PDA

View Full Version : Fatal attraction @ Route 66

Dance Demon
22nd-March-2003, 03:42 PM
Well ....what can I say....other than thank you VERY much. on behalf of Dr Feelgood and myself to all the members of Fatal Attraction for their fab performance at Route 66 last night. It really was great to let the people who hadn't seen it, do so, and to let those who had see it again. Thanx especially to Nik, who literally hopped of a plane and rushed along to take his place in the team:cheers: I hope you all had a great time and that the music was not too much of a culture shock:D

PS DV.. I am still due you two dances...I havn't forgot,.. honest:kiss:

TheTramp
23rd-March-2003, 02:12 PM
Damn. I so wish I could have been there on Friday night.

Ah well, one day soon.... :D

Steve

Dance Demon
23rd-March-2003, 07:57 PM
You are always more than welcome steve:cheers:

PS...yet another cool avatar matey......:waycool:

Chicklet
24th-March-2003, 09:34 AM
thoroughly enjoyed it again DD.

was asinging and aboppin all the way although my er "driver" looked a little disturbed that I knew every word from the little known and seldom played GI Blues soundrack gem that you threw in towards the end!!

And anybody jump in and correct me if I am wrong but were FA not all smiling big grins all the way thru in contrast to the stern concentration from B pool???I hope this meant YOU were all enjoying doing it!!

Steve, having finally clicked what an avatar IS. What is yours meant to be?????

C

TheTramp
24th-March-2003, 10:22 AM
Chick

It's a pair of shagging bananas.

What else did you think it was???

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
24th-March-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet
And anybody jump in and correct me if I am wrong but were FA not all smiling big grins all the way thru in contrast to the stern concentration from B pool???I hope this meant YOU were all enjoying doing it!!

I tried my best to smile at Blackpool - not sure i managed it :) Pressure was less at Route66 :) Were you the one heckling ? :)

Dancing Veela
24th-March-2003, 11:34 AM

C

Chicklet, I had such a great time on Friday night - dancing in the FA routine was wonderful and I think I enjoyed dancing it more than I ever have before - however I thought I smiled all the way through Blackpool too - which such a cute smiley partner it's hard not to grin!

DD - thanks again for the invitation - I LOVED the music and my first bad attempt at Glasgow Jive! I WILL get you for those other two dances!

DVx

Chicklet
24th-March-2003, 12:07 PM
Steve,

never having seen any bananas shagging before I didn't guess this....but feel a better person for now knowing what it looks like!.

DV, I stand corrected - don't think I've ever seen YOU without a grin from ear to ear.:D

Heckling, no I've never heckled. Far too well brought up for that.:wink:

And your Glasgow jive was no bad at a' fur a begginner (that's qute a cheek coming from me!!!!) you definitely got a few chassis in there!!!and Raymond's face when you asked was a classic!!!!

c

Dancing Veela
24th-March-2003, 02:12 PM

DV, I stand corrected - don't think I've ever seen YOU without a grin from ear to ear.:D

Oh thank-you Chicklet, that's a lovely thing to say - mind you as I've no idea who you are you've possibly only seen me at Blackpool and Route66????? What were you wearing on Friday night????

And your Glasgow jive was no bad at a' fur a begginner (that's qute a cheek coming from me!!!!) you definitely got a few chassis in there!!!and Raymond's face when you asked was a classic!!!!
[/QUOTE]

I was really nervous about asking him (he looks so good dancing) - and his reply when I asked him was so sweet - I actually think he was as nervous as me!!!!! (and how could anybody be nervous dancing with me???? Well apart from those who know me REALLY well!!!! oh - and Steve!)

DVx

TheTramp
24th-March-2003, 02:27 PM
I'm only nervous cos I'm thinking that you're about to start licking me. Or maybe it was stop licking me.

Or something.

Are you ready for when I'm living up there??:D :na:

Steve

Dancing Veela
24th-March-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

Are you ready for when I'm living up there??:D :na:

Steve

Scotland isn't ready for you living up here!!!!!

DVx

TheTramp
24th-March-2003, 04:43 PM
Does that mean that I shouldn't come then??? :tears:

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
24th-March-2003, 04:44 PM

Steve

what!? are you here already ? hmm I suppose with a war on it must have been relegated to 'filler' news at the end of ITN :)

TheTramp
24th-March-2003, 05:02 PM
Nope DS.

Am looking at moving up there when I come back from Australia at the end of June.

You've still got 3 months to get away!! :D

Steve

Dance Demon
24th-March-2003, 05:20 PM
Nope DS.

Am looking at moving up there when I come back from Australia at the end of June.

You've still got 3 months to get away!! :D

Steve

Oh good steve, you will be here in time for our beach party night in July. I'm sure all the girls are looking forward to a flash of your legs again:wink: in a Beckham style sarong perhaps?:what:

TheTramp
24th-March-2003, 05:23 PM
And I'm equally sure that the girls really don't want to see my legs again.

The sane ones that is....

The legs will be making an appearance at the ceroc champs in May (reluctantly), in a rehash of our party piece at Blackpool (but hopefully with a few new moves).

Look forward to the beach party though. When is it?

Steve

Dance Demon
24th-March-2003, 05:30 PM

Look forward to the beach party though. When is it?

Steve

Scheduled for July 18th steve, look forward to seeing you there:cheers:

Dancing Veela
24th-March-2003, 06:16 PM

Steve

Nope - it just means we need time (and lots of it) to prepare!!!!! 3 months should about do it!!!!! And don't worry about the legs - it never gets hot enough up here to be wearing shorts!!!!

DVx

Dance Demon
24th-March-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela
it never gets hot enough up here to be wearing shorts!!!!

DVx

Only if dancing with you DV:wink: ( do I get a lick for that?:D )

TheTramp
24th-March-2003, 06:52 PM
So then DV. Just what preparation do you think you'll need? And do you really think that it'll help anyhow?? :rolleyes:

Steve

Dancing Veela
25th-March-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Only if dancing with you DV:wink: ( do I get a lick for that?:D )

shucks - you'll have me blushing !!!! :sorry No actually that's unlikely I don't have the blush gene!!!! As for the lick ....well only if you are really unlucky :grin:

DVx

Dancing Veela
25th-March-2003, 03:09 PM
So then DV. Just what preparation do you think you'll need? And do you really think that it'll help anyhow?? :rolleyes:

Steve

Need to start taking salt tablets and get myself dancing about 7 times a week to be ready for YOU Steve!!!!!

DVx

TheTramp
25th-March-2003, 03:18 PM
And do you really think it'll help anyhow?? :D

Steve

Razzle Dazzle
25th-March-2003, 09:47 PM
And do you really think it'll help anyhow?? :D

Steve

Have been following this thread but actually am still reelin' from shock at the idea of Steve moving up to Scotland....only kidding - we think you're fab really!!! :kiss: :wink:

TheTramp
26th-March-2003, 01:13 AM
we think you're fab really!!! Are you sure that you have the right Steve?? :D

Why is it a shock that I'd want to move up to Scotland then? Isn't it just the nicest place to be? Why wouldn't I want to be in the nicest place??

Steve

Razzle Dazzle
26th-March-2003, 02:12 PM
Are you sure that you have the right Steve?? :D

Why is it a shock that I'd want to move up to Scotland then? Isn't it just the nicest place to be? Why wouldn't I want to be in the nicest place??

Steve

It's not a shock that you'd want to move up here - after all we're such a friendly, happy bunch - no, no, it's a shock to the system at the thought of you landing on our doorstep!!!! But 3 months plus periodic appearances from yourself in between times should ease us in gently.

XX :wink:

TheTramp
26th-March-2003, 02:43 PM
Unfortunately, I'm probably unlikely to make it back up there before I come up there for good. I was sort of mulling it over in Jan when I did the trip up there, but didn't tell anyone then as it was all really pie in the sky.

I'm sure that it won't be much of a shock to my system at all. I can't wait to get out of London, and get to Scotland.

And I'll look forward to seeing all the Scots who come down to the champs in May.

Steve

Lindsay
26th-March-2003, 03:00 PM
bring yer woolies trampie......

:waycool: mind u it's been hot here of late.......

TheTramp
26th-March-2003, 03:12 PM
I like it cold. Don't even own a jumper.

Steve

Dance Demon
26th-March-2003, 05:21 PM
thoroughly enjoyed it again DD.

was asinging and aboppin all the way although my er "driver" looked a little disturbed that I knew every word from the little known and seldom played GI Blues soundrack gem that you threw in towards the end!!

C

Ahh!! what a knowledgable little Chicklet you are... The track was called "Shoppin' Around", and was indeed from the GI Blues soundtrack. It is seldom played, along with various other very jiveable Elvis tracks, including.... Such A Night.....In Your Arms...Western Union.....I Gotta Know.... to name but a few. I've played most of them at some point @ Route 66, and they tend to get folk dancin'..........Long Live The King:D :devil:

Chicklet
27th-March-2003, 09:32 AM
SUCH A NIGHT - big favourite - this is one of the few Elvis tracks where finding the original was actually a bit of a disappointment!!

(insert OTT fact for non buffs) Drifters - first incarnation with Clyde McPhatter- quite different to the Under the Boardwalk kind of vibe.

The Elvis version just oozes something - slick but raw at the same time....

GI Blues is one of my earliest movie memories and I can just about recite the script. Think I fell in love at about 8 with the King in uniform....but why did he allow the truly terrible "Big Boots"????

DV....couldn't possibly tell you what I was wearing as I do a lot of work for the government under the Chicklet nom de plume and couldn't risk having my cover blown.:wink:

Desparate to see who rumbles me at a do and figures it out. Going to try and hold out incognito till the holiday in November but recon there's not a lot of chance.

c

Dancing Veela
27th-March-2003, 11:17 AM
Think I fell in love at about 8 with the King in uniform.... I think I was younger than that - NEVER could decide (when we were playing mums + dads) if I wanted to be married to Elvis or to Donny Osmond :sorry
DV....couldn't possibly tell you what I was wearing as I do a lot of work for the government under the Chicklet nom de plume and couldn't risk having my cover blown.:wink:

Desparate to see who rumbles me at a do and figures it out. Going to try and hold out incognito till the holiday in November but recon there's not a lot of chance.It's certainly fun when people don't know who you are. It's not been the same since I 'came out'.

So between you and Razzle Dazzle we've some Private Investigation work to be done!!!!!

DVx

Dave Hancock
27th-March-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela
It's not been the same since I 'came out'.

DVx

The things you learn on the forum:wink:

Wendy
27th-March-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
The things you learn on the forum:wink:

So Dave, I'd love to know why you like dancing as a girl..... :wink:

Wx