would be plenty of familiar faces and meeting up with dancing friends across the UK is one of the things I enjoy about weekenders.

stewart38
7th-July-2006, 12:24 PM
, but I have always made a conscious effort to get to know other people as well.

Me to, sometimes too well :sad:

WittyBird
7th-July-2006, 12:28 PM
Me to, sometimes too well :sad:
:rofl: what's happened now :rolleyes:

stewart38
12th-August-2006, 01:08 AM
does this look like their packing them in :sad:

MAKE FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE
Thank you for booking a chalet at Bliss. We are aware that some of
you have experienced difficulties with our booking system. As
compensation and to make up for these technical teething problems we
are offering you an amazing opportunity to be exceedingly popular
with your friends !
The gremlins have now been evicted and the technical glitches sorted.

As the BBC say … normal service has now been resumed.

On offer are these 2 fabulous discounts described below:

1. KIP ON THE COUCH OPTION
If you want to add another one or two people into your apartment, we
are offering this option at the following ridiculous offer prices:

Another one person £29
Another two people £58

HOW CHEAP IS THAT… Remember – all apartments have a double sofa bed
so you could easily fit another 1 or 2 people into your existing
apartment even if it is just 1 bedroom.

fletch
12th-August-2006, 08:24 AM
does this look like their packing them in :sad:

MAKE FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE
Thank you for booking a chalet at Bliss. We are aware that some of
you have experienced difficulties with our booking system. As
compensation and to make up for these technical teething problems we
are offering you an amazing opportunity to be exceedingly popular
with your friends !
The gremlins have now been evicted and the technical glitches sorted.

As the BBC say … normal service has now been resumed.

On offer are these 2 fabulous discounts described below:

1. KIP ON THE COUCH OPTION
If you want to add another one or two people into your apartment, we
are offering this option at the following ridiculous offer prices:

Another one person £29
Another two people £58

HOW CHEAP IS THAT… Remember – all apartments have a double sofa bed
so you could easily fit another 1 or 2 people into your existing
apartment even if it is just 1 bedroom.

yes all very good for you teckie lot but I carn't seem to book?:sad:

Would some kind person do a step by step for us bottle blonds:wink: who carn't seem to get to grips with it:tears:

DianaS
14th-August-2006, 12:07 PM
yes all very good for you teckie lot but I carn't seem to book?:sad:

Would some kind person do a step by step for us bottle blonds:wink: who carn't seem to get to grips with it:tears:

Hi Fletch just send them an email bliss@ceroc.com I don't think they have modified their site to accomodate the new offers. Or phone them 07914 224 799

I had to when one of my girls turned into a man It was a nasty shock at the time, but we are getting used to it!!

Hey Goergeous Dancer How many candles are you burning then??
D

Frankie_4711
18th-August-2006, 12:13 PM
Looks like I will be going to this after all - a friend had a space in their chalet and I managed to talk hubby into 'letting' me do weekenders on the trot (also going to Breeze) YAY!:clap:

Donna
18th-August-2006, 04:05 PM
Looks like I will be going to this after all - a friend had a space in their chalet and I managed to talk hubby into 'letting' me do weekenders on the trot (also going to Breeze) YAY!:clap:

Don't think I can do this as will just be coming back from hols (too much!!!! :tears: ) but, I'm going to Ceroc Breeze also. Can't wait.

Georgious dancer
22nd-August-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey Goergeous Dancer How many candles are you burning then??
D

Well that would be telling if my date of birth wasn't on my user page!

DianaS
24th-August-2006, 08:30 AM
Well that would be telling if my date of birth wasn't on my user page!

hmmm we'll have to think of a very special birthday present for you..
if you could have yhour heart desire --
what would it be?

Missy D
24th-August-2006, 08:39 AM
Decided at the last minute to book for this event. Dee cant make it this time as she has too many residents in her 'Ark' so I will be booking alone. If anyone wants to share just pm me. Otherwise I will just book on my own by the weekend.

Georgious dancer
24th-August-2006, 09:12 AM
Decided at the last minute to book for this event. Dee cant make it this time as she has too many residents in her 'Ark' so I will be booking alone. If anyone wants to share just pm me. Otherwise I will just book on my own by the weekend.

Yeah!!!:clap: More people to celebrate my birthday with! Glad you wil be there!

hmmm we'll have to think of a very special birthday present for you..
if you could have yhour heart desire --
what would it be?

Ohhhh.....hmmmm.....let me think..........errr........I'm not sure. Too nervous to think at the moment, I have an interview in about an hour and a half!

Missy D
24th-August-2006, 09:27 AM
My birthday the week before GD:clap:

Guess I will be burning alot more candles than you.

DianaS
24th-August-2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah!!!:clap: More people to celebrate my birthday with! Glad you wil be there!

Ohhhh.....hmmmm.....let me think..........errr........I'm not sure. Too nervous to think at the moment, I have an interview in about an hour and a half!

Good luck for the interview!!!!
Knock em dead!
D

stewart38
24th-August-2006, 01:55 PM
Ive got share with a stranger at £29 (male)

If someone wants it they can

IF i go and they have spare tickets ill just book for myself

Twirly
24th-August-2006, 02:08 PM
From the website they have plenty of spare tickets! Is the place going to be half empty do you think?

Twirly
24th-August-2006, 03:12 PM
Is there any way to change what you've voted on a poll? I'm in the not sure on this but am now going.

stewart38
25th-August-2006, 09:49 AM
From the website they have plenty of spare tickets! Is the place going to be half empty do you think?

I think its might be and i sold 3 tickets for Somerset one :tears:

Lynn
25th-August-2006, 01:04 PM
From the website they have plenty of spare tickets! Is the place going to be half empty do you think?There will be plenty of space to dance if that is the case, smaller classes. If they have less people they can put less extra flooring down.

It was always going to be a very difficult event to sell, only 2 weeks after Southport and 1 week before their own Breeze event, which they knew was already selling very well - effectively removing a fair chunk of their potential market for this weekend. I know they are in different areas, but people are willing to travel for a good weekender.

stewart38
26th-August-2006, 11:32 AM
I notice this is already sold out for ladies to book on their own

what does that mean ? they have 400 ladies and say 200 men booked

It cant mean they have 750 ladies booked out of 1,500 ? As more ladies can book with men

This would fall foul of any law id have thought ?

explanations ?

Lynn
26th-August-2006, 12:12 PM
I notice this is already sold out for ladies to book on their own

what does that mean ? they have 400 ladies and say 200 men booked

It cant mean they have 750 ladies booked out of 1,500 ? As more ladies can book with men Not sold out from what I can see. The ladies only chalets were 'on hold' last time I looked. That doesn't mean sold out, it just means that they aren't releasing any more for sale until more men book and the numbers are more balanced. This is a good idea as it means that even if they have lower numbers at this event than full capacity, they still can ensure a good balance. So if there are 1000 there it won't be 750 women (presume that would be half capacity if they can take 1500) and 250 men.

It doesn't look like this event will be full, which shows the importance of timing and planning for weekenders. You can have a well known venue (Camber), a proven track record with running such an event (Storm) and still have problems filling your event. I know they were limited with when Camber was available, but with so many Ceroc weekenders being planned for the next 12 months, I still don't understand the thinking behind trying to add this particular one to an already busy month.

ducasi
26th-August-2006, 12:27 PM
I still don't understand the thinking behind trying to add this particular one to an already busy month. One word – money.

jivecat
26th-August-2006, 02:23 PM
So if there are 1000 there it won't be 750 women (presume that would be half capacity if they can take 1500) and 250 men.

I will be furious if this is the case. The unique selling point of ceroc weekenders is that they say they will balance genders 50/50. If they don't do that, they have lost their main market advantage, IMO. Even if the balance is 60/40 is essentially means a significantly less good time for the women attending.

I note that they are trying to market the weekend heavily towards complete beginners. My heart is filling with dread. Still, I could do all those beginners workshops as a man, I s'pose. and improve my leading. (half-full, half-full!)

Lynn
26th-August-2006, 03:16 PM
I will be furious if this is the case. The unique selling point of ceroc weekenders is that they say they will balance genders 50/50. If they don't do that, they have lost their main market advantage, IMO. Even if the balance is 60/40 is essentially means a significantly less good time for the women attending. I don't think it will be and that's why they have the female only chalets all 'on hold'. Not a USP for Ceroc though, I think Southport introduced it first - Ceroc have just taken it a step further in that they enforce it via the wristbands. I'm sure it will be a good weekend.

Missy D
26th-August-2006, 03:45 PM
Just looked and no single woman can book so either I get a sex change pretty quick or I find a man to book with.

jivecat
27th-August-2006, 09:23 AM
I don't think it will be and that's why they have the female only chalets all 'on hold'. Not a USP for Ceroc though, I think Southport introduced it first - Ceroc have just taken it a step further in that they enforce it via the wristbands. I'm sure it will be a good weekend.

If I've understood it correctly, I think Ceroc's aim is to balance 50/50 while Southport, despite being the first to introduce gender balancing only aim to get about a 45M/55W split. I may be wrong here, but I've never had the impression at Southport that numbers are absolutely equal. At the risk of dragging up the ancient gender-balancing arguments there are lots of people who bizarrely believe that a 45/55 split is perfectly OK, even beneficial.

In the case of Bliss, if they have reached their ceiling of women's bookings, say 400, it may be that they will never get enough male bookings at this late stage to catch up, so they will have to renege on the 50/50 pledge. For the organisers it is all a bit of a gamble, unless they set the basic figure for female bookings extremely low and only edge it up bit by bit as men book on -an administrative nightmare, I guess, but definitely worth it from my point of view!

Hell, who cares about their gamble?? What about my gamble in committing time and hard earned money to a dance event that I won't get much dancing at??

stewart38
29th-August-2006, 01:36 PM
If I've understood it correctly, I think Ceroc's aim is to balance 50/50 while Southport, despite being the first to introduce gender balancing only aim to get about a 45M/55W split. I may be wrong here, but I've never had the impression at Southport that numbers are absolutely equal. At the risk of dragging up the ancient gender-balancing arguments there are lots of people who bizarrely believe that a 45/55 split is perfectly OK, even beneficial.

In the case of Bliss, if they have reached their ceiling of women's bookings, say 400, it may be that they will never get enough male bookings at this late stage to catch up, so they will have to renege on the 50/50 pledge. For the organisers it is all a bit of a gamble, unless they set the basic figure for female bookings extremely low and only edge it up bit by bit as men book on -an administrative nightmare, I guess, but definitely worth it from my point of view!

Hell, who cares about their gamble?? What about my gamble in committing time and hard earned money to a dance event that I won't get much dancing at??

Firstly when Franco actually put gender balance to a vote half the people were against it (including many women)

A 50/50 split is fine up to midnight when more women tend to 'go home' and your left with far more men on the dance floor. 53W/47M is about right

Once again why are people so against supply and demand ?? They would have to sell mens places cheaper :grin:

David Bailey
29th-August-2006, 01:47 PM
I will be furious if this is the case. The unique selling point of ceroc weekenders is that they say they will balance genders 50/50. If they don't do that, they have lost their main market advantage, IMO. Even if the balance is 60/40 is essentially means a significantly less good time for the women attending.
:yeah: - 60/40 doesn't sound too bad at first.
Then you realize "Hmmm... so a class of 150 would have 30 women over" :eek:
Then you realize "Hmmm... and 50 of those could be fixed partners, so the rest have 65 women for 35 men." :eek: :eek:
Then you think "Blimey, that's twice as many women as men" :eek: :eek: :eek:
Then you think "How long does it take to move on an entire class" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And so on...

I note that they are trying to market the weekend heavily towards complete beginners.
Most Ceroc weekenders are aimed at less-experienced weekender-ers (!) aren't they?

If I've understood it correctly, I think Ceroc's aim is to balance 50/50 while Southport, despite being the first to introduce gender balancing only aim to get about a 45M/55W split. I may be wrong here, but I've never had the impression at Southport that numbers are absolutely equal.
About the same as a normal freestyle I'd say. Whereas Camber was definitely OTT.

SilverFox
29th-August-2006, 01:53 PM
Firstly when Franco actually put gender balance to a vote half the people were against it (including many women)You'll be quoting Blair next..... :whistle:

Cruella
29th-August-2006, 01:55 PM
You'll be quoting Blair next..... :whistle:

Tony or Lionel?

SilverFox
29th-August-2006, 02:17 PM
Tony or Lionel?Sir Ian.:rolleyes:

frodo
29th-August-2006, 08:29 PM
:yeah: - 60/40 doesn't sound too bad at first.
Then you realize "Hmmm... so a class of 150 would have 30 women over" :eek:
Then you realize "Hmmm... and 50 of those could be fixed partners, so the rest have 65 women for 35 men." :eek: :eek:

But aren't more women less likely to do classes relative to freestyle in any case, and in freestyle the problems wouldn't arise.

A quota for people with fixed partners might help - they could have a different colour arm-band (maybe gray) :)

David Bailey
29th-August-2006, 08:47 PM
But aren't more women less likely to do classes relative to freestyle in any case, and in freestyle the problems wouldn't arise.
:confused: Why's that then?

A quota for people with fixed partners might help - they could have a different colour arm-band (maybe gray) :)
Ooh, two armbands. Double the fun. Wheee.

jivecat
29th-August-2006, 08:50 PM
A 50/50 split is fine up to midnight when more women tend to 'go home' and your left with far more men on the dance floor. 53W/47M is about right
As it's rare to get a 50/50 split I would imagine that the reason they leave at midnight is because they're p*ssed off with the lack of dance partners.
Who are these Cinderella types, anyway? I never leave at midnight, I'm always there to the bitter end.

Once again why are people so against supply and demand ?? They would have to sell mens places cheaper :grin:

At the moment I think men should have to pay more for events because they usually get lots more fun due to desperate women having to ask them to dance no matter how rubbish they are because there isn't anyone else to ask.

Most Ceroc weekenders are aimed at less-experienced weekender-ers (!) aren't they?
I got an email from Ceroc a week or so ago explicitly targetting beginners. So I assumed they were fairly desperate to get the numbers up.

Ceroc are hosting a dance weekender and it’s totally suitable for complete beginners and novice dancers.

You may think a Ceroc Dance Weekender is not the place for a Beginner – but on the contrary we have scheduled Beginners Ceroc Classes over this weekend which will give you a structured 3 day Beginners course starting on the Friday night - plus there area also Beginners classes in Lambada, Lindy Hop, Ballroom and Latin American."

They're also offering a discount for people with less than 6 weeks experience.

frodo
29th-August-2006, 10:23 PM
:confused: Why's that then?

Sorry I missed out the following two lines from the quote.

Then you think "Blimey, that's twice as many women as men"
Then you think "How long does it take to move on an entire class"

:Ooh, two armbands. Double the fun. Wheee.Not really - fixed partners wouldn't need a gender.

stewart38
29th-August-2006, 10:30 PM
As it's rare to get a 50/50 split I would imagine that the reason they leave at midnight is because they're p*ssed off with the lack of dance partners.
Who are these Cinderella types, anyway? I never leave at midnight, I'm always there to the bitter end.

Afraid after 12ish they even change the loo signs ,as there is usally only one lady left :sad:

Clive Long
29th-August-2006, 10:35 PM
They're also offering a discount for people with less than 6 weeks experience.
In what?

I think I qualify.

Wodge.

Tessalicious
29th-August-2006, 10:48 PM
But aren't more women less likely to do classes relative to freestyle in any caseWow, you obviously weren't at any of Anton and Erin's classes at Southport then...

To be honest, I will never cease to be amazed by the number of women that continue to do classes in new styles at weekenders when it should be pretty obvious that few of the men are likely to pick it up enough to dance it with them, or in MJ beyond a certain level when all they can learn is how to backlead moves that the men can't lead. I guess they must just do it to meet the men :whistle:

Clive Long
29th-August-2006, 10:49 PM
Wow, you obviously weren't at any of Anton and Erin's classes at Southport then...

To be honest, I will never cease to be amazed by the number of women that continue to do classes in new styles at weekenders when it should be pretty obvious that few of the men are likely to pick it up enough to dance it with them, or in MJ beyond a certain level when all they can learn is how to backlead moves that the men can't lead. I guess they must just do it to meet the men :whistle:
Doomed on all fronts then?

frodo
29th-August-2006, 11:25 PM
Wow, you obviously weren't at any of Anton and Erin's classes at Southport then...
Erin :sad:

I think it is more a style thing than anything else.

Generally for begs latin classes the balance seems to consistently swing to more females, over jive classes, and as you say the men are likely to have initial difficulty.

They could meet men in any MJ class (or WCS) class, so they must really like the style. In the above case they might just have wanted to meet :) the teacher, but it seems a reasonably general trend for the style.

WittyBird
29th-August-2006, 11:28 PM
In what?

I think I qualify.

Not since you did the intermediate workshop Wedge you don't :wink:

Sorry........... LMFAO

ducasi
29th-August-2006, 11:54 PM
Ooh, that's just crying out for a shiny new thread all to itself...

Lynn
30th-August-2006, 01:47 AM
Ooh, that's just crying out for a shiny new thread all to itself...OK, I'll go and post reply to Tess's post on your new thread then. :grin:

Dizzy
31st-August-2006, 04:43 PM
I have decided to book onto Bliss after being persuaded by a friend of mine and booked the tickets the other night to find out that I had to pay a extra surcharge to bring my car and park it :eek:

Has anyone else found this?

The reason I got was that this is so Ceroc can rent the car park across the road from the complex aswell therefore have more parking spaces.

Twirly
31st-August-2006, 04:46 PM
I have decided to book onto Bliss after being persuaded by a friend of mine and booked the tickets the other night to find out that I had to pay a extra surcharge to bring my car and park it :eek:

The reason I got was that this is so Ceroc can rent the car park across the road from the complex aswell therefore have more parking spaces.

Yes - and paid it (for friend's car)

jivecat
31st-August-2006, 04:46 PM

I think it's £10. Daylight robbery.

Lee
31st-August-2006, 04:49 PM
Same for Storm (March) 2007

£10

Lee

Twirly
31st-August-2006, 05:25 PM

Isn't that what they are hoping to prevent?! :rofl: Or midnight robbery even.

jivecat
31st-August-2006, 06:16 PM
Isn't that what they are hoping to prevent?! :rofl: Or midnight robbery even.

Oh yes, why didn't I think of that. How thoughtful of the dear people at Ceroc! Nothing to do with adding a significant whack to their takings then!

To be fair, I think it's mainly to try to avoid pressure on the limited parking space which has caused chaos at past events. Probably won't work, though. I'd be up for car-sharing if anyone else was going from the Midlands.

Lynn
1st-September-2006, 12:36 PM
Not sold out from what I can see. The ladies only chalets were 'on hold' last time I looked. That doesn't mean sold out, it just means that they aren't releasing any more for sale until more men book and the numbers are more balanced. I notice they no longer have female only chalets 'on hold', so more men must have booked and the numbers evened up again.

Georgious dancer
2nd-September-2006, 12:22 PM

You obviously haven't parked in London or the surrounds lately!

Know lets look at the situation. The event is three days long, asuming that you arrive early around 3pm on Friday and don't leave until 10am on Monday morning then you would be paying a mere 14.9p an hour!

If you were going on holiday for three days and parking at the airport this would usually cost a minimum of £7-10 a day so all in all I think it is a bargain.

David Bailey
2nd-September-2006, 01:48 PM
If you were going on holiday for three days and parking at the airport this would usually cost a minimum of £7-10 a day so all in all I think it is a bargain.
Err... so what's Southport then (free parking) - a Super-Duper Bargain?

I know Camber parking facilities are rubbish, and :respect: to Ceroc for organising an alternative.

However, I wonder if this is part of a set of initiatives to make money out of the event, without increasing the headline price - by charging you for everything that you get free with other venues?

In other words, a bit like EasyJet (Ceroc) vs. BA (Southport)?

Tessalicious
2nd-September-2006, 03:32 PM
In other words, a bit like EasyJet (Ceroc) vs. BA (Southport)?And is there anything wrong with that? It works, both as a business strategy and a consumer product.

As someone who is not very well off, I would much prefer to pay a low price for the commodity I am actually going for, and which I cannot do without (ie the dancing/accomodation) and be able to choose whether I pay for the optional extras like parking etc (with the alternative of the cheaper option of car-sharing and therefore cost sharing), than to pay for an expensive weekender with all those things thrown in 'free of charge' regardless of whether I use them or not.

No one wants to pay for their extras, the only difference is between people who want to have them anyway and would prefer the costs to be hidden, or the people who are prepared to go without the extras for the sake of saving a little money. If EasyJet can target this latter group of people (and succeed, and become a popular brand, etc), why can't Ceroc?

David Bailey
2nd-September-2006, 04:04 PM
And is there anything wrong with that? It works, both as a business strategy and a consumer product.
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it - Ceroc is a business, and making money out of dance is fine with me. I just wondered whether this was part of a deliberate strategy to make extras optional, or just a once-off reaction.

No one wants to pay for their extras, the only difference is between people who want to have them anyway and would prefer the costs to be hidden, or the people who are prepared to go without the extras for the sake of saving a little money. If EasyJet can target this latter group of people (and succeed, and become a popular brand, etc), why can't Ceroc?
Just don't import the Ashtons bar staff and their water policy, that's all I ask.

Georgious dancer
2nd-September-2006, 06:00 PM
:yeah: to Tess

I never said that I agreed with Ceroc charging for parking I merely pointed out that really it wasn't that expensive when you really looked at it.

I've never been to Southport for a dance weekender, but what is the cheapest ticket you can get?

David Bailey
2nd-September-2006, 06:35 PM
I've never been to Southport for a dance weekender, but what is the cheapest ticket you can get?
About £110 I think.

It certainly looks like most Ceroc weekenders cater to the EasyDance ( :) ) crowd - obviously not Swish, but most others seem to be.

I find it very interesting, and encouraging, that we're now seeing a differentiation appearing within the weekender market.

Who'd have thought, even 2-3 years ago, that we'd have so much choice? :clap:

Lynn
2nd-September-2006, 10:51 PM
I find it very interesting, and encouraging, that we're now seeing a differentiation appearing within the weekender market.

Who'd have thought, even 2-3 years ago, that we'd have so much choice? :clap:I still think its too many, too fast. But I'm happy to be proved wrong by Bliss selling out.

jivecat
3rd-September-2006, 12:18 PM
You obviously haven't parked in London or the surrounds lately!

Know lets look at the situation. The event is three days long, asuming that you arrive early around 3pm on Friday and don't leave until 10am on Monday morning then you would be paying a mere 14.9p an hour!

Take your point about London (or any city) parking charges. But there is an assumption that residential events of various sorts do not involve an extra charge for parking. For example, if I book a room at a hotel or a B&B the owners of the business are usually at pains to offer free parking as part of the service. Rightly, or wrongly, we have come to expect this to be the case, except where space is at a premium, for example, in London.

For most people, public transport to Camber is not a realistic option. I would car-share if I could but in practice this is not particularly easy to arrange. So I can see that Ceroc will be receiving a lot of £10s. Seeing as extra parking was free last time, I'm not sure how they justify the sudden hike in charges. I think £5 per car would have more reasonable.

I can see why they want to try to relieve pressure on parking and car-use on the site. But the chaos in March was caused by people needing to take their car onsite in order to unload before leaving again to park on the field, and by the deposit system which they enforced. (Though that was done, IMO, as helpfully and smoothly as possible under trying circumstances.) That is still going to happen despite the £10 fee.

Twirly
3rd-September-2006, 01:04 PM
I remembered reading something about the car parking when I was booking, so just went back to look at the Bliss FAQ. If anyone is concerned, do go have a look as it explains their rationale in full (whether you agree with it or not is a different matter). One snippet I thought might be useful to explain things:

The £10 will also help pay for the car park we hire for our exclusive use and the security team who manage the car park 24 hours a day. We will also be providing stewards with torches to monitor the walk back from the car park to the site as this was raised as a problem after our last event.

It does look as though there is a free car park too, but I get the impression that it's first come, first served.

What I had forgotton/not noticed, was that if you are parking offsite, but want to drive onto the site to deposit your luggage at your chalet, they want you to give them a £50 cash deposit which they will return when you leave the site (you have to leave by the same gate). Well I very rarely carry that much cash on me, and chances are, even if I have it at the start, I won't have it by the end to collect the luggage as I'll have spent it...

jivecat
3rd-September-2006, 09:51 PM
It does look as though there is a free car park too, but I get the impression that it's first come, first served.I think this is somewhat unfair if it turns out to be the case.

What I had forgotton/not noticed, was that if you are parking offsite, but want to drive onto the site to deposit your luggage at your chalet, they want you to give them a £50 cash deposit which they will return when you leave the site (you have to leave by the same gate). Well I very rarely carry that much cash on me, and chances are, even if I have it at the start, I won't have it by the end to collect the luggage as I'll have spent it...
This is what happened in March. The guy at the gate kept my credit card in lieu of a deposit, which was convenient. Arriving at a weekender late in the evening after a day at work and a long drive is pretty stressful so I did appreciate a cooperative attitude on the part of the organisers. Don't know if they'll do the same this time.

24 hour security seems a bit over the top to me. Nobody watches over my car during the night when it's parked outside my house in Leicester! I'm not unduly worried about it surviving unscathed at Camber. But I guess some people worry about this sort of thing.

Heard today there are only 400 or so booked on.

Twirly
3rd-September-2006, 09:55 PM
Heard today there are only 400 or so booked on.

:really: Oh my God - that doesn't sound good! I wasn't worried about it being a bit quieter since it's my first one, but that's ridiculous

jivecat
3rd-September-2006, 11:36 PM
:really: Oh my God - that doesn't sound good! I wasn't worried about it being a bit quieter since it's my first one, but that's ridiculous

Yeah, I agree. But there'll be lots of room to dance! (Half-full)

WittyBird
4th-September-2006, 05:49 PM
Schedule is Here (http://ceroc.com/bliss/) if anyone is interested

Simon r
4th-September-2006, 05:53 PM
Schedule is Here (http://ceroc.com/bliss/) if anyone is interested

This is the schedule fron the last weekender its the same on both.I think it says somewhere this is what the schedule might be like

They have not put the schedule out to the public yet. do not know why

WittyBird
4th-September-2006, 06:02 PM
This is the schedule fron the last weekender its the same on both.I think it says somewhere this is what the schedule might be like

They have not put the schedule out to the public yet. do not know why

Yes you're right and I'm wrong. Thank you for pointing that out :D

Simon r
4th-September-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes you're right and I'm wrong. Thank you for pointing that out :D

I did the same thing ( rang Ceroc said " i thought we were teaching ") and then had it pointed out.
:blush:

WittyBird
4th-September-2006, 06:07 PM
I did the same thing ( rang Ceroc said " i thought we were teaching ") and then had it pointed out.
:blush:

HeeHee, so what's the schedule then Simon? :wink:

Simon r
4th-September-2006, 06:16 PM
HeeHee, so what's the schedule then Simon? :wink:

I don't think i can publish without permision i will send an emai to val to see if i can publish both weekenders schedules.

WittyBird
4th-September-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think i can publish without permision i will send an emai to val to see if i can publish both weekenders schedules.

That's very kind of you thank you, You can always PM it to me, as I am doing both :rofl:

dancecrazy
5th-September-2006, 12:33 PM
So what's the best weekend to go to then, if I were to choose one? Breeze, Storm etc, or Franco's Camber?

jivecat
5th-September-2006, 02:55 PM
So what's the best weekend to go to then, if I were to choose one? Breeze, Storm etc, or Franco's Camber?

They're all pretty similar. Pick one where the seaside's nice or your mates are going.

Franco's Camber doesn't claim to balance male/female in any way, the rest do. I wouldn't pick Franco's Camber for that reason and now we have a choice.

Pick a small event if you like the cosy, friendly touch. Pick a big event if you want a huge variety of people to dance with.

If you can get a £29 or £59 ticket then go for it as they're all providing much the same product. Lessons all day, dancing all night.

If you like blues, pick Camber as the blues room's bigger. If you like Latin, pick Southport 'cos there's a Latin room.

If you really like a nice room to sleep in best not pick Southport, too risky.

If you're a relative beginner then you would probably be happy at any of them. If you're an experienced dancer Southport might be a safer bet.

dancecrazy
5th-September-2006, 07:44 PM
Where do all the best dancers go? Franco's or Ceroc weekends?

jivecat
5th-September-2006, 08:40 PM

No idea! Let me know when you find out!

Missy D
5th-September-2006, 10:04 PM
I am definately going:clap: No sister this time:sad: She was thinking of sneaking in the kids and animals but realised the Thoroughbred horse would not fit into the Fiesta.

David Bailey
6th-September-2006, 09:10 AM
Hmmm, MacDonalds or Burger King? Decisions decisions... :na:

Seriously, I think all the big weekenders will have a range of abilities. It may differ a little - Ceroc weekenders are aimed more at the new-to-weekender market, and Southport is aimed more at the experienced-weekender market - but you'll get lots of great dancers at all of them, simply because of the numbers involved.

I suspect some of the smaller weekenders (Beach Boogie etc.) may have a higher average standard, however.

dancecrazy
6th-September-2006, 10:35 AM
Hmmm, MacDonalds or Burger King? Decisions decisions... :na:

Seriously, I think all the big weekenders will have a range of abilities. It may differ a little - Ceroc weekenders are aimed more at the new-to-weekender market, and Southport is aimed more at the experienced-weekender market - but you'll get lots of great dancers at all of them, simply because of the numbers involved.

I suspect some of the smaller weekenders (Beach Boogie etc.) may have a higher average standard, however.

What if you were a teacher, would you choose Ceroc or Franco? Because I think they have this policy now not allowing teachers to go to other organizer's events, don't they? ( I may be wrong ) :confused:

David Bailey
6th-September-2006, 10:51 AM
What if you were a teacher, would you choose Ceroc or Franco? Because I think they have this policy now not allowing teachers to go to other organizer's events, don't they? ( I may be wrong ) :confused:
Last I heard, one of them had that policy - I think it was Franco, but I could be wrong. Sounds like a Franco "toys-out-of-pram" thing to do.

If I were a teacher... Ooooh, the power, the fame, the glamour... :waycool: And I'd be a Good dancer too, being a teacher and all... :na:

Seriously, if I were a teacher, I'd go where the business was.

Ask yourself, what do you actually want from the weekender - what are your requirements / main criteria? Location? Facilities? Size? Classes? DJs / Teachers? Are-my-mates-going?

There'll be good dancers at every weekender, so I don't know if "Dancer ability" is a good criteria to choose. If I had to pick a big weekender at which there'll definitely be lots of good dancers, then the June/September Southport weekenders are the best bet.

El Salsero Gringo
6th-September-2006, 11:03 AM
Hmmm, MacDonalds or Burger King? Decisions decisions... :na: Surely by now you've worked out that burgers are what you want when you've not had chicken? Now KFC, that's a real meal.

Tango weekender anyone? :whistle:

spindr
6th-September-2006, 12:47 PM
Last I heard, one of them had that policy - I think it was Franco, but I could be wrong. Sounds like a Franco "toys-out-of-pram" thing to do.
I know several teachers / demos / and event organisers who've been to Franco's events at Camber.

SpinDr

Lynn
6th-September-2006, 12:55 PM
What if you were a teacher, would you choose Ceroc or Franco? Because I think they have this policy now not allowing teachers to go to other organizer's events, don't they? ( I may be wrong ) :confused:I think its that they aren't allowed to teach at both events. They can, as far as I know, attend.

Chef
6th-September-2006, 01:14 PM

I first started going to weekenders in 1999. At that time I saw my Ceroc teacher there and they spent a lot of time trying to not be seen as they explained to me that they were not allowed to be at another organisers events and they would get a severe b$llocking if spotted.

It did seem really funny though when attending the venue of the person that would have been dishing out these b$llockings only a few weeks later when they were introducing "brand new ceroc moves" to find myself doing all the stuff I had learned in the classes at the non-ceroc weekender.

Still that was then and this is now. Just after Mike Ellard took over Ceroc I was stunned to find a Ceroc franchise holder and a large number of their teachers attending a non-Ceroc weekender. Either the policy has now changed or it was merely a bit of market research and the ban is still in place except when you want to see what your future oppostion in the weekender market is up to.

David Bailey
6th-September-2006, 01:43 PM
I know several teachers / demos / and event organisers who've been to Franco's events at Camber.
Sorry, I was talking about teaching, not attending.

I think this was the Feb Camber or something - when Storm started up, Franco was throwing a hissy fit about it, and I heard he banned someone from teaching at his event because he was also teaching at Storm. Simon Borland, maybe?

All this is down to my very dim recollection, so could be complete rubbish of course. As indeed could everything I write.

Gav
14th-September-2006, 09:48 AM
Well Bliss is going to be my first weekender and even though the grapevine is saying there won't be many there, I'm still as excited as a schoolboy and I hope there's lots more people booking now.

Anyway, I'm going all on my lonesome (Billy no mates!!) and I'm new to the forum too, so please come and say hello if you see me.

http://pix.dontstayin.com/0a/17/0a170ffa-465d-48be-ac9a-bb6bd47840f0.jpg

Twirly
14th-September-2006, 09:51 AM
Well Bliss is going to be my first weekender and even though the grapevine is saying there won't be many there, I'm still as excited as a schoolboy and I hope there's lots more people booking now.

Anyway, I'm going all on my lonesome (Billy no mates!!) and I'm new to the forum too, so please come and say hello if you see me.

My first weekender too :D

My pic is on my profile - so if you recognise me, also come and say hello - and ask me to dance :flower:

Dizzy
14th-September-2006, 09:56 AM

http://pix.dontstayin.com/0a/17/0a170ffa-465d-48be-ac9a-bb6bd47840f0.jpg

Don't worry Gav, there will be lots of forumites there, including me so there will be no need to be on your own :flower: :hug:. My picture is all over the forum so please come and have a dance and chat and I will introduce you to everyone :clap: (apart from Twirly as I haven't met her yet!! :blush: )

Twirly, we must meet too :hug:

Twirly
14th-September-2006, 09:59 AM

Absolutely - looking forward to it :clap: :hug:

WittyBird
14th-September-2006, 10:00 AM

Will introduce u both :na:

Gav
14th-September-2006, 10:31 AM
Cool.
I'll be the one walking around staring at people with the confused look of partial recognition on his face! :D

Yogi_Bear
14th-September-2006, 12:37 PM
Absolutely - looking forward to it :clap: :hug:
Twirly we must meet too....:grin:

Bubbalou
14th-September-2006, 12:45 PM

And so must we!!! :kiss:

Twirly
14th-September-2006, 12:46 PM

Absolutely! :grin: Looking forward to it. Right, that's two dances lined up, only another few hundred (:confused: - or however many) to go :D

Twirly
14th-September-2006, 12:48 PM
Yep - though unless you can lead, we're probably not talking dancing there! :na:

I feel a nice little party coming on. Found out last night that one of my regular dance partners at my local venue is going too. Getting excited! :clap:

And to think when I booked that I was worried I wouldn't know/meet anyone :rolleyes:

Woohoo!:D

TheTramp
14th-September-2006, 12:49 PM
I feel a nice little party coming on. Found out last night that one of my regular dance partners at my local venue is going too. Getting excited! :clap:

And to think when I booked that I was worried I wouldn't know/meet anyone :rolleyes:

Woohoo!:D

Is this like going along to dancing with your friends?? :whistle:

Twirly
14th-September-2006, 12:58 PM
Is this like going along to dancing with your friends?? :whistle:

*give the Tramp a very hard stare*

Nah - how can it be, I haven't met them yet? And almost booked to go on my own (v v scary :what: )

Though as the saying goes, "Strangers are friends you just haven't met yet". :D

TheTramp
14th-September-2006, 01:04 PM
*give the Tramp a very hard stare*

Is that the best you can do? That's nothing. I've had far worse done to me on here! :rolleyes:

Nah - how can it be, I haven't met them yet? And almost booked to go on my own (v v scary :what: )

I thought we were talking about one of your regular dance partners!

Though as the saying goes, "Strangers are friends you just haven't met yet". :D

Are you sure that they're not just acquaintances you haven't met yet?? :flower:

Twirly
14th-September-2006, 01:27 PM
Is that the best you can do? That's nothing. I've had far worse done to me on here! :rolleyes:

You haven't seen one of my withering stares obviously... maybe I should've called myself medusa on here :devil:

I thought we were talking about one of your regular dance partners!

I only found out he was going last night - I booked in July!

Are you sure that they're not just acquaintances you haven't met yet?? :flower:

Oh I was just fast forwarding through the stages. I like to be optimistic. :D

Gentabout
14th-September-2006, 02:03 PM
I am realy looking forward to Bliss, have taken the precaution of booking a few days of work after to recover, although i doubt i will get much dancing as i will be left standing in the corner with the ugly blokes :sick:, but i am still looking forward to it. Never been on a weekender before so will be a whole new experience and i might even learn something that i can use after. Mostly looking forward to the double trouble class, got to try and expand on my 6 moves, as 2 bored ladies is hard to deal with.

Gent

TheTramp
14th-September-2006, 02:07 PM
You haven't seen one of my withering stares obviously... maybe I should've called myself medusa on here :devil:

I only found out he was going last night - I booked in July!

Ah. Okie. I'm scared. :tears: Happy now?

And now you've had this experience, think how much you'll enjoy doing the same again in future. With friends :whistle:

Twirly
14th-September-2006, 02:08 PM
I am realy looking forward to Bliss, have taken the precaution of booking a few days of work after to recover, although i doubt i will get much dancing as i will be left standing in the corner with the ugly blokes :sick:, but i am still looking forward to it. Never been on a weekender before so will be a whole new experience and i might even learn something that i can use after. Mostly looking forward to the double trouble class, got to try and expand on my 6 moves, as 2 bored ladies is hard to deal with.

Gent

I'm sure you'll have plenty of dances. Come ask me anyway.

I'm wondering if we should have a "forumites first weekender" do! :D

Gav
14th-September-2006, 02:22 PM

Gent

You're lucky, I'm hosting a conference in Crawley from Tuesday to Thursday. Hope they won't mind me snoring through the presentations and hobbling around on my sore feet! :grin:

MartinHarper
14th-September-2006, 03:19 PM
I should book and stuff. Been months since my last weekender.

Then you realize "Hmmm... so a class of 150 would have 30 women over"

Unlikely. The women are all off in the female-only style/poledancing/stripping class.

Frankie_4711
14th-September-2006, 05:25 PM

Gent

Don't worry! Once I work out which corner it is you're standing in, you won't be there for very long!

Minnie M
20th-September-2006, 08:48 PM
I think its that they aren't allowed to teach at both events. They can, as far as I know, attend.

:yeah: that is correct Lynn
Franco's policy is that if you only teach at one CAMBER event - saves confusion - putting it into context it is not really a bad policy :yeah:

Gentabout
21st-September-2006, 12:43 AM
Don't worry! Once I work out which corner it is you're standing in, you won't be there for very long!

I won't hide to well then :innocent:

Gent

Will
21st-September-2006, 01:18 AM
Sorry, I was talking about teaching, not attending.

I think this was the Feb Camber or something - when Storm started up, Franco was throwing a hissy fit about it, and I heard he banned someone from teaching at his event because he was also teaching at Storm. Simon Borland, maybe?

All this is down to my very dim recollection, so could be complete rubbish of course. As indeed could everything I write.
I can't comment about Simon Borland, but this is what happened to Kate & I.

We were all signed up to teach at one of Franco's weekenders and then about a month or two before, I received an email asking me to confirm that we would not be teaching at Ceroc Storm. I explained to Franco that as Ceroc affiliated teachers we would be teaching at Storm too. I then got an email back saying that we'd therefore be dropped from his teaching line-up.

To be fair, it didn't feel like he was throwing his toys out of the pram as he went to great lengths to assure me that it was nothing personal but that he wanted to offer a distinct and seperate product to Ceroc and that business was business.

I did email him back and offer to ensure we taught different classes at the 2 events, but this didn't seem to make any difference....

C'est la vie!

stewart38
21st-September-2006, 04:05 PM

Gent

Nothing wrong with 6 moves

from 8 moves stewart38 :nice:

David Bailey
21st-September-2006, 04:20 PM
Franco's policy is that if you only teach at one CAMBER event - saves confusion - putting it into context it is not really a bad policy :yeah:
Umm, don't understand. Why is reducing punter choice a good policy?

Sorry, but for all the stuff we say about Ceroc sharp practices, Franco's got form in the anti-competition area - look at all that stuff he did regarding gender balancing a while back ("If you're not allowed in, sue them!" or whatever it was).

Franco of course can do whatever he wants to promote / protect his business interests. But I can't see a reduction of choice in teachers being a good thing for class attendees.

OK, it may well be that Ceroc, if they get into a monopoly position, might also attempt to abuse that position in that same way at some point in the future. But they don't do this at the moment, despite being probably the biggest weekender operative already - and you could say that about any organisation in a monopoly situation.

In the weekender market, Ceroc so far has tried to compete by offering high-quality product. Nothing wrong with that (except for the wristbands...)

MaxBeat
25th-September-2006, 11:42 AM
Please understand that a reduction of choice happens when the choice of teaching is limited, which is exactly what I am trying to avoid. Therfore, if the teachers are always the same at all weekenders, than it follows that your choice as a customer is being diminished. On top of that, you will undersatnd that just like everything else in life, when there is too much of the same, people tend to lose interest. By keeping teh events as different as possible, and that means also different teachers, I am hoping to keep people's interst high, as the products would be indeed different.

MaxBeat = Franco

fletch
25th-September-2006, 11:57 AM
Nothing wrong with 6 moves

from 8 moves stewart38 :nice:

:yeah:

I would much rather have 6/8 moves done correctly :clap: than 99 done badly, bounced around and all my hair fluffed up :sick:

Minnie M
25th-September-2006, 07:03 PM

I would much rather have 6/8 moves done correctly :clap: than 99 done badly, bounced around and all my hair fluffed up :sick:
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:

Mr Cool
25th-September-2006, 10:06 PM

What about us poor blokes who only Know four moves youre giving me a complex:blush: :blush:

:waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

Gav
26th-September-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey it's nearly upon us and I'm as excited as a schoolboy before his birthday! :clap:

Being new to the forum and a weekender virgin, excuse the question if it's an obvious one, but do you guys plan a forumites get together?

It'd be nice to put some faces to names and have a dance with you MJ legends! :worthy:

Twirly
26th-September-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey it's nearly upon us and I'm as excited as a schoolboy before his birthday! :clap:

Being new to the forum and a weekender virgin, excuse the question if it's an obvious one, but do you guys plan a forumites get together?

It'd be nice to put some faces to names and have a dance with you MJ legends! :worthy:

:yeah: I know a few people who are going from here, but not all. It'd be easy to miss alot of you - and miss dancing with you...

WittyBird
26th-September-2006, 11:10 AM

We normally meet in the blues room to the right of the stage on the seats inbetween the bar and the stage on the friday night around 9PM :D Hope to see you there.

Gav
26th-September-2006, 11:19 AM
We normally meet in the blues room to the right of the stage on the seats inbetween the bar and the stage on the friday night around 9PM :D Hope to see you there.

Guess you've done this once or twice before then! :rolleyes:

C u there Twirly, WittyBird and everyone else. :grin:

WittyBird
26th-September-2006, 11:27 AM

once or twice maybe :blush:

Absolutely :clap:

3 sleeps to go :D

Yogi_Bear
26th-September-2006, 10:29 PM

see you there...

Minnie M
27th-September-2006, 07:34 AM

9pm :confused: (far too early) AFAIK at Camber it has always been 10:30 to 11pm much more civilised (Southport's meeting time is 9pm)

WittyBird
27th-September-2006, 10:14 AM
9pm :confused: (far too early) AFAIK at Camber it has always been 10:30 to 11pm much more civilised (Southport's meeting time is 9pm)

My Memory sucks :whistle:

fletch
27th-September-2006, 01:29 PM
My Memory sucks :whistle:

its not fair :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Fletch wan'ts to come :hug:

i'm not feeling the love :flower:

Twirly
27th-September-2006, 01:30 PM
So is it 9 or 11? :confused:

fletch
27th-September-2006, 01:33 PM

it will be 11 ...but who cares :na:

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Gav
27th-September-2006, 01:33 PM

you could join me there at 9 and we'll just get pissed 'til everyone else turns up! :D

Gav
27th-September-2006, 01:36 PM
it will be 11 ...but who cares :na:

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

aaaawww :hug: , c'mon fletch, there's still spaces available?

WittyBird
27th-September-2006, 01:37 PM
you could join me there at 9 and we'll just get pissed 'til everyone else turns up! :D

Drinking on a weekender :tut: Totally unheard of :whistle:
I will be at the bar drinking water :innocent:

Twirly
27th-September-2006, 01:39 PM

:rofl: :cheers: I expect that at 9 I'll still be in the chalet arguing about dinner with my non-forumite friend that I'm coming with. Am not sure she realises the consequences of my plans to meet up with you lot! :rofl: I hope you'll be nice to her... :rolleyes:

fletch
27th-September-2006, 01:50 PM
aaaawww :hug: , c'mon fletch, there's still spaces available?

I had a place booked before I relised it was the same date as my sons 9th birthday, (30th) you carn't do 'em all.

I will be at the bar drinking water :innocent:

Good :na: I don't wan't you having to much fun without me :D

Roll on next weekend :clap:

WittyBird
27th-September-2006, 01:53 PM
Good :na: I don't wan't you having to much fun without me :D

Will write down ALL my movements and take photographic evidence so you feel like you were there :whistle:

Paul F
27th-September-2006, 05:02 PM
Typical bloke.

With 2 days until Bliss I want to go now :rolleyes:

Twirly
27th-September-2006, 05:06 PM
Typical bloke.

With 2 days until Bliss I want to go now :rolleyes:

You can still go - they even have the sharing with a stranger places available for guys if you want to go cheap :grin:

Paul F
27th-September-2006, 05:09 PM
You can still go - they even have the sharing with a stranger places available for guys if you want to go cheap :grin:

Its the sharing with a stranger thing that makes me a little wary. :sick:

Twirly
27th-September-2006, 05:22 PM
Its the sharing with a stranger thing that makes me a little wary. :sick:

I don't blame you... they've got single, non-sharing accomodation available too. Bit more expensive, but what's that to feeding your addiction? :devil:

Paul F
27th-September-2006, 05:25 PM
I don't blame you... they've got single, non-sharing accomodation available too. Bit more expensive, but what's that to feeding your addiction? :devil:

Hmmm. Will look into that. Thanks.

SnowWhite
27th-September-2006, 05:33 PM

Gav - Like your thinking!!!

I won't be getting there til Saturday tho :what:

Does drinking plan still apply on Sat?

Minnie M
27th-September-2006, 05:41 PM

BTW we tend to leave our 'stuff' in the now named "FORUM AREA" every evening at Camber (Ceroc & JiveTime) so if you miss the meeting time you should still be able to meet up with us all.

As you come in the dance room on the ground floor (not sure of the name Ceroc have given it) the area we meet up is between the stage and the bar (as per Witty's post earlier) wont be difficult to know who we are :whistle:

Frankie_4711
27th-September-2006, 06:05 PM
I'll be there ... although I can't get there til about midnight/1am as I managed to inadvertently book myself theatre tickets for the Friday evening :rolleyes: , so will come down afterwards. Presumably you won't be going anywhere ...

Paul F
27th-September-2006, 08:19 PM
Dont want to speak too soon but it looks like i might be able to make it :clap:

Im looking forward to it now. I was v v v impressed with the last one.

Bubbalou
27th-September-2006, 10:56 PM
Dont want to speak too soon but it looks like i might be able to make it :clap:

Im looking forward to it now. I was v v v impressed with the last one.

I did post previously and mention that I have a male wristband going begging if anyone is interested. No accomodation with it tho but the offer is there even if you wanted to pop down for one night or something?

Anyway, anyone interested please PM me as I wont be able to get into here again before Friday....................

Can't wait, so excited.!!!!! Will see you guys at 9pm:clap: :clap:

Fletch, you will be missed honey

Lou :kiss: :kiss:

Twirly
28th-September-2006, 09:49 AM
Fletch, you will be missed honey

Lou :kiss: :kiss:

I think it's a shame too - haven't met you yet Fletch but was hoping to. :hug:

Chef
28th-September-2006, 09:59 AM
Can anyone help me?

This will be the first time I have gone to Camber with Ceroc. I have booked online and my transaction has been accepted (I have a transaction code)but I have recieved no tickets in the post and no parking voucher for on site parking.

What is the procedure for getting past the gate guards to get registered?

How to I get to my on site parking without having to give the front gate guards £50?

Thanks for any help.

WittyBird
28th-September-2006, 10:03 AM
Can anyone help me?

This will be the first time I have gone to Camber with Ceroc. I have booked online and my transaction has been accepted (I have a transaction code)but I have recieved no tickets in the post and no parking voucher for on site parking.

What is the procedure for getting past the gate guards to get registered?

How to I get to my on site parking without having to give the front gate guards £50?

Thanks for any help.

Hey Babes

They've got a list of names at the gate re the parking ( I had to query this)
You'll then be given a thingy to stick on your mirror (not the compact the one in car )

You don't receive any tickets that's all done when you get there. :rofl: If you look on one of the emails theres a number to call and they can explain it all better than me :rolleyes:

You can get through the gates and when you go and get your keys they issue a wristband

Hope this helps

Looking forward to seeing you :flower:

Chef
28th-September-2006, 10:15 AM
Hey Babes

They've got a list of names at the gate re the parking ( I had to query this)
You'll then be given a thingy to stick on your mirror (not the compact the one in car )

You don't receive any tickets that's all done when you get there. :rofl: If you look on one of the emails theres a number to call and they can explain it all better than me :rolleyes:

You can get through the gates and when you go and get your keys they issue a wristband

Hope this helps

Looking forward to seeing you :flower:

Thanks for letting me know. I was starting to get an uneasy feeling that I had missed something and it was all going to get a bit of a crisis when I turned up at the gate.

I tried phoning the number on the email but didn't get any human contact and just thought I would get a timely response from the forum (as I did).

Let the play time begin. See you there.

Minnie M
28th-September-2006, 10:27 AM
Witty has explained it really well ...... however. for further clarification this is part of the email the 'group leaders' got

Parking
You can only park on-site if you have purchased a parking space in advance (this was option X).

If you have not booked a car park permit you will be able to drive on-site to drop your bags off subject to a £50 cash deposit with the gate staff. Your deposit will be refunded providing that you leave the site within 60 minutes.

We had booked the council car park adjacent to the site but as of the
time of writing we are unable to confirm this.

If you have booked a car parking space then when you arrive at the gate to the site your name will be on a list. We will take your car registration number and you will be given a parking voucher which you have to hang from your rear view mirror.

Check-in times
Registration will commence from 2.00pm and will be held in the main lobby area on the ground floor.

Music will be played from 3.00pm in the main Thunderball Room for anyone wishing to start their freestyle dancing early.

The entertainment proper will start with dancing from 6.00pm and the weekend is officially kicking off with the first class of the evening commencing at 7.00pm

You will be greeted at the registration room and asked to complete a registration form with the name of your group leader and your personal details.

You will then be directed to a numbered table dependant upon the first letter of your group leader's surname. You will then queue at your designated table to pick up your gender specific coloured wristbands.

When called forward you will hand over your registration form to the person at the desk and you will be given an appropriate wristband in exchange which will have your apartment number written on it.

You will then be directed to a central table to pick up your ''Bliss'' Pack where a Ceroc Crew member will assist you in suitably fixing your wristband, after which you will be handed an envelope which contains a Planet ''Bliss'' map and your ''Bliss'' programme.

Guests are required to put their wristbands on before leaving the registration room. As stated, Ceroc Crew will be on hand to assist with fitting your wristbands and will cut off any excess length.

Keys
Pontins only provide two keys per apartment, if however you require additional keys these can be arranged on site via the Pontins reception for a deposit of £5.00 per key.

marty_baby
28th-September-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm confused....
Reading this stuff more closely....

Am I right in thinking:

..... So there is a Ceroc Weekender at Camber - THIS WEEKEND
...also another one - at Camber - Next WEEKEND?????

Is this normal? Or bit of a one off? Is this something we can expect from now on - weekenders every week? Wouldn't the buzz of doing weekenders die - if it is over done???

Martin :confused:

WittyBird
28th-September-2006, 11:03 AM
You're wrong Marty :na:
Camber this weekend
WSM - next weekend :clap:

Tessalicious
28th-September-2006, 11:03 AM
Nope.

There is a Ceroc weekender at Camber this weekend, yes.

Next weekend, there is a Ceroc weekender at Brean in Somerset.

Sometime in November, t'other guy's having his Camber weekender.

Maybe for some people the buzz of weekenders will die if they are overdone - but I think that is up to the individual who chooses to go on them or not. Ask underpar if he'd like the number of weekenders to go back down to 2 a year.

Paul F
28th-September-2006, 11:09 AM
Is this normal? Or bit of a one off? Is this something we can expect from now on - weekenders every week? Wouldn't the buzz of doing weekenders die - if it is over done???

Martin :confused:

Its an interesting question.

At the moment (although waiting on news for Breeze - WSM) I am looking at going to both events i.e. one tomorrow and one next Friday.
The one tomorrow will be very interesting as there is not many of, what I would describe as, the 'usual' suspects going.
By that I mean there is a lot fewer people that I know who are going to be there.

It will certainly be an interesting experience and I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new people BUT will the 2 back to back weekenders prove a little deflating - will have to wait and see!

stewart38
28th-September-2006, 12:07 PM
Nope.

Maybe for some people the buzz of weekenders will die if they are overdone - but I think that is up to the individual who chooses to go on them or not. Ask underpar if he'd like the number of weekenders to go back down to 2 a year.

Yes the days when November was sold out in May :tears:

At least thats only a problem for women now :what:

I think there is gender balance on this now, which given what 500 places left it a bit silly.

If i was women id feel very pieved

Paul F
28th-September-2006, 02:52 PM
Im confused....again!

I have just been reading the Bliss website and noticed the part which says

"The only real negative feedback was about the external car park."

Surely that can't have been the case.

Ceroc did everything it could do and I for one was very grateful to them for doing so.

It sounds like there were a number of complaints from people despite the fact that:
1. Ceroc employed a marshall to 'stand guard' over the external car park
2. They bothered to provide an external car park in the first place +
3. Still allowed you to drive in using a deposit which was returned in full

Now, I have been known to complain about things in the past :blush: but even I despair when hearing complaints like this.

No point to the post. Just wanted to say so :flower:

stewart38
29th-September-2006, 09:41 AM
Im confused....again!

I have just been reading the Bliss website and noticed the part which says

Ceroc did everything it could do and I for one was very grateful to them for doing so.

It sounds like there were a number off complaints from people despite the fact that:
1. Ceroc employed a marshall to 'stand guard' over the external car park
2. They bothered to provide an external car park in the first place +
3. Still allowed you to drive in using a deposit which was returned in full

Now, I have been known to complain about things in the past :blush: but even I despair when hearing complaints like this.

No point to the post. Just wanted to say so :flower:

They probably didnt get any negative feed back apart from people who didnt know about £50 deposit on gate

In fact as i was one of the last to leave camber in March as i had a puncture from no doubt leaving my car of site and i didnt complain

No if you can charge £7,000 (700 * £10) why not good business sense to me :sad:

Im assuming you can still book in to midnight (cant see anything about it on e-mail)

Im also assuming if you arrive at 10pm and have paid your £10 you guaranteed a car parking place , its going to be interesting :whistle:

David Bailey
29th-September-2006, 01:17 PM

Sure it can - all the other negative feedback, that was all imaginary. :na:

Come on, get, err, real.

The only reason that statement is on the site is to promote a new feature - the car park. Ceroc isn't in the business of publicising complaints about its own events on its own website.

It's about as realistic as the frequency of questions in a standard FAQ - in other words, it's just a marketing device.

WittyBird
2nd-October-2006, 05:56 AM
WOW, What a weekend.
Will post a proper review when I get home :grin:

Had mixed feelings and wasn't expecting a lot but WOW. Had some amazing dances.

Chef helped me so much with my WCS it's untrue - You're a star. I also Hogged PaulF most of the weekend :clap: You're amazing, thank you.

Twitty xx

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-October-2006, 01:01 PM
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!!

I had what can only be described as a fantastic weekend!!!!

Great tunes played in the blues room by Gordon, DJ Bunny, Silver Fox, Tessalicious, OXO's and other non forumites :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
Also great tunes from our lovely Erick in the latin quarter and main room :worthy: :clap:

There were a few down sides, but not that many, and certainly not enough to either ruin my weekend or for me to moan about.

Pic's time :D
Hover over them for names of peeps :grin:

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-October-2006, 01:08 PM
More........... :waycool:

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-October-2006, 01:14 PM
A few more :really:

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-October-2006, 01:20 PM
And more................... :cool:

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-October-2006, 01:24 PM
Lastly......................:clap:

It was lovely to meet more forumites,:clap: I didn't have a bad dance all weekend, Big thanks to all I danced with and lots of appologies for last night I was in a bit of a playful mood sorry guys (especially to Mostly sane, Gav and NZ Monkey whom I think copped the most of it) :blush: :hug: Although the look of concentration on your faces was great :devil:

Lory
2nd-October-2006, 01:50 PM
WOW, What a weekend.
Will post a proper review when I get home :grin:

I shall look forward that. Hopefully it'll get me EVEN MORE in the mood for Breeze than I already am, if thats possible? :what: :na:

Details, we want details! :clap:

Lory
2nd-October-2006, 01:55 PM
From the pic, it looks like they might have added a bit of dance floor in the pub?

Tessalicious
2nd-October-2006, 02:01 PM
They did - it's nice fast flooring too, although there wasn't really room for much of it because of the layout of the room. The same flooring was used to extend the dance area in the main room too, which was cool, and meant the dance floor didn't feel uncomfortably crowded even when it was busy.

Every little bit helps :)

Cruella
2nd-October-2006, 02:04 PM
Only had the sunday night there, but Oh what a night! Took me 5 hours to travel down and on the way i was thinking, am i mad! But it was so worth it in the end. So many good men and no excess women.:clap: The music was fantastic. Courtesy of Eric upstairs and in the blues room, David R (G :whistle: ), Vince (Silverfox) and John Baker (Kryton).
Looking forward to Breeze next weekend. :clap:

Minnie M
2nd-October-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm back now with my chalet key :whistle: It was seeing Mike Ellard on the gate that completely through me as I had the key ready to give in :innocent:

I was a little disappointed with this weekend, possibly because it was a little quiet and it felt that for a lot of people it was a 'warm-up' for next weekend.

Still it did have some very good moments and I did have lots of nice dances (thank you fellas) - and a couple of really nice surprises :clap: mainly the fantastic Foxytunes :respect: wow :worthy: didn't expect that he was on fire (Fire Fox's Foxy Tunes:whistle: )

Being quieter it did have it's advantages though, I had loads of dances with 'H' :drool: and David Rocoff :drool: Spicey :drool: and Simon R :drool: (BTW your cabaret was brill and Nicole looked stunning)

Nice meeting up with some 'old' forumites and meeting a couple of new ones - (thanks for the dances Gav :hug: )

And my £29 single sharing 'roomie' was delightful - she comes from Whetstone and dances at Ceroc Metro events and classes, and I have now got another really nice dancing friend :yeah: :clap:

And I got to spend a couple of hours alone with the best looking male in the camp (Aston Ellard) :flower: :really: :yeah: :hug:

Paul F
2nd-October-2006, 02:12 PM
Right then.

I was waiting for a bit of downtime so I could write my review. Just got to work so now is as good a time as any :D

Brilliant Weekend :clap:

It's fair to say that I went into the weekender with a fair amount of pessimism given the last minute type nature and the fact that there was only a handful of people going that I knew.

As it turned out I had an absolutely fab time, danced with loads of new peeps and found that I actually enjoyed drinking beer while dancing! (of course not at the same time :) )

Time for a list of my important points :rolleyes: Caffeine at the ready

*takes deep breath*

Bottom Line
:worthy: Respect to Ceroc - again! (im starting to make a habit of this)

Atmosphere/General
Ok, maybe my slight pessimism was validated to some extent as it was a lot quieter than any other weekender I have been on. I did expect this though as it was a kind of last minute thing and with loads of people booking onto Breeze (:clap: cant wait) it was always going to be the case. It meant that many of the classes were smaller in number (a good thing!) but it also meant that rooms like the Latin room and Boudoir (chill out afternoon dancing in the bar type room) were very quiet most of the time.
During the main freestyles in the evening, of course it limited the amount of people you could ask for a dance but, to be honest, you hardly noticed. It just meant you got more time to chat and socialise with those that were there.

Staff. So many kind and helpful crew on hand at many locations throughout the complex. A testament to teamwork.
Interesting to see someone drop a glass on the floor in the blues room only for 2 crew members to descend not more than 20 seconds later clean up. :worthy: Its little things like that that go unnoticed a lot of the time.
Also, once again, Mike himself was there at the exit handing out bottles of water to everyone :worthy:
Little things = big difference

All in all the fact that there were fewer numbers made the other points, to do with the consistent high standard, all the more sweeter.

Flooring
I dont know how much Ceroc pay whoever puts the flooring down and takes it up but its not enough. Fantastic :cheers:
The fixed dancefloors were great but its the temporary floors that impress me no end with Cerocs weekenders so far. There was a combination of ply wood panels (well put together) and a new type of interlocking flooring used. Both performed absolutely perfectly.
I especially noticed the extended dance floor size in the Boudoir (the bar). At Storm it was only very small. Enough for 2 or 3 couples. Now though it is a really good size and so can fit a good number of people. Perfect for those lazy afternoon dances.

Again, the fact that Ceroc knew the numbers were down and yet still provided enough floor space to cover the moon meant all of this is nothing short of astonishing.

Music
What can I say.
I think its a well known fact that I have an opinion or two on music. If its rubbish (for me) I will say so.
FOR ME some of the sets played over the weekend were some of the best sets of music I have heard. I know I will forget someone here but a special thanks to OXOS, John Baker, Tessalicious, Silverfox, Dave Rokov and others. Also to Taz, Mick S and Tessalicious again in the boudoir for some drippingly good tracks :drool: :)
I just had to go up to John Baker at the end of last night (Sunday) and thank him for possibly the greatest set of music. And no, it wasnt all West Coast Swing. There really was a mixture. Awesome. Absolutely awesome.
Of course there was one exception. Friday night saw a set that consisted of every usual MJ blues track going - Perhaps perhaps perhaps, All that Jazz and so on. It was the same set that saw me leave early one evening at Storm. Fine tunes for the main room. In fact I could have just gone up there to hear them.
This was the only exception for me to a superb weekend of music.

Workshops/Teaching
I realise I only took part in 1 workshop but I watched some others so I will comment anyway ;)
First off a big congrats to Mike Ellard. The workshop I actually did (as i was actually awake!) was the Rhumba one. A difficult discipline to teach and a task he pulled off with consumate professionalism and humour. A really entertaining class.
Pretty much the same can be said about the other teachers. I have reservations on some of the teachers that teach at the other weekenders but the Ceroc teachers just seem, well, better. Yeah, I know I am opening myself up here for attacks from some non-believers but they really do stand out for me. Each one had charisma, clarity and purpose and all the ones I saw delivered entertaining workshops.
Kudos!
I did have slight reservations about the actual content of some workshops i.e. does the teacher really know the material they are teaching but ultimately they are not teaching other disciplines to an advanced level (whether that justifies it or not). Also, this reservation is one I have about all weekenders, not just Ceroc.

Facilities/Venue
As far as the actual venue goes it was business as usual. The chalet we had was nice. Ok, not the ritz carlton (more like the inside of a slightly worn vauxhall carlton) but nevertheless it was liveable.
The little extras Ceroc provide were there again - video clinic, films in the chalet, karaoke :sick: and quizzes. They were nice touches although having "its raining men" blasted out off key while you are watching the Rugby is a little off-putting :rofl:

Plenty of water to go round was provided in the water coolers. No queues at the bar (of course the smaller numbers helped) and polite and friendly bartenders.

It was quite hot again - especially on the Saturday night, but I cant see how they could have done much more. Huge fans and rented air movement machines. It's agreed that it would be too costly to air-condition such huge rooms so I guess i cant list the heat as a downside. For future, perhaps a fan or two blowing over and above the tables where people are sitting may be nice. It would allow you to cool off a bit easier.

AND FINALLY.......
Thankyou to each and every person I got a dance with this weekend. Some amazing dances. :hug: :hug:

Ok, thats it.

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 02:55 PM
Only had the sunday night there, but Oh what a night! Took me 5 hours to travel down and on the way i was thinking, am i mad! :

No just passionate about dance :respect:

I was a little disappointed with this weekend, possibly because it was a little quiet

And I got to spend a couple of hours alone with the best looking male in the camp (Aston Ellard) :flower: :really: :yeah: :hug:

we will have to try and liven things up for you this weekend :wink: :D

Lucky you getting a munch os Aston I bet he is a belter :hug:

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 02:57 PM
Taz........

strange positioning of a beer bottle in the first set of photo's :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-October-2006, 02:59 PM
Taz........

strange positioning of a beer bottle in the first set of photo's :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:eek: I didn't even notice that LMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
2nd-October-2006, 03:19 PM
I won't write a version of War & Peace unlike some :whistle:

The Music

Great sets played by OXO's, Tessalicious, Erick, DaveR, Foxy & Jon Baker

I've got to say they were all fantastic but Jon Bakers set last night was the dogs b0ll0cks it was Awesome.

Sack the DJ Sunday afternoon I have 1 Complaint, here goes.......

Please remember this is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

New To London your set was awful, completely undanceable and despite requests from all the people that were in the bar you did nothing about it and basically pleased yourself. :angry:

Well I've said it now.

The Event

Well organised and yes it's the little things that matter. Check in time was minimal

Nice not to see hundreds of predatory women around the edge of the dance floor.

The Dancing

Had some awesome dances with 'regulars' and some fantastic dances with new discoveries.

Just gotta say Silverfox well done.

Like I mentioned earlier I wasn't expecting a lot more of a pre Breeze warm up but it turned out to be superb, I feel like I spent the whole weekend on Cloud9 :clap:

The Funny

Saturday Afternoon I was sat on the step outside the pub enjoying the music in the Boudoir and the fact that nobody was around outside, I just sat there chilling.

Then I see Howard walking by the pub and turning to go through to the Chalets, He didn't see me:eek:

All of a sudden Howard spots a big Seagull and starts chasing it towards the chalets whilst waving his arms up and down and making gull noises. He didn't think anyone saw him :rofl: Until I pointed it out to him later in the evening and he went bright red. I didn't think his legs moved that fast :wink:

All in all a good weekend and roll on Breeze :D
Thank you to everyone who made this weekend what it was for me :yum:

More pics will follow :cheers:

Minnie M
2nd-October-2006, 03:47 PM
..../snip good stuf/.........
Music
FOR ME some of the sets played over the weekend were some of the best sets of music I have heard. I know I will forget someone here but a special thanks to OXOS, John Baker, Tessalicious, Silverfox, Dave Rokov and others......
Great post Paul :yeah: you covered most of what I was thinking.....

Friday's music (the early part) was a little boring then Oxo came on :worthy: and restored my faith in Ceroc DJs - however I was told later by Oxo that the DJs before him had been told to play standard Ceroc pop up to that point. (BTW what a great dancer Oxo is :clap: thanks for the dances :flower: )

Saturday night was a bit flat for me, even though the music was good (that missing buzz we have talked about before) however Sunday was great and the 2 new DJs (to me) The Rok and The Fox made the evening for me :worthy: :respect: :worthy: just lurved their stuff (roll on January)

{rant-time}WHY oh why, were they playing fast Lindy music upstairs - difficult for MJ dancers and for those who can lindy, you have to first look for a lindy dancer (not many there :tears: ) then when you have (at long last) found them and had half a dance.........the next track was a "Thump Thump" :tears: I don't understand, if the DJ decides to play a bit of swing, at least have 2 tracks back to back :sad: {rant-over}

...........More pics will follow :cheers:
- great photos Witty - Birthday girl looked ab fab stunning and her beautiful smile was a sight to see ... hope you had a great weekend Tash :hug:

WittyBird
2nd-October-2006, 03:56 PM
Didn't take many pics this weekend :what:

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 04:07 PM
Is that Nole singing :confused:

glad I didn't go now look's like it was really boring :tears:

:rofl:

Mostlysane
2nd-October-2006, 04:54 PM
Right then.

I was waiting for a bit of downtime so I could write my review. Just got to work so now is as good a time as any :D

:yeah: All of what Paul F said. I wont bother repeating it. He said it all perfectly.

I had a fab weekend. Thanks to everyone. Great to meet so many new forumites.

The only scary moment. despite what they tell you, it is possible to lose the wristbands. Mine fell off within 30 minutes of having it attached. Luckily, i found it on the beach where i'd gone to eat my fish and chips. It's a £99 fee to replace.

Oh and trying to dance to footloose in the main room at 2am. what was i doing in there at that time of day? Should have been chilling out downstairs.

WB and TazzyD: Thanks for the dances guys. You're both ace.

Now, does anyone have a spare ticket for Breeze they could sell me?

OXO'S
2nd-October-2006, 04:56 PM
I just have to say the music over the weekend that was played was simply superb, a special mention to tessalicious, john baker , david, gordon and sally and please forgive if i have missed anybody. The thought that goes into these sets of music and the work to obtain them is bloody dam hard work, but it is so rewarding when you see so many people that are so passionate about their dancing expressing themselves to the music, and when they come upto you and congratulate you on the sets, is very appreciated.:clap:

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 05:17 PM
it is so rewarding when you see so many people that are so passionate about their dancing expressing themselves to the music, and when they come upto you and congratulate you on the sets, is very appreciated.:clap:

I wasn't there OXO'S but I have heard it went well for you :respect:

Roll on the weekend :clap:

Dynamo
2nd-October-2006, 05:38 PM
Didn't take many pics this weekend :what:

We nearly did! still have vivid flashbacks of your "Duet" on stage. :what:

All it appeared to lack was a "Duvet" :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
2nd-October-2006, 05:46 PM
We nearly did! still have vivid flashbacks of your "Duet" on stage. :what:

All it appeared to lack was a "Duvet" :rofl: :rofl:

Hey it was Dirty D's fault :innocent: Just to give you more flashbacks....

Minnie M
2nd-October-2006, 05:55 PM
I wasn't there............

and didn't we know it ................ missed you lots :tears: Do hope your son appreciated the sacrifice his Mummy made for his birthday - he owes us all a dance in the future :yeah:

fletch
2nd-October-2006, 06:00 PM
and didn't we know it ................ missed you lots :tears: Do hope your son appreciated the sacrifice his Mummy made for his birthday - he owes us all a dance in the future :yeah:

carn't rep you :sad:

Thank you :flower: we will make up for it this weekend :clap:

Dynamo
2nd-October-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey it was Dirty D's fault :innocent: Just to give you more flashbacks....

I could tell you just slipped :innocent: , and Dirty caught you just as you landed :wink:

I realise the show had to go on and you had to share one mic. :rofl: :rofl: yes : roll on floor: :rofl:

noel was :waycool: singing, and yourselves of course :flower: & :respect:

Mr Cool
2nd-October-2006, 06:06 PM
I had a great weekend it was very well organised well done Mike :respect:

I enjoy the opportunity to freestyle during the day as well as night :worthy:

Personally I was disappointed with the music downstairs, especially on sat night too contemporary, bland and lacked inspiration, very little Swing :mad: so little music with attitude and very little blood and guts blues.:yeah:

Thanks to all the wonderful ladies who danced with me. :worthy: :worthy: :flower:
:waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

MartinHarper
2nd-October-2006, 06:29 PM
Damn I'm ugly.

general

The temporary flooring was excellent. A few women I danced with found the tiled stuff too fast and preferred dancing on the main floor. I was very happy with both. I thought the diamond area of temporary flooring in the main room was well thought out. From memory, previous weekenders have tiled that entire area, which made it a barrier to moving around the room. The weekend not being fully booked also helped provide plenty of space for dancing.

There were some fancy tokens to give to people who gave good dance, attached to the wristband. I thought this was a lovely idea, and was happy to give one out on Saturday lunchtime. Sadly, they then got caught in my hair and made me cross. Once I'd taken them off and put them in my pocket for safe-keeping, I promptly forgot about them. Oops. Great idea, though.
On that note, my ultra-secure scam-proof wristband fell off on Friday night. Disconcerting.

classes

Yoga - anon - good. Nice start to the day. I'd have preferred a description as "Yoga (All)" to make it clearer that the class was suitable for everyone (well, it seemed to be). The mat recommendation caught me by surprise. Obvious in retrospect.

Groove the Blues (Beg) - David & Val - excellent, 10/10. I've been to a few "beginner blues" classes, and often have left them feeling skeptical on various levels. This class was different, and I loved it. The material was genuinely foundational blues material, with no choreographed junk, and no flash/trash. Best class I went to.

Fast and Furious (Adv) - Simon Borland - badly advertised. With words like "fast" and "pace" I was expecting a class looking at dancing to faster music that would have contrasted well with the blues class I'd just done. Thankfully Simon demonstrated the routine in advance, so I realised my mistake. This also scared off some of the less advanced folks. The material looked interesting, but it wasn't what I was expecting, and I wasn't feeling sufficiently "advanced", so I skipped it.

Social Foxtrot (Beg) - Mike Ellard - Nearly good. I decided I quite like the dance, and this was a nice accessible introduction to it, and overall of good quality. Sadly, getting the timing right was tricky, and made trickier when the teacher started calling it as "Slow Slow Slow Quick Quick". Distracted, I guess. It certainly distracted me.

Absolute Blues (Int) - Howard and Nicola - ok, but not my thing. A layback, a crucifix spin, and a dippy thing with a signal. Nothing that appealed to me. On the plus side, he had a hat. Interesting that a few people put their hands up when Howard asked who had done no blues before. Maybe some confusion over whether the "Int" in the program referred to skill level in Ceroc or skill level in blues.

Fusion Blues (Int) - David & Val - again very good, though I preferred their beginner class. For me, what sets this couple apart from others is that they project a consistent vision of blues as a dance in its own right, rather than MJ + slow + UCP + dips = blues.

There seemed to be a lot of classes teaching Ceroc hybrids, compared to other weekenders. For example, "Coasting" is apparently the name for Ceroc+WCS. We also had Ceroc+Tango, Ceroc+Cha Cha, Ceroc+Lindy, Ceroc+Tap, and Ceroc+Salsa. I'm not sure what I think about that.

music

Ceroc says "few of you enjoy dancing to live music, and we will therefore only use bands on an occasional basis". The masses have spoken, assuming that this isn't just a handy excuse to cut costs. Can't please everyone I guess, so I'll have to go elsewhere to dance to quality live music.

Unlike Minnie, I was happy with the swing tracks chosen in the main room. Whilst some were pacier than others, they were all well within plausible MJ tempos, even dancing with beginner women. Overall I thought the main room had a good tempo range, including both fast and slow tracks. The beginners I chatted with seemed happy enough too.

On the other hand, I shared Minnie's frustration with the eclectic nature of some of the sets in the main rooms. At one point I am convinced the DJ alternated swing and latin tracks for half an hour or so. Just indecisive? I prefer DJs with more of a "journey" approach to the music, rather than this kind of flip-flopping.

At one point on Friday the main room music got cut off, and a bunch of folks (inc. me) wandered down to the Chillout Lounge, as if to test ChrisA's theory on the fragility of a blues room atmosphere. I don't think the sudden outbreak of slow-motion Ceroc caused any permanent damage. Devotees might disagree.

There was music playing pretty much throughout the day, from the schedule. I was happy enough with the daytime freestyle bits I went to, though naturally they were lower key than the evening events.

dance(r)s

Fun dances with lots and lots of people - Happy Martin. There was a big ability/experience range. I hope those who'd only been dancing a couple of months (or less!) are well and truly bitten by the dancing bug now. With a couple of people I felt like I was overstaying my welcome, so apologies if that was you.

Watching people dance, I was struck by the many different ways that experienced guys have focussed on improving their dancing. Some of them were very stylish in themselves, whilst others stood out for the effectiveness of their leading. I don't think I'd appreciated before how different the good leaders are from each other. More so than in some other dance forms, maybe?

Minnie M
2nd-October-2006, 07:00 PM
Unlike Minnie, I was happy with the swing tracks chosen in the main room
:confused: did I say that - sorry, swing jiveable tracks I love, it was the fast lindy ones I was referring to

BTW we had a good half a lindy dance :clap: thanks :flower:

Damn I'm ugly.
what that about :confused:

Watching people dance.........
:yeah: I love watching others dance, I learn lots from it too. I agree with MH the difference in skills of the good MJ leads is very interesting. From Roger Chin :respect: who is the master of surprise moves and all very followable - (a joy and a pleasure to dance with and such fun) to the musicality of Spice 'n' Easy who must be the top of the favourite dancer poll :respect:

MartinHarper
2nd-October-2006, 07:07 PM
:confused: did I say that - sorry, swing jiveable tracks I love, it was the fast lindy ones I was referring to

Well, I thought that even the fastest "fast Lindy" stuff I heard was still reasonably jiveable, though of course not to everyone's taste.

Minnie M
2nd-October-2006, 07:14 PM
Well, I thought that even the fastest "fast Lindy" stuff I heard was still reasonably jiveable, though of course not to everyone's taste.

That is because you can dance in time Martin :flower: and you have been taught by the jiveswing masters :D

WittyBird
2nd-October-2006, 07:16 PM
There were some fancy tokens to give to people who gave good dance, attached to the wristband. I thought this was a lovely idea, and was happy to give one out on Saturday lunchtime.

Sorry? :confused: You wanna run that by me again?

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-October-2006, 07:30 PM
Damn I'm ugly.Actually, it's been a while since I last met anyone who can carry off a white Alice band with quite such aplomb. And definitely never anyone who could do it while dancing the Foxtrot.

Daydreaming Diva
2nd-October-2006, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=MartinHarper;287027]Damn I'm ugly.

No-one with such a charmingly gentle nature, who is not only a sympathetic and excellent lead, but is constantly smiling and looking at his partner while he dances, and most essentially never fails to dance in time with the music, could ever be ugly in my eyes. :respect:

Thank you Martin for partnering me in the blues class - it was one of the best classes I remember doing in a long while.

:hug:

Lynn
2nd-October-2006, 08:46 PM
Maybe some confusion over whether the "Int" in the program referred to skill level in Ceroc or skill level in blues.This has happened before. I remember someone at Southport complaining about a Tango class being too difficult - it was listed as 'int'. He had already done the 'beginner' one and thought that the 'int' should be a progression from that. I tried to explain that you didn't go from beginner to intermediate in Tango in one class (more like a year!) but he just shouted at me. :(

Thanks for the review Martin. When you haven't been on a weekender you do want to read actual reviews as well as just the 'it was fab' ('cos you've already guessed that bit).

Gav
3rd-October-2006, 10:17 AM
Just a quicky, 'cos I'm still not home yet.

WOW :D :D :D

1st weekender and I was blown away.

I would've enjoyed it anyway, but had I not found the forum and been looked after by some particularly lovely forumites (yes, you WB and Taz :hug: ), I would have spent all my time upstairs (downstairs looks far too intimidating for a newbie).

Sorry, for being 1 of the 1's doing slow motion Ceroc, I'll try to sort that out for next year. :blush:

You guys turned a good weekend into a great weekend, thanks to everyone, longer report to follow when I eventually get home later in the week. :hug:

Dynamo
3rd-October-2006, 01:20 PM
Just a quicky, 'cos I'm still not home yet.

WOW :D :D :D

1st weekender and I was blown away.

I would've enjoyed it anyway, but had I not found the forum and been looked after by some particularly lovely forumites (yes, you WB and Taz :hug: ), I would have spent all my time upstairs (downstairs looks far too intimidating for a newbie).

Sorry, for being 1 of the 1's doing slow motion Ceroc, I'll try to sort that out for next year. :blush:

You guys turned a good weekend into a great weekend, thanks to everyone, longer report to follow when I eventually get home later in the week. :hug:

Was Good to meet you Gav :cheers: , a very welcome addition to our band of weekender dancers. :respect:

Bet you got home before me 5pm! :what:

Have fun and see you at the next one

Dynamo

Minnie M
3rd-October-2006, 01:28 PM
:tears: wish I knew who was who with the new'ish forumites :sad: met Gav but still don't know quite a few who appeared to be in our little crowd downstairs - had a couple of really really nice dances with someone I am sure is a forumite - but don't know his name :sad:

fletch
3rd-October-2006, 01:34 PM
:tears: wish I knew who was who with the new'ish forumites :sad: met Gav but still don't know quite a few who appeared to be in our little crowd downstairs - had a couple of really really nice dances with someone I am sure is a forumite - but don't know his name :sad:

Give us a clue Minnie,:confused: I'm sure somone will know :flower:

Minnie M
3rd-October-2006, 01:36 PM
Give us a clue Minnie,:confused: I'm sure somone will know :flower:

will PM you to save embarrassment :blush:

Tazmanian Devil
3rd-October-2006, 01:44 PM

:yeah: Me too!!

Minnie M
3rd-October-2006, 01:46 PM
:yeah: Me too!!
I think his 'civvie' name is Mick :innocent:

fletch
3rd-October-2006, 02:01 PM
Damn I'm ugly

I don't know whats going on at the moment,:confused: there was me blarting all over the forum at the weekend :tears:

and this is the second looks issue today :sad:

as my mom would say we all need putting in a bag and shaking up :na:

Martin you are NOT ugly, we all have diffent ideas about looks :rolleyes:

Would you rather be drop dead gorgeous and no one approach you :really:

:flower: :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower: :hug: :flower: :hug:

WittyBird
3rd-October-2006, 02:06 PM
Would you rather be drop dead gorgeous and no one approach you :really:

Yep, keeps happening to me and it aint nice :snigger:

Andy McGregor
3rd-October-2006, 02:33 PM
Would you rather be drop dead gorgeous and no one approach you :really: It must be a terrible trial for you...

Twirly
3rd-October-2006, 02:45 PM
It’s been interesting reading other people’s reports on what they thought of Bliss. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, but then I have nothing to compare it to as it was my first weekender. Won’t be my last though! :D

The accommodation was better than I’d expected – and my extremely fussy chalet mate didn’t throw a hissy-fit about it as I’d feared either. And I seemed able to leave her to get on with her own thing during the freestyle in the evenings, which was just as well as I seemed to take to the room downstairs which she didn’t so stayed upstairs (the faster the better for her:na: ). I spent a bit of time up there too, but got a bit fed up with hearing the same old tracks that I hear on my usual Ceroc nights - hearing different music downstairs was great. And watching all the amazing dancers was wonderful too, even if it was slightly scary when I got asked to dance. :really: And I’m pleased that I maintained my spirit of challenging myself and asking for a few dances too.

I really enjoyed meeting a few more forumites, and dancing with them too of course. And Gav, your slowed-down Ceroc was lovely! :D I hope you’re going to keep your promise and get yourself up to London sometime. :nice:

What also surprised me was how many people I dance with at my regular venues were there as well – it felt like Clapham-on-Camber! After the first hour or two on Saturday night I realised that apart from Gav, I’d only danced with people from Clapham, and had to start actively seeking out other dancers or I was going to miss the opportunity of dancing with lots of different people I might never see again. And as someone else on here said, not a bad dance all weekend. Even had a good dance late on Sunday with one of my “scary dancers” (he normally dances too fast for me) from my local venue who was terribly pleased with himself that I actually enjoyed the dance. Then he nearly put is foot right in it by saying “you’ve got to be really good up there (pointing to ceiling, indicating the main room, meaning dancing fast) before you can be really good down here (meaning blues room)” to which I stuck my hand on my hip and told him indignantly that some people actually thought I was quite good “up there”! :rofl: I think some of my confidence issues might be improving…:blush:

A particular thank you to Minnie for the tips on how to deal with my foot problems:respect: :hug: The massage I had on Saturday afternoon was possibly the best investment of the weekend – it hurt like hell (there are probably still teeth marks on the couch :sick: ) but I don’t think I’d have made it through otherwise – my foot/leg would have packed up. It was sore yesterday, but amazingly seems a lot better today – am not even limping. I can’t quite figure this out, but it’s great! I wish that I’d done more workshops – but I figured it was better to look after and pace myself. Will try and do more next time.

I can’t think of much right now re criticisms (I think my brain is still blowing about on the beach down there somewhere:blush: ), but it would have helped significantly if there had been more info in the booklet about what each of the classes involved – 3-4 words wasn’t enough for those of us less experienced types. The timetable was laid out well so you could see what was happening and where, but not what the workshop was about. Maybe a paragraph of description later in the booklet (rather than all the advertising which I ignored) would be helpful. And I agree too about the beg/int/adv comments – how were we supposed to know this wasn’t a follow-on class from the previous one? My friend and I were both disappointed that there wasn’t a spinning workshop as we both feel we need one.

Such a lot of wonderful dances *sigh* Time to go and look at booking the next one! :clap:

fletch
3rd-October-2006, 02:46 PM
It must be a terrible trial for you...

I wasn't actually refering to myself :rolleyes:

But why thank you kind sir :na:

:wink:

stewart38
3rd-October-2006, 05:13 PM
Seemed to be too many men particularly on Friday night and all bar one class I attended (I did 5) had more men ? which made the “we turned away 341 women” in the main brochure a interesting read ??

Over all I was impressed given it was 2/3rds full etc things about cabarets and other stuff have been mention else where and before. Danced with more beginners here which was fine

I wish they had allowed us to do the Madison on Saturday in main dance hall, about 100 had learnt or re learnt that . ended up with about 20 doing a impromptu one down stairs

Music was very mixed but that was fine

Not sure about the dance token thing

ESG get a photo of me without the nose ? im must look better at some angle, even from 3.6 miles away :whistle:

fletch
3rd-October-2006, 05:19 PM
im must look better at some angle, even from 3.6 miles away :whistle:

Must you :confused:

:wink:

:D

Twirly
3rd-October-2006, 05:23 PM
Seemed to be too many men particularly on Friday night and all bar one class I attended (I did 5) had more men ? which made the “we turned away 341 women” in the main brochure a interesting read ??

Well there were 21 women over in one workshop I did on Saturday - 'twas a bit chaotic. :rolleyes:

Minnie M
3rd-October-2006, 05:51 PM
Did anyone else have problems with reception on the TV in their chalet ?

The idea of watching the lessons while you are chilling out or getting ready is great - if you could see what was happening :angry: and the dance films when the classes weren't on - great idea - if you could actually see them :mad:

Funny thing though, I put on the TV on Monday morning whilst I was packing and the reception was fantastic :confused:

Twirly
3rd-October-2006, 06:11 PM
Yes, it was a bit ropey. I only looked at the films as that was when I was around in the chalet getting ready, but you're right, the reception wasn't great.

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-October-2006, 06:15 PM
ESG get a photo of me without the nose ? Yes, boss. Will do my best.

Dynamo
3rd-October-2006, 06:29 PM
Did anyone else have problems with reception on the TV in their chalet ?

reception was patchy in 17 but mostly ok :nice: but sometimes white cat in a snowstorm :(

The idea of watching the lessons while you are chilling out or getting ready is great - if you could see what was happening :angry: and the dance films when the classes weren't on - great idea - if you could actually see them :mad:

Funny thing though, I put on the TV on Monday morning whilst I was packing and the reception was fantastic :confused:

:yeah: :respect: great idea :grin: , but failed like mobile reception on the site :( .

was the classes broadcast sub-contracted to T-mobile :devil: :rofl:

Frankie_4711
3rd-October-2006, 06:44 PM
OK, let's get the predictable bit over with first - what a fantastic weekend!

I quite liked the fact that there weren't so many people there - more room on the dancefloor for a start (although a couple of the workshops I did got really crowded).

I had some really fantastic dances although I seemed to make it a bit of a habit to dance with someone and then discover who they are later on ... eg one of the first people I asked to dance on Friday night was stood in front of me first thing Saturday morning, teaching the Baby Aerials workshop (ie Simon of Simon and Nicole), and the next person I asked I now realize from photos was Alex of Emma and Alex. Having read the posts above, I know that I had a couple of fab dances with MartinHarper, every chance I get I try to grab a dance with Dirty D (although I must admit I didn't dance with him this weekend) and I didn't even know he was a Forumite, and one of my favourite dances of the whole weekend turned out to be with SilverFox (WOW!:drool: ). I expect I have danced with many more Forumites without knowing it too, as well as the ones I know (a huge thank you to Gentabout for many, many fabulous dances!:love: )

I spent all my freestyle time in the Blues room, except for an hour or so at the beginning of Saturday evening when I went upstairs as 3 friends and I had decided to go in fancy dress, so we sort of stuck together ... I'm the lunatic in the 50s gear dancing with a pirate and Captain Hook in the photos on the other thread. But I couldn't keep away from the Blues room for long ... I just LOVE it down there!

Looking forward to Breeze ... if any of you recognise me next weekend please come and say Hi ... I know I've seen some pics of some of you, but for me to try and hold so many people's faces in my head and then match the name to the pic to the person, just doesn't work that well! But I'd love to meet as many of you as I can.:clap:

MartinHarper
4th-October-2006, 06:49 PM

Thanks. And sorry. I'll claim sleep deprivation as a partial defence. Also, I may have spent a wee bit too much time watching mikeyr dancing...

Minnie M
4th-October-2006, 06:51 PM
........ I may have spent a wee bit too much time watching mikeyr dancing...
pole dancing :whistle:

mikeyr
5th-October-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks. And sorry. I'll claim sleep deprivation as a partial defence. Also, I may have spent a wee bit too much time watching mikeyr dancing...

Martin, firstly it was good to meet you at last, I know this is gonna sound all luvvy but mate I was watching you dancing at the weekend, in particular caught that swing number you & Minnie did up in the main room late Sunday night awsome:respect: Want learn Lindy now.

Minnie M
5th-October-2006, 11:23 AM
Martin, firstly it was good to meet you at last, I know this is gonna sound all luvvy but mate I was watching you dancing at the weekend, in particular caught that swing number you & Minnie did up in the main room late Sunday night awsome:respect: Want learn Lindy now.
:blush: didn't realise anyone was watching :blush: thank you for that, it was a fun dance though (thanks Martin man of many talents - did you see him dancing with Noel :D )

mikeyr
5th-October-2006, 12:21 PM
:blush: didn't realise anyone was watching :blush: thank you for that, it was a fun dance though (thanks Martin man of many talents - did you see him dancing with Noel :D )

You do yourself an injustice young lady, yes I did see Martin dance with noel and had the unique experience myself too:grin:

Gav
5th-October-2006, 06:17 PM
Lastly......................:clap:

It was lovely to meet more forumites,:clap: I didn't have a bad dance all weekend, Big thanks to all I danced with and lots of appologies for last night I was in a bit of a playful mood sorry guys (especially to Mostly sane, Gav and NZ Monkey whom I think copped the most of it) :blush: :hug: Although the look of concentration on your faces was great :devil:

Oh, you've stopped fekkin spinnin then? :angry:

Last I checked you were on about 20 so I went to the bar for a pint! :D :D :D

Only kidding.:respect:

There are no ladies around here that'll play or sabotage, in fact they probably don't know what it is.

After the initial shock, I loved it. Play, sabotage, surprise me, it's great!

Gav
5th-October-2006, 06:56 PM
Been on the lash since Bliss and just got home, so I'm going to bed for a week.

But first a big fanx and :hug: to Taz, Wittybird, Twirly, Minnie M, Bubaloo, Tessalicious, Georgeous Dancer, Dangerous Curves and anyone else I've forgotten for some fantastic dances and lovely comments to boost my confidence. :hug:

and a big fanx and :hug: to MartinHarper, Dynamo and any1 else who said hello. :hug:

You forumites turned a good weekend into a great weekend for me.

Loved watching u guys in the blues room, wish i cud do that! :worthy:

BTW, Martin. Now I'm over the initial shock of being asked, please ask me to lead u again if our paths ever cross again. It just came as a bit of a surprise (I'm an ex-squaddie, what can I say:blush: )

Dynamo
5th-October-2006, 07:41 PM

Thanks. And sorry. ..( to Fletch )

Infact some of us are quite jeallous as you received our quotient of Hair. :wink:

Been on the lash since Bliss and just got home, so I'm going to bed for a week.

But first a big fanx and :hug:.....fantastic dances and lovely comments to boost my confidence. :hug:

and a big fanx and :hug: to MartinHarper, Dynamo and any1 else who said hello. :hug:

You forumites turned a good weekend into a great weekend for me.

BTW, Martin. Now I'm over the initial shock of being asked, please ask me to lead u again if our paths ever cross again. It just came as a bit of a surprise (I'm an ex-squaddie, what can I say:blush: )

Gav, really good to meet you :cheers: , you will be doing it just like the rest of us before you know it :grin: . You got compliments from real people, so you did dance well. :respect:

Martin, you are :waycool: with your dancing, look forward to lead you again sometime :respect: Huge respect to you on your time with Noel, that was :waycool: :respect:

Greetings to the many other Forumites I spoke and danced with too. :D :D :D :D :D

Dynamo

Tazmanian Devil
6th-October-2006, 12:26 AM
But first a big fanx and :hug: to Taz, Wittybird, Twirly, Minnie M, Bubaloo, Tessalicious, Georgeous Dancer, Dangerous Curves and anyone else I've forgotten for some fantastic dances and lovely comments to boost my confidence. :hug:
:hug: Glad you enjoyed yourself hun, So you all set for Breeze then???

But you can, You danced really well in the blues room, and for your first weekender I admire you for the amount of time you spent int here. It took me at least 4 weekenders before I would even consider dancing in there before the main room closed :worthy:

Gentabout
6th-October-2006, 01:15 AM
It took me at least 4 weekenders before I would even consider dancing in there before the main room closed :worthy:

Is blues room meant to be intimidating then, this was my first weekender and i have only been dancing since the end of April and i loved it in there, infact i spent nearly all my time in there the whole weekend. I managed about an hour of freestyling upstairs the rest was in the blues room. It probally helped that i had Frankie :respect: :respect: :drool::respect: :respect: to harrass though.

Gent

Minnie M
6th-October-2006, 08:48 AM
............i spent nearly all my time in there the whole weekend.

Gent

:sad: wish I knew who all the new forumites are :tears:

latinlover
6th-October-2006, 09:28 AM
OK, just for the record, and almost a week late , I finally have time to add my two penn'orth to the 'gush-fest' that is this thread!
Sue and I have never been to a weekender before ,in 5 &1/2 years of dancing, because of having children we didn't particularly want to get rid of.....
We had a really fantastic time.
I have nothing to compare to, but I was very impressed with the organisation of everything, so HUGE respect to Mike & Linda, David Bradley and Val and their team.
reading this thread it seems there were lots of things that were improvements over previous events, so full marks for listening to comments and acting on them. I don't know if it's been done before , but the temporary dance floors were a superb idea. I also really appreciated the free water coolers .
I had some great dances with new people, none of whose names I even ASKED (doh!)and still managed to miss out on dancing with some people in spite of all the opportunities!( and it looks like I'm going to have to ask Martin Harper now, seeing as everyone's doing it!). I Really enjoyed the set upstairs on the Friday night, it was great mix of standards and interesting stuff (don't know who the DJ was but thanks) Other than that I spent most of my time in the Blues room, so thanks to SF, David Rokov and the others whom I don't know.
My only gripe really is that the bedlinen was damp & cold, but I soon warmed it up......
Great to see Heavenly dance Shoes there, succumbed to temptation again....Doh!
And I had a fabulous time on the beach flying a kite with the kids on saturday - I'm probably the only person who was out in the weather(and not in a class or recovering from the night before),which was glorious for the most part and really made the weekend.
The only down side is not having been able to do this twenty five years ago when I was young enough to dance all night
anyway back to work now as my boss has just caught me out!

Twirly
6th-October-2006, 09:56 AM
But you can, You danced really well in the blues room, and for your first weekender I admire you for the amount of time you spent int here.

It took me at least 4 weekenders before I would even consider dancing in there before the main room closed :worthy:

I am surprised that you felt like that though Taz :what: being such an amazing dancer :respect: I wonder if hanging about on here and reading about the wonder’s of the blues room means that we newer forumites are more likely to try it? :confused:

:sad: wish I knew who all the new forumites are :tears:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: Time for badges/code words/funny handshakes? :rofl:

The temporary dance floors were a superb idea. I also really appreciated the free water coolers .

And I had a fabulous time on the beach flying a kite with the kids on saturday - I'm probably the only person who was out in the weather(and not in a class or recovering from the night before),which was glorious for the most part and really made the weekend.

I made it down to the beach too, once on Saturday afternoon for a walk – barefoot, wonderful sand – and once on Sunday – airborne sand, not so wonderful!! :(

Gav
6th-October-2006, 12:50 PM
:hug: Glad you enjoyed yourself hun, So you all set for Breeze then???

But you can, You danced really well in the blues room, and for your first weekender I admire you for the amount of time you spent int here. It took me at least 4 weekenders before I would even consider dancing in there before the main room closed :worthy:

'Fraid not babes, the only breeze I'm getting is the one through the poorly fitting window. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Thanks for the comments again :hug: and that's my point. I wouldn't have been in there without gr8 m8s like you lot. :hug: :kiss:

Gav
6th-October-2006, 12:51 PM

fanx :blush:

Bubbalou
18th-October-2006, 10:57 AM
Ok I'm very late..................just wanted to say thanks to those of you who I danced with and Gav, great to meet you too!!

This was most definitely my most chilled out weekender for some reason and Monday morning just comes around too soon doesn't it!!

Off to read the Breeze thread now and see what I missed out on!

Unfortunately I won't be able to goto Francos november camber :sad: . This will be the first one I missed EVER! But I will be in Spain :nice: so lucky me really. Will think of you all with envy!!!

Lou :kiss: