PDA

View Full Version : Muswell Hill Tea Dance Monday 29th May

WittyBird
15th-May-2006, 11:45 AM
Muswell Hill venue are hosting their first Tea Dance at a place called Cheekee Monkeez on Bank Holiday Monday 29th May 06 :cheers:

I don't have any further details unfortunately maybe Donkey Boy or Tessalicious could help.

Mellow Tea Dance - Monday 29th May - Bank Holiday

Three hours of cool tunes and dynamic dances from DJ Tessalicious and DJ Annette with tea, coffee and cakes served all afternoon.

At Cheekee Monkeez Bar/Restaurant - 159a Tottenham Lane N8 9BT from 3-6pm. Tickets are £7.50 in advance or £8.50 on the door.

Anyone else fancy this??

ben632664
16th-May-2006, 05:48 PM
nothing better to do, will probably give it a go

Trinity
16th-May-2006, 10:44 PM
Looks good, think I will venture that way :D

mikeyr
17th-May-2006, 11:34 AM
With the ever so Tessalicious, Tessalicious:respect::worthy: in da House. Thats where I'll be.

Tessalicious
17th-May-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks mikey :blush: .

This is the first event of its kind for us/me so I'm a little nervous - so it would be really nice to see a few familiar faces in the crowd. Places are limited though, so if you want to come along, I suggest you call up and reserve your ticket. I look forward to nabbing a few of you for some dances too :flower: .

Top Bird
17th-May-2006, 11:47 AM
Don't think I have anything else in my diary, so may well give it a go.

So Witty, looks like I may have to "Bloch" the date on my calendar and go and sort out which shoes to take with me, depending on whether they "pump" up the music.

WittyBird
17th-May-2006, 11:59 AM
So Witty, looks like I may have to "Bloch" the date on my calendar and go and sort out which shoes to take with me, depending on whether they "pump" up the music.

:rofl:

It's only 3 hours think I can last without the Blochs :rolleyes:

Tazmanian Devil
21st-May-2006, 01:07 PM
Sounds good I'll be there :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
21st-May-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm hoping to come up from Brighton with a couple of belles :flower:

Raphael
21st-May-2006, 03:29 PM
This is the first event of its kind for us/me so I'm a little nervous - so it would be really nice to see a few familiar faces in the crowd. Places are limited though, so if you want to come along, I suggest you call up and reserve your ticket. I look forward to nabbing a few of you for some dances too :flower: .

Im so sorry, but i will be working on that day :sad: , but i will be thinking about you, and i wish you every success, and dont be nervous, you will do an amazing job :respect: :hug: :flower: :worthy:

under par
23rd-May-2006, 06:53 AM
don't finish work till 3 pm so its an ever so sad no for Mrs Par and I :sad: :sad:

hope you all have a great day.

Good Luck Tesss and EsG:worthy:

Mary
23rd-May-2006, 08:25 AM
Luckily, or unluckily, depending on which way you look at it, I am working all week so no Sunday or Monday T-dances.:tears: :tears:

However I will be thinking about you so hope it all goes really well - sounds like you've got some good dancers making quite a journey. So lots of luck Tessa and ESG. :flower: :flower:

M

WittyBird
29th-May-2006, 07:29 PM
Wow what an afternoon.

The music was fantastic, lots of lovely dances although I do feel completely wiped out now :D

Great venue, shame about the floor

Nice to catch up with people

Anything going on this weekend? :rolleyes:

foxylady
29th-May-2006, 09:17 PM
It was indeed a really fab afternoon!!

The music was both up beat and downbeat enough, enough dancers of all standards to keep each other satified (is that the appropriate level of diplomacy???), the cakes (whilst not of Sparkles-home-made standard) were yummy, the bar was open, the atmosphere was friendly and fun...

Witty was obviously in pain at times (naughty girl !), but we all have to do what we all have to do to keep ourselves sane and happy... Glad to see you got home safely...

Very glad I went, and I am sure most others feel the same...

Foxy

Minnie M
29th-May-2006, 09:57 PM
Great afternoon - well worth the long journey (thanks for driving Dangerous Curves :hug: )

As Foxy said, good mixture of dancers and great music....

Only downside, is that because Tesslish was playing such great music we stayed till near 6pm and therefore I got back too late to go to Woking :sad: ... but hey I had a good afternoon (thank you Spicey for THREE wonderful dances :worthy: :drool: :respect: :love: ) - nice to see David James too :hug: - thank you too for a fab dance and Clive Long :clap: and Alec too ... so as you can see I had my dancing fix :clap:

Missy D
29th-May-2006, 10:19 PM
I had a great afternoon despite not arriving til 4.30pm. The music was excellent! big thank you to Annette, Esg and Tessalicious:clap: :clap:

What a lovely lot of people there today!

Thank you MinnieM for the introductions:flower: I finally got to meet the lovely DangerousCurves:flower:

Fab dances with Clive Long, Spice and Easy, Rythym King, ESG, and WittyBird.:hug:

Mikeyr I loved our dances so much! Thank you!:awe: You really are a wonderful dancer:worthy:

Minnie M
29th-May-2006, 10:24 PM
Mikeyr I loved our dances so much!
:confused: :tears: why didn't I get an introduction :sad:

Clive Long
29th-May-2006, 11:18 PM
Well done to ESG and Tessa and Annette.

I loved the layout, style and "vibe" of the venue - shame it isn't a tad bigger. It'll be great for a private party ... :thinks:

Lovely to get in the groove. Tessalicious, TopBird, MissyD, Witty, Taz, Foxy all sublime. Dizzy, 3 hours body roll practice please.I don't normally do the lovey, lovey bit by on the forum but top spot must go to Minnie M. She can do more with a simple step, pointed foot and shrug of a shoulder than many can achieve in a whole dance. Tempts me to defect into the whole Swing dance world.

CRL

Tazmanian Devil
29th-May-2006, 11:19 PM
:confused: :tears: why didn't I get an introduction :sad:
Oh sorry Minnie I didn't realise you hadn't met or I would have introduced you. :sad: You were watching me and Mikeyr dance on the platform partway through the afternoon he is the one with muscles and a vest :yum:

I had a great afternoon :clap: Well done Tess and Alec for organising the event and also for my lovely dances Tess :worthy: I love dancing with you we put the guys Frotting to shame :rofl: Alec I didn't know if I was coming or going with you and R-K :rofl: Who was leading me I didn't know it was fun though Rep coming to you both :cheers: :clap:

Big thanks to everyone for the dances a special :drool: :yum: :worthy: to Spice and easy, Mikeyr, WongD, DJ, The Long One, R-K, Minnie M, Witty (hillarious dance we had), Top Bird, Dangerous Curves and Dizzy :clap:

The venue was really nice and although it got a little packed out we still managed to find a comfortable spot to dance in.

When is the next one??? I will be there :clap: :clap:

EDIT: Will post the pic's in a bit :grin:

El Salsero Gringo
29th-May-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm glad everyone seemed to have a good time - and thanks for the kind comments. (Send me the complaints by PM, eh? No need to broadcast them to the masses.) And I'll get working on the next one asap.

Minnie M
29th-May-2006, 11:59 PM
....I don't normally do the lovey, lovey bit by on the forum but top spot must go to Minnie M. She can do more with a simple step, pointed foot and shrug of a shoulder than many can achieve in a whole dance. Tempts me to defect into the whole Swing dance world.

CRL
my goodness ............:blush: I'm going to cut and paste this ........what an amazing compliment - thank you sooooooooooooooo much :hug: :kiss: :clap:

Top Bird
30th-May-2006, 10:02 AM
What a fantastic afternoon - can think of a better way to spend an iffy Bank Holiday Monday.

Great music, can't actually think of a bad track, fab venue with great atmosphere, albeit a little packed later in the afternoon. The downside of it will be that once the news travels about just how good it was, next time floor space will be at a premium.

Great dances with David James, Clive, RK, Mikeyr, and others too numerous to mention (or whose names I can't remember) and also Taz. Great to see Witty up and about - hope you are not suffering too much today.

AND ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO !!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Georgious dancer
30th-May-2006, 10:10 AM
Congratulations :clap:

Sounds like you were nothing but fantastic, so sorry I couldn't be there but I won't miss the next one!:nice:

Tazmanian Devil
30th-May-2006, 11:22 AM
:sad: :sad: Thats it rub it in some more why don't ya!! :sad: :sad:

Good job I Know you will all miss me terribly :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
30th-May-2006, 11:26 AM
The downside of it will be that once the news travels about just how good it was, next time floor space will be at a premium.

Afraid so , a non forumite thought it was great ill be there with my extra 7lbs of baggage (around the waste ) next time

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 11:31 AM
Great to see Witty up and about - hope you are not suffering too much today.

I'm ok thanks apart from I think I'm allergic to metronidazole now :mad: Been up all night talking to God on the little white telephone

Dizzy
30th-May-2006, 11:33 AM
Wow!!! Had a fabishly smooth aftrernoon at Muswell Hill. The tunes, played by Tessalicious and Annette :clap: were delectably smooth :drool: and the venue's atmosphere was wonderfully informal with that afternoon dance kinda feel. :worthy: The only down side was the overly sticky floor.

Managed to nab dances with DJ, Clive, Taz, Tessalicious, ESG, RK and MikeyR. All were well worth it :drool:

Was worried about our poor Witty :hug: but she managed to suffer through :flower: :hug:.

Was a definite success!!! :clap: :respect:

DangerousCurves
30th-May-2006, 01:48 PM
Can only add my congratulations on a superb event!

Had a great trip up from Brighton laughing with my lovelies - Minnie M, Winnie and my sister June (visiting on an all-too-brief holiday from America). Loved the venue, managed to resist the very tempting cakes, and the music was sooooo good I barely got to drink my tea and we couldn't tear ourselves away at the end! One of the best sets I can remember dancing to in a long while!

Everyone was very friendly too - my sister was very touched by the number of gents who invited her to dance! She has now decided to brave her back injury and learn to jive next time she and her partner are over!

Big thanks to my lovely partners - especially the entire Tessalicious family present... had wonderful dances with you all! Other lovely dances with forumites - Taz, Winnie (Queen of the wiggle!), ESG, Miguel (my charming vegetarian shoe expert!!), and (I think) David James (???? dressed in black - had a super couple of dances with someone meeting his description if not the man himself!) - think I may also have had a dance with Mikeyr - I distinctly remember a sublime dance with a splendidly muscled gent! . Lovely to meet the gorgeous Missy D too - and to catch up with Witty again!

Extra Big Thank you to Tessalicious and ESG for a wonderful afternoon.... "Do we want to do it again?"... "YES!!!!!!!!!!":clap:

Tazmanian Devil
30th-May-2006, 02:52 PM
Pic's time :D

WB and Spice n Easy :flower:
R-K :worthy:
DJ and WB :clap:
R-K and Foxy Lady :hug:
Mikeyr :respect:

Tazmanian Devil
30th-May-2006, 03:04 PM
In the back we have spice n easy with Foxy Lady, then frount Left The Long one, to the right WB and DJ

As above but with Dizzy in the background (sorry this one is a bit dark)

Clive and Dizzy

WB and DJ

Tazmanian Devil
30th-May-2006, 03:13 PM
Photo's by WB doing her David Bailey impression. :rofl: :rofl:

:sad: Sums up how she was feeling too :sad: :flower: :hug:

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 03:15 PM
Photo's by WB doing her David Bailey impression. :rofl: :rofl:

:sad: Sums up how she was feeling too :sad: :flower: :hug:

Hey cheeky... that's all I was seeing for most of the afternoon. Now u lot can see what I was seeing :rofl: I normally take good pics:D most of them can't be submitted however, but that's another story:rolleyes:

Tazmanian Devil
30th-May-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey cheeky... that's all I was seeing for most of the afternoon. Now u lot can see what I was seeing :rofl: I normally take good pics:D most of them can't be submitted however, but that's another story:rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sorry babes I couldn't resist :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 03:30 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sorry babes I couldn't resist :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Great pics tho Taz, I must've looked stunning for you to keep capturing the back of my head :rofl:

Please tell me I didn't put my lip liner on my eyebrows again :confused:

Tessalicious
30th-May-2006, 03:31 PM
While people are posting pics, I thought I might as well post my first playlist - just the first 90 minutes of the tea dance I'm afraid, I don't have Annette's playlist. Here goes:

I like the way you move – Outkast
Mambo italiano – Bette Midler
Red shoe mambo – Funky Si/Mary Joy
My aphrodisiac is you – Katie Melua
In these shoes – Chantz
Fever – Gwyneth Herbert
My baby comes round at 8 – Indigo Swing
Movin and a grooving – Eugene Bridges
Cry to me – Solomon Burke
Wish I didn’t miss you – Angie Stone
Boogie right now – 4 to the Bar
Crazy – Gnarls Barkley