PDA

View Full Version : Calling Aberdonians!

Piglet
24th-May-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi there,

A couple of us are definitely going to the Scottish Champs in Musselburgh on 9th September.

We were thinking of hiring a mini-bus to get us down there and we'll be going down on the Friday night and coming back on the Sunday. Any Aberdonians, or nearby in the Shire, interested in sharing?

We thought we could also all book into the same hotel :D

PM me if you are interested - or reply on thread cos it'll keep it active :clap:

Tiggerbabe
24th-May-2006, 09:25 AM
coming back on the Sunday.
Only after you've been to the Tea-dance in Stirling, eh? :wink:

and if you need any more incentive Mr & Mrs UP will be there :clap:

Piglet
24th-May-2006, 12:34 PM
Only after you've been to the Tea-dance in Stirling, eh? :wink:

and if you need any more incentive Mr & Mrs UP will be there :clap:
That sounds interesting - I guess it will depend on who fancies doing the Stirling tea dance too. I can highly recommend it - what a wonderful way to end off a lovely weekend :D I shall pass the news on to the one person I know is already sharing the mini-bus!

Just thinking - we could maybe pick up Dundonians if we struggle to get any other Aberdonians :whistle:

Freya
24th-May-2006, 12:37 PM
Ok probably a silly question but what is the format of the Scottish champs? When does everything take place?

I would really like to go but work a friday night and saturday morning and already have booked time off work to go to Southport so can't get this weekend off as well!

Tiggerbabe
24th-May-2006, 12:55 PM
Ok probably a silly question but what is the format of the Scottish champs? When does everything take place?

The Scottish champs kicks off with a big freestyle party on Friday night in the same hall that is used for the competition. Comp itself starts at about 12 noon on Saturday and the event goes on until midnight. Although you would miss the first heats, if you left Aberdeen straight after work I'm sure you'd make it down in time to see the finals and some of the showcases and cabarets. Freestyle in the evening usually starts about 8 or 9pm.

It's a grea day Freya, all money raised goes to charity, and we always have a fab crowd of visitors from South of the Border :D

Freya
24th-May-2006, 01:38 PM
The Scottish champs kicks off with a big freestyle party on Friday night in the same hall that is used for the competition. Comp itself starts at about 12 noon on Saturday and the event goes on until midnight. Although you would miss the first heats, if you left Aberdeen straight after work I'm sure you'd make it down in time to see the finals and some of the showcases and cabarets. Freestyle in the evening usually starts about 8 or 9pm.

It's a grea day Freya, all money raised goes to charity, and we always have a fab crowd of visitors from South of the Border :D

Thanks TiggerBabe. Will have to look into it! Maybe even grab the Car! Make life a bit easier!

Dance Demon
24th-May-2006, 04:41 PM
The Scottish champs kicks off with a big freestyle party on Friday night in the same hall that is used for the competition. :D

With a guest DJ.,:whistle: :whistle: :D

Piglet
24th-May-2006, 06:38 PM
Hiya Freya,

To add to what Tiggerbabe said, you can also freestyle inbetween competition heats :clap:

Caro
25th-May-2006, 09:16 PM
I think I'll be able to make it and really want to see a competition, so count me in for now!

thanks for the thread Piglet :flower:

Piglet
26th-May-2006, 09:28 PM
It will be lovely to have you along Caro!

Think that's about 6 of us so far - another 2 would be great, but if more are interested - I'm sure that 2 mini buses are a possibility :D