PDA

View Full Version : How to get the Buzz Back!!!

Freya
25th-May-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi there has probably been numerous Threads on this already but I'm just wondering how others cope!

After my Fantastic day of dancing at The BFG a couple of weeks ago I've not really had the incentive to go back dancing to my regular venues! Initially I was really shattered as had had little sleep but then better offers came up that the previous week would not have seemed better! (?Make any sense?)

I went along to Culter on Tuesday and wasn't feeling too great but normally forget how I'm feeling and just dance he night away! This Night I really couldn't be bothered and just wanted to go home although I did have some great dances!!!!

I can't help feeling that this has something to do with the great dances I got at the BFG as there were lots more partners and new people to dance with as well as lots of friends who I rarely get to dance with! And that my regular dance night just won't be as much fun as the weekend! It has nothing to do with the people, the teachers or the venue but my enthusiasm for the night!!!

Is this a common occurance with people who do weekenders? Should I expect to feel this way every time? and what if I do a Whole weekend am I doomed?????

Is there anyway to overcome this feeling?

Hope you can Help!

Freya xXx:flower:

Dizzy
25th-May-2006, 02:13 PM
Ahhh!! You are suffering from a common condition among us forumites with what is known as Post Weekender Blues :sick:

Many a discussion has come up about it, whcih I am sure someone can hyperlink to but there is currently no known cure apart from going to venues with really good dancers and dancing with them! (as far as I know)

LMC
25th-May-2006, 02:16 PM
Hi there has probably been numerous Threads on this already but I'm just wondering how others cope!
Yep, it's a well-known phenomenon commonly referred to as Post-weekender blues (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4180) (there may be other threads but I couldn't track 'em down immediately).

The best solution is to book another weekender :D

After a really poor night last week at my regular venue I had an absolutely FAB night last night. You do "come down" eventually - and PWB aside, just occasionally, a night somehow just doesn't work for whatever reason - try not to let it get to you too much :hug:

Edit: Cross-posted... :worthy: Dizzy

CJ
25th-May-2006, 02:24 PM
The best solution is to book another weekender :D
:yeah:

ther's also a BFG Blues thread, but wouldn't know how to link to it. LMC??:worthy: :flower:

LMC
25th-May-2006, 02:27 PM
Just for you CJ.... (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6748) :hug:

Freya
25th-May-2006, 03:08 PM
The best solution is to book another weekender :D Roll on the BB then!!!!!

After a really poor night last week at my regular venue I had an absolutely FAB night last night. You do "come down" eventually - and PWB aside, just occasionally, a night somehow just doesn't work for whatever reason - try not to let it get to you too much :hug:

Thanx Very much LMC! Maybe pop along tonight and see if things are better!

Mr Darcy
25th-May-2006, 04:24 PM
Is this a common occurance with people who do weekenders? Should I expect to feel this way every time? and what if I do a Whole weekend am I doomed?????

Strangely, I found it the complete opposite. After the BFG I didn't dance until the next weekend (couldn't!). But all my regular venues have seemed even more fun since, more of a buzz.. I only learned a few new moves, but I think I soaked up more style from watching and dancing with all the great dancers there. I've been more relaxed about having fun whilst dancing and I'm sure I've been smiling more. Except with Witty, who I have to look glum with so she will give me her stangest looks to make me smile again :yum: .

PS. Thanks for the dance Freya!

Freya
25th-May-2006, 04:33 PM
Strangely, I found it the complete opposite. After the BFG I didn't dance until the next weekend (couldn't!). But all my regular venues have seemed even more fun since, more of a buzz.. I only learned a few new moves, but I think I soaked up more style from watching and dancing with all the great dancers there. I've been more relaxed about having fun whilst dancing and I'm sure I've been smiling more. Except with Witty, who I have to look glum with so she will give me her stangest looks to make me smile again :yum: . Lucky You!!!!! I think that i'll just have to keep dancing to get my enthusiasm back! Maybe because I haven't been bothered to go back this has curbed my enjoyment!!!!

PS. Thanks for the dance Freya! It was my pleasure!!!

Caro
25th-May-2006, 11:28 PM
After my Fantastic day of dancing at The BFG a couple of weeks ago I've not really had the incentive to go back dancing to my regular venues...

... same here :tears: :hug: .... it's usually the same after a BB weekend... it was especially true from the last blues beach ballroom with Dave and Val...

don't know what the solution is, apart from booking on another weekender straight away as LMC said, or buying new (sparkly and red in my case :D ) shoes over the internet, or spending hours looking for dance holidays and more week-ends...

ha well... really looking forward june the 17th now!!! :clap:

TA Guy
26th-May-2006, 11:51 AM
Maybe this is to do with whether you learn't anything at the weekender. It's a guess, but if you goto a weekender and do nothing but dance with great partners, you come back, your flat because local venues can't possibly compete.

On the other hand....
You goto a weekender, do a few classes, or even just watch, say a great bit of WCS caberet or something, you come back and you dying to try out those things you learn't, your inspired :) This is what happened to me at Storm. I actually did zero classes, but watched a few, brought the DVD, scanned it after, picked out some stuff that might be useful and couldn't wait to try it on my victims :)

Do have this problem with really good freestyles sometimes tho. You go, dance your little cotton socks off, all the bits are working as they should. LOL. Next class night, or even next freestyle sometimes. Flat as a pancake. In the end, you just have to accept that for anything to be rated 'good', 'bad' has to exist as well :) What goes up must come down as we all know :)

drathzel
26th-May-2006, 07:29 PM
This probably doesnt help but i dont ever remember having Post weekend blues, in fact it makes me more eager to dance. Cheeks will vouch for this, after every beach ball room i went to, i ended up staying at hers so we could go dancing again on the monday night!!!:D

Gadget
26th-May-2006, 09:37 PM
At weekends like the BFG, every time you turn round, you find a dancer that is amazing to dance with; every dance you feel the music course through you; smiles, hugs and an atmosphere of warmth permiates everything... :D:clap:

...and then you come back to your local venue still trailing sparks and everything looks flat. There are only a handfull of dancers that iluminate the floor and the rest have no idea what jsut went on at the weekend... :(

How to get the buzz back? Don't loose it in the first place! Take your bag of pixie dust from the event and sprinkle it over everyone you dance with.
:D:D:D

Tiggerbabe
26th-May-2006, 09:46 PM
Take your bag of pixie dust from the event and sprinkle it over everyone you dance with.
:D:D:D
Brilliant, Gadge :hug:

Piglet
26th-May-2006, 09:51 PM
...and then you come back to your local venue still trailing sparks and everything looks flat. There are only a handfull of dancers that iluminate the floor and the rest have no idea what jsut went on at the weekend... (
The times I've felt this most have been after Franck's excellent focus workshops in Stirling cos all the leads there have been fantastic and are all favourites of mine. I think I come home to realise I've not as many favourites here - thank goodness I get to dance with them though cos they bring the sparkle back again :flower:

Freya
30th-May-2006, 11:30 PM
I'd just like to say thanx for all your kind comments and advice on how to get the Dancing buzz back.

I went out to Culter tonight and had a fantastic night. Lots of fab dances! :clap: :clap:

:hug: To all

cheeks
31st-May-2006, 09:20 AM
This probably doesnt help but i dont ever remember having Post weekend blues, in fact it makes me more eager to dance. Cheeks will vouch for this, after every beach ball room i went to, i ended up staying at hers so we could go dancing again on the monday night!!!:D

:yeah:

You sure did babe and we had a fab time:hug:

When I first started danicng I would attend all Beach Ballrooms, BFG,and as many party nights as I could along with dancing 3 nights a week kept the buzz going I think, mainly because you don't judge weekenders on solely how many fab dancers you've danced with:drool: (oh and you certainly do).

As previously said sometimes participating in workshops or just watching gave me as much of a buzz.:clap: Me and Drathzel would still find ourselves wanting to dance into the small hours after the music has stopped ( I'm normally wide awake due to to many red bull:blush: )or when back at mine before going to a class night:grin:

Latley I have been busy with other things and haven't danced as often as I would like or participated in full weekends, and find myself just doing a the Sat party or something like that. Although I have a fantastic time and lots of amazing dances, I also enjoy catching up with fellow dancers or formites. But must say although there is still a buzz about this it is not quite the same.

I think with the mixture of music, the atmosphere ,the fab venues, so many fantastic people and dancers and sometimes the unfamiliarity combined with adrenaline is "The Buzz"

Try going to a different venue for classes if possible or use the freestyle to try and dance with people you haven't danced with in ages or have never danced with you'll be amazed how quick you beat those Post Weekend Blues:flower:

(oops sorry if I rambled:flower: )

Your wife
31st-May-2006, 01:36 PM
...the weird thing is, even the journey home, after about 2 hours sleep is strangly fun, then getting in and refusing to eat anything sensible, staying up late watching TV, giggling and breaking into a dance at the slightest hint of music...

But its the 8 hours sleep before work on Tuesday that kills it totally! After that I cant do anything, eat, sleep or breath, let alone dance, for at least a week. Assume the recovery possition and wait for the next weekender....