WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 05:47 AM
Just got back from Camber :D
Will post my own review when I get back from work later :what:
too tired to think straight :rofl:

Lory
8th-May-2006, 08:44 AM
too tired to think straight :rofl:
To make it easy for those of you whose brains have fried over the weekend :wink:

Here's a few questions to help stimulate the mind....;)

Did the 24 hour dancing thing work?

How was the gender balance? Did the lead/follow control work?

The new fast check in..how fast?

Who were the Dj's?

What was the music like.. upstairs/ downstairs?

Did anyone manage to stay dancing till 10am?

Queues at the bar?

Did the water run out?

Did you have a forum gathering/partry/BBQ?

Any new and exciting classes?

What was the cabaret like?

What was the floor like?

Was there adequate air-con?

Parking on/off site?

Floor space?

Donna
8th-May-2006, 11:55 AM
Gutted I missed this!! So, what happened? May try Nov instead.

WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 12:22 PM
ok here goes... I'm half asleep and at work

Sort of yes it was good

Too many woman over again

I arrived late so not sure on this

Who were the Dj's?
Sheepman , Roger Chin & others but mind is blank (nothing new there)

fabulous friday and sat upstairs and downstairs
Great upstairs on Sun
lousy downstairs on Sun - Mass exodus from Blues room to upstairs around 2am

Fletch and Taz and I on Friday
Fletch on Saturday not sure who else - think UP did

Queues at the bar?
Not especially well the police didnt think so when they were dragging a bloke outside :mad: ooooh wonder what happened there then :innocent:

Did the water run out?
Don't think so

Did you have a forum gathering
Sort of in the blues room

Didnt look

Joesph and Sadie did the same as Bognor :sad:
Nigel and Nina's was great :D
Australian Latin champs was stunning :clap:

What was the floor like?
Wooden

no it was like a sauna

Parking on/off site?

usual

Floor space?

great early evening
hideous prime time
great early morning

WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 12:48 PM
Forgot to mention.......

I still had a great time :clap:
Did I say great? I meant fantastic :cheers:

stewart38
8th-May-2006, 01:56 PM
qu) Did the 24 hour dancing thing work?

An)Yes very much so and thats here to stay I guess

qu)How was the gender balance? Did the lead/follow control work?

An)No afraid far too many women and Im a man. one class 40 women over in Nigel and Ninas class and there moving them around 10 at a time how stupid :mad: I think there were 5 left over at end.

qu)The new fast check in..how fast?

an) Didnt see any queue at 3pm

qu)who were the Dj's?

An)Standard people I think ?

qu)What was the music like.. upstairs/ downstairs?

an)Overall good. the extra room good idea , could have open longer on friday/saturday. some fantasic dances in there

qu)Did anyone manage to stay dancing till 10am? and got new shoes

an)some did

qu)Queues at the bar?

an)Wasnt aware of a major problem although in consistant pricing

qu)Did the water run out?

ans)Not that im aware of and Franco was seen many times running around to ensure it didnt :clap:

qu)Did you have a forum gathering/partry/BBQ?

Ans)Not really

qu)Any new and exciting classes?

Ans) Not that i saw ,I hear the Tango AGAIN was very badly taught

qu)What was the cabaret like?

Ans)Very good you pay for what you get Sadie was a new routine

qu)What was the floor like?

Ans)ok ish

Qu)Was there adequate air-con?

Ans) No far too bloody warm , this needs to be addressed, one DJ in small room said there isnt much he could do about it so played a stupid record. How about open exit doors and more air conditioning it was daft

qu)Parking on/off site?

ans)Arrive early so ok

qu)Floor space?

ans)Just about ok

Over all a very good weekender for me if they added a few classes like they use tap etc and few other and did something with the heat. wish they had madiston stroll and the other one ah well

Tazmanian Devil
8th-May-2006, 02:08 PM
To make it easy for those of you whose brains have fried over the weekend :wink:

If you call there being 5 people in the hall at 6am then only me WB and Fletch 6:30am saturday morning working then yeah. I hear sunday morning there were more but I went to bed at 5:30am. Today though there were quite a few left including 2 mystery guests SF, S&E Lucy Craigie babie and Me :clap:
I didn't really notice to be honest I had no trouble finding a partner to dance with.
Straight in keys and gone
Who were the Dj's?
mobile DJ Rob, Sheepman , Roger Chin, bobgadjet, SwingingBee, cannot think of others
Tempremental although I danced an awful lot the music was very up and down (still enjoyed myself though) :D
Me, WB and Fletch Sat Morn
Fletch and UP sunday morning
x2 Mystery guests SF, S&E Lucy Craigie babie and Me this morn
Queues at the bar?
Not that you could complin about longest wait half a track :clap:
Did the water run out?
Nope but I did have to do the refilling of the dispencers this morning as we were running on empty
Blues room each night usual table area
Really couldn't tell you didn't do a single class again, Thats really bad:whistle:
Pass was busy dancing in blues room
What was the floor like?
AWFUL, Sorry but it was that horrible metal lined tiled flooring crap in the blues room, and horrid tiled stuff in the main hall and side room that started coming apart :sad:
Nope main hall was roasting to simply walk into blues room was alright though
Parking on/off site?
Both spaces went very quick on site
Floor space?
Upstairs a big NO bluddy tables lining the main floor :sad: Downstairs not bad at all tables arranged different, still could have done with a little more space.

Great to meet bobgadjet, SwingingBee, Little monkey, Onkar, Mooncalf, Hunny(even though we met before just didn't know eachother were on the forum) if there are more sorry I haven't mentioned you my brain is kinda Dead :flower:

Will post photos on another thread so this one doent get clogged up :grin:

Minnie M
8th-May-2006, 03:42 PM
qu) Did the 24 hour dancing thing work?

An)Yes very much so and thats here to stay I guess

Just got in ......... will give my opion of other questions later but........... have to say Saturday night I stayed DANCING yes we actually were dancing ALL night till 9:30 am !!! Witty and Taz (plus Fletch) made it to the end on Friday but I think they were alone from a few hours, so it must have been very boring (someone even fell asleep :whistle: ) - BTW Taz & Fletch won the shoes on Friday :worthy:

Saturday it was absolutely BRILLIANT !!! Not sure what time Witty & Taz went off to bed but it was 'reasonably' early - and why not after their endourance on Friday :respect:

5am There were about 100 dancers
6am about 70
7am about 50
8am about 30
(Silver Fox chicken'd out about 8:30)
but us hardened dancers about 20 of us made it throught to the draw at 9:30am (I did the draw)

The first one out of the draw was ...............
:flower:

Silver Fox (but he wasn't there)

The next was Under Par :respect: :worthy:
The second winner was a very pretty non-forumite called Jo (a friend of Colin who is a friend of Lory's)

The music throught the night was the best ever :respect: :respect: :respect:

Nelson Rose from 4am to 7am - every track a winner - felt sorry for who would follow him but....................... needn't have worried a stonking set from Sheepy from 7am to the end :respect: :worthy: :respect: :clap: :yeah:

Most of the music before 4am was good too - a few dud tracks - but to be expected

Check in was the fastest in weekender history - didn't see a queue with more that THREE people waiting

Will report more after some sleep

Spin dryer
8th-May-2006, 03:45 PM
The music was great in both rooms late Saturday night/Sunday morning, but was otherwise dire.

It was striking that the age profile was very much older this weekend than at Storm. There was also a serious lack of premier league dancers.

The biggest minus point was the intolerably hot temperature in the main room upstairs.

The one class I did, Mikey's treble trouble, was fabulous. Thank you Samantha and Michele.

Notwithstanding the above bleatings, I had a great weekend.

Tazmanian Devil
8th-May-2006, 03:52 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggghhhhhhhh I ache :tears: Danced from 8:30 pm til 8:30am tired very very tired (but well worth it) Best night/morning of the weekend dance wise!! :clap: :clap: Done some sabbotage double trouble partner swapping mid dance fab fab fab night yayayayayayayayayay 9need sleep) (still hyper) aggghhh :D :D :D

Anyone got a voice I can borrow :confused: I laughed so much last night/this morning I have no voice well a extremely husky one anyway :D :D

WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 03:55 PM
Anyone got a voice I can borrow :confused: I laughed so much last night/this morning I have no voice well a extremely husky one anyway :D :D

Wide Awake are we? Had some sleep have we? Some of us are at work

I now know how poor old Wayne felt

Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Wayne, Wayne, Wayne
I sometimes feed the sparrows too. :rofl:

fletch
8th-May-2006, 04:03 PM
Just got back after a 5hr drive and i'm brain dead (more than usual):eek:

I will post photo's and comments tomorrow i have to work tonight:tears:

But it was FAB:clap:

Chef
8th-May-2006, 06:13 PM
Camber May 2006

I have been to a few Cambers and this one didn’t seem vastly different to me. What has changed over my visits is me and what I want out of a weekender like this one.

On arrival at 6pm the check in was fast with no queue at all and I found a parking space with no problem. Later on I could see from looking in the road outside that only about 15 cars had not managed to find onsite parking. That doesn’t seem too bad to me (would be quite bad if you were having to drag your luggage in though) considering the camp was built in the era when car ownership wasn’t that widespread.

Looking at the class timetable my first impression was that there was an awful lot of non MJ stuff there and I wondered if the punters would be disappointed. The classes I did go to I enjoyed very much (about 10 over the weekend) with highlights for me being Nigel and Ninas classes (esp the American blues), Adam and Hollys Latin style jive and the Tango and Milonga lessons. I already know that the Tango teacher is going to come in for a bit of flak (the history lessons on Tango were interesting but dragged out too much and his sense of humour just made me groan and want to shout – get on with it) but I thought he taught a lot of interesting stuff and I got a lot out of the lessons but he was hampered by teaching a progressive dance that features intricate footwork. I feel that Franco expecting them to teach on the main hall stage was unreasonable and just plain dangerous – plus we couldn’t see their feet. I would love to see a camera system set up so that the instructors feet could be seen projected onto a screen. It was done at Southport and it was fab.

Over the weekend I only spend about 4 tracks in the upper main room. It was hot (humid) crowded and played music that is not longer to my taste so I cannot really comment further.

Downstairs I found that there was adequate room, tolerable temperature except when you couldn’t get a chance to get to the fan due to the sheer enthusiasm of the ladies to dance, little queuing at the bar, water always available. I liked the music but on many occasions I felt there was too much fast stuff considering the time of the morning. I know DJs don’t want people to fall to sleep but they shouldn’t be knocking them out so they limp to the chalets either. The floor was great although there were the odd patches where the temporary floor could catch your shoes around its metal edging strip.

The 24 hour dancing thing didn’t affect me one way or another as I was either at classes, asleep, or only able to hold out until 4:30-5am before having to retire defeated. Still nice to have the choice though even if you don’t use it.

Special thanks go to Helen (not on the forum) who helped me through the tango lesson (so obsessed with tango she has a tattoo of a tango couple on her hip), a lady called Fran who settled into my arms in a classic ballroom stance and gave a most wonderful American blues dance and MinneM and MsFab who helped me out by letting me try my WCS out on them. ZW – our encounters are always magical – but so brief.

OK, Luvvy stiff over.

There is something about weekenders on a Sunday evening that always reminds me how much I love dancing.

Missy D
8th-May-2006, 06:24 PM
I had a fabulous weekend:clap:

Music:-

Hated the music on friday night in both rooms so only danced 3 hours. Saturday i found myself running up and downstairs most of the evening as i loved the music in both rooms. Not sure who the djs were:blush:

Gender balance:-

Too many women! Didnt let it spoil my freestyle though just pushed past to dance with whoever i wanted.

Workshops:-

I did the Rhumba workshop which i really enjoyed. The class was taught really well. Really should have found a fixed partner for this as there were more than 30 women over.

Samba class OMG how crap was I?

Had a go at the Hip Hop workshop. This was such fun and as always a challenge. When i saw it was Dan teaching i did think Baines:drool: The class was taught by Dan Slape. I never did get to grips with the body popping.

I was so looking forward to the Tango workshop but the teacher was an absolute nob. I try and think of myself as a calm person but I really had to urge to punch him. :angry:

There was free water all the time! I kept seeing poor Franko carrying these huge water refils to the machines everytime one was running low:worthy:

Chalet:-

Our chalet was basic but clean! best of all free electric and only a couple of noisey seagulls close by. There was however a couple of dodgy birds in the chalet opposite us:whistle:

The weather during the day was great so me and Dee went for a romantic stroll on the beach:rofl: Oh and we even managed to keep our clothes on this time:whistle:

Met some lovely people forumites and non forumites:hug:

Overall this is one of my best weekends for sometime.:clap:

Well done Franko:respect: psst i know some brilliant tango teacher for november

Big thank you to Witty, Rapheal and Taz for your help saturday night! You really are true friends:hug: :hug: :hug:

WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 06:35 PM
There was however a couple of dodgy birds in the chalet opposite us:whistle:

No Idea what you mean :innocent:

Big thank you to Witty, Rapheal and Taz for your help saturday night! You really are true friends:hug: :hug: :hug:

Your welcome my lovely :hug:

Zebra Woman
8th-May-2006, 07:01 PM
ZW – our encounters are always magical – but so brief.

Thank you :flower: .
That was the only disadvantage of being a mystery guest on the Sunday night, some people have to leave early, both Chef and RobD only overlapped with me for an hour or so :tears: :tears: . Despite that I had a great time, thanks everyone :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: .

MUSIC:

I can only speak for Sunday night,

Latin Room - Some nice music played in there, real tango and real salsa along with other latin stuff. I was in and out, as there were not enough men in there.

Upstairs - I danced up there from 10 till 12ish, didn't really like the music, passable though.

Blues Room - Disaster :tears: . It was my least favourite night of blues music ever. Too much fast swing, and even some pop was played after 4AM. The music just didn't flow for me to create that blues room mood. Greg's was the best set, I was very disappointed that he hadn't got a later set. Rob Ambridge and Bob just didn't do it for me. Sorry.

Other stuff:

Extra floor in blues room - rough edges and too sticky.

M/F balance - I didn't have too much trouble, but I would still say there were still too many women. IMO a slight improvement on previous Franco events.

ZW

spikey blond
8th-May-2006, 07:33 PM
I had great weekend but must admit the music downstairs at Storm weekend surpassed Franco's offering by far - I had such a ball downstairs in March that I hardly touched the upstairs room - atmosphere was geat, music brilliant. This weekend downstairs for me was good Friday and Saturday but grim :( :( last night (apart from Greg's set of course) - too much traditional fast swing and no 'moody' music at all. Music such a subjective thing that it is obviousy difficult to satisfy everybody and if you like real swing and salsa and the fast throb of MJ music then you were well catered for - for me I was looking for more musically challenging music - but heh you can't win 'em all.

Weekend in general very good - purpose built dancefloors in all rooms excellent, Franco's wooden additions definintely started to suffer by the end of the weekend but at least they do not create the dust that the old flooring used to.

Didn't manage any workshops - only one I hoped to do was Adam's and decided against it when I discovered there were at least 50 women over - not a big issue for me and not an easy thing to manage but Franco will need to try and sort the gender balance thing out if he is to compete with the likes of Ceroc and Jive the teh men and yet get far less dancing.

Didn't make it beyond 5 am on Friday and Saturday and only 3am last night (reflection on the music, I'm afraid), but hats off :clap: :clap: :respect: :respect: to those you went through the night (mad fools) and have the posh, shiny shoes to show for it!

Thanks to all those forumites who gave me great dances :cheers: (you know who you are) - and less then a month til Southport - can't wait, though my feet are grateful they will get a bit of a chance to recover!

Good to finally meet Witty Bird and others - got a few faces to add to names!
:flower: :flower:

Mr Cool
8th-May-2006, 07:37 PM
I had a superb weekend i love the being able to free style any time to suit me. I also enjoyed the range of music during the day and evening the variety of music was far superior to Storm or Southport Well done Franco :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :worthy: :worthy:
For me John Miller played the best set on friday in the blues room, classic swing and blues loads of attitude awesome,closely followed by John Ford :respect: :respect:
I enjoyed most of the music in the blues room. There was a good mix in the latin room during the day too.
Not too much of the dreaded middle of the road R&B (credit where credits due i thought Greg played some great dance music sunday night). :respect:
More and more Dancers seem to want to dance to swing and blues and slower latin tracks which is fun
What about some variety in the main dance floor instead of the same old Bang bang bang no wonder musicality is a low priority in MJ.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Great music in the Latin music too, not just salsa thank goodness.
I would like to thank all th ladies who gave me a dance :flower: :flower:
Cant wait for November Camber. :yeah: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

Trinity
8th-May-2006, 09:07 PM
I also had a great weekend. Shame I didn't get to meet very many of you :mad:

Minnie M
8th-May-2006, 09:14 PM
.........After a rather disappointing camber ............
:awe: didn't realise this :hug:
why was this ?

Have to admit Camber does not have the buzz that I get from Southport but that has nothing to do with the event or the organisers it is because it is missing our wonderful friends from the midlands and north of the border.

In reply to the music in the Swing/Blues room - I really don't like too much of the very very slow stuff, especially after 4am - it is so soothing, both dancing and listening, I just want to go to sleep :rolleyes:

IMO there was far too much of it at Storm, I had my 'earliest' nights ever at a weekender event in March, don't get me wrong, magic music......... but too much and too late for sleepy people who don't want to go to bed :whistle:

I also had a great weekend. Shame I didn't get to meet very many of you
where you at the designated Forum "sitting /resting / dumping bags" area ?

dee
8th-May-2006, 09:45 PM

:yeah: you are all such true friends, i can't thank you enough :hug:

I had a really great weekend. I loved the Rumba lesson, was just getting the hang of it when the class ended, was a shame that there were so many women over as i landed up most of the time, learning the moves in the que :sad:

Was looking forward to doing a Tango lesson but with 30+ women over and some dodgy guy teaching, or should i say, getting everyone to do a group hug, i decided to give it a miss.

I had a go at Hip Hop, was really fab if only i could remember the whole routine without messing up, but i had a good laugh anyway :clap:

I never had a problem on the freestyle, i didn't once have to ask a man to dance as there seemed to be plenty asking me :innocent:

The weather was good and i managed to have a romantic stroll with sis like she said in her post :yum:

So nice to meet up with some forumites, just a shame i never got to meet some of you that i haven't met yet :sad:

The only down side for me was, i had to come home :sad: but i will look forward to November :clap:

Love to you all :hug:

Spin dryer
8th-May-2006, 10:10 PM
I had great weekend but must admit the music downstairs at Storm weekend surpassed Franco's offering by far - I had such a ball downstairs in March that I hardly touched the upstairs room - atmosphere was geat, music brilliant. This weekend downstairs for me was good Friday and Saturday but grim :( :( last night (apart from Greg's set of course) - too much traditional fast swing and no 'moody' music at all. Music such a subjective thing that it is obviousy difficult to satisfy everybody and if you like real swing and salsa and the fast throb of MJ music then you were well catered for - for me I was looking for more musically challenging music - but heh you can't win 'em all.

I completely concur. It's crazy playing swing as only a very small number of dancers at MJ events can do swing/lindy. Those dancing MJ to swing look like they are on something iilegal. Aside from that, it's just not the type of music that I personally want to dance to at 4 in the morning, particularly given that the swing in question was utterly mediocre.

The music downstairs at Storm was perfect. It's clear from the postings on this thread that there was a fairly high level of discontent about the music over this weekend. If the music is bad, then it matters not a jot that the weekend was otherwise well organised.

WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 10:13 PM
I completely concur.

You so think you are Leonardo in that film :waycool: catch me if u can:rofl:

Spin dryer
8th-May-2006, 10:20 PM
You so are Leonardo in that film :waycool: catch me if u can:rofl:

I'm glad you think I look that young WB. :rofl:

WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm glad you think I look that young WB. :rofl:

And if it was made 30 years ago I would think that:what:

Limpy Tink
8th-May-2006, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=Lory]To make it easy for those of you whose brains have fried over the weekend :wink:

Did the 24 hour dancing thing work?Yes - always good to have the choice to dance!

Gender control - was it!!!!!:mad:

Who were the Dj's? Sheepman :respect: Roger Chin - no one else really struck a chord for me.

What was the music like.. upstairs (too hot to spend too much time up there and I was not keen to join the wall of women waiting to pounce on the nearest man as they left the floor - but some good tracks threaded through)/ (downstairs - fast swing mostly)?

Did anyone manage to stay dancing till 10am? Yes ME!! on Sat night and only cos I wanted to dance to Gregs set (:worthy: def worth staying up for :clap: ) - Also joined by Under Par (:respect: for having the stamina to throw in some adventurous lifts and drops at 7am!! - it doesn't matter if your legs don't work at that time in the morning when you have Mr U.P holding you off the ground:rofl: ) Mrs Par, Minnie, Ms Fab, Roger Chin, Little Monkey, Kelly and the other non forumites - plus anyone I have missed as I am in overdrive at the momebt, cant think and should really go to bed :confused: 6 hours sleep for a weekend is just down right irresponsible!:D

Did the water run out? No :respect: I even saw Franko refilling the water coolers himself!

Any new and exciting classes? You mean there are classes on these weekenders???:wink: Silver fox and I picked up a nice move from Nigel & Nina's class. Don't know about the others.

What was the cabaret like? In my opinion - the Aussie's stole the floor.

What was the floor like? main floor and main blues area same as always. Additional flooring - well I didn't fall over - but I did stub my toes a few times!! :rolleyes: (possibly I exagerate - I am very tired!)

Was there adequate air-con - ERR THAT'LL BE A NO!

Other points to mention:

Would also like to add thanks to my fellow "house mates" - Spice'n'easy, Silver Fox (Lucy & Sharon - non forumites) for doing the washing up this time :wink: CORRECTION Take off S.F from that list - he claims lazyness, but I suspect it is cos marigold yellow is not your colour hun:rofl:

Good to meet Robd and Little Monkey.

Thanks to Seahorse for adding clout to Spice'n'easy and SilverFox this morning in their quest to humiliate me at all costs! :wink: And apologise to all that heard them shouting from the balcony and laughing hysterically - I put it down to sleep deprivation.:rofl:

To summarise - as I am clearly rambling now... Not quite STORM - but a great weekend away from the kids!:clap:

SilverFox
8th-May-2006, 11:19 PM
A lot seems to have been said about the standard of music played at Camber.

I can't comment on the music played upstairs in the main room as the temperature there was way beyond comfortable. A wall of heat and humidity hit me each time I ventured into the room. :sick:

The music downstairs was generally not to my liking. The room is billed as the Swing and Blues room mind, so one would have to expect to hear a fair amount of swing. This weekend I felt that the ratio of swing to blues was much higher than usual, and the swing predominately faster.

OK, here comes the sweeping statement:devil: ....... this type of music IMO attracts and is appreciated more by the 'old skool' crowd. The average age of the punters seems to be getting older and older downstairs, with the younger dancers being alienated to a certain degree by the music being played.

Time moves on, new dancers join the scene, fashion and music progress. Weekend organisers need to recognise this and adapt accordingly. Storm addressed this issue with DJs who were prepared to experiment more, outside of traditional swing and blues.

* steps back and waits to be flamed by the black & white shoe brigade.* ...

...if they haven't already gone to bed with their hot milk drinks.....:whistle:

WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 11:31 PM
...if they haven't already gone to bed with their hot milk drinks.....:whistle:

indeedy :rofl:

Minnie M
9th-May-2006, 08:18 AM
...........Time moves on, new dancers join the scene, fashion and music progress. Weekend organisers need to recognise this and adapt accordingly. Storm addressed this issue with DJs who were prepared to experiment more, outside of traditional swing and blues...............
Yes but.............. personally I loved Nelson's and Greg's music the best - not a bad track there and Colin Shaul's :respect: entry to downstairs DJing on Sunday night :worthy:

Whereas '24' (Franco's name) had a lot of swing (especially some fast stuff) I think Storm had too much Blues (especially the VERY slow stuff) - so.......... you can't please them all :blush:

Good compromise is the answer ............... DJs are you listening :D :yeah:

Cruella
9th-May-2006, 08:33 AM
Taking a last minute decision on Sunday morning to drive down to Camber, i invited ZW and we set off on the journey in a very excited mood. Got there in under 3 hours. Got ready and hit the dance floor at 9.00pm. The first 3 hours were OK upstairs due to the fact we just wanted to dance as we thought we'd missed out on the rest of the weekend, also did alot of meeting up with friends.
Once the blues room opened i ventured downstairs, not enough people to keep me going so went back upstairs, the music was dreadful. Especially one DJ, Kevin, i'm sorry mate but your set was the worst IMO. Seemed to be all 80's rubbish. There were some nice men but the music just killed the atmosphere for me. I flitted from blues room to upstairs but just couldn't get satisfaction in either room! It seemed alot quieter to me than previous sunday nights, is this because more people left early or was it quieter all weekend? It wasn't a complete disaster as i had some fun and laughter with lots of good friends and there were some good tracks played over the 11 hours. :rolleyes: but i don't think i'll bother with Francos weekends again unless he can sort out a better DJ line up.:devil:

ducasi
9th-May-2006, 08:36 AM
Good compromise is the answer ............... DJs are you listeningI would suggest that separating "swing" and "blues" into two different rooms is the answer. Organisers, are you listening? :wink:

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 09:07 AM
Our chalet was basic but clean! best of all free electric and only a couple of noisey seagulls close by. There was however a couple of dodgy birds in the chalet opposite us:whistle:
:whistle: Who Me :confused: I am not Dodgy :innocent: Oh O.k then maybe just a little :rofl: :rofl:

:yeah: you are all such true friends, i can't thank you enough :hug:
:blush: Shhhhh don't tell everyone I have a reputation to maintain you know :rofl: :rofl: Only joking hun no worries at all :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :hug:

* steps back and waits to be flamed by the black & white shoe brigade.* ...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Definately deserves rep :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheTramp
9th-May-2006, 09:08 AM
I would suggest that separating "swing" and "blues" into two different rooms is the answer. Organisers, are you listening? :wink:

Maybe we can have 1500 rooms, where everyone gets their own personal choice of music in each of the rooms. That'll finally stop all the complaints..... probably :rolleyes:

DavidB
9th-May-2006, 09:28 AM
I would suggest that separating "swing" and "blues" into two different rooms is the answer.
2 rooms for me to avoid!

Chef
9th-May-2006, 11:19 AM
It looks like the only way to please everyone is to have lots of different rooms each playing their own style of music so that dancers could move from one to the other as each persons mood changes. I am not sure that is going to happen but it looks like organisers are at least trying because most weekenders have at least a modern room, a latin room and a swing n blues room.

I spend most of my time in the swing and blues rooms these days with only occasional dips into the other rooms but that is only because that is the way that my own musical tastes have changed.

At Camber I did find myself disappointed that the slow meltdown into luscious blues from about 2am was abruptly curtailed (I waited until 5am in hope) on the saturday night. I had a word with the dj (John Ford aka swinginBee) about 30 minutes from the end of his set to ask why the meltdown from fast swing to slow swing to blues had suddenly gone back to medium to fast swing. He told me that he had been instructed to up the pace of the music because the people from the modern room would be coming down soon and the pace of the music needed to be higher for them to keep going. John protested the instructions because he felt it was him that was reading the floor and he had his integrity as a dj. Never the less the intructions stood and John had to comply. So if you wondered why that happened then you have your answer. Not the djs choice - he had his orders.

I have no idea what happened on Sunday night as I had to leave at 11pm because I had to work next day :sad: :sad: :sad:

Pity. I really liked dancing the blues into the morning light and weekenders were the only place that I could get it.

under par
9th-May-2006, 11:21 AM
After Bognor in January I was very unsure of what kind of product I was going to get at Camber.

Arriving with trepidation on Friday afternoon Mrs Par found no queue to mention whilst collecting the keys. Everyone I spoke to had no problems at all
on arrival. This is a big positive.

Gender balancing. Dreadful! There were far too many woman over. On my few ventures upstairs to dance, there were hoards of women stood out in between the 2 dance floors. I felt guilty about having to avoid eye contact so as not to be put in the position to turn someone down. ( iwas trying to find Mrs Par!)

The were also so many ladies sat out or stood near the edge of the floor in the latin roon upstairs it was impossible as a man to sit out a track unless you put a towell over your head.

3rd room was floored with a wooden floor a vast improvement on last November when we were expected to dance on carpet!!!!
It made for a magic afternoon set on Saturday with Sheepman playing the tunes... the place was buzzing. And on Sunday evening I also had a great 30 minutes before left because I was melting with the heat.

heat/Aircon. I could not dance upstairs. The main room as always was like an oven as soon as you open the door and enter the sweat starts pouring off you.
the latin room had one air blower and even with the doors open it was sweltering in there.
The blues room was cooler than the other 2 rooms but still unbearably hot at times.
Storm managed to cool the rooms the a reasonable temperature Franco could do better.

24 hour dancing. A big positive for me. I did not appreciate Storm closing down at 4 or 5 oclock. It is not everyones cup of tea but I really enjoy hours and hours of freestyle. We set out on Sat night to try and be there for a prize draw the next morning and with Minnie/limpy tink/Mrs Par/MsFab and others I had some absolutely dreamy dances until 0930hours.

I was then very fortunate to have my named called out from the draw. The prize £60 vouchere for shoes......I don't actually think the voucher touched the palm of my hand before Mrs Par took control of the situation ,.... she needs some MORE shoes apparently :rofl:

My biggest bugbear about Bognor was the closing of the bars at 0130 as I really felt like a secondclass citizen. Franco listened to the comments and had the bars open till about 4 in the main room and blues room and when they shut the pub opened to provide a full bar as well as tea coffee and lovely bacon baggettes. It was really nice to use this room as a chill out area.
Well done Franco for listening, a vast improvement.

Music..music.. music.. at every event you go to its the music that gets us going. Music is the soul the heart of why we dance.
Everyone has personal taste in music and it is evident from the many Djs available that so do the djs.
I will nail my colours to the mast and say I hate fast swing.. but I hate it even more after 3 continuous hours of it.. If somebody played 3 hours non stop hula hula I would be p*ssed off . We need contast, variation and soulful music to soothe mind and keep the dance floor alive.
Down stairs on Sat night I nearly gave up my attempt at 24 hour dancing because of the Dj in the tartan hat(can't reacll the name) who just palyred swing and fast swing and more swing. I did actually give oup on sunday night when he came back on again. He mangaed to clear the floor a 0230 tarck after track of fast swing he seemed oblivious to what was happeningoutside his booth.

Now take Nelson Rose who took over from tartan hat man about 0430 on Sunday morning what an amazing set :worthy: a variety tastes catered for! The odd swing track interspersed with MJ classics and music with SOUL mmmmmm! A truly great DJ.:respect:

Sheepman then came on for the grave yard shift commencing at 0700:cheers: :respect:
He played a blinder thanks Sheepy. ( I actually had to ask him to play a duff track to allow me time to go to the toilet!)
Colin Shaul played a brill set Sunday Night and although I didn't spend too much time upstairs John Miller was knocking out some nice tracks up there.
nigel Anderson played an amazing blues set too. Well done guys.

Overall I had a great weekend.
The company of our chalet mates was as always second to none and the laughs at evening meal will keep me going for a long time.

Fanco has improved the product by quicker check in bars/pub open all the time, music all night and flooring 3rd room:cheers: and water available pemanently

Downside was
1. Djs who persist in no contast in music in blues room far too much fast swing...get rid of tartan hat man.
2. the heat gotta cool the place down better
3. There were many lovely dancers there but I missed so many of the forum ladies who did not attend.

Rebecca
9th-May-2006, 11:57 AM
I was then very fortunate to have my named called out from the draw. The prize £60 vouchere for shoes......I don't actually think the voucher touched the palm of my hand before Mrs Par took control of the situation ,.... she needs some MORE shoes apparently

Why of course!:rolleyes: Have you been to a weekender yet UP without winning something? You have the golden touch for sure :flower:

under par
9th-May-2006, 12:03 PM
Why of course!:rolleyes: Have you been to a weekender yet UP without winning something? You have the golden touch for sure :flower:

ha ha :rofl: Must have trod in something eh !! :eek: See its me who needs new shoes:yeah:

Someone PLEASE tell Mrs Par I need some new shoes:flower:

Zebra Woman
9th-May-2006, 12:25 PM
.... but i don't think i'll bother with Francos weekends again unless he can sort out a better DJ line up.:devil:

I agree. As I've said before I hate finding out the DJ line up when I have already committed to the weekend. I would like to know the DJ line up in advance.

It's more than just the line up though isn't it? If seasoned professionals are being told how to do their job, as detailed by Chef.....

At Camber I did find myself disappointed that the slow meltdown into luscious blues from about 2am was abruptly curtailed (I waited until 5am in hope) on the saturday night. I had a word with the dj (John Ford aka swinginBee) about 30 minutes from the end of his set to ask why the meltdown from fast swing to slow swing to blues had suddenly gone back to medium to fast swing. He told me that he had been instructed to up the pace of the music because the people from the modern room would be coming down soon and the pace of the music needed to be higher for them to keep going. John protested the instructions because he felt it was him that was reading the floor and he had his integrity as a dj. Never the less the intructions stood and John had to comply. So if you wondered why that happened then you have your answer. Not the djs choice - he had his orders.

Very familiar words, I have had this very same conversation with Franco's blues DJ around 4AM many times in the past. IMO The DJ's need to have the freedom to read the room.

ZW

Cruella
9th-May-2006, 12:36 PM
I would suggest that separating "swing" and "blues" into two different rooms is the answer. Organisers, are you listening? :wink:
Or specialist weekenders, Francos camber could cater for pop fans, Southport for Blues fans etc etc ....:devil:

stewart38
9th-May-2006, 12:40 PM
Why again and again particulary on saturday night do you see the ladies make a splended effort on their ATIRE and the men seem to be happy in jeans and Danger Mouse Tee shirts ?

Its really sad to see :sad:

TheTramp
9th-May-2006, 12:41 PM

Interesting.

I've DJ'd in the downstairs room at Camber on a number of occasions. Including at the time when the upstairs room shuts.

And I've never had any indication from anyone about what I should or shouldn't play.

The difficulty is (has this ever been said before? :rolleyes: )that you can never please everyone. The are a group of people who do prefer the blues side of things (myself included - as I thought there was too much faster swing downstairs at Camber last time I went, and I did say so). However, there are equally a group of people who would prefer less of the bluesy stuff. They just don't post as much on the forum. Maybe Mr Cool should get them all involved, and then we could have a real 2-sided debate!

Without having separate rooms, it seems that people are always going to complain. Which brings me back to my 1500 room suggestion! :whistle:

SilverFox
9th-May-2006, 12:47 PM
Why again and again particulary on saturday night do you see the ladies make a splended effort on their ATIRE and the men seem to be happy in jeans and Danger Mouse Tee shirts ?

Its really sad to see :sad:Because not all of the men are on the pull like you Stewart.......:devil:

Cruella
9th-May-2006, 12:52 PM
Because not all of the men are on the pull like you Stewart.......:devil:
Donna i need that dictionary back! Now i can't spell Hy......

SilverFox
9th-May-2006, 12:55 PM
Donna i need that dictionary back! Now i can't spell Hy......Hyperbole?......

WittyBird
9th-May-2006, 01:01 PM

At one point on Sunday in the Latin room we did have to shout at him to go get a room, I know we were in the sports bit of the complex but I didn't see any signs allowing you to play tonsil tennis :what:

Cruella
9th-May-2006, 01:01 PM
Hyperbole?......
Oh i'll just borrow yours SF, as you obviously carry it with you at all times!

Msfab
9th-May-2006, 01:12 PM

What with those chicken legs on display in the early hours of sunday morning:whistle:

SilverFox
9th-May-2006, 01:25 PM
What with those chicken legs on display in the early hours of sunday morning:whistle:I never get bored of your witty repartee. Sorry I mean board...

....as in ironing board....:eek: :devil:

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 01:26 PM
Did anyone manage to stay dancing till 10am? Kelly and the other non forumites
Kelly is now our newest member for those whom met him at Camber :clap: :clap: Smooth kelly :clap:

Top Bird
9th-May-2006, 01:46 PM
Great weekend, always enjoy Camber, didn't do Storm so not able to make comparisons.

Gender balance didn't really affect or bother me.

Friday - Upstairs - extremely hot but good music.
Downstairs - cooler, music not up to scratch

Saturday - Upstairs - like a sauna, so very quick exit
Downstairs - Spent all evening there, again much cooler and music better, but why do the DJ's think we want to have such fast dances in the early hours, time to chill out so they need to get there act together.

Sunday - Upstairs cooler and music really good.
Downstairs - disappointing music, not as many bodies as usual, but nevertheless, good dancers (welcome Kelly, you are indeed very smooth) :worthy:

Express check-in was spot on. :respect:
Parking - no improvement
Free water - so much easier

Will I go again in November - already booked. :clap: :clap:

Look forward to seeing loads of you at Southport in less than 3 weeks - yippppeeee! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

stewart38
9th-May-2006, 02:17 PM

I dont think ALL the women are on the pull either , although sometimes it seems like that :whistle:

Its just an over all observation

Maybe dress code SMART for saturday night ?

Fletch loved your outfits

SilverFox
9th-May-2006, 02:25 PM
Fletch loved your outfitsDid she? It was just something I threw together.....

DangerousCurves
9th-May-2006, 02:34 PM
Fletch loved your outfits

I agree Stewart!

Fletch looked like a real Hollywood Star all weekend.... soooo glamorous and sophisticated! WOW!!!!! :flower:

Zebra Woman
9th-May-2006, 02:37 PM
Fletch, loved your outfits

There you have it folks .....

The power of punctuation.

ZW:rolleyes:

stewart38
9th-May-2006, 02:56 PM
I agree Stewart!

Fletch looked like a real Hollywood Star all weekend.... soooo glamorous and sophisticated! WOW!!!!! :flower:

Let me re phrase before i get any more -ve rep

I thought all the girls looked lovely :flower: :flower:

I thought it was nice the men turned up as well :flower:

CJ
9th-May-2006, 03:16 PM
Oh i'll just borrow yours SF, as you obviously carry it with you at all times!

what did you think was in his trousers?!?!

fletch
9th-May-2006, 03:26 PM
I agree Stewart!

Thank you, I REALLY do appreciate your comments.:worthy:

And BTW you are looking fantastic, and i'm sure you are feeling it, well done.:respect:

fletch
9th-May-2006, 03:30 PM
What with those chicken legs on display in the early hours of sunday morning:whistle:
I will post the evidence :sick:

:wink:

Minnie M
9th-May-2006, 03:33 PM
........Storm managed to cool the rooms the a reasonable temperature Franco could do better.........
In Franco's defence Please note :
Last weekend was the hottest weekend of the year - Storm was the first weekend in March and very cold

We ALWAYS have a problem with the heat upstairs at earlier Camber events (April/May) and would not think even another half a dozen fans would have made a lot of difference.

Minnie M
9th-May-2006, 03:39 PM
Kelly is now our newest member for those whom met him at Camber :clap: :clap: Smooth kelly :clap:

Kelly is my buddy - the best friend of my very good friend Pat the Kat who is one of the best RnB DJ's on the 40s scene. He is also an ex-boyfriend of a very lovely and excellant MJ dancer - hence his MJ knowledge and expertise. I am trying to persuade him to come to Southport

And what about my other very good buddy Danny (Witty :whistle: ) who is very very cute and an excellant dancer too

Minnie M
9th-May-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree Stewart!

:yeah: :worthy: :yeah:

fletch
9th-May-2006, 03:47 PM
Just to prove we were the last standing, taken at 6.30 Saturday morning.

fletch
9th-May-2006, 03:49 PM
DirtyD and SexyM

fletch
9th-May-2006, 03:53 PM
Orgasmic Mark and Ickle chick'n

fletch
9th-May-2006, 04:01 PM
Me and S38

Me Taz & Witty on our own :sad: good job Bob played lots of Mowtown:D

Chef
9th-May-2006, 04:03 PM
In Franco's defence Please note :
Last weekend was the hottest weekend of the year - Storm was the first weekend in March and very cold

We ALWAYS have a problem with the heat upstairs at earlier Camber events (April/May) and would not think even another half a dozen fans would have made a lot of difference.

In the defence of organisers everywhere a large room of dancers anywhere will be chucking out a lot of heat and water vapour and cooling them down is a major task. None of the events that I have been to have managed the task adequately nor do I think that cooling 600-700 people dancing in that concentration is actually possible with refrigeration units.

The main problem for me seems to be the HUMIDITY from the peoples breath and perspiration. In such a humid atmosphere you can perspire as much as you like but it will not cool you off because it cannot evaporate. The refrigeration units cannot come close to condensing that amount of water vapour out of the air at the rate it is being produced.

It might seem a simple solution to just open the doors and allow all that free, cool, dry air in through one side of the hall and the hot, humid air out of the other side but it is not that simple. I asked one of managers of the weekender venues why this couldn't be done.

Apparently it is all to do with the fire regulations. The doors must remain closed to limit the amount of air available should a fire break out.

This leaves me puzzled. If a fire does break out then the fire doors will be open anyway because we will all be running out of them. Bah to limiting the supply of air to the fire - what about the limited and decreasing supply of oxygen to the people still inside? or is it alright for them to die of suffocation as long as the fire goes out?

By all means keep the fire doors closed when the building is empty but I don't understand the rationale for keeping them closed while we are all in the building.

If someone can explain it to me I would be deeply grateful.

mikeyr
9th-May-2006, 04:09 PM
I had a Good weekend overall, I always enjoy Camber though. Did Storm and I think that taking everything into account neither one comes out firmly on top.

Gender balance: As a man it didn't really affect me, but it does bother me we have one.

I will be villified for this comment but I feel I have to make it. IMHO both men and women have their favorites and if they are not there to dance with it detracts from the dance experience. You cant just balance numbers and expect it to work. Even though there were ladies over, there were Ladies who werent there that would have made weekend even more enjoyable.

Friday - Upstairs tropical but good music.
Downstairs - cooler but music patchy

Saturday - Upstairs a sauna, so now I am a few pounds lighter
Downstairs - Spent quite a bit of the evening there, again much cooler and music better, but why do the DJ's think we want to have fast dances that late I will never fathom.

Sunday - Upstairs Less hot - music really good stayed fuller longer.
Downstairs - Not so good music, not as many bodies as usual,
Express check-in and Accomodation was spot on. But then I dont stay on-site:D :D :D

Parking - As I stay off-site its the same as always.
Free water - so much easier but half the Air-con or so it seemed.

I will be back in Camber in November in the meantime look forward to seeing you all in Southport (my first time there, so I will be making comparisons)

Finally A very big thankyou to all the ladies and guys i danced with, who made it another cracking weekend.

Non Forumites: Paulette So smooth as always :flower: Anne, Alice and your friend(in the Latin room) whose name I didnt catch from the Sunny South West. Denise, Jo and Cathy(new to the forum) from Windsor:flower: . Marianne - Just the one dance this time but soooo memorable:respect: Elliot sorry for the not so spectacular Ariels but you are heavy.

To the french speaking Vietnamese Lady whose Name I have sadly forgotten "C'été long temps puisque j'ai parlé français et je suis désolé si je ne me comprenais pas"

Forumites: Top Bird, Fletch (In sparkly won shoes ) youre gorgeous, Witty, Taz, a certain Lady. Missy D good to dance with you again:flower: Dee sadly I didnt get a dance with you:sad: and Sexy M thankyou for the lovely dances :flower:
Finally Wayaaybird I dunno how you put up with me, but thankyou :respect: :worthy: :flower:

fletch
9th-May-2006, 04:13 PM
The weekend.......................

Upstairs music was FAB most of the time, just a pity it was very hot and lots of ladies queuing, but wasn't to much of a problem if I couldn't get a dance i'm quite happy dancing around my handbag, even if everyone looks at me as if i'm mad (and i'm not of couse):wink:

the soda water was FREE what a result, compared with £2.50 at Oxford and £2.80 at Scarbourh and £2.00 at the Champs.:D

I did get caught on the uneven floor a couple of times.:eek:

24 hour dancing, well as a die hard it worked for me, and a new pair of shoes to show for it FANTASTIC, just