PDA

View Full Version : Whose planning to go to Southport 2nd - 5th February 2007

under par
23rd-May-2006, 06:13 AM
So who has got forward planning down to a fine art and is considering Southport in February 2007 ???

fletch
23rd-May-2006, 08:14 AM
So who has got forward planning down to a fine art and is considering Southport in February 2007 ???
I want to book, do you think we will be able to do it next week?:clap:

Tazmanian Devil
23rd-May-2006, 03:22 PM
Me me me me me me :D Not that I don't want to miss out or anything :D

under par
23rd-May-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't think they are taking bookings for a couple of weeks(SORRY!:blush: )

under par
8th-June-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't think they are taking bookings for a couple of weeks(SORRY!:blush: )

http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/3/27/

http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/dmdocuments/Southport%2002-02-07%20Booking%20Form.pdf

For those interested in not missing out on a trip to Southport in February there is a booking form available now. See above.:flower:

I'm sending mine off tomorrow:yeah::yeah: :yeah: and I got my Blaze confirmation today:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Yliander
8th-June-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info Under par.

I'm planning on going to this - can't do september - will have to get my form off pronto! - and need to find some room mates.

Minnie M
8th-June-2006, 05:43 PM
Kyle & Sarah ..................... got to go ..............my faves :respect: :worthy: :respect:

Don't fancy the journey - but can't miss it :yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yogi_Bear
8th-June-2006, 10:13 PM
Kyle & Sarah ..................... got to go ..............my faves :respect: :worthy: :respect:

Don't fancy the journey - but can't miss it :yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap:
More top class west coast swing - count me in!

Paul F
9th-June-2006, 05:55 AM

I certainly hope to be there. Am going to try and get quite a few weekenders in this year and next. Great way to spend a weekend IMO.

Considering Blaze too. Not really looked into it much though. All I know is that, if its in Scotland, there is a good chance it will have a brilliant atmosphere :nice:

Ickle Chick'n
9th-June-2006, 02:14 PM
I certainly hope to be there.
Goody, have you opened bookings on your dance card yet?(I figure I may be too late for September, if you're there). Chickened out of asking you this time! Was gonna at silly o'clock in the morning then realised I'd be better off leaving it til I could actually co-ordinate my own feet never mind having to follow!

February doesn't seem so far away now as can picture next year's calendar...Southoort, Southport and more Southport... Any nice single, young, handsome milliannaires with nice large vehicles that might be available to an ickle chick'n with an aging, dying fiesta?!:rolleyes:

spikey blond
9th-June-2006, 04:32 PM
PLan to be there too , wouldn't miss Kyle and Sarah, but WCS apart I had such a brilliant weekend last weekend :clap: :clap: :clap: that I couldn't bear to be sitting at home knowing what a dream weekend I was missing. Southport for me is definitely the best for loadsa reasons, and would willingly forego other weekends to be able to attend all John and Wes's events:worthy: :worthy: . Atmosphere, dancers, music, location (so what if it is 5 hours from home!) - still smiling :grin: :grin: :grin: after last weekend and sooooooooooo looking forward to September, can't come quickly enough. How many days, Under Par??

Paul F
9th-June-2006, 06:37 PM
Goody, have you opened bookings on your dance card yet?

It would be my pleasure :hug:

Cant help you with any of your criteria though :rolleyes:

ducasi
9th-June-2006, 06:45 PM
Any nice single, young, handsome milliannaires with nice large vehicles that might be available to an ickle chick'n with an aging, dying fiesta?! Well, 2 out of 6 ain't bad... :o

I haven't decided whether to do Southport in February (I have vision of snow drifts piling up against the blues room's doors :really:), but knowing you'll be there might just swing it for me. :flower:

Georgious dancer
10th-June-2006, 12:16 AM
Oh! Was planning on going to this one but have just realised that it is the weekend of my brothers 21st! :sad: I will have to see what his plans are!:confused:

johnah
17th-July-2006, 02:41 PM
Kyle & Sarah ..................... got to go ..............my faves :respect: :worthy: :respect: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yep, Kyle & Sarah are fabulous dancers and we've just added the sensational NATHALIE GOMES & YUVAL HOD to the Febuary line-up. Check out http://www.hopswingjump.com/visuals.asp and see for yourselves. Awesome!

Impressive credentials, and the very first Lindy dancers to win the covetted 2006 US Grand National Showcase Championships! :respect: :respect: :respect:

Main First Place Awards:
• 7-time and current American Lindy Hop Champions (1999-2005)
• 3-time and current USA Grand National Champions
(Team & Lindy 2003, Showcase 2006)
• 4-time US Open Champions (2000, 2001, 2002)
• 4-time and current National Jitterbug Champions
(2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)
• 3-time World Swing Dance Champions (2002, 2003, 2004)

This is the first time ever, we believe, that two such sensational US dance couples have appeared at the same modern jive weekender in the UK. An opportunity not to be missed. :clap: :clap: :clap:

:cheers:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Msfab
17th-July-2006, 03:46 PM
Yep, Kyle & Sarah are fabulous dancers and we've just added the sensational NATHALIE GOMES & YUVAL HOD to the Febuary line-up.

:respect: :clap: :respect: Thank you Jiveaddiction!

Minnie M
17th-July-2006, 03:49 PM
Yep, Kyle & Sarah are fabulous dancers and we've just added the sensational NATHALIE GOMES & YUVAL HOD to the Febuary line-up. Check out http://www.hopswingjump.com/visuals.asp and see for yourselves..............
:worthy: :respect: :clap: :worthy: :respect
fantaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastic !!!

Amazing dancers, fantastic teachers and incredible cabaret artists :worthy: :respect:

(AFAIK K & S are at Rebel Yell in October and N & Y at MJC in August - both Ceroc Surrey events - Annalisa)

Yliander
17th-July-2006, 03:49 PM
Yep, Kyle & Sarah are fabulous dancers and we've just added the sensational NATHALIE GOMES & YUVAL HOD to the Febuary line-up. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo :worthy: :worthy:

s9691
17th-July-2006, 04:48 PM
Just booked for 22 of us to go in Feb! Woohoo!!!:clap:

Sara

Minnie M
17th-July-2006, 05:52 PM
Yep, Kyle & Sarah are fabulous dancers and we've just added the sensational NATHALIE GOMES & YUVAL HOD to the Febuary line-up.........................www.jiveaddiction.com
Sorry ..........:blush:
Thank you thank you thank you John & Wes :respect: :respect: :respect:

robd
18th-July-2006, 01:53 PM
I am undecided.

Southport June was great but I can't see that whole Blues Room area (the big attraction of Southport for me) being quite so appealing in February temperatures.

Paul F
18th-July-2006, 01:55 PM
I am undecided.

Southport June was great but I can't see that whole Blues Room area (the big attraction of Southport for me) being quite so appealing in February temperatures.

I kind of thought the same but went for it anyway. Glad I did now seeing that line up.

Maybe we could convince J+W to buy some patio heaters for the decking area ? :nice:

Wave Dancer
18th-July-2006, 01:59 PM
Count me in Yli as a maybe for a room mate!!

Donna
18th-July-2006, 02:03 PM
:respect: to John & Wes! :clap: Gosh this must be costing a fortune!

I'm hoping to go - then again, I've been hoping to go for faaar too long but have never got around to doing it (except for the last time when I was eventually given an answer as to whether we could make it or not, by which time the tickets had sold out)

Lets just say - I'm going. Even if it means going on my own. :wink:

Yliander
18th-July-2006, 02:05 PM
Count me in Yli as a maybe for a room mate!!WOO HOO *HAPPY DANCE*:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

johnah
18th-July-2006, 02:21 PM
I kind of thought the same but went for it anyway. Glad I did now seeing that line up.

Maybe we could convince J+W to buy some patio heaters for the decking area ? :nice:

If I remember correctly, the same weekend dates in February this year were sunny and warmish for the time of year. But yes, dancing on the decking in June and September is fabulous, even though most of the dancing actually takes place inside the Bluesroom. Patio heaters, hadn't escaped our thoughts though.

Whatever time of year, we believe Southport is the best allround dance weekender venue.:cheers:

Lynn
18th-July-2006, 07:47 PM
Yes, the patio doors open, the soft evening sun spilling in, is a lovely part of the Southport experience. And if it was a choice of Southport in Feb or June, then I'd choose June. But why have to, when I can go to both? :grin:

Minnie M
18th-July-2006, 08:14 PM
.......Whatever time of year, we believe Southport is the best allround dance weekender venue.:cheers:
:yeah: :clap: :respect: :worthy: :respect: :clap: :yeah:

under par
19th-July-2006, 01:14 PM
Yep, Kyle & Sarah are fabulous dancers and we've just added the sensational NATHALIE GOMES & YUVAL HOD to the Febuary line-up. Check out http://www.hopswingjump.com/visuals.asp and see for yourselves. Awesome!

]

Great... I saw Natalie and Yuval last year... real star performers.

When they performed I saw top dancers staring open mouthed... really amazing aerials but then she is a real feather weight.

Kyle and Sarah so much enthusiasm and fantastic dancers the westies will love them.

cant wait

stewart38
20th-July-2006, 09:33 AM
Great... I saw Natalie and Yuval last year... real star performers.

When they performed I saw top dancers staring open mouthed... really amazing aerials but then she is a real feather weight.

Yes best dancing Ive ever seen by miles at Bisley last yr (got flamed for saying it)

wasnt going but may have to :grin:

Alice
22nd-July-2006, 12:43 PM
wasnt going but may have to :grin:
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Having seen the line-up....:drool: :clap:

under par
24th-July-2006, 02:41 AM
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Having seen the line-up....:drool: :clap:

and only 187 days to go:cheers:

Top Bird
25th-July-2006, 11:16 AM
Southport in June was my first and was fantastic. Booked for September and for June 2007.:cheers: :cheers:

Do not fancy Southport in Feb, the thought of a 5 hour car journey in possibly unpleasant weather conditions :eek: - it certainly won't be warm - and I don't think the blues room will have quite the same appeal in the winter.

However, cannot, just cannot wait to get back there in September :clap: :clap: :clap:

robd
25th-July-2006, 11:58 AM
However, cannot, just cannot wait to get back there in September :clap: :clap: :clap:

Reserve me a dance or 6 please TB?

Men, get your place on her dance card early - she certainly lives up to her forum pseudonym :clap: :clap: :clap:

Top Bird
25th-July-2006, 01:44 PM
Reserve me a dance or 6 please TB?

Men, get your place on her dance card early - she certainly lives up to her forum pseudonym :clap: :clap: :clap:

You are top of my list Robd and for such flattery :grin: the number of dances open to you is unlimited, especially if they involve pivot turns.:respect:

How many days to go now???? :clap: :clap:

Dazzler
25th-July-2006, 11:35 PM
So i take it this southport thing is a big venue?....Worth the journey from Inverness do you think?

I seem to travel everywhere in scotland at the moment..and its great but my hunger for the dance is getting harder to keep at ease :rofl:

Should i wait until i have been dancing a bit longer?

ducasi
26th-July-2006, 12:36 AM
So i take it this southport thing is a big venue?Yes – 1400 folks, 3 or 4 different rooms (depending on if you count the ballroom bit), one being massive, another one huge, and the blues room is just fab.

It also will have most of the best dancers in the UK. Dancing almost 24 hours a day.

Worth the journey from Inverness do you think?Yes – Inverness is nearby compared to the lengths some people go to be there.

Should i wait until i have been dancing a bit longer?No – killingtime went when he had only been dancing a few months and had a fantastic time.

Don't wait for the one in February – get on to the one in September. :)

LMC
26th-July-2006, 11:09 AM
Lynn & I are lashing out and going Club Class with one other "not sure yet" forumette (if she can't go, what will I be bid for spare girl ticket in January? :devil: )

stewart38
26th-July-2006, 11:43 AM
Lynn & I are lashing out and going Club Class with one other "not sure yet" forumette (if she can't go, what will I be bid for spare girl ticket in January? :devil: )

Clever , contractually your offering a ‘spare girl ticket’, for January

That when Pontins are have there cactus re arranging weekender, bring you own gloves ! :grin:

Still cant make my mind up about feb , being a bloke I guess I don’t have to :sad:

Lynn
26th-July-2006, 01:14 PM
Lynn & I are lashing out and going Club Class with one other "not sure yet" forumette (if she can't go, what will I be bid for spare girl ticket in January? :devil: )But we hope she can go. :hug:

Looking forward to it, it will have a different feel to summer Southports, but I always struggle with the 'should I be outside enjoying the weather, or doing workshops?'. With the teacher line up I'm sure I'll want to be doing some workshops!

johnah
26th-July-2006, 04:34 PM
Still cant make my mind up about feb , being a bloke I guess I don’t have to :sad:

Don't be too confident about that! You've already said there were too many men there in June:whistle:

under par
3rd-August-2006, 02:28 PM
:clap:

Come on Stewart you haven't a great deal of time.:whistle:
177 days left for a decision !!!:eek:

Is 177 days long enough for you???:confused:

Or do you need a bit more time??:whistle:

If so, there is 295 days 'til Southport in June '07 :cheers: :yeah:

straycat
3rd-August-2006, 02:36 PM
Something tells me I shouldn't get involved in this thread.

Oops :whistle:

under par
3rd-August-2006, 02:38 PM

Yes you should get involved.

We are all a big happy family and you have nothing to fear from my attempts at humour.:flower:

Yliander
3rd-August-2006, 02:56 PM
:clap:

Come on Stewart you haven't a great deal of time.:whistle:
177 days left for a decision !!!:eek:

Is 177 days long enough for you???:confused:

Or do you need a bit more time??:whistle:

If so, there is 295 days 'til Southport in June '07 :cheers: :yeah:
It is WAY to early to be starting count downs for Feb or June 07!!! when the the number of days is less than my age would be a much more approprioate time my dear

under par
3rd-August-2006, 02:58 PM
It is WAY to early to be starting count downs for Feb or June 07!!! when the the number of days is less than my age would be a much more approprioate time my dear

So check out the Sept thread :whistle: :innocent: runs for cover

fletch
3rd-August-2006, 10:00 PM

Most of us don't take thing seriously even when we seem to :wink: :na:

(does that make sense?):confused: