PDA

View Full Version : Champs 2006 DVD

MAS
17th-May-2006, 01:38 AM
Champs 2006 DVD is completed. 2 DVDs, PAL. £15 inc postage.
I just shipped to those who pre-ordered at the event.
Web sales will start shortly, sometime within next few weeks.

DVD1 -Semifinals -Finals -Prize Giving
DVD2 -Showcases -Cabaret -clips from Heats (randomly selected)

note: this DVD is defferent from past Champs DVDs, cut down a lot of heats and concentrated in Semifinals and above, Cabaret & Showcases.
DVD menus are simplified. ex. once you start Semifinals, DVD plays all till the end of Prize Giving. Let it play! No more pressing Enter button every 5mins.
THis DVD is good for those who want to enter next year to find out how good you gota be to be a winner! ;)
Hope you like the DVD.

ENQ: xxxceroc4@ceroc.com (please delete first "xxx" when you email)
Emails me if you can't wait before web order starts.

Donna
17th-May-2006, 02:17 PM
Champs 2006 DVD is completed. 2 DVDs, PAL. £15 inc postage.
I just shipped to those who pre-ordered at the event.
Web sales will start shortly, sometime within next few weeks.

DVD1 -Semifinals -Finals -Prize Giving
DVD2 -Showcases -Cabaret -clips from Heats (randomly selected)

note: this DVD is defferent from past Champs DVDs, cut down a lot of heats and concentrated in Semifinals and above, Cabaret & Showcases.
DVD menus are simplified. ex. once you start Semifinals, DVD plays all till the end of Prize Giving. Let it play! No more pressing Enter button every 5mins.
THis DVD is good for those who want to enter next year to find out how good you gota be to be a winner! ;)
Hope you like the DVD.

:confused: A little confused... so just how many of the heats are added onto the end of DVD2 and how long does each last for...... what about those who got knocked out of first rounds who would like to watch their routines from beginning to end to see how they can improve for the next competition?

You say you have simplified the menu? So to find the bits we want, we have to fast forward it instead by the sound of it rather than select them from a main menu?

Hmm will have to wait until it's delivered and post my review on this thread.

Donna
18th-May-2006, 01:17 PM
Well.... :eek:

Chef
18th-May-2006, 01:44 PM
Well.... :eek:

Is that your review?

Donna
18th-May-2006, 01:48 PM
Is that your review?

I'm saying nothing but... :eek: :wink: You see, I haven't seen it myself yet... but I know someone who has.. and :eek: is all I'm saying until I've seen it at the weekend. :(

Donna
22nd-May-2006, 01:23 PM
Ok, I've seen the DVD. :grin:

Ahem.. where to start. OK!

Firstly, the opening was impressive. I especially like the way various clips from the freestyles, showcases and caberets fitted to the music. (Great tune!)

2. Not sure about the first heats being all jumbled up and having to fast forward through them all until I found what I was looking for. Would have been easier if they were split up onto the menu.. e.g Lucky Dip - heat 1A, Heat 1B etc. Intermediate - Heat 1A, Heat 1B etc etc etc.

3. Was nice to see Mike Ellard enjoying himself bopping up and down to the music with his clip board in the corner of the screen for 10 minutes. :rofl: Also seen some great shots of the ceiling and the floor, and a few times, thought I was having dizzy spells but in fact, it happened to be the camera shaking up and down furiously every now and then. :D Think the camera men were more nervous than the competitors! :o

4. Well, we all seem to have a healthy looking glow on the screen! :rolleyes: Some of us looked like casper in a wig and a dance costume!!!

5. I seem to remember the floor being a lot bigger than what was being filmed. In other words, a lot of the dancers were hardly filmed at all! :mad: All the other ceroc DVD's were shot from the top floor from all angles making sure EVERYBODY was in. This time, it was shot from floor level. Also had some close ups of peoples faces (scary!) and back sides! Very blurred.

6. The showcases and caberets are the best part of the DVD. I especially liked the way Yuko managed to tie her hair up and take it down again, then up again, then down during their showcase! Absolutely amazing!!!! :respect::rofl: See!! They say, the sharper you are, the better!!! Talk about blink and you miss!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Obviously one of the cameras hadn't worked properly when they did the showcase first time around and so he matched up the second performance to the first one. Very clever though, yet hilarious! :rofl:

I'll leave it there...

:mad:

MAS
23rd-May-2006, 01:35 AM
What she said is all true. Very good review. Let's see what can be improved next year.

Donna
23rd-May-2006, 11:33 AM
What she said is all true. Very good review. Let's see what can be improved next year.

Next year?:what:

Donna
24th-May-2006, 01:02 PM
Does any of the open finalists, or anybody who has the DVD know the 1st track that was played in the final?? I'd like to use it for a demo.