PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Weekenders

stewart38
25th-May-2006, 03:04 PM
I assume they will allow people to cancel Breeze and transfer to Bliss without charge :mad: :mad:

Ceroc ESCAPE Weekend Newsletter

We are delighted to announce that we have the following events planned.

Ceroc are hosting a series of dance weekenders with accommodation from as little as £29. The weekends will be bursting with workshops, parties, entertainment and of course hours of freestyle.

So grab your dance shoes and toothbrush and escape for the weekend and join hundreds of other Cerocers who share your passion.

BLISS 29th Sept 06 3 nights
Pontins Camber Sands, Sussex
Available Accommodation 1600 Dance area 1202 sqm

Our first event at this resort in March of this year sold out in 6 weeks despite our gender controlling the event.

We had asked Pontins for a date later in the year, but were told that they had no weekends available. However, in the last few days we have been offered a weekend following a cancellation. Unfortunately this is the week before our 'Breeze' weekender in Somerset, but we believe that event will attract a very different audience.

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/bliss

BREEZE 6th Oct 06 3 nights
Pontins Brean Sands, Somerset
Available Accommodation 1200 Dance area 884 sqm

This event has virtually sold out we have a few 3 bedroom apartments for a minimum of 4 person occupancy.

If you have already booked you will be pleased to know that we have sold over 1100 places and we only have a handful of ladies over.

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/breeze

STORM 2nd Mar 07 3 nights

Given the success of last year’s event it’s no surprise that we have already sold over 500 places for next year.

This event will almost certainly sell out, so don’t delay.

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/storm

CHILL 20th Apr 07 3 nights
Pontins Prestatyn Sands, North Wales
Available Accommodation 2500 Dance area 1818 sqm

Perhaps more accurately it should be called the ‘Big Chill in the North’.

This is the official 25 year Ceroc Anniversary Party.

This promises to be the biggest Ceroc event ever!

This is Pontin’s premier site, the accommodation is the best that we have seen across all their centres and the two large dance venues are adjacent to one another.

We shall be pulling out all the stops for this one. If you only ever go to one weekender next year – make it this one.

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/chill

BLAZE 11th May 07 3 nights
Haven, Ayr Scotland
Available Accommodation 800 Dance area 600 sqm

Relax in breathtaking sunny Scotland. Cheap flights to Glasgow Prestwick (Ryanair + free Ceroc shuttle) combined with some of the friendliest dancers will help create the perfect week-ender. The Haven resort of Craig Tara is on the beautiful coast of Ayrshire and offers modern, luxury caravans as well as many activities (golf, swimming, massage and of course the beach!). Beyond the specialized workshops for all levels and freestyle opportunities in three rooms, BLAZE will be an unforgettable Scottish experience!

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/blaze - This web site will be live from 2nd June.

MEDFEST 17th Sept 06
Costa Brava, Spain
Available Accommodation 300 Dance area 479 sqm

Enjoy a week or weekend away in a huge 3 star hotel situated near to the beach. Perfect those wanting some guaranteed sun and fun. The hotel has a ballroom that we will be using for workshops and dance parties.

Prices from only £399 inclusive.

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/escape

• All ‘Escape’ events are strictly gender controlled.
• We offer ‘early bird’ discounts – the earlier you book, the cheaper the price.
• Free On-line booking with immediate email confirmation
• All our events have a Message board where you can find other people to share with, or find that elusive extra person to fill your apartment.
• Prices from £29 including all workshops and entertainment.
• Teachers from around the globe.
• An extensive list of the best DJs.

We do have other events in the pipeline, and therefore please keep your eye on www.ceroc.com/escape

Missed Storm Mar06? Why not order the DVD http://www.ceroc.com/members/videos.htm

CEROC CHAMPS 2006 DVD available on-line http://www.cerocchamps.com/

Minnie M
25th-May-2006, 06:17 PM
Readable version:

Ceroc ESCAPE Weekend Newsletter

We are delighted to announce that we have the following events planned.

Ceroc are hosting a series of dance weekenders with accommodation from as little as £29. The weekends will be bursting with workshops, parties, entertainment and of course hours of freestyle.

So grab your dance shoes and toothbrush and escape for the weekend and join hundreds of other Cerocers who share your passion.

BLISS 29th Sept 06 3 nights
Available Accommodation 1600 Dance area 1202 sqm

Our first event at this resort in March of this year sold out in 6 weeks despite our gender controlling the event.

We had asked Pontins for a date later in the year, but were told that they had no weekends available. However, in the last few days we have been offered a weekend following a cancellation. Unfortunately this is the week before our 'Breeze' weekender in Somerset, but we believe that event will attract a very different audience.

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/bliss

BREEZE 6th Oct 06 3 nights
Pontins Brean Sands, Somerset

This event has virtually sold out we have a few 3 bedroom apartments for a minimum of 4 person occupancy.

If you have already booked you will be pleased to know that we have sold over 1100 places and we only have a handful of ladies over.

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/breeze

STORM 2nd Mar 07 3 nights

Given the success of last year’s event it’s no surprise that we have already sold over 500 places for next year.

This event will almost certainly sell out, so don’t delay.

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/storm

Perhaps more accurately it should be called the ‘Big Chill in the North’.

This is the official 25 year Ceroc Anniversary Party.

This promises to be the biggest Ceroc event ever!

This is Pontin’s premier site, the accommodation is the best that we have seen across all their centres and the two large dance venues are adjacent to one another.

We shall be pulling out all the stops for this one. If you only ever go to one weekender next year – make it this one.

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/chill

BLAZE 11th May 07 3 nights
Haven, Ayr Scotland
Available Accommodation 800 Dance area 600 sqm

Relax in breathtaking sunny Scotland. Cheap flights to Glasgow Prestwick (Ryanair + free Ceroc shuttle) combined with some of the friendliest dancers will help create the perfect week-ender. The Haven resort of Craig Tara is on the beautiful coast of Ayrshire and offers modern, luxury caravans as well as many activities (golf, swimming, massage and of course the beach!). Beyond the specialized workshops for all levels and freestyle opportunities in three rooms, BLAZE will be an unforgettable Scottish experience!

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/blaze - This web site will be live from 2nd June.

MEDFEST 17th Sept 06
Costa Brava, Spain
Available Accommodation 300 Dance area 479 sqm

Enjoy a week or weekend away in a huge 3 star hotel situated near to the beach. Perfect those wanting some guaranteed sun and fun. The hotel has a ballroom that we will be using for workshops and dance parties.

Prices from only £399 inclusive.

On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/escape

• All ‘Escape’ events are strictly gender controlled.
• We offer ‘early bird’ discounts – the earlier you book, the cheaper the price.
• Free On-line booking with immediate email confirmation
• All our events have a Message board where you can find other people to share with, or find that elusive extra person to fill your apartment.
• Prices from £29 including all workshops and entertainment.
• Teachers from around the globe.
• An extensive list of the best DJs.

We do have other events in the pipeline, and therefore please keep your eye on www.ceroc.com/escape

Missed Storm Mar06? Why not order the DVD http://www.ceroc.com/members/videos.htm

CEROC CHAMPS 2006 DVD available on-line http://www.cerocchamps.com/

Gus
25th-May-2006, 06:26 PM
Readable version:

Perhaps more accurately it should be called the ‘Big Chill in the North’.Hey ... sounds good :waycool: . Looks like I might be going to my first Ceroc event in 3+ years. Now what are the chances we will actualy be told who is teaching, what they are teaching and who is DJing? :rolleyes:

Trousers
25th-May-2006, 06:39 PM
I assume they will allow people to cancel Breeze and transfer to Bliss without charge :mad: :mad:

Why would 'they' even consider doing that when the dates don't clash?

Reality Check Trousers now signing off.

FirstMove
25th-May-2006, 07:19 PM
I hope Ceroc are going to do a loyalty card :)

fletch
25th-May-2006, 07:28 PM
Ho, this is doing my head in:confused: I am blond even if it is out of a bottle.:rolleyes:

I don't know what iv booked and what I haven,:really: I think I have booked twice on some,:sick: but I suppose i will be able to sell 'em nearer the date, they are female:sad:

Roll on next weekend:clap:

ducasi
25th-May-2006, 07:37 PM
Ho, this is doing my head in:confused:
I've got to agree – bliss, breeze, blaze and all the others – how the blazes are we supposed to remember which one is which?

Trousers
26th-May-2006, 12:01 AM
Ho, this is doing my head in:confused: I am blond even if it is out of a bottle.:rolleyes:

I don't know what iv booked and what I haven,:really: I think I have booked twice on some,:sick: but I suppose i will be able to sell 'em nearer the date, they are female:sad:

Roll on next weekend:clap:

Hey Fletch, if the increase in weekender events continues at its current rate i reckon we will need to have you cloned by october to be able to keep your 100% attendance for the end of year report!

Lucy Locket
26th-May-2006, 09:13 AM
It's all just tooooooooooo much for me. :tears:

First & foremost i need to know who's going where & who's djing where, before i book. :confused:

Top Bird
26th-May-2006, 09:43 AM
Seems like Ceroc is going for overkill on weekenders. The September and October weekends follow on from each other so can't imagine that many of the DJ's and teachers booked for Breeze in Oct will want to do Sept as well. One also wonders what the quality of dancers will be like having both events so close together.

Actually I am forgetting here, Ceroc is a business which firstly is there to make money and then secondly to give us fun loving dancers something to do at the weekends. :rolleyes: Sorry I am getting cynical now.

stewart38
26th-May-2006, 12:09 PM
Why would 'they' even consider doing that when the dates don't clash?

Reality Check Trousers now signing off.

Bleeding obvious ??

Ive moved not going to Breeze now

Gus
26th-May-2006, 12:32 PM
Seems like Ceroc is going for overkill on weekenders. [snip] Sorry I am getting cynical now.OK ... here's a thought. If you want to dominate a market you flood it with the product at a lower price than your competitors (and maybe higher quality). Within one season or two the opposition starts to incur unsustainable losses. HOWEVER, Ceroc didn't start this move. Jive Addiction ran a couple of events a year ... and now running four or five. With the number that Ceroc are intending to run, somethings going to have to give .... and Ceroc has more resources than the other players. So 2007 will probably be the year of poorly attended weekenders, following by 2008 where JiveTime and Jive Addiction either collapse or vastly reduce their activities.

The possible alternative to this scenario is that a number of notable teachers and DJs won't work with Ceroc and so may only be available through the independent weekenders ... but will the dancing punters care enough to miss out on a Ceroc weekender? Time will tell....

fletch
26th-May-2006, 01:00 PM
Hey Fletch, if the increase in weekender events continues at its current rate i reckon we will need to have you cloned by october to be able to keep your 100% attendance for the end of year report!

I will proberbly need a clone, as I think I have proberbly double booked myself just to be on the safe side:blush:

A least with Lorry putting a who's going where I can tick of what I'v booked:confused: :confused: :confused:

David Franklin
26th-May-2006, 01:44 PM
OK ... here's a thought. If you want to dominate a market you flood it with the product at a lower price than your competitors (and maybe higher quality). Within one season or two the opposition starts to incur unsustainable losses.It's not at all clear that's the case though. Ceroc certainly has the user base to fill their weekenders without having to take customers from anyone else.

I don't know how booking numbers are going for the non-Ceroc organisers, but my impression is they're not down that much - partly because they were always so oversubscribed in the past.

The change I see happening (and I think it had already started before Ceroc started doing weekenders) is that weekenders are becoming more of a commodity. It used to be you had to book a year in advance for Camber, and any other commitments would have to go by the wayside, because it was the only game in town and booked up so fast. Now people can and will go elsewhere, but demand is still greater than supply, so it doesn't mean there's not going to be someone else ready to take their slot.

The possible alternative to this scenario is that a number of notable teachers and DJs won't work with Ceroc and so may only be available through the independent weekenders ... but will the dancing punters care enough to miss out on a Ceroc weekender? Time will tell....I think you err in thinking the "dancing punters" are a monoculture. I really can't see many at Beach Boogie are likely to cancel in favour of a Ceroc Weekender, even if all the BB teachers were available at the Ceroc event. Similarly for Rock Bottoms. I grant you Franco's events have more overlap, but I think there are enough differences to prevent wholesale defections.

Lee
26th-May-2006, 01:56 PM
I booked 24 places for Breeeze, and now wish i'd waited, as i would have gone for the Sept Camber event. :tears:

I'm not doing both, they are too close to each other. :(

My next one (after Oct) will be Mar 2007. :clap:

Lee

stewart38
26th-May-2006, 02:17 PM
I booked 24 places for Breeeze, and now wish i'd waited, as i would have gone for the Sept Camber event. :tears:

I'm not doing both, they are too close to each other. :(

My next one (after Oct) will be Mar 2007. :clap:

Lee

Ask to change if you want to??

If I told you, you can only see Robby Williams at Wembley in October and based on that you booked .

Then I said a few weeks later ,actually you can see him closer to home in September

What you going to do ?

To pretend it’s a different crowd is a nonsense. There’s going to be lot of people rightly **** off it there not allowed to change

fletch
26th-May-2006, 02:23 PM
To pretend it’s a different crowd is a nonsense.

Same old faces :really:

You know your scared you will miss something, and be there, even if it is last minute.:rofl:

TA Guy
26th-May-2006, 04:52 PM
This worried me too.
What if peeps start changing to the new one ?
So I asked around last night, and texted a couple peeps. Can't say no ones going to the new one cos it's only just come online, but all the keenies and experienced weekenders peeps down here are sticking to Breeze. Just too much hassle to change even if Camber might be considered larger/better/nearer.
I am relieved.

thewacko
26th-May-2006, 08:01 PM
Well I feel lucky:rolleyes:

I was thinking about Breeze but decided to give Mays Jive time the benefit of the doubt before I thought of booking it, that now means I have been able to book Cerocs Camber in September instead (which is much closer for me)

but cos of Wittybird I ended up booking November Camber with Jive time as well rather than give it a miss

Be interesting to see how the two compare again if nowt else:eek:

Either way . . .

. . .:clap: :clap: :clap: I am off to Camber ond I am now soooooooooooo excited

Piglet
26th-May-2006, 11:37 PM
BLAZE ....On-line bookings are now available by visiting www.ceroc.com/blaze - This web site will be live from 2nd June.
I've already booked! I didn't do it through that website though.

Tiggerbabe
27th-May-2006, 12:05 AM
I've already booked! I didn't do it through that website though.
Sorry Piglet, but we have not taken any bookings yet for Blaze as the site is not yet up and running. We have had a lot of enquiries though :)

Piglet
27th-May-2006, 12:07 AM
Sorry Piglet, but we have not taken any bookings yet for Blaze as the site is not yet up and running. We have had a lot of enquiries though :)
Yep you're right - but thank goodness I read this cos in my mind I'm thinking I've booked! Now I'll have to write this on my calendar! Thankyou :hug: