PDA

View Full Version : Any Pratchett loving Ceroccers out there?

Nick
20th-May-2006, 01:37 PM
I've just got up to Carpe Jugulum.

I don't think the Pratch likes the aristocracy very much.

One new regular character introduced as well as the mac Feegles. Not sure how I feel about them. I think the Pratch loves Scots dialects but they're a bit too much like Monty Python's Scotsmen in a kilt for my taste.

David Franklin
20th-May-2006, 02:43 PM
NO, NO-ONE HERE READS PRATCHETT

FANCY A GAME OF CRIPPLE MR ONION?

Rhythm King
20th-May-2006, 02:47 PM
Pah, I'm off the the Drum for a pint :whistle:

David Franklin
20th-May-2006, 02:52 PM
Pah, I'm off the the Drum for a pint :whistle:If you see Carrot, tell him his girlfriend is bitching about him. Must be that time of the month...

Dreadful Scathe
20th-May-2006, 03:08 PM
:rofl:

Ghost
20th-May-2006, 05:42 PM
Who? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=228005&highlight=tiggerbabe#post228005)

Be Well,
Christopher

mrs_warwick
20th-May-2006, 11:32 PM
The next question should be who's going to the Con?

(www.dwcon.org)

Gary
22nd-May-2006, 02:25 AM
Ook! :cheers:

Beowulf
11th-June-2006, 08:11 PM
No..
But then I am the sort of person who stands on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting "All the Gods are b******s

Anyway.. When your parents come from Scotlands Book town (Wigtown btw) the sheer density of second hand bookshops in the town means you do occasionally find banana skins and bits of orange hair on the shelves. ;)

ToeTrampler
12th-June-2006, 09:56 AM
"DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT" :rofl:

TA Guy
12th-June-2006, 11:48 AM
Got everything he's written. My fav author :) Well, him and Alastair Reynolds.

I follow the way of the dance :)

Magic Hans
12th-June-2006, 12:02 PM
Come and see Guards! Guards! at the Nottingham Arts Theatre! It'll be a laff!!

www.artstheatre.org.uk. 8 quid a shot! This week only! Should 10.50, But I'll cut me own throat and through it your way for 8!!

Frankie_4711
16th-June-2006, 11:01 AM
Ah Carrot!:awe:

Sliced Bread
5th-July-2006, 11:37 AM
I actually picked up the first Discworld novel from WHSmith and have yet to read it - I'm terrible for buying books then never looking at them again. I'll have to make an effort to read it over the holidays, as well as the many other books I've neglected.

mrs_warwick
5th-July-2006, 10:42 PM
I actually picked up the first Discworld novel from WHSmith and have yet to read it - I'm terrible for buying books then never looking at them again. I'll have to make an effort to read it over the holidays, as well as the many other books I've neglected.

The Colour of Magic is very different from more recent books. It is much more of a parody of different fantasy novels. Quite often Mort (book 4) or Wyrd Sisters (book 6) are suggeted as good starting points.

http://www.lspace.org/books/reading-order-guides/index.html has an interesing graphic with a suggested reading order. In fact Lspace.org has just about everything you ever wanted to know about T. Pratchett and the Discworld.

Yliander
5th-July-2006, 11:01 PM
I actually picked up the first Discworld novel from WHSmith and have yet to read it - I'm terrible for buying books then never looking at them again. I'll have to make an effort to read it over the holidays, as well as the many other books I've neglected. Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!!

Colour of Magic was the first one i read was an 18th birthday present - and it and The Light Fantastic are still my favourite terry prachett novels!!

such fabulous use of foot notes :wink:

Beowulf
6th-July-2006, 08:11 AM
Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!! Read It!!!

Colour of Magic was the first one i read was an 18th birthday present - and it and The Light Fantastic are still my favourite terry prachett novels!!

such fabulous use of foot notes :wink:

lots of colours Yliander.. but you missed off Octarine :)

Yliander
6th-July-2006, 10:26 AM
lots of colours Yliander.. but you missed off Octarine :) I tried but it wouldn't sit still long enough for me use it :na:

straycat
6th-July-2006, 10:35 AM
I tried but it wouldn't sit still long enough for me use it :na:

So that's what took the forum out yesterday. Never was designed to contain Octarine.

Yliander
6th-July-2006, 10:52 AM
So that's what took the forum out yesterday. Never was designed to contain Octarine.well at least it didn't turn into an orangatang

Little Monkey
6th-July-2006, 11:27 PM
well at least it didn't turn into an orangatang

Oook! Ook oook ook ooook oooook oookookoook? OOK? Ooook ok ook ooookook.

(Rough translation = Oi! What have you got against orangutans? Eh? Give me a banana.)

Yliander
6th-July-2006, 11:41 PM
Oook! Ook oook ook ooook oooook oookookoook? OOK? Ooook ok ook ooookook.

(Rough translation = Oi! What have you got against orangutans? Eh? Give me a banana.)i've got nothing against orangutans - but as forums go I think there would be certain incompatibilities.

*passes over a bunch of bananas* it never hurts to be generous to orangutans

Little Monkey
7th-July-2006, 02:10 AM
i've got nothing against orangutans - but as forums go I think there would be certain incompatibilities.

*passes over a bunch of bananas* it never hurts to be generous to orangutans

*Little Monkey cheekily snatches bunch of bananas and scuttles off to scoff them before the Big Orange Ape can get his leathery hands on them.* :D

Beowulf
7th-July-2006, 10:38 AM
*Little Monkey cheekily snatches bunch of bananas and scuttles off to scoff them before the Big Orange Ape can get his leathery hands on them.* :D

remember to turn left at the thaumaturgy section in the library.. we wouldn't want you getting lost in L-Space.

straycat
7th-July-2006, 10:47 AM
remember to turn left at the thaumaturgy section in the library.. we wouldn't want you getting lost in L-Space.
I get lost in L-Space every chance I can get. So much to read, so little time...

LemonCake
10th-July-2006, 01:42 PM
:really: Oh no.... dancing, cake, Hitch Hiker quotes and now Pratchett... I'm never going to get any work done again am I?

Trousers
10th-July-2006, 06:47 PM
:really: Oh no.... dancing, cake, Hitch Hiker quotes and now Pratchett... I'm never going to get any work done again am I?

I reckon it's a million to one chance . . . . . but it might just work!

whitetiger1518
20th-July-2006, 12:16 PM
I get lost in L-Space every chance I can get. So much to read, so little time...

:yeah: I so totally agree :grin: I have to leave chalk marks on the shelves though - I don't have Dibbler around to think up a money making scheme - so I have to go to work - OOK OOK - * I live for books and dancing - rough translation*

:cheers:

Whitetiger

Beowulf
20th-July-2006, 03:25 PM

you sound like my ideal woman.. want to get married ? :) :awe: :wink: :rofl:

LemonCake
20th-July-2006, 03:44 PM
you sound like my ideal woman.. want to get married ? :) :awe: :wink: :rofl:

Such a sweet offer :flower: It would never work though, we'd be fighting over access to the cooker! :grin: :rofl:

Rhythm King
20th-July-2006, 06:12 PM
Such a sweet offer :flower: It would never work though, we'd be fighting over access to the cooker! :grin: :rofl:
Who needs a cooker - wanna buy a sossage-inna-bun?
To you half price and I'm cuttin' me own throat