15th-May-2006, 02:34 PM
500 Club, Lightwater (Lindy) on Saturday. :grin:
WCS, Bisley on Sunday (possibly).

under par
15th-May-2006, 02:35 PM
ZW and me doing the Ashtons / Slinkys combo.....:hug: :yeah:

mikeyr
15th-May-2006, 02:50 PM
Its the Ashtons/ Slinky's Combo for me too.:cool: Sunday doing a Cha cha Competition in Sunny South Woodford with Waayay Bird:flower: :hug:

fletch
15th-May-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm going to Ashton's on Friday and i'm supposed to be going to Bromsgrove on Saturday for a blues evening,:what: but now I see H.M.S. President is on Sunday,I had such a loverly time when I went before:cheers: and think i should make a weekend of it and go to Sliky's, :confused: I will have to see if there are any rooms at Le whitty's :hug:

WittyBird
15th-May-2006, 03:25 PM
but now I see H.M.S. President is on Sunday,I had such a loverly time when I went before:cheers: and think i should make a weekend of it and go to Sliky's, :confused: I will have to see if there are any rooms at Le whitty's :hug:

Your always welcome Room is permanently booked for you

latinlover
15th-May-2006, 03:42 PM
Hmmm........................ I see Senorita's got a busy weekend!

Donna
15th-May-2006, 03:53 PM
Wey hey! I'm off to see Darren and Lilia this weekend plus there is a masquerade ball on!! can't wait! got my mask ready which is absolutely stunning and come all the way from New Orleans. Guess this is going to be a looooong week. :sad:

Minnie M
15th-May-2006, 03:59 PM
........got my mask ready which is absolutely stunning and come all the way from New Orleans......

I bought a hand made mask in New Orleans in the French Quarter - it beautiful and very elaborate

BTW D&L are amazing, saw them recently at Dorking :respect:

Donna
15th-May-2006, 04:21 PM
I bought a hand made mask in New Orleans in the French Quarter - it beautiful and very elaborate

BTW D&L are amazing, saw them recently at Dorking :respect:

They do some fab ones don't they! Mine looks quite similar to this one...

The best thing about D&L coming over is that we are having a 4 course meal, a demo and then a dance! :clap:

EDIT: I've just had a thought... how the HELL am I going to cope with a simple underarm turn!!!!

fletch
15th-May-2006, 04:46 PM
Your always welcome Room is permanently booked for you
Thank you:flower:

TheTramp
16th-May-2006, 09:48 AM
There is of course the monthly party in Aberdeen* on Saturday night.

Saturday 20th May, Aberdeen. Aberdeen Douglas Hotel, 43-45 Market St. 8pm-1am.

*Thought that there should be at least 1 option in Scotland on the Scottish Forum!

under par
16th-May-2006, 01:40 PM
There is of course the montly party in Aberdeen* on Saturday night.

Saturday 20th May, Aberdeen. Aberdeen Douglas Hotel, 43-45 Market St. 8pm-1am.

*Thought that there should be at least 1 option in Scotland on the Scottish Forum!

Ooh who's touchy this morning?

:hug: have a hug:hug:

TheTramp
16th-May-2006, 03:21 PM
Ooh who's touchy this morning?

:hug: have a hug:hug:

Not touchy, but thanks for the hugs! :rolleyes:

Just noticed that I can't spell 'monthly' either :blush:

Tiggerbabe
16th-May-2006, 03:26 PM
Just noticed that I can't spell 'monthly' either :blush:
Don't worry :hug: I can :wink:

Anyone who's free on Saturday 20th May and in the Stirling area can always come busking with me :D

We're meeting outside the Albert Halls at 12.30 to start busking about 1.
Drinks and nibbles afterwards :drool:

Dance Demon
16th-May-2006, 05:47 PM
busy weekend....
Fri 19th Route 66 Edinburgh
Sat 20th (afternoon) will try to make Stirling busk
Sat 20th (evening) Mama Mortons Dundee

have fun everyone ,wherever you go..:cheers:

Trousers
16th-May-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm daun sarf tomorra!

Got an meeting/interview in Horsham and was looking for a good boogie on the way home.

Whats Orpers like now ?
or Surbiton
Guildford is a little small
Horsham itself is not starting on the journey home so thats out
Ahhhhhh Windsor!

It's a long time since this was my stomping ground so where's the place to go

please advise oh forumites of knowledge!

Lory
16th-May-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm daun sarf tomorra!

If your heading back via the M1, Ashtons is very close to Junction 1.:)

Minnie M
16th-May-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm daun sarf tomorra!

Got an meeting/interview in Horsham and was looking for a good boogie on the way home.

Whats Orpers like now ?
or Surbiton
Guildford is a little small
Horsham itself is not starting on the journey home so thats out
Ahhhhhh Windsor!

It's a long time since this was my stomping ground so where's the place to go

You could stay on in Horsham, there is a dance in Broadbridge Heath - or pop down to Brighton to Andy McGregor's Rocsters - or Bromley Ceroc Kent, or Ceroc Surrey's Sutton OR something different Nick Kirby's East Coast Swing in Coulsden :flower:

FirstMove
16th-May-2006, 09:20 PM
Sat is Ceroc Worcestershire's PULSE for me :clap:

http://www.cerockidderminster.co.uk/pulse.tpl

12 hours of total dance exhaustion :devil:

fletch
17th-May-2006, 02:44 PM
Sat is Ceroc Worcestershire's PULSE for me :clap:

http://www.cerockidderminster.co.uk/pulse.tpl

12 hours of total dance exhaustion :devil:
ooooer, you have made me feel guilty, I have a ticket for this and should be supporting the lovely Debbie Atwood,:flower: but the pull of a weekend in London has proved to much.:blush:

animaltalk
19th-May-2006, 10:15 AM
Hello,

Bank in London for Mum's birthday, but looking at dance options, very tempting:devil:

Or should I be a good son and do family stuff, , Hmm decisions :innocent:

At the moment I am thinking about Ashtons, Slinky and HMS. I can prob only do one, maybe 2. What would you londonites recommend.

Preferences: Experimental dancers, latin and or blues music

Ta

NTV:flower:

WittyBird
19th-May-2006, 10:29 AM
Hello,

Bank in London for Mum's birthday, but looking at dance options, very tempting:devil:

Or should I be a good son and do family stuff, , Hmm decisions :innocent:

At the moment I am thinking about Ashtons, Slinky and HMS. I can prob only do one, maybe 2. What would you londonites recommend.

Preferences: Experimental dancers, latin and or blues music

Ta

NTV:flower:

Slinky's is your best bet :cheers:

Msfab
19th-May-2006, 10:33 AM
Slinky's is your best bet :cheers:

:yeah:
Hopefully see you at Slinkys! Which has a choice of rooms/styles!:clap:

Lory
19th-May-2006, 01:01 PM

I'd say do Ashtons as well, if you can do two.;) Look at how many ladies are going, on the poll :what: plus it has a late finish time and CAKE :na: (for Kev F's birthday)

Rhythm King
19th-May-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm going to meet friends at the Casbah, for a gentle dance and see how I get on. If I'm up to it I'll come along to Ashtons later.

Tomorrow I'm committed to a Eurovision party :rolleyes: but may try to get to Slinkys before the end. Otherwise it'll be teeth flossing for me the rest of the weekend.

R-K :flower:

animaltalk
19th-May-2006, 07:31 PM
Ashton's sounds tempting, but wrong end of london, and good old BR has gone to bed by then.:mad:

You're prob all on the way now, you keen beans, if anyone is going to be heading back down south london way at the end and needs company to discuss music dances etc. let me know:hug:
Otherwise see you all at Slinky's:clap:

Nick (NTV)

animaltalk
19th-May-2006, 07:32 PM
Ashton's sounds tempting, but wrong end of london, and good old BR has gone to bed by then.:mad:

You're prob all on the way now, you keen beans, if anyone is going to be heading back down south london way at the end and needs company to discuss music dances etc. let me know:hug:
Otherwise see you all at Slinky's:clap:

Nick (NTV)

I'll try giving you my number this time: 07748 380 418

Lou
20th-May-2006, 07:16 AM
Tomorrow I'm committed to a Eurovision party :rolleyes:

:clap: Come on Finland! :clap:

(The guitar pyros get me every time....)

Zebra Woman
20th-May-2006, 11:30 AM
Ashtons Friday:

All in all a great night (sorry SF). I loved all of my dances, thank you everyone :clap: :cheers: :worthy: :drool: :devil: :hug: .

Good Points:

Great music from
Bob (thanks for playing all Lory's and my requests) :clap: and
Ian (as Latiny as ever):clap:

Kev's birthday dance - The man's a star! Mobbed by all those women and still he danced so well even double troubling towards the end.:worthy:

My new Z pedal pushers supplied by Fletch. Amazing thank you :flower: .

Enough men to go around :clap: .

Bad Points:

SilverFox not being there for frotting, we all missed him. :tears:

Lory's leg injury, hang in there girl :hug: .

ZW
:flower:

Lory
20th-May-2006, 12:21 PM
Everything
:yeah: I Still had a good night, even if I couldn't dance much! :rolleyes: :nice: (I'm saving myself for S'port, so watch out everyone :devil: )

The good news is, I made myself useful and took loads of photo's, :D I'll put them on Kev's Birthday thread! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8541) :cheers:

Cruella
20th-May-2006, 01:56 PM
Best night i've ever had at Ashtons. :clap: Loads of friendly forumites, the music was great and never a fight for a man, what more can a girl want.:D

Tazmanian Devil
20th-May-2006, 05:53 PM
Best night i've ever had at Ashtons. :clap: Loads of friendly forumites, the music was great and never a fight for a man, what more can a girl want.:D
Thats it make me feel worse about not going :sad: :sad:

Lory
20th-May-2006, 06:02 PM
Thats it make me feel worse about not going :sad: :sad:
We missed you, what happened?

Tazmanian Devil
20th-May-2006, 06:05 PM
We missed you, what happened?
:sad: Late home from work :sad:

It would have been hardly worth it by the time I got showered, ready and travelled up there :sad: I hope you all had a great night :hug:

robd
22nd-May-2006, 10:37 AM
Best night i've ever had at Ashtons. :clap:

My best night ever at Ashtons too. Mind you, it was also my first night ever at Ashtons which explains why I arrived at 8.45 when apparently the good dancers don't get there until 10 :whistle:

The good
Meeting lots of fabulous new dancers, forum and non. No names as I am bound to forget someone.
Meeting lots of my favourite forum people and enjoying some really fun dances
The queue for the bar - very orderly, is it always like that?
Kev F - very smooth and handled his birthday dances with aplomb
The DJs announcement re: floorcraft
Getting back on safari with Di-yena and Zebra sooner than expected. Some wonderful and some nice dances between the pair of them :stirring:

The bad
So many good dancers meant I missed out on many I would liked to have danced with esp. Sparkles who seemed to have left before I could ask her
The fact that the floorcraft announcement came way too late and was probably a waste of time given that none of the leaders will have thought they themselves were the ones being addressed
Some of the music - too much Latin for my tastes. I don't dislike it in and of itself - I just feel I can't do it justice on the dancefloor. Also getting a virtually undanceable (for me) track just at the point I had asked someone I really wanted to dance well with - always happens.

The ugly
People still doing daft dips and drops in that environment :headshaking:

Overall
As Arnie would say, I'll be back.