PDA

View Full Version : Forumites - Impact at first sight?

Gojive
16th-May-2006, 09:08 PM
Not sure where to put this, so please move if neccessary :)

I was thinking the other day, which forumites have imprinted a strong memory in my head, having met them for the first time (knowingly). Here's my initial "off the top of my head" list:

Minnie M - Minnie was introduced to me, when I was a beginner of just a few weeks. I will never forget being encouraged/dragged onto the dance floor, with such an awesome dancer. Minnie took it all in her stride, and made me feel so at ease. That was some 7 or 8 years ago!

Elaine B - My one and only venture (so far) to the Sunday Jango session, was for a warm up for that evening's Mini-Masters comp. I can remember my dance with Elaine so clearly - she was so utterly charming, and so supportive!

Rachel - Camber last November. I remember the "We love Rachel" thread...the thread starter was sooooo right! One of the most pleasant, yet superb dancers ever to grace our floors IMO!

Lory - First met Lory about 18 months ago (I think). Again at Camber. I just remember having one of the most memorable fun dances I've ever had, that night with L. To this day, Lory is top of my list of 'Must dance with'.

Rhythm King - Different perspective this time. Richard was such an interesting person to talk to at the BFG in 2004. He remains someone I will always have time for, to this day.

Wittybird - The night your stockings fell down....need I say more? :wink:

There are probably others, but the above are permanently etched in my mind, and I think will be forever :worthy:

So! Which forumites left a huge impression in your memory vaults, and why? :)

WittyBird
16th-May-2006, 09:43 PM
Wittybird - The night your stockings fell down....need I say more? :wink:

Oh yes a memorable trip to Camber last November. How nice of you to keep reminding me :rofl:

There was me remembering you for your silly half hour :whistle:

Ghost
17th-May-2006, 12:11 AM
First impressions

Amir – finally someone who thinks a gentle lead is a good thing!

Clive Long – watched him dance with Taz and get her to do the “standing still going at 100mph thing”

Cruella – followed a move perfectly, that I’d learnt off the Jango dvd and was quietly praying would actually work, for a big finish to the Last Dance. She reminded me of Cruela’s good twin sister

Dan Hudson – sharp sense of humour

Dave Rokov – Someone quietly confident who knows he’s good and so doesn’t feel the need to make sure you know.

Dirty D – Quietly thanked me for a post on the Forum. Gentle guy

Dizzy – a really styled playful dance

Drathzel – I remember thinking “Remember - she’s just a dancer, she’s just a dancer – oh WOW!”

Georgious Dancer – beautiful ballet styling

Icey – who I mistook at first for LMC - totally mischevous spirit - lovely balance of play and serious dancing

KatieR - JANGO!!!!!!!!

Raphael – the zen master

Rosie Posie – so much poise

Russel Saxby – nice guy, always multi-tasking

Rythym King – Ghost pain in my knee. Really decent guy, had a constant stream of beautiful women

Senorita – really graceful style

Sparkles – like meeting an old friend

Tazmanian Devil – Strode across the room and said “Come on then”. Reap the whirlwind!

The Wacko – Northern gruffness hiding a surprising amount of gentleness

Under Par – just screams “policeman” with his body language.

WayaayBird – a smile that literally lit up the room

WittyBird – the dress, what else?

Val Forsey – just one of life’s wonderful bubbly gentle people – total cat spirit

Zebra Woman – playfulness of spirit

(Ok it’s late and I’ve probably forgotten people. PM me and I’ll say something nice about you – never met a Forumite I didn’t like)

Be Well,
Christopher

Minnie M
17th-May-2006, 01:05 AM
Are Dave & Val on the forum :what:

Have to say I have met some of the nicest people in dancing via the forum, and possibly would not have met them if I wasn't on the forum, starting with our current King:respect: and Queen :respect:

Ghost
17th-May-2006, 01:55 AM
Are Dave & Val on the forum :what:
Val cunning hides under the alias of
Val Forsey (See the members list) - I believe Dave is her partner and so I presume he's a Forumite by default.

Be Well,
Christopher

Missy D
17th-May-2006, 07:42 AM
First impressions

Amir – finally someone who thinks a gentle lead is a good thing!

Clive Long – watched him dance with Taz and get her to do the “standing still going at 100mph thing”

Cruella – followed a move perfectly, that I’d learnt off the Jango dvd and was quietly praying would actually work, for a big finish to the Last Dance. She reminded me of Cruela’s good twin sister

Dan Hudson – sharp sense of humour

Dave Rokov – Someone quietly confident who knows he’s good and so doesn’t feel the need to make sure you know.

Dirty D – Quietly thanked me for a post on the Forum. Gentle guy

Dizzy – a really styled playful dance

Drathzel – I remember thinking “Remember - she’s just a dancer, she’s just a dancer – oh WOW!”

Georgious Dancer – beautiful ballet styling

Icey – who I mistook at first for LMC - totally mischevous spirit - lovely balance of play and serious dancing

KatieR - JANGO!!!!!!!!

Raphael – the zen master

Rosie Posie – so much poise

Russel Saxby – nice guy, always multi-tasking

Rythym King – Ghost pain in my knee. Really decent guy, had a constant stream of beautiful women

Senorita – really graceful style

Sparkles – like meeting an old friend

Tazmanian Devil – Strode across the room and said “Come on then”. Reap the whirlwind!

The Wacko – Northern gruffness hiding a surprising amount of gentleness

Under Par – just screams “policeman” with his body language.

WayaayBird – a smile that literally lit up the room

WittyBird – the dress, what else?

Val Forsey – just one of life’s wonderful bubbly gentle people – total cat spirit

Zebra Woman – playfulness of spirit

(Ok it’s late and I’ve probably forgotten people. PM me and I’ll say something nice about you – never met a Forumite I didn’t like)

Be Well,
Christopher

So good to know our meeting and couple of dances were so memorable! :sad:

Christopher who:confused:

robd
17th-May-2006, 08:03 AM
So good to know our meeting and couple of dances were so memorable! :sad:

Christopher who:confused:

Set yourself up for that one Ghost

As soon as you start listing names, the people you miss out aren't gonna be happy :what:

I foresee a short life for this thread.

Cruella
17th-May-2006, 08:16 AM
I've met and befriended so many forumites, but i'm just going to list the ones that made an impact the first time i met them.

Rythmn King- at Bognor, he was really gentle and kind.
Brady- we danced, i thought Wow, what amazing connection.
Simon R - danced with him at Blackpool champs 2004 before i joined the forum, but remembered him for his unique style.
Fletch - How could i NOT remember her!
Dirty D - I remember our first dance at Greenwich, i was thinking My God he's so rude! ( In a nice way)
Russell Saxby - He was really cheeky, felt like i'd known him ages.
Donna - Recently at the champs when i gave her the Dictionary, she took the joke graciously and was nice to chat to.
Little Em - We were introduced when i became her venue manager, so cheeky and bubbly. (and now a good mate)
Kev F - Didn't smile or look at me the whole dance :rolleyes:
Under Par - The gentle giant.
Mr Fitz - Brian who? :rofl: Got upset that i didn't realise i'd already danced with him earlier :blush:
ESG - ZW and i met him together last year, he was very secretive and wouldn't reveal his identity on the forum.

I could go on and on but these are the ones whose first meetings jumped to the front of my mind.

Feelingpink
17th-May-2006, 08:36 AM
Not sure where to put this, so please move if neccessary :) ... Number one quote from a leader?

Gojive
17th-May-2006, 08:56 AM
I've met and befriended so many forumites, but i'm just going to list the ones that made an impact the first time i met them.

<<snip>>Names<</snip??

I could go on and on but these are the ones whose first meetings jumped to the front of my mind.

Thanks Cruella - that's exactly what I had in mind when I started the thread :cheers:

Feelingpink - :na:

Ghost
17th-May-2006, 11:38 AM
Set yourself up for that one Ghost

As soon as you start listing names, the people you miss out aren't gonna be happy :what:

I foresee a short life for this thread.
MissyD wasn't the only one I missed out :blush:
But it's like naming the seven dwarfs, you get to 6 then you keep repeating the same three over and over.

I'll post a few more in a bit (though I'll still probably miss people)

Be Well,
Christopher

Ghost
17th-May-2006, 12:11 PM
A Certain Lady – No-nonsense, straight-forward, honest, living life her own way lady

Emma – That glint in her eyes when she’s dancing

MissyD – One of those Russian Dolls that you open and there’s another one inside and so on. So many levels. Like one of those really complicated moves that once you've finally got it becomes something beautiful in it's simplicity.

Be Well,
Christopher

Yliander
17th-May-2006, 01:33 PM
well I've started meeting Forumites - not many as yet but I'm sure that will change

Msfab - love bright person with a very good memory - she recognised me in class on Monday @ Jango - sad to say my memory took some poking to catch up :blush:

Sparkles - what a smile and a lovely lead

Tim (danced with him at Jango - he did tell me his forum name and I can't remember that damn memory of mine) - fun to dance with - offered a lady time to play :D

Will - met him in Aus first - him & Kate teaching wow what a pair. Lots of fun to dance with and a a good sense of humour

I think the biggest impact I make is that I don't have blue hair :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
17th-May-2006, 04:06 PM
Will - met him in Aus first - him & Kate teaching wow what a pair. Lots of fun to dance with and a a good sense of humour

he has to, dont you know what football team he supports ? :)

...just getting in ahead of DavidB :)

Minnie M
17th-May-2006, 04:24 PM
Val cunning hides under the alias of
Val Forsey (See the members list)
:blush: :what: sorry - should have checked !
What a great lady too :respect:

Yliander
18th-May-2006, 12:07 AM
Tim (danced with him at Jango - he did tell me his forum name and I can't remember that damn memory of mine) - fun to dance with - offered a lady time to play :D had the pleasure of running into him again at Ceroc tonight - and now I know and won't forget his forum name - mooncalf

under par
18th-May-2006, 01:06 AM
Miss Conduct and Zebra Woman

both willing to be repeat partners for me at the first Southport when I transformed from a leader who danced worrying what move to do next into a leader who started (trying to begin )dancing to the music.

:worthy: :worthy:

WittyBird
18th-May-2006, 01:10 AM

I have to agree.
Karen has understood me in more ways than one and I am so glad I can class her as a friend :worthy:

ZW - Is amazing to watch and just makes me laugh :innocent:

There are so many others and YES you know who you are :drool: but I am not gonna mention you because you mean far to much to me :flower:

CJ
18th-May-2006, 01:57 AM
(never met a Forumite I didn’t like)

Is difficult, and I will miss out someone, because it's late and I'm tired. Most of my mentions go to southerners as I knew most of the Scots before they joined the forum...

Lory: The biggest smile and the warmest welcome. I will always remember our first meeting.

MissyD: dodo gizzard will never be the same again.:rofl:

Sparkles: an education

ZW: a revelation.:flower:

RK: legend.

Miss Conduct: an amazing dance @ Twyford opened my mind up to possibilities.

MinnieM/ Divissima/ UP: a truly heart touching warmth.

TwK: TOTALLY unnecessary shirt.:wink: :respect:

Spice'n'Easy: first proper meeting was BB, Aberdeen last Nov. Immensely cool guy.

Dee.:yum:

David and Lily B: again, a warmth and generosity of spirit I'd never encountered before.

Clevedonboy/Saxylady/Lou: another very warm welcome.

KatieR: Thank you!!!:flower: No, really: thank you!! :rofl:

SF: :rofl: :rofl:

Bottom line: yes, there are exceptions but I have had the most beautiful, soul-touching experiences meeting people from the Forum face to face. Some for the first time, some I've been lucky enough to get to know better.. I've re-read this post and it's a bit gushy:blush: . The truth is: I've been lucky enough to meet some really cool people. At this hour, these are the ones that stand out on just first meeting; there are others I would now call damned good friends:worthy: :worthy:

Lory
18th-May-2006, 11:14 AM
ZebraWoman - I thought, woooo that woman (with the legs) looks like she having far too much 'fun' on the dance floor.:devil: As soon as we started chatting, i knew she was totally on my wave length and we've since become really good friends.:hug:

Kev F - I thought, if only he'd look at me,:rolleyes: this would be my perfect dance :drool: He's come a very long way since!:worthy: :hug:

Marc (is he on here) I remember him when I first started, he had long hair and was wearing all white and danced in a fantastically unique and flamboyant way and I thought, i'm never going to be good enough for the likes of him :waycool:

Rachel - simply lovely :nice:

CJ - A complete nut case, who made me cry with laughter and a warm sincere, gentle side that shone through :hug:

Franck - my kind of guy, fun and relaxed, I liked him instantly:na:

Sheena - Bubbly bubbly bubbly (in all senses :whistle: ) and Never ceases to amaze me, where she gets her energy from :clap:

Mr Fitz - Charming and debonair, he hadn't been dancing long but it was obvious, he was going to be something special!:waycool:

Dave Hancock - I'd been watching him and thought, there's no way i'll be able to do all that crazy stuff. I really wanted to dance with him but at the same time, I was very nervous asking him.:blush:

Azande - So smoooooooth:drool:

Alex - I though, I've met my match here alright!:wink:

SilverFox - very cheeky! I thought, where's he been hiding and why haven't I seen him before :confused:

Trampy - I had to sit down and catch my breath for 10 minutes after our first dance! :really:

Witty bird - I thought, she's great fun and game for a laugh and I wonder how long it'll be before her boobs fall out of that dress? :rofl:

MissConduct - i thought, how lovely and elegant she is on the dance floor;) , then she surprised me with a disgustingly dirty laugh :devil:

Russel Saxsby - passion knows no bounds when he dances and a genuinely nice guy :cheers:

Underpar - wow, he's so tall. We met long before we became forumites, he hadn't been dancing that long but he was the ONLY one in the workshop I trusted, to 'drop' me :worthy:

Raphael - the impact of Raph didn't hit, until the day I arrived at Camber, alone, with an enormous suitcase, a huge flight of stairs to negotiate and no electricity. The mans a HERO.:hug:

LilyB - I first saw Lily at Camber, doing a cabaret, I was in total awe,:eek: the next day, she was doing some stretches before teaching and I cheekily asked if I could join in, (hoping a little bit of lily-ness would rub off on me) she was extremely pleasent and welcoming!:respect:

DavidB - I met on a BBC canteen bus and he was dressed as Elvis and not the most flattering of costumes either, he 'did' make me laugh, a lot!:D (I preferred him in his motorbike leathers, he changed into later:wink: )

Lisa - so natural, in every sense, with a beautiful effortless dance style :drool:

Paul F - Pre forum days... charming, with bright silver shoes.. always a pleasure to dance with :nice:

MinnieM - Her reputation went before her, I felt like i was meeting someone famous (which of course, she is):worthy:

Cruella - The first thing I noticed was 'the hat', she came across as very confident, bubbly and LOUD!:wink:

Roger Chin - (my first Camber)First impression.. Wow, I didn't know I could follow so many different moves!:waycool:

GoJive - It was in the Blues room at Camber and he made me feel like Ginger Rogers.:o

Obviously I know and like lot's more of you but these are the one's, who left 'lasting first impressions'!

