PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 1st June. where's a happening venue??

under par
12th-May-2006, 09:15 PM
So Mrs Par and I are off to Southport and are travelling north on Thursday evening 1st June, as is our want to make a weekend into a week of dancing.:D :D :D

We are open to offers as to where to dance!:flower:

We have previously visited Spindr/Robc/Always an Angel country at Fleet and spent a lovely evening with Esg and Tess Mary and Tone at Greenford. We also popped into a Nottingham event on route north to Scarborough!

So where are we to be this time?:drool:

Please feel free to post details of your venues anywhere from south coast to midlands that you would recommend.:yum: :yum:

It would be really nice to see some forumites too. :cheers: :cheers:

Tazmanian Devil
12th-May-2006, 11:43 PM
So Mrs Par and I are off to Southport and are travelling north on Thursday evening 1st June, as is our want to make a weekend into a week of dancing.:D :D :D

We are open to offers as to where to dance!:flower:

We have previously visited Spindr/Robc/Always an Angel country at Fleet and spent a lovely evening with Esg and Tess Mary and Tone at Greenford. We also popped into a Nottingham event on route north to Scarborough!

Please feel free to post details of your venues anywhere from south coast to midlands that you would recommend.:yum: :yum:

BOW :clap: would be great to see you and Mrs Parr there :clap:

Ghost
13th-May-2006, 12:03 AM
BOW :clap: would be great to see you and Mrs Parr there :clap:
There's a small amount of info about the place and it's denizens here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7846) :wink:

Be Well
Christopher

under par
13th-May-2006, 09:45 AM
Well we have a strong bid from the denizens of Bow:respect: :yeah:

Are there any other Thursday night offerings:drool: that could be recommended?:cheers:

fletch
13th-May-2006, 09:54 AM
I have Wittybird and S38 staying at mine on the Thursday, :clap: so we will probably go out, just to show 'em why I travel so far to dance.:rolleyes:

There is Solihull which is a proberle and Wolverhampton where I started, :really: it depends in how they feel when they get to mine,:what: but with two children and an elderly mother I'm sure we will be going out somewhere:flower:

where are you stopping?

under par
14th-May-2006, 03:03 AM
You must all be out dancing this weekend:sad: :sad: :sad:

I've just finished work and back at 1400 hours Sunday.:sad: :sad:

Come on Bow is leading the one horse race at the moment but I don't believe Bow is the only Thursday night dancing forumites do!

u.p.

Tazmanian Devil
14th-May-2006, 11:11 AM
You must all be out dancing this weekend:sad: :sad: :sad:

I've just finished work and back at 1400 hours Sunday.:sad: :sad:

Come on Bow is leading the one horse race at the moment but I don't believe Bow is the only Thursday night dancing forumites do!

u.p.

Me thinks alot of people are at Rock Bottoms :sad: :tears: :tears:

But Bow is a great option :D

Rhythm King
14th-May-2006, 01:06 PM
Me thinks alot of people are at Rock Bottoms :sad: :tears: :tears:

And the BFG

But Bow is a great option :D

:yeah: It would make a nice change from Fulham. There are lots of places open on a Thursday further north, if you were planning to travel, particularly in Ceroc Central's area.

Tessalicious
14th-May-2006, 07:02 PM
spent a lovely evening with Esg and Tess... at GreenfordAnd if you want to be hosted by us again but somewhere different, as well as (usually) the gorgeous foxylady and the fabulous Raphael, you could always come along to Muswell Hill!

FirstMove
14th-May-2006, 08:31 PM
Come to Worcester! Usually there are as many as 3 forumites. We saw a number of West Country dancers passing through last year on the way up.

Bromsgrove is closer to your route, with precisely no forumites at all.

bigdjiver
14th-May-2006, 09:07 PM
If you are coming up the M1 there is Bedford, Northampton and Rugby. I regularly attend Bedford, and always enjoy. I cannot speak for the "happening" quotient for any of these, or of forumite numbers.

TheTramp
15th-May-2006, 10:12 AM
No question! Perth on a Thursday is a great night.

And it's only a little bit out of your way. Honest! :flower:

senorita
15th-May-2006, 10:15 AM

Bedford :nice: :wink: :hug:

I am not going to southport,.. but you are both welcomed at my place so feel free to crash at mine this evening if you wish.

under par
15th-May-2006, 10:43 AM
Well its hotting up with offers.. thankyou Senorita :hug: :love: but we will dance Thursday then make our way to Southport through the night whilst the roads are empty.

So its now either Bow (a few forumites), Muswell Hill (a few forumites), Perth (sorry too far out Trampy!!) Bedford (a few forumites with a bed offered too:respect:) , Worcester (with Firstmove )and Bromsgrove (forum desert!) and passing mentions for Northampton Fulham and Rugby

Such a choice...... mmmmmm:confused:

under par
15th-May-2006, 10:44 AM
No question! Perth on a Thursday is a great night.

And it's only a little bit out of your way. Honest! :flower:

You looking for lift Tramp:whistle: :whistle:

TheTramp
15th-May-2006, 10:48 AM
You looking for lift Tramp:whistle: :whistle:

Nah. Got that sorted down from Dundee. But thanks for the offer! :na:

robd
15th-May-2006, 10:50 AM
There's a Leroc class at Rushden (between Bedford and Northampton - ish) on Thursdays - run by Jivevibe (http://www.jivevibe.co.uk). Only been there twice (been to his Pboro classes more) but it's a decent sized venue and there are usually some good lady dancers there. Bedford has usually been good on a Thursday when I have been there too.

Tazmanian Devil
15th-May-2006, 06:52 PM
Bow (a few forumites),
Normally quite a few!!

I do believe this week we have Me, Dan, Russell, Erick London, Raphael, ?Ghost, Wayaaybird, thewacko, A Certain Lady, ?mikeyr

Off the top of my head that is :D

under par
15th-May-2006, 06:57 PM
Normally quite a few!!

I do believe this week we have Me, Dan, Russell, Erick London, Raphael, ?Ghost, Wayaaybird, thewacko, A Certain Lady, ?mikeyr

Off the top of my head that is :D

A really strong bid being made by Tazz for Bow.:respect:

Certainly a frontrunner:yeah:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-May-2006, 06:58 PM
A really strong bid being made by Tazz for Bow.:respect:

Certainly a frontrunner:yeah:
:D :clap:

Lou
15th-May-2006, 08:11 PM
Worcester (with Firstmove )

Come on Worcester! Move your bloomin' arse! :clap:

Dan Hudson
15th-May-2006, 09:13 PM
BOw is the place to be..Pleeeeease come.... more dances with Mrs Par :drool:

the lovely Hayley demo's for Mr Saxby:awe: :drool:

the bar is open to midnight:clap: :cheers: ... good food served till 10.30.... :yum:

its fully air conditioned.... Erick Djing... and last but not least

Me !!!!!!:cheers:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-May-2006, 09:22 PM
And me :D :clap:

Ghost
15th-May-2006, 09:28 PM
the lovely Hayley demo's for Mr Saxby:awe: :drool:

I seem to recall photos of her dancing with Forumites too. I love that about Bow - you actually can dance with the teachers and demos :clap: (Well ok technically I haven't danced with Dan or Russel yet, but I have danced with quite a few of the demos :awe: :clap: )

Be Well,
Christopher

WittyBird
15th-May-2006, 10:08 PM
and last but not least

So sweet of you to say but alas I will be on my way oooop norf that night so can't make it to Bow :D

Sorry to disappoint you Dan :rolleyes:

Ghost
15th-May-2006, 10:43 PM
So sweet of you to say but alas I will be on my way oooop norf that night so can't make it to Bow :D

Sorry to disappoint you Dan :rolleyes:
But you're the advertising campaign!

:wink:
Christopher

under par
16th-May-2006, 07:05 PM
Such a vast array of goodies to choose from ooooh! where should we go:confused:

Sleepless nights I fear trying to decide:whistle:

senorita
17th-May-2006, 09:06 AM
Move over Bow, Muswell Hill, Perth,Worcester, Bromsgrove, Northampton Fulham and Rugby....BEDFORD here comes the one & only Mr & Mrs Par!!

how can you resist drop dead gorgeous women mr par, some good men dancers too for Mrs par. I am sure I can persuade the gorgeous great dancing diva's ZW :drool::worthy: , Miss conduct :drool: :worthy: & a few other beautiful friends such as Kim :hug: , vanessa, sue & fran etc etc to come along too.

Further more you have less distance to travel to southport, then coming from London.

I will even ask Bedford to roll out a red carpet for you two.

YEAH :clap: you know you want to come along!! :nice: :hug:

Russell Saxby
17th-May-2006, 03:06 PM
Mr Saxby:awe: :drool:

Must be something to do with being the Most Passionate Kisser :cool: but you can drool as much as you like, you ain't getting anywhere near these lips

Rhythm King
17th-May-2006, 04:04 PM
Must be something to do with being the Most Passionate Kisser :cool: but you can drool as much as you like, you ain't getting anywhere near these lips

Hmm, whose turn is it for truth, kiss, or dare at the moment?:devil:

:rofl: mwahahaha!

under par
23rd-May-2006, 06:07 AM
The sexy Senorita :drool: what a strong pitch for Bedford!!!:respect:
Tantalizing Tazz :drool: has extolled the virtues of Bow:worthy: :worthy:
Rugby :grin: I have received a couple of bids via pm for Rugby :worthy: Marc F teaching and the lovely Rachel present. mmmm :drool:
first move and luscious Lou :drool: pitching in for Worcester:respect:
ESG and delicious Tesslicious :drool: with Muswell Hill:clap: :clap: :clap:
RobD :what: has put forward a case for Rushden too:worthy: :worthy:
We are really really spoilt for choice!:confused:

What can tip one venue over all the others HELP!

Mary
23rd-May-2006, 08:31 AM
Nah, come to Uxbridge Civic Centre. Tony and I will be there and Simon and Nicole have been known to pop by on occasions, Zebra Woman has also shown her face.

Go on, you know you want to and we have rather a lot of dances to catch up on. :flower: :flower:

M

Lucy Locket
23rd-May-2006, 09:55 AM
Bed available at mine & i'm pretty close to Bedford, Rushden, Northampton & Rugby.

have to say went to one Rushden class & thoroughly enjoyed it, not so many good dancers but very friendly & the class was good (& i don't do classes). Not so keen on the floor at Northampton, Rugby i hear has lots of peeps but no idea who or how good they are. Bedford is usually busy, been there a couple of times.

roll on Southport:clap: :clap:

angelique
23rd-May-2006, 12:10 PM
Have PM'd ya !:grin:

El Salsero Gringo
23rd-May-2006, 01:12 PM
Don't come to Muswell Hill - I don't want you to feel bad in the knowledge of what you're missing the other 52 weeks of the year...

DavidY
24th-May-2006, 01:32 PM
Rugby :grin: I have received a couple of bids via pm for Rugby :worthy: Marc F teaching and the lovely Rachel present. mmmm :drool: I'm very likely to be at Rugby (especially if Rachel is there to dance with :hug: ).

I enjoy it there - the regular DJ plays good music & there are some nice dancers.

under par
31st-May-2006, 11:12 PM
Sorry I haven't been keeping you all updated with this thread.

Here we go the 24 hours to go a decision has to be made.

We will be leaving quite early with the hope of catching Heavenly Dance Shoes open for the last 20 minutes. We probably will miss it as we are both working till early afternoon.

because we are aiming to in Watford by 1615 hours we will already be north of London so it is a great big sorry to all the London venues Bow and Muswell Hill we will get to you soon:cheers: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Worcester is a little to far west for our journey sorry Lou and First move.:hug:

So we have narrowed our choice down to 3 Midland venues.

It was very difficult decision but we have chosen to go to BEDFORD tomorrow night.

I am sure we will have a lovely night and I hope we see a few forumites there.:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Thankyou to everyone who has participated in the thread:flower:

Dan Hudson
31st-May-2006, 11:14 PM
Sorry I haven't been keeping you all updated with this thread.

because we are aiming to in Watford by 1615 hours we will already be north of London so it is a great big sorry to all the London venues Bow and Muswell Hill we will get to you soon:cheers: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am sure we will have a lovely night and I hope we see a few forumites there.:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Dan Hudson
31st-May-2006, 11:15 PM
have a fabby time in Bedford tho:clap: :cheers:

under par
31st-May-2006, 11:18 PM
have a fabby time in Bedford tho:clap: :cheers:

Cheers Dan we will make Bow soon promise:cheers: :worthy:

jockey
31st-May-2006, 11:22 PM
I have been to Bedford a few times and can recommend it. Its not that easy to find though (its a leisure centre) so get some good directions..
Its busy and there are some fair dancers. The teacher is a great dancer. and she's tall.........:yeah:

TheTramp
1st-June-2006, 12:01 AM
You're not coming to Perth then?? :tears:

under par
1st-June-2006, 06:32 AM
You're not coming to Perth then?? :tears:

Nah maybe next time eh!:D

robd
1st-June-2006, 07:56 AM
The teacher is a great dancer. and she's tall.........:yeah:

I don't think that would worry UP!

Tazmanian Devil
1st-June-2006, 11:44 AM
We have the Lovely Lilly Barker at Bow tonight UP :D

Is Bow winning yet??? :innocent:

bigdjiver
3rd-June-2006, 01:01 AM
I have been to Bedford a few times and can recommend it. Its not that easy to find though (its a leisure centre) so get some good directions..
Its busy and there are some fair dancers. The teacher is a great dancer. and she's tall.........:yeah:She had the night off. It was Alex instead.

It was nice to get dance with Mrs UP. even though I was well below

-------------

I was just going to use the wrong phrase there, wasn't I?

I was able to put a face to JacksonDonut too, which was nice.

under par
8th-June-2006, 05:12 PM
A belated big warm thankyou to all the people at Bedford whom we met and danced with.

It was a late decision to go to Bedford but certainly worth while:D :D

Jacksondonut who is not dancing currently after knee op was areal star and came out to see us and have a drink:cheers: :cheers: You star hope you are back dancing soon:hug: :kiss:

To Miss Conduct :drool: :drool: cheers babe lovely to start the weekend off with loads of dances with you:kiss: :hug:

Lovely to meet Bigdjiver too :cheers: :cheers:

Many lovely non-forum people there too.

For a Ceroc night the music was suprisingly(for me !) good to dance to and not too much POP:yeah: :yeah: .:worthy: :worthy: to the DJ

Will soon be starting similar thread for September Southport journey up on Thursday.......................... any ideas!!!