PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Tricks

Swinging bee
11th-May-2006, 04:16 PM
Have you visited the Weblog on Dance Riviera's website yet??
www.danceriviera.com (http://www.danceriviera.com)
Some postings look very interesting!:whistle:
In particular the entry entitiled 'Dirty Tricks' :devil:

ducasi
11th-May-2006, 05:03 PM
Here's a direct link to the "Dirty Tricks" posting (http://danceriviera.blogspot.com/2006/05/dirty-tricks.html). :)

Gojive
11th-May-2006, 05:06 PM
It also looks like they've named the suspect at the end of the post too :eek:

Donna
11th-May-2006, 05:15 PM

:rofl:

Chef
11th-May-2006, 05:20 PM

Not really. I am sure that not "being afraid of the big bad wolf" is merely a turn of phrase, rather than indicating a potential suspect. I am sure that venue managers and band managment would get the name of someone that they were talking to on the phone and making these accusations. Perhaps they have passed this information over to Jim and Nicky and they are now in possesion of this information.

As to the motivations of the perpertrator - only they would know. Perhaps a disgruntled punter or ex employee? The local Ceroc franchisee has always been supremely confident in the quality of her mature and well supported product. Jim and Nicky would have to be doing their MJ events supremely well to shake her confidence.

For now, the identity and motivations of the perpetrator will have to remain a mystery - at least to us, until hard proof can be obtained.

Swinging bee
12th-May-2006, 09:21 AM

That was my immediate conclusion too,:yeah: or was it too obvious and we reading the wrong thing into it, .......in the fulness of time maybe:

TheTramp
12th-May-2006, 09:57 AM
Not really. I am sure that not "being afraid of the big bad wolf" is merely a turn of phrase.
If it's not the obvious conclusion, then it seems to be a really bad choice of words... :what:

Ghost
12th-May-2006, 11:01 AM
If it's not the obvious conclusion, then it seems to be a really bad choice of words... :what:
:yeah:
I really didn't expect to get this ( I thought Nicky Halsam was a guy until yesterday :blush: ), but even I got this reference. Still at least they kept the spelling to "Wolf" .

Be Well,
Christopher

Donna
12th-May-2006, 11:47 AM
I really didn't expect to get this ( I thought Nicky Halsam was a guy until yesterday :blush: )

Oh dear! :eek: :rofl:

Swinging bee
12th-May-2006, 01:23 PM
Oh dear! :eek: :rofl:

Will we ever know the whole story.....the mind boggles.
Is it a case of no smoke? ? ? etc, etc, etc, etc . Maybe I spent too many years in the Constabulary....( jaundiced old git).
I suppose it's a case of sit back and see what happens!

Bulletdog
12th-May-2006, 04:28 PM
Dance Riviera are currently building a legal case against the perpetrator of an anticompetitive and libellous nature.

Gus
13th-May-2006, 11:22 AM
Dance Riviera are currently building a legal case against the perpetrator of an anticompetitive and libellous nature.Sounds like a story for On8 and our team of 'scoop' journalists!! :wink: Can we have an official comment?

bigdjiver
19th-May-2006, 12:28 AM
I read this not as a "turn of phrase", but as a deliberate slight on someones character, and that is someone that I have always liked and respected. Such behaviour often has a substantial emotional, usually revenge, motivation, such as a spurned lover or a sacked employee. Most of the alleged offences are not the action of a savvy business person.

Gus
19th-May-2006, 09:30 PM
Most of the alleged offences are not the action of a savvy business person.And how many "savvy" business people are there in MJ? My experience is they are vastly in the minority and the sad reality is that when push comes to shove dirty tactics are readily deployed. Be grateful that the dancing public see very little of the warfare that underlies the MJ business.:(

Ghost
19th-May-2006, 09:47 PM
Sounds like a story for On8 and our team of 'scoop' journalists!! :wink: Can we have an official comment?
There is a "response" box at the bottom. Given that this is now being discussed on an International Forum, posting an official request for a comment for One8 there seems reasonable.

Be Well,
Christopher

Gus
19th-May-2006, 09:52 PM
There is a "response" box at the bottom. Given that this is now being discussed on an International Forum, posting an official request for a comment for One8 there seems reasonable. Ahhh. I'm afraid I PM'd the party concerned to apologise for the joke. In practice, On8 shouldn't become involved with anything where legal action should possibly result. I'm totally cool with highligting situations where the piublic needs to know someone is being a f**kw1t but not where things have progressed past that. Once things have got that far then the Courts should be used. I'm afraid to say that the little disagreement down South is not the only area where 'heavy' circumstances mean I can't print what I know at the moment.:(

Dreadful Scathe
19th-May-2006, 10:38 PM
Ahhh. I'm afraid I PM'd the party concerned to apologise for the joke. In practice, On8 shouldn't become involved with anything where legal action should possibly result. I'm totally cool with highligting situations where the piublic needs to know someone is being a f**kw1t but not where things have progressed past that. Once things have got that far then the Courts should be used. I'm afraid to say that the little disagreement down South is not the only area where 'heavy' circumstances mean I can't print what I know at the moment.:(
you cant print what you like - as long as its true - isnt that what on8 is for? :)

Gus
19th-May-2006, 11:03 PM
you cant print what you like - as long as its true - isnt that what on8 is for? :)If something is sub-judiacy, I'm not so sure. To be honest, after being threatened with legal action my view is I have to be absolutely sure of the evidence. Still aiming to carry out a few 'exposes' when I get some confirmed evidence :devil: :devil: :devil:

Its a difficult area. I've been told a number of things about a Franchisee over the years by ex crew ..... but what are the chances of them sticking by their statements once the writs start flying. Its often a case of weighing up 'public interest' v 'will I get my ass sued to bits even though I KNOW I'm right'.

There is a fine line between 'Heat' magazine sensationlisim and true investigative reporting. My personal experince is that the truth counts for little ( a number of well known MJ personalities have secrets they would rather keep secret) and exposing the bad guys only seems to make you more unpopular (:confused: ) ..... so why bother?