Miss Conduct
18th-May-2006, 10:18 PM

both willing to be repeat partners for me at the first Southport when I transformed from a leader who danced worrying what move to do next into a leader who started (trying to begin )dancing to the music.

And succeeded admirably! The pleasure was, and still is, all mine.

Roll on June 2nd - we can do it all again. :flower:

Miss Conduct
18th-May-2006, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=Ceroc Jock]

Miss Conduct: an amazing dance @ Twyford opened my mind up to possibilities.

Yes, my memory of that dance concurs with yours. So memorable that my good friend ZW included the track we danced to on a CD she compiled for my birthday...

Pity we haven't had the opportunity to repeat the experiece yet - but I can wait. :wink: Any chance we'll see you at Southport...?

Miss Conduct
18th-May-2006, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=Lory]
:

MissConduct - i thought, how lovely and elegant she is on the dance floor;) , then she surprised me with a disgustingly dirty laugh :devil:

:what: :what: :what: :blush: :devil:

Missy D
19th-May-2006, 09:03 AM
MissyD: dodo gizzard will never be the same again.:rofl:

:

Ah such fond memories:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I shall be laughing about this all day at work!! You certainly know a good restuarant when you see one:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh and not forgetting that awful dish that was like cat poo (or maybe it really was):sick:

Tazmanian Devil
19th-May-2006, 10:26 PM
Oooh Tough Thread to write I think I may be here all night :sick:

Dan Hudson I could have sworn I knew him from somewhere!! First time I see him he was demoing at Welling with the gorgeous Kristen :worthy: I had only been dancing 7-8 weeks and they taught a fab class. Dan was very approchable and asked me to dance :flower:

Thewacko Nuts absolutely NUTS. Had me in fits of laughter at Bromley, thought he was a bit weird at first but soon learned he's just NUTS (he's now my landlord) :flower:

A Certain Lady Smoking outside Charlton venue absolutely lovely lovely lady heart of gold.

Russell Saxby on stage. NICE style

Emma Charlton again, really nice and approchable (got me on the forum) :cheers:

Claire :worthy: always smiling :worthy:

Bagpuss One of the nicest helpful Taxi's at Charlton

Barnpot Watched him dance in :awe:

KGD WOW was scared to ask him for a dance for 3 years (too good for me)

Mikeyr First dance was HOT :flower:

wongd :drool: Amazing another I couldn't bring myself to ask to dance :drool:

angelique Camber :rofl: Hip hop class what a laugh :rofl:

Chefat first thought he was cliquey (sorry hun this was at bromley 3-4years ago) :blush:

Chicky Lovely mover

ChrisA, BillCo, Sheepman, Mary, and Bex Uxbridge Christmas Party 2003 :worthy: :worthy: You all made me feel so welcome and Mary even helped me get a B&B on the doorstep of the venue :worthy: :worthy:

LilyB and DavidB Championships WOW WOW and WOW again :worthy:

Lounge Lizard :rofl: Camber 2003 (I think) :rofl: Brought him a beer while he was teaching (he needed it) :rofl:

LoryCamber. I watched in :awe: :awe: Sooo Smooth :worthy:

IainLCamber Mikeys class :rofl: :rofl: Very cheeky :rofl:

Robert Winter Thought Dan had dyed his hair :eek:

Dirty D Very enthusiastic beginner :worthy: :worthy:

WittyBird Camber :rofl: Smoking outside :rofl:

Asif All I can say to first impressions on him is :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Missy DCamber dancing with Ray :worthy: Wow that girl can move :worthy:

Zebra Woman Lovely mover, took a while for me to ask her to dance :blush:

Dee Very quiet (how wrong was I) :rofl: :rofl:

Cruella Very nice and easy to talk to :hug: :hug:

Fletch Lovely Lady Had been waiting ages to meet her anyway

Andreas :drool: :yum: :drool:

Barry Shnikov 3 dances on the trott :eek: but :worthy: :clap:

SilverFox Missy D done the honours (still unsure who dances sexier though him or DirtyD) :wink:

Tessalicious Sabbotage dance at Greenwich :clap: :worthy: Fantastic :clap:

wicked blueHarrow opening night :rofl: Double booked :rofl:

under parGreenwich Christmas party night :worthy: :worthy:

Spice 'n' EasyAshtons, Smooth dancer, quite cheeky :drool: :yum:

ESG Greenwich party night made me laugh :flower:

David James Eye River Dance lovely dance.

RaphaelCamber, Friendly, Cheeky, funny My kinda mate hit it off straight away :kiss: :hug:

Paul F:drool: :yum: :drool:

thewurlitzerrocksWarmwell lovely lovely dancer

Georgious dancer Hated her, No really I did!! Now look at us :eek:

wayaay birdVery quiet, that soon changed :wink:

Dave Hancock :drool: :yum: :drool: :yum: and at the same time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: on the dance floor.

There are so many more but my brain hurts from all this reminiscing :rofl: :rofl:

I have sooooo many fond memories of meeting so many forumites :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
20th-May-2006, 10:04 AM
......There are so many more but my brain hurts from all this reminiscing.........
well I certainly made a good impression :whistle:

Most of the forumites I knew before the forum so they don't really count, however here are a couple who I would NEVER have met had it not been for the forum (might have to make this part one as there are quite a few)

starting from the top :-

Franck - da boss - what a dynamic wonderful lovely friendly and generous guy, hope I have made a friend forever

Sheena da Queen of the pack - a bundly of love, hugs, and a really genuine person - you can't help but to love her, hopefully another friend forever

Mr. Fitz He introduced himself to me, and I wondered who he was at first - but was so impressed with the wonderful dance from the cool goodlooking guy, I ran over to a fellow forumite to find out who he was

CJ From the forum I expected the arrogant s@d - but when we eventially met, I was very very pleased to meet this really cool person so much fun to dance with and gives amazing hugs

Dance Demon Wow !! what can I say, he played music from my heaven and danced exactly on my wave length - what a man - my soulmate - if only he wasn't married (and to a great gal too) and I was about 15 years younger (at least) :drool:

KillingtimeThat was a surprise too, was very confused by some of his post (like wear my clothes etc :confused: ) but was pleasantly surprised to meet this young goodlooking, really nice and very friendly chap who is always smiling

DucasiThe picture in my head was about right, although he is older than he looks - a little shy, but a much much better dancer than I expected and a lovely chap

GadgetAnother surprise - what a great guy, so different (but in a nice way) and sooooooooo much fun to dance with

ClaireSHad a photo of what she looked like before we met - but was really surprised how differently she looked in real life, she is a really really pretty girl with a beautiful nature and a lovely personality.

----------- got to go out, part 2 coming shortly -----------------

Minnie M
20th-May-2006, 01:14 PM
Part two ....... or should it be :confused:

I am wondering if I should continue this..... I think I possibly have the possibly miss the point as reading my post, it is more like first impressions rather than impact at first sight and anyway it is getting very luvvy :rolleyes:

Before I sign off..... to the author of this thread, who I met long before I even joined the forum....

We were introduced by my old workmate, who was at the time Gojive's new workmate, thought nice friendly chap, especially for teckie :whistle:
needs a lot of lessons and dance practice ;) ........... however, over the years have got to know him better and can confirm his is a lovely dancer and a damn nice chap :worthy:

El Salsero Gringo
21st-May-2006, 04:14 PM
Could someone please index this thread - preferably alphabetically? I'm getting tired wading through all these long posts just to see if I'm mentioned

many thanks

Piglet
21st-May-2006, 05:03 PM
ESG - Can't wait to meet him :wink:

Gadget
21st-May-2006, 10:36 PM
The first forumite to make an impact would have been DavidH (Scooby) - before I even knew of this forum or much of ceroc; while everyone was finding a spot to dance in, doing a semi-circle and stepping back, he had been dancing from when he took the ladies hand.

BTC Bill and the 'spark' he could (can) generate with partners on the floor was probably the next forumite to make an impact on me.

(Needless to say that Lorna and Curtain have also had a large influence on me, although in a styling and learning rather than a "dance with" way. Franck and Lisa also fall into this group, as do DavidB and Adam)

Although not a forumite directly, Marc made a huge impact on my dancing - he was doing stuff I had never seen before, With style.

James (Jivebrummy) made more of a fashion impact when I first met him.

Although I can remember meeting lots of other male forumites, I can't recall any that made such a memorable impact on first meeting.

As to the female forumites.... :flower: Initial impact of Lisa (before she was a teacher) {Lovely style}, Rachel {Similar style, but more balletic}, Alex {sexy dancer}. ClaireS {hard to concentrate with those georgeous eyes watching you}, Drathzel {Energetic, fun and confident}, Cheeks {nice blues - just clicked},...
Anyone I meet at weekenders I am sorry to say are lost in a whurlwind of moments that are jumbled into one fantastic weekend of dancing. We may have met and had a dance where the world stopped and the music carried us through to the other side, but :blush: i'm sorry to say that in my head the dance gets attributed to the weekend rather than the person :sick: If that was/is you, then :flower::hug::kiss: more please :flower:.

Other forumites I dance with regularly, so the initial impact is sort of blurred, and I can't say for sure if they made an impact then, but special mention should go to Piglet, Freya and Vonney because they always seem to make an impact whenever I dance with them :flower: {I know I've missed a few(hundred) folk, but please don't lynch me :tears:}

Tazmanian Devil
22nd-May-2006, 01:05 AM
Could someone please index this thread - preferably alphabetically? I'm getting tired wading through all these long posts just to see if I'm mentioned

many thanks

Sorry hun I tried to do mine in porder of me meeting people, I still have some to do but my brain was hurting. I do believe you made it onto List 1 though :hug: :kiss:

Freya
22nd-May-2006, 01:49 AM
Ok I met a lot of Forumumites before I joined the forum and have still yet to meet alot of you further south! But hey some people still made an Impact so here Goes:

Piglet Trying to figure out who each other was when I first joined! then realising you were the wonderful woman dancer who I actually would manage the Intermediate routine with when I first started!:clap:
Gadget Oh My God! :eek: I was soooooo Scared when you first asked me to Dance! I was so awful! But I enjoyed every minute of it and all those Since!
AussieTim At My very First BB he asked me to dance when I was petrified! I hadn't danced and had been taken along by a friend! He was Completely Hyper! Now...One of my Best Friends in the Ceroc World :hug:
CJ Such a lovely Guy! :hug: I first met him at one of the Aberdeen Monthlies which he DJ'd at! He was going round asking those who weren't dancing very much to Dance! And The Kilt...Need I say More!
ClaireS At the Same Party as CJ. Such a lovely dancer with such Grace! Helped Clear her and CJ to clear up after and was just lovely to talk to!
BTC Bill :drool: :drool: :drool: What more can I say! Looking forward to a massage on day!
Franck, Janey, Sheena & Jammy The After party in Franck's Hotel Room! My First Proper BB! It convinced me to join the Forum!
TheTramp:eek: :eek: :worthy: :worthy: Lost for Words!
McJester:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Tried to make Me laugh While I had My Jaw Wired Shut!!!! Then Tried His VooDoo NLP stuff on Me! So Easy to Talk to and mess about on the Dance floor with! It was Friendship at firstsite!
Ducasi See if you can Guess who I am?????? What a wonderful 1st dance we had!
KillingTime Another one who knew who I was but I didn't know them! MEt at the BFG and had a couple of dances and couldn't for the life of me figure out who you were!
DanceDemon Couldn't wait to hear one of your Sets after being introduced! I had heard such Great things! And The Sunday Night at the BFG was Fantastic! Pity you couldn't play me one more Song!
Drathzell At the BFG at the end of the night! You were so nice pity it was such a short meeting! Your dancing was :drool: :worthy:

Sorry if I missed anyone! But those aree the People that instantly Spring to mind At this time in the morning!

Freya :hug: xXx

Gadget
22nd-May-2006, 11:16 PM
:blush: shhh, don't tell anyone, but Caro should also be on the 'local' list; besides from being a very nice mover, she is the only one brave enough to attempt to lead me... :what: ... although I'm not sure about the impact that has... :whistle:

cheeks
24th-May-2006, 10:04 AM
Cheeks {nice blues - just clicked},...

:hug: :kiss:

Men

Gadget:whistle: :devil:
Most definately! first time we danced was amazing and it just gets better and better :drool: (although don't seem to get as many these days!:tears: )

James(Jivebrummie)- Makes dancing seem so effortess and stylish, funky and fun and just a lovely person :drool: :respect:

Burge Wow!:drool: fun! fantastic energitic dancing although must admit do love the blues dances to:devil: One of the nicest people and a special friend :hug:

Franck- To watch he always appears to be flirtatious with the mischievious smile, to dance with well need I say more :yum:

Sherwin(Dundee not sure is formite though) Wow! the first person I danced with I was petrified as he was demo and he was just the nicest person, on my first night he lead me into spins and moves with ease....and to this day a fab dance is always had!

Brian Mr Fitz- :drool: :drool: :drool: fantastic lead, lovely to dance with fun to watch and one of the nicest guys just clicked :yum: :hug: .....even when I started breaking wine glasses and spilling red wine all over his lovely kitchen lol.....( by accident) :awe:

Alex so energetic and fun :hug:

Luca Azande the most gentle and sensual lead making for a fantastic dance:drool:

BTC Bill -Wow from the first dance to this day was one of the first people I danced with at my first BB and I changed his name to BTS.....:whistle::whistle:

Ladies

Sheena our very own Tiggerbabe Always makes dancing look so much fun, and is just a lovely person who just makes you feel comfortable and is always aware of new faces making them welcome from the of set ( also fab after party party's

Lisa Wow what style! lovely to watch lovely style and fantastic wardrobe just generally one of the nicest people! :hug:

Aleks Lovely! Bubbly! Sexy ! :respect: :hug:

Peaches, Petal, Tinkerbell The first ladies to really start chatting to me also peaches and petal first ladies to lead me Fantastic people fab fun and special friends :hug:

MelBMad as a hatter :hug: fantastic dancer funky, energetic and so much more :respect: Special Friend!:clap:

vonney- always there with a smile, lovely person and lovely dancer and fantastic host:hug:

Drathzel- So energetic and so much fun had many a late night giggle we done our first BB via forum without meeting, rooms and all and just clicked!:hug:

I could just keep going but so many people to mention I could be here all day I will just have to keep adding them at intervals ......:flower:

cheeks
24th-May-2006, 10:25 AM
The Tramp

From the first time I watched him dance I thought Wow!:respect: He was the first person to put me into dips and drops, he always makes sure I get to parties and events and even makes sure I leave my card in the car as I have a tendancy to spend to much on our late night shopping trips!:clap: Fantastic person and great friend!!!! Even makes a good cup of coffee!!!!:hug: :kiss: :hug:

stewart38
24th-May-2006, 01:57 PM
well I certainly made a good impression :whistle:

ClaireSHad a photo of what she looked like before we met - but was really surprised how differently she looked in real life, she is a really really pretty girl with a beautiful nature and a lovely personality.

----------- got to go out, part 2 coming shortly -----------------

Me to :whistle:

and :yeah:

thewacko
27th-May-2006, 07:10 AM
Tazmanian Devil - 1st met her before I joined the Forum but first impression was wow who is that goddess in leather (know her better now and rather than goddess I know she is a devil)

Emma - once again met her pre-forum I actually met Em as she first started Ceroc at Charlton and thought wow this lady can dance bet she will be good at this (hey I was right for once)

Dan Hudson - once again pre-Forum, but 1st impression was hey hes a fun guy and his misses:awe: :love:

Gorgious Dancer - nice quiet girl, keeps herself to herself well that soon changed

Wayayayayayabird - two things spring to mind:eek:

Mikeyr - one cool dude who can move

DirtyD - good laugh and a good dancer - I was shocked when I realised I had helped his mum to dance!!!!!!!!!

A Certain Lady - I am too biased to post, but she definately made an impression on me:love:

Rosie Posie - lovelly dancer - love you lots xxxBrian

The above are all people I knew prior to knowing they were on the forum or pre-forum

Some people I met through the forum:
wittybird - well that one word just about sums it up - but definately unforgettable

MissyDee - wow those dresses look fantastic

Fletch - what a beautiful lady :drool: but that brummy accent:whistle:

Ghost - a very quiet and thoughtful guy (get yer hair cut) with a suprising sense of humour

Zebrawoman - OMG God is a woman I could worship her for definate

Cruella - what a luverly woman and an especially nice dancer

Raphael - now there is one cool dude - hey I am a man so why do I keep watching his wiggle:eek:

Underpar - my neck ached looking up at him but definately one of the few Gentlemen of the forum

Rythm King - wow what a great guy - :mad: how does he get all those beautiful women to gather round him like that

Andy McGregor - he was the original Wittybird - is there nothing this guy wont do:worthy: :worthy: :rofl: :rofl:

Minnie M - first met her at the 2nd Charlton venue with Andy Mcgregor - luverly luverly woman

LilyB - first saw her in the ariel thing at the champs - does she have wings I have since danced with her at Bow and what a loverly woman she is

Wow the 7 dwarf thing has just happened and I can not think of any more at the moment - this is the first thread where it actually hurts yer head to post on

Minnie M
27th-May-2006, 09:28 AM
Andy McGregor - he was the original Wittybird - is there nothing this guy wont do:worthy: :worthy: :rofl: :rofl:

smoke :eek: which is what Witty Bird does :whistle:

Although Andy says he often smoulders :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

cheeks
27th-May-2006, 02:02 PM
okay back to impact now that I can get on computer while kids are all scarce lol.....

Dance Demon- so smooth and such a lovely person also fab music every where I he dj's:respect:

Lory Wow fab person, fab dancer and was just such a bubbly person when I eventially met her :hug:

Obi Wow what can I say it was a simple as I need to dance with him then when I did I realised why every female he had danced with was smiling:whistle:

Baldrick:love: second time we met we were cerocing in JJ in Glasgow and not on a class night just a wonderful person:flower:

Elaine B I want to look that elegant, just a wonderful approachable person:hug:

Bangers and Mash so much fun :hug:

Johnthehappyguy First time I met John was at party night at Henry Wood Halls and he was changing his clothes in the car ......now that was an impact :blush: :hug:

Dreadful Scathe Had my first dance with him at BFG Perth while he was in character took me ages to figure out it was the gorgeous Nick....think it was half way through a dance :blush:

Baby Peaches Just one of the most enthusiastic people I had met lovely person lovely dancer and as mad as the rest of us ....:hug: :kiss: :hug:

Shortstuff Initially thought what a fab smooth little dancer but she was so quiet ......quiet how wrong could I have been :love: now would be wrong to do a weekender with out her :wink:

Pretzelmeister So much energy and just so much fun to dance with, but wow how can he sweat so much.....:hug: Paul your one in a million

Dancing Tattoo Wow:drool:Lovely lead ,funky, mad as a hatter to met him for first time in Blackpool some fantastic dances and memorable moments :awe:

Little Monkey Fantastic fun she always seemed to be enjoying herself just a lovely fun person

Jammy So energetic, lovely lead, fab fun and funky dances, lovely person just wanted to take him home :hug:

CJ lovely person just clicked great kilts:whistle: fab dancer and great hugs also fab music:hug: on saying that if I remember correctly first thought BFG Perth what fab hair and hey we got matching cheeks.........

Amir Wow:drool: Smooth had only danced tango few months when went to Jango weekend @ the BB has some amazing dances :respect: :hug:

So many formites so much impact......:hug: :kiss:

Bangers & Mash
28th-May-2006, 02:24 AM
okay back to impact now that I can get on computer while kids are all scarce lol.....

Bangers and Mash so much fun :hug:

Right back at you babe. I looked for you for a dance at the edinburgh party but you weren't there :tears:

Still, I am hoping to make Route66 before I jet back to mainland Europe so hopefully I'll see you there :hug:

Hmm... other forumites that have made a great impact?

Cheeks (obviously) - great fun to dance with, and a babe :wink:
Drathzel - mini Lisa on the dance floor, has a style/elegance and mischeif
Franck - what can you say, the man!
Tiggerbabe - only girl to make me blush on the dancefloor, and to still blush two years later :blush:
Lisa - patience of a saint and grace of a god :respect:

There's plenty of friends I made, both on and off the forum. And they know who they are...

cheeks
28th-May-2006, 12:58 PM
Right back at you babe. I looked for you for a dance at the edinburgh party but you weren't there :tears:

Still, I am hoping to make Route66 before I jet back to mainland Europe so hopefully I'll see you there :hug:

Hmm... other forumites that have made a great impact?

Cheeks (obviously) - great fun to dance with, and a babe :wink:

Ty baby :blush:

I didn't know you were back let alone going to edinburgh party :tears: :tears: or I would have been there with bells on.......:whistle: hope you had fab birthday baby hopefully see you real soon for a fab fun :devil: dance it's been a while:drool:

Huge hugs

Paulinexx

Lory
28th-May-2006, 05:04 PM
Lory Wow fab person, fab dancer and was just such a bubbly person when I eventially met her :hug:

Thank you hun :flower: :hug:

And when I met you, I thought, what a lovely 'fun' person:na:

..but there is NO WAY this young, trendy girl, with such an cheeky way, with a figure to die for has four (or was it FIVE?) KIDS! :eek: :worthy:

Missy D
29th-May-2006, 09:47 AM
I will probably miss out many but here goes:-

Dee - sure we have met before.

Lory - Beautiful hair, lovely person and great smile.

Witty - Glass of wine in one hand, fag in the other. Made me laugh so much.

Taz - A lovely person and fantastic lead

Georgious Dancer - What a smile

Wacko - Slippers! How crazy are you? reminded me of a 'Hillbilly'

Dirty D - Needed a cold shower after our first dancers:drool:

Foxy -:drool:

Mikeyr - :awe:

Danny (the new one) - One of the sexiest male dancers ever:drool:

MinnieM - Seen you for a long time - you made me laugh so much talking about boobs one time at Camber

Russell Saxby - Scruffy looking bloke but the smoothest dancer.

Dancing Teeth - :worthy:

Dizzy - Such a sweet person.

LucyLocket - A wonderful person, a wonderful friend.

Jacksondonunt - When me, you and Dee are together laughter is all around.

Spice and Easy - Always smiling - often wonder what on his mind.

Will - A lovely man and a lovely dancer too.

Sheepman - Always in the same mood, a really nice man.

Cruella - Good dancer and poplular with the male dancers.

Msfab - Great lead and a lovely person

Ceroc Jock - How can anyone be sad when he is around. Always makes me laugh

KGD - Was my night in shining armour in Scotland and will always be my friend

ESG - Lovely dancer, never sure what is on his mind as he has a knowing smile

Tessalicious - Beautiful dresses, lovely to dance with too.

Sparkles - Cakes,

PuddyTat - Alway happy to see you

Raphael - lovely to dance with.

Roger C - cheeky dancer

Miss Conduct - Always happy

BobGadget - Gets it right most of the time.

LatinLover - Great dancer and always happy.

Cerocmetro - Love dancing with you Adam - see you in June

Drathzel - you are so funny. Love to watch you dance too.

Simonr - wonderful dancer

Lindyloo - I learnt from you.

Smooth Kelly - What a nice man.

Stu - Asks everyone to dance

Captain Fantastic - What a great dancer you are.

Paul F - I love dancing with you

David B - Love dancing with you too

LillyB - Have you really got bones in your body - you are brilliant

Sorry if I have missed anyone!

Missy D
29th-May-2006, 10:05 AM
Oh poo i forgot:-

Fletch - Tall, Blonde, wears the best dresses.

Under Par - Tall very, very tall

Ghost - Bows before dances with you - a gentle person

Icey - Lovely Woman

Mr Darcy - Lovely too

Ste - A lovely honest man

Mary - Always chats to me - lovely woman

CeeCee - Everyone loves CeeCee

The Tramp - Will be a great dancer once he is not a beginner

Minnie M
29th-May-2006, 10:28 AM
MinnieM - you made me laugh so much talking about boobs one time at Camber
:confused: don't remember that :eek:

Trouble is there are quite a few forumites who I think I know (recognise) but can't put the names to the faces..... really really apologise if I appear to ignore you, I really am a friendly person :innocent:

It is a shame we can't wear badges so we know who we all are - I have tried to do this a couple of times, but it didn't really work :sad:

Maybe we can get to know each other better at Southport :clap:

Bubbalou
29th-May-2006, 10:29 AM
Well, IMO all forumites are wonderful..........:love:

Job done....................:clap: :clap:

Lou xx:kiss:

Missy D
29th-May-2006, 12:16 PM
:confused: don't remember that :eek:

Trouble is there are quite a few forumites who I think I know (recognise) but can't put the names to the faces..... really really apologise if I appear to ignore you, I really am a friendly person :innocent:

It is a shame we can't wear badges so we know who we all are - I have tried to do this a couple of times, but it didn't really work :sad:

Maybe we can get to know each other better at Southport :clap:

The conversation happened at Camber November. Cant remember what you said to me and Dee but I kept laughing for ages about it.

With the badges I saw Russell Saxby wearing mine:rofl:

cheeks
29th-May-2006, 12:25 PM
Thank you hun :flower: :hug:

And when I met you, I thought, what a lovely 'fun' person:na:

..but there is NO WAY this young, trendy girl, with such an cheeky way, with a figure to die for has four (or was it FIVE?) KIDS! :eek: :worthy:

:blush::blush: :blush: thankyou baby!:hug: :kiss: :hug:

It's only 4 :eek:

Would be a great advert huh!:rofl:

Have a figure like mine

easy no need to diet
eat as much as you like (when pregnant excuse eating for 2 lol)
have a guaraunteed personal trainer for the rest of your life

Rules

You must nurture, provide and care for 4 children

{Don't touch that !}

{Mummy **** just spilt juice all over the carpet!}

{running water ....***** playing in the bathroom ....sprint up stairs ...}

{ My trainers have burst}
{****:tears: fell and split his head.......}

Advantages they will provide

There will never be a chocolate bar left in the fridge for you to be tempted

Everytime u decide to sit down they will provide a reason for you to get back up

Everytime time you sneak to the bathroom with that bottle of wine and chocolate bar someone will be ill or in need of you!

The perfect bit is they wil always love you and provide you with so many good bits to .......:flower:

Apologies to all for hijacking thread....:blush:

Missy D
29th-May-2006, 02:56 PM
Just knew it wasnt a good idea to name people and now I have missed out one of the nicest people I know:-

Clive Long - Lovely man always with a smile.

Oh and

David James - Where is he these days? not on the forum or out dancing.

cheeks
29th-May-2006, 03:24 PM
Was sitting re-reading thread and realised.......

I could be here for ever naming formites and the impact at first sight, Lorna , Monika& Sam, McJester, Ducasi, Claire S, Piglet, etc etc.....

I don't always remember names :blush: but remember the dance and the person :drool:

Many formites have made an impact and yet I am still to meet them :nice:

Every person I have met or watched since starting Ceroc just over 2 years ago has made an impact one way or another and I have made many friends along the way........

:respect:

:hug: :kiss: :hug:

still so many formites to meet.......:clap:...

the journey continues :worthy:

:love:

Pauline:flower:

{on the name badges thing....what about a band for your wrist when attending a party or event! that way doesn't get lost amongst all those fab costume changes.}

Cruella
29th-May-2006, 08:35 PM

:tears: :tears: Don't the girlies like me then!

Lory
29th-May-2006, 08:55 PM
Don't be like that :rolleyes: it was two lovely compliments :yeah:

Cruella
29th-May-2006, 09:44 PM
Yes i know, thank you Missy D :flower: I was only joking. :innocent: You're not taking me seriously surely Lory. :D

Missy D
29th-May-2006, 10:31 PM

We love you C! :hug:

OMG I forgot someone else:-

Kev F - Lovely smooth dancer!

Ghost
29th-May-2006, 10:55 PM

At the last Slinkys this lovely lady was wearing a red t-shirt with a foreign slogan on the front, maybe a Rock Band? :confused: Something like "Divissima" :whistle:
Brilliant :worthy:

Anyone who's watched Randal and Hopkirk will recognise me.......
:wink:
Christopher

Stuart M
31st-May-2006, 09:43 AM
Should really be impact at second sight :blush: , since I met her at the one London Ceroc Champs I went to. But that was about 4 years ago and I was about to do a cabaret, so everything was a blur. Anyway, I met Lou again last night :grin:

Besides, she was behaving herself back then...

Looking forward to many more dances Lou and sorry I didn't stop for a chat - taxiing, leaving at 10:30, so many good dancers...

Ghost
31st-May-2006, 01:35 PM
Tazmanian Devil - 1st met her before I joined the Forum but first impression was wow who is that goddess in leather (know her better now and rather than goddess I know she is a devil) Ok there's an image that's now stuck in my mind :drool:

Wayayayayayabird - two things spring to mind:eek: Yeah, she's got beautiful eyes hasn't she :wink:

Ghost - a very quiet and thoughtful guy (get yer hair cut) with a suprising sense of humour :cheers:

Wow the 7 dwarf thing has just happened and I can not think of any more at the moment - this is the first thread where it actually hurts yer head to post on
Just wait 'til you remember the people you've forgotten.........:blush:

Be Well,
Christopher

thewacko
31st-May-2006, 07:06 PM
Ok there's an image that's now stuck in my mind :drool: certainly stuck in mine:D

Yeah, she's got beautiful eyes hasn't she :wink: Must admit I like the way they follow you around the room:rofl:

:cheers: does this mean you are getting your hair cut then:eek:

Just wait 'til you remember the people you've forgotten.........:blush:

Be Well,
Christopher There are so many everytime I think of someone, someone else pops into my head and pushes the first person out again but a few (before I forget):

Jackson Donut - fantastic lady - but with a surname like that hardly suprising:waycool:

Lynn - loverly dancer

Dee - breifly met at hammersmith and keep missing her ever since:tears:

thats it everyone else got pushed out again

stewart38
31st-May-2006, 08:18 PM
I will probably miss out many but here goes:-

Dee - sure we have met before.

Lory - Beautiful hair, lovely person and great smile.

Witty - Glass of wine in one hand, fag in the other. Made me laugh so much.

Taz - A lovely person and fantastic lead

Georgious Dancer - What a smile

Wacko - Slippers! How crazy are you? reminded me of a 'Hillbilly'

Dirty D - Needed a cold shower after our first dancers:drool:

Foxy -:drool:

Mikeyr - :awe:

Danny (the new one) - One of the sexiest male dancers ever:drool:

MinnieM - Seen you for a long time - you made me laugh so much talking about boobs one time at Camber

Russell Saxby - Scruffy looking bloke but the smoothest dancer.

Dancing Teeth - :worthy:

Dizzy - Such a sweet person.

LucyLocket - A wonderful person, a wonderful friend.

Jacksondonunt - When me, you and Dee are together laughter is all around.

Spice and Easy - Always smiling - often wonder what on his mind.

Will - A lovely man and a lovely dancer too.

Sheepman - Always in the same mood, a really nice man.

Msfab - Great lead and a lovely person

Ceroc Jock - How can anyone be sad when he is around. Always makes me laugh

KGD - Was my night in shining armour in Scotland and will always be my friend

ESG - Lovely dancer, never sure what is on his mind as he has a knowing smile

Tessalicious - Beautiful dresses, lovely to dance with too.

Sparkles - Cakes,

PuddyTat - Alway happy to see you

Raphael - lovely to dance with.

Roger C - cheeky dancer

Miss Conduct - Always happy

BobGadget - Gets it right most of the time.

LatinLover - Great dancer and always happy.

Cerocmetro - Love dancing with you Adam - see you in June

Drathzel - you are so funny. Love to watch you dance too.

Simonr - wonderful dancer

Lindyloo - I learnt from you.

Smooth Kelly - What a nice man.

Stu - Asks everyone to dance

Captain Fantastic - What a great dancer you are.

Paul F - I love dancing with you

David B - Love dancing with you too

LillyB - Have you really got bones in your body - you are brilliant

Sorry if I have missed anyone!

:tears: :tears: It was a 100 miles round trip

Missy D
31st-May-2006, 11:23 PM
:tears: :tears: It was a 100 miles round trip

Oh no! now i am in big trouble!

S38 - Such a lovely man - that put himself out just for me so I wouldn't have to spend christmas eve alone. Picked me up drove me to Twyford dropped me back to Finchley then went back to Surrey. A lovely, lovely, man that also makes me laugh so much. I am so sorry I missed you out! please forgive me:flower: :hug:

Ghost
31st-May-2006, 11:37 PM
does this mean you are getting your hair cut then:eek: Nope - how is Georgious Dancer supposed to ask me to dance if I she can't pull my pony tail? :wink:

Be Well,
Christopher

jockey
31st-May-2006, 11:40 PM
A blonde lady at Southport who said after our first dance at the Forum dance on the friday : "you must be Silver Fox". Correct me if I am wrong LittleMc..

El Salsero Gringo. I was introduced to him at a dance in London by Minnie M (how do you do, pleased to meet you etc etc) and discovered afterwards that the night before he had launched an attack on me on the forum. He knew he had but I didnt and he didnt say a dickeybird about it..AND he got an award for it!

Lory at Greenwich. She was lovely and made me feel great.

I dont know if she is on the Forum but Cat (teaches with Amir) - blew me away at Hove Champs in freestyle:clap:

El Salsero Gringo
31st-May-2006, 11:45 PM
El Salsero Gringo. I was introduced to him at a dance in London by Minnie M (how do you do, pleased to meet you etc etc) and discovered afterwards that the night before he had launched an attack on me on the forum. He knew he had but I didnt and he didnt say a dickeybird about it..AND he got an award for it!Which post do you have in mind?

Cruella
1st-June-2006, 09:13 AM
A blonde lady at Southport who said after our first dance at the Forum dance on the friday : "you must be Silver Fox". Correct me if I am wrong LittleMc..

I'll verify this as Emmas not around at present. She still gets you both mixed up.:rolleyes: If i were you, i wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry!!

robd
1st-June-2006, 09:22 AM
El Salsero Gringo. I was introduced to him at a dance in London by Minnie M (how do you do, pleased to meet you etc etc) and discovered afterwards that the night before he had launched an attack on me on the forum. He knew he had but I didnt and he didnt say a dickeybird about it..AND he got an award for it!

This is interesting and kinda relevant to the thread in terms of asking how forum members relate to other forumites of the same sex? I rarely bother initiating an introduction with male forumites even if I am at the same event (and I have been at the same events as ESG for instance a few times and still not spoken to him) and they've been pointed out to me because my view is, beyond the pleasantries, what are we going to talk about?
"Hi, I'm robd"
"Hi, I'm ***"
"Good night?"
"Yes, you?"
"Lots of women!"
"Yes, better get back to dancing...."

This doesn't mean I don't know other male forumites or will try to actively avoid them, just that there's less incentive to get to know them than the women.

I suspect for the women it's different because the inevitable gender imbalance tends to mean they spend more time in each others company (and conversely means men are more likely to be occupied on the floor than available for chatting off it).
Oh, and of course all women love gossiping

El Salsero Gringo
1st-June-2006, 02:21 PM
This is interesting and kinda relevant to the thread in terms of asking how forum members relate to other forumites of the same sex? I rarely bother initiating an introduction with male forumites even if I am at the same event (and I have been at the same events as ESG for instance a few times and still not spoken to him) and they've been pointed out to me because my view is, beyond the pleasantries, what are we going to talk about?
"Hi, I'm robd"
"Hi, I'm ***"
"Good night?"
"Yes, you?"
"Lots of women!"
"Yes, better get back to dancing...."

This doesn't mean I don't know other male forumites or will try to actively avoid them, just that there's less incentive to get to know them than the women.

I suspect for the women it's different because the inevitable gender imbalance tends to mean they spend more time in each others company (and conversely means men are more likely to be occupied on the floor than available for chatting off it).
Oh, and of course all women love gossipingI know exactly what you mean. Also, even when I'm in the middle of a 'heated debate' with someone on the forum about something (usually trivial) I the topic never forms part of the conversation when I see them in the flesh. It's like Forum threads take place in a different universe, and it takes a huge effort of will mix Forum and 'real'.

Lory
1st-June-2006, 03:03 PM
I rarely bother initiating an introduction with male forumites even if I am at the same event ~snip~ beyond the pleasantries, what are we going to talk about?

I know exactly what you mean.
Not ALL men are the same.. Franck, SF, kev, Clive Long, Spicey, Groovy Dancer, Asif, Rhythm King, and Raphael aren't, to name but a few!:)

Minnie M
1st-June-2006, 03:50 PM
I dont know if she is on the Forum but Cat (teaches with Amir) - blew me away at Hove Champs in freestyle:clap:
:confused: didn't think Cat was at the Hove Champs ???? Ceroc champs yes :flower:

Ghost
2nd-June-2006, 12:33 AM
I know exactly what you mean. Also, even when I'm in the middle of a 'heated debate' with someone on the forum about something (usually trivial) I the topic never forms part of the conversation when I see them in the flesh. It's like Forum threads take place in a different universe, and it takes a huge effort of will mix Forum and 'real'. Whereas for me it's just natural to continue the conversation between both worlds.

Food for thought - I once had a heated debate with a good friend over something that seemed important at the time. As I was walking home I realised it was trivial, I was an idiot and I should go back and make peace with my friend. But then I thought "He'll still be angry - I'll see him tomorrow anyway and he'll have calmed down. I can apologise and it'll all be fine." He died that night.

Be Well,
Christopher

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-June-2006, 09:09 AM
Whereas for me it's just natural to continue the conversation between both worlds.

Food for thought - I once had a heated debate with a good friend over something that seemed important at the time. As I was walking home I realised it was trivial, I was an idiot and I should go back and make peace with my friend. But then I thought "He'll still be angry - I'll see him tomorrow anyway and he'll have calmed down. I can apologise and it'll all be fine." He died that night.

Be Well,
ChristopherProbaby a bad idea to get involved in heated debate in the first place if you're going to say the kind of things for which you'll later feel a need to apologise.

Don't let the sun go down on a fight - sure. But while we're sharing the counsel of perfection, how about "don't get into fights to begin with"?

Ghost
2nd-June-2006, 12:17 PM
Probaby a bad idea to get involved in heated debate in the first place if you're going to say the kind of things for which you'll later feel a need to apologise.

Don't let the sun go down on a fight - sure. But while we're sharing the counsel of perfection, how about "don't get into fights to begin with"?
Good advice - I try not to.

Be Well,
Christopher

Lory
6th-June-2006, 06:16 PM
I rarely bother initiating an introduction with male forumites even if I am at the same event ~snip~ because my view is, beyond the pleasantries, what are we going to talk about?

I caught you chatting to another male forumite this weekend. :wink: What 'did' you end up talking about then?:D

Minnie M
6th-June-2006, 07:33 PM
I caught you chatting to another male forumite this weekend. :wink: What 'did' you end up talking about then?:D

Was it Silver Fox :whistle:

Gojive
7th-June-2006, 03:21 PM
I caught you chatting to another male forumite this weekend. What 'did' you end up talking about then?

Was it Silver Fox :whistle:

Please don't tell me all the men are talking about SF too now? :eek: :wink:

robd
11th-June-2006, 07:08 PM

Whether you'd be making him bacon and eggs for breakfast the next day.

Seriously.

Beowulf
11th-June-2006, 07:25 PM
Do you think we could have a secret forums handshake or something? So One can identify another forumite on the dance floor,

As it happens I can only identify a couple of people from the forums on the floor. Namely Gadget (I long to be as good as he is) and Freya (Don't actually think I've had the pleasure of a dance yet.. but watched her dance with Gadge) of course, Not forgetting Lorna .. without whom I wouldn't even know the few moves I do.

I'm quite embarassed to say that I seem to have danced with Piglet but I cannot put a face to the name. So Sorry piglet.. Please feel free to poke me in the ribs and say "Oi.. Beo it's Piglet" next time we meet. I can honestly say though, everyone I've met and danced with so far has had an inpact on me.

Kev F
11th-June-2006, 09:48 PM
Whether you'd be making him bacon and eggs for breakfast the next day.

Seriously.

I don't believe that lory has ever seen breakfast at a weekender, never mind cooked it. :devil: If I saw her emerging from her chalet before lunch I'd call an ambulance. :rofl:

There was probably more chance of breakfast being cooked for me by Erin Boag scantily clad in suspenders and stockings...but as it happens, the restaurant did a fair fry-up. :yum:

Freya
21st-June-2006, 07:00 PM
Ok this is the first of my posts about the Weekend and will be the shortest!

Met some new people at the Beach Ballroom and just gotta sa y what a lovely bunch of peeps they are!!!

Silver Fox - First words out of his mouth "So your Freya" And the first Forumite I met! Lovely guy with a cheeky personality!

Spice 'n' Easy - Our first dance wasn't brilliant on Saturday but on sunday all I can say is 'WOW' some fantastic ones. Felt all Hurt that we didn't invite him for a midnight paddle in the sea before the After PArty! Did you get wet enough on Sun???

Dirty D - Fabby Dancer such fun and some 'Hot' Moves

Russel Suxby - 'WOW' to watch him dance! Was very intimdated by him!

And last but not least, Definately not least:

Fletch - Was so scared to meet you coz you seam like such a big personality on the forum. What an impact you made in that fantastic dress! Great fun. Easy to chat to. I hope you'll keep in touch!

Russell Saxby
21st-June-2006, 10:31 PM

:sad:

Tazmanian Devil
21st-June-2006, 10:45 PM
Ahhh he's a pussy cat really :respect:

Fletch - Was so scared to meet you coz you seam like such a big personality on the forum. What an impact you made in that fantastic dress! Great fun. Easy to chat to. I hope you'll keep in touch!
Fletch is a lovely lovely lady who always has the most gorgeous outfits :worthy: It just goes to show that the pictures you have of people on the forum before you meet are not necessarily true. :kiss: :hug:

WittyBird
21st-June-2006, 10:46 PM
It just goes to show that the pictures you have of people on the forum before you meet are not necessarily true. :kiss: :hug:

That is oh so true :D

jockey
21st-June-2006, 10:49 PM
:confused: didn't think Cat was at the Hove Champs ???? Ceroc champs yes :flower:
It was definitely Catarina (sp?) Wiles and it was at Hove but she wasnt competing and she wasnt teaching then. It was a freestyle dance in a break or in the evening - I cant remember where I was working yesterday but it was one of those dances you just dont ever forget. My comment was "wow" and I am hard to please...

Minnie M
22nd-June-2006, 12:15 AM
It was definitely Catarina (sp?) Wiles and it was at Hove but she wasnt competing and she wasnt teaching then. It was a freestyle dance in a break or in the evening - I cant remember where I was working yesterday but it was one of those dances you just dont ever forget. My comment was "wow" and I am hard to please...
thought you meant last year's comp .........

Jivingdan
6th-July-2006, 11:32 PM
I met serendipity tonight dancing in Bedford.She is as lovely in person as she seems in cyber space. Thank you serendipity for the dances and I look forward to reading more of your input on the forum. :nice: