PDA

View Full Version : The Masked Ball

Will
28th-March-2003, 04:23 PM
As I'm sure everyone is well aware, sandwiched in between the 2 big national Ceroc / modern jive events that get all the hype is the annual Masked Ball tournament hosted by Adam Nathanson's Ceroc Metro franchise in Walthamstow, to be held on 5th April.

Of course anyone who isn't from the planet Zarg will be well aware that the current reigning champion is Stevie Wong. With all the hype and attention he received at the time through his win and then the controvertial drug allegations that followed, I doubt last years tournament will ever be forgotten.

But what about this year? After bloodying the noses of many a top dancer last year, can he defend his title? The Birmingham Gazette has reported that Wong has been seen jogging around the streets of Solihull in the early hours of the morning recently, so it looks like anyone who wants to dethrone him has got their work cut out!

Apart from that, who else from the forum is going? Is it worth having an arranged forum meeting point there like we had a Blackpool?

TheTramp
28th-March-2003, 04:48 PM
I'll be there.

It was a brill night last year. Wouldn't miss it for anything.

I know that Lisa is coming down from Scotland to go to it as well.

Anyone else?

Steve

Emma
28th-March-2003, 04:55 PM
Me....must get a ticket. :)

Jon
28th-March-2003, 06:40 PM
I'll probably be there too since it's close to me

Divissima
28th-March-2003, 06:51 PM
I can't go - my friend's engagement party is the same night :tears:

I don't know if the incomparable Toby-wan Kenobe will grace Walthamstow as a free agent...:eek:

Debster
31st-March-2003, 08:42 PM
I'll be there!! You better save me a dance Will-baby! That is if there is anything left of me after the Steve-Tramp and Wong-meister have tried to dance my feet off (I hope - How cool!! SOOO looking forward to it!)

Glad to hear Emma and Jon plan to be there too... not sure if we can rustle up any comparison to the forum gathering in Blackpool however. That was awesome.

Debs
[Do I sound different online after 2 glasses of wine??
:sick: :innocent: :wink: ]

TheTramp
31st-March-2003, 08:47 PM
Debs

Forget your feet.

When I've finished with you on Saturday, you won't have any legs left, let alone any feet!! :kiss:

Steve

Emma
31st-March-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Debster
I'll be there!! You better save me a dance Will-baby! That is if there is anything left of me after the Steve-Tramp and Wong-meister have tried to dance my feet off (I hope - How cool!! SOOO looking forward to it!)

Glad to hear Emma and Jon plan to be there too... not sure if we can rustle up any comparison to the forum gathering in Blackpool however. That was awesome.

Debs
[Do I sound different online after 2 glasses of wine??
:sick: :innocent: :wink: ]

Stuff that, bring the SHOES, girl!! :D :

Will
31st-March-2003, 11:48 PM
WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

With me encouraging you all to go to the masked ball this Saturday, I feel that it is my duty to alert you all about a new developement that could affect your desire to attend.

Indeed, on Saturday afternoon Mr Wong went shopping in Camden market. Fair enough you may say, but when he came back from the market I'm afraid he was armed with a selection of the most tastless & criminal assaults against fashion that I've ever seen. The guy has bought a selection of shirts that are made out of purple and blue BAKOFOIL!.

Any lady entering the competition MUST be aware that there is a real danger that you could be dancing with something that looks like it has just jumped out of a box of Quality Street. You may wish to bring shades. :waycool:

DavidB
1st-April-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Will
... BAKOFOIL... So they must match the trousers you were wearing at Battersea a couple of weeks ago

Dance Demon
1st-April-2003, 09:27 AM
[COLOR=red]

Any lady entering the competition MUST be aware that there is a real danger that you could be dancing with something that looks like it has just jumped out of a box of Quality Street. You may wish to bring shades. :waycool:

Dancing with chocolate????? sounds like it's right up your (quality)street Wendy:wink: :D

Will
1st-April-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
So they must match the trousers you were wearing at Battersea a couple of weeks ago

Yeah, yeah, yeah, laugh it up now Mr Barker. You'll get yours at Hipsters tonight! :wink:

Debster
1st-April-2003, 04:04 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, laugh it up now Mr Barker. You'll get yours at Hipsters tonight! :wink:
Excellent - Hope I'm in time to see the showdown tonight then ;)
Will it include your fancy pants Will? Don't think I saw those. :( I guess they aren't your normal weekday attire...

Maybe I will need to bring THE shoes to the Ball to counterbalance the Wong-shirts!
(BTW Emma, please do come and say hello, I didn't get to chat to you at Blackpool, but your stand looked great!)

Wendy
1st-April-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Dancing with chocolate????? sounds like it's right up your (quality)street Wendy:wink: :D

(thought I'd replied to this already but my post isn't there :confused: )

:D :D :D :D very witty DD...

but I can dance with chocolate off the dance floor any time I want !! The point of going to CEROC is that there is a chance (albeit slight !!) of having an experience which is BETTER than eating, or dancing with, chocolate !!!

Wxx

Tiggerbabe
1st-April-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
[BThe point of going to CEROC is that there is a chance (albeit slight !!) of having an experience which is BETTER than eating, or dancing with, chocolate !!!

Wxx [/B]

And if you eat too much chocolate off the dance floor Wendy - then dancing with it can burn up those extra calories in no time :D :wink:

Divissima
2nd-April-2003, 09:58 AM

Where were the trousers, Will?? Personally, I was rather taken with Lily's trousers - they were amazing :cool: Where did you get them, Lily???
I meant to grab Will and David B for dances - but was never in quite the right place at the right time. I can dream of next time....

Wendy
2nd-April-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
And if you eat too much chocolate off the dance floor Wendy - then dancing with it can burn up those extra calories in no time :D :wink:

Yip !!!

And since this thread has moved on to trousers - I thought you'd want to know Sheen that I've just bought a pair with dangly bits !!! Might keep them for London...

Wxxxxx

LilyB
2nd-April-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Where were the trousers, Will?? Personally, I was rather taken with Lily's trousers - they were amazing :cool: Where did you get them, Lily???
In America, of course! I buy my whole dance wardrobe (practically!) in America. They've got the most amazing stuff there, and pretty cheap too.

Yes, I did notice that Will didn't oblige with his bacofoil trousers last night. However I decided not to mention it as I needed to keep him sweet - wanted as many dances with him as I possibly could. However he is not in my good books at the moment. He will NOT be at Hipsters tonight.:tears: Apparently practising for the champs ....... I don't think that's a good enough excuse, Will.:mad: Us wimmin need you!!!!!!

LilyB

Will
2nd-April-2003, 03:42 PM
1. The trousers are not bacofoil, they are "Metalic Denim"

2. I'm gutted I can't be at Hipsters tonight as the boss has called an extra caberet practice at the last minute, however I pass it on my way home so I will drop in if there is anything more than 15 minutes left when I pass, so make sure you stay till the end Lily! (i.e. no sloping off to Pizza Hut at 10:30 for your weekly Italian fix :wink: )

3. MASSIVE BREAKING NEWS! - Stevie Wong has been threatened by the organisers with entry refusal at the Masked Ball if he turns up in his "Bacofoil Boob Tube". Indeed, the local council are considering lodging a court injuction against him wearing the outfit outside at all as there is serious concern that it might cause mass panic umongst the general public as people who see him fear that London is under some sort of Chemical Attack! :sick:

Divissima
3rd-April-2003, 09:41 AM
1. The trousers are not bacofoil, they are "Metalic Denim"
3. MASSIVE BREAKING NEWS! - Stevie Wong has been threatened by the organisers with entry refusal at the Masked Ball if he turns up in his "Bacofoil Boob Tube". :sick:

Metallic denim - are you sure :wink: I may have to take a closer look :eek: :really:

I say, bring it on Stevie Wong! are you sure his garment isn't also 'metallic denim'? What a shame I shan't get to see his off-the-shoulder number.... :tears:

Divissima
3rd-April-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by LilyB
In America, of course! I buy my whole dance wardrobe (practically!) in America. They've got the most amazing stuff there, and pretty cheap too.

LilyB

alas, no US trips planned for the moment. Will just have to look on and admire :grin: :drool:

Emma
4th-April-2003, 04:45 PM
Erm...did anyone come to any sort of decision about a Forum corner? I don't know the venue at all myself so can't sugest anywhere, and sadly I have no Scottish flags, which I believe are traditional in these circumstances ;) Can anyone oblige??

Tiggerbabe
5th-April-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Wendy
Yip !!!

And since this thread has moved on to trousers - I thought you'd want to know Sheen that I've just bought a pair with dangly bits !!! Might keep them for London...

Wxxxxx

More info is needed here Wendy - just exactly WHERE are the dangly bits, colour, material? and more to the point - are they STROKEABLE????????????:wink:

I'm taking my strokeable trousers to London :D :D (I'll do anything to get a dance with David B:drool: )

Jon
6th-April-2003, 12:46 PM
Great night wasn't it. Didn't manage to meet any forum members though but what a friendly crowd of people and great music. Counting the days to the next one now!

TheTramp
6th-April-2003, 01:24 PM
Yeah. It was a great night :) Another success for Ceroc Metro. And well done James for winning (I did tell you, didn't I).

And Jon.....only 364 days to go now!

Steve

Will
7th-April-2003, 03:01 AM
Fantastic wasn't it!

The Tramp was looking very smart too.

Indeed Mr Geary was once again inspired to victory by my good self as I repeatedly rubbed his nose in last years humiliating defeat into 2nd place at the hands of the man who is to fashion what King Herod is to child minding - Mr Stevie Wong.

Indeed, I see someone has started a thread elsewhere asking "Is Ceroc too loud?" That question was made to look the dumbest question of the decade when Wong turned up to Walthamstow last night dressed like a set of traffic lights permanently stuck on "STOP." (one only wishes he had before he put them on)

Then of course there is the presentation ceremony where infront of 900+ people, Wong took to the stage and decided to Moonwalk infront of the entire presentation party - What was he on??? :sick:

On a more personal front, I enjoyed loads of great dances with several forum member including Lisa, Debstar, Della, and Lily, though I confess I did turn down one forum member, sorry Mr Tramp. :sorry

Emma
7th-April-2003, 08:34 AM
It was a fab night, one of the highlights of my year thus far :) :)
Indeed, I see someone has started a thread elsewhere asking "Is Ceroc too loud?" That question was made to look the dumbest question of the decade when Wong turned up to Walthamstow last night dressed like a set of traffic lights permanently stuck on "STOP." (one only wishes he had before he put them on) Do I detect a little 'shiny clothes envy' ? :devil:

William, your trousers were splendid: but it's true, it was kind of hard to see anything whilst bedazzled by Mr. Wong's shirt. :D

Will
7th-April-2003, 11:15 AM
Emma, I shall die before I admit to that! And thankyou for the dance by the way.

Emma
7th-April-2003, 02:09 PM
You're very welcome, Sir. :)

...and don't worry, your secret is safe with me. Erm...more or less :wink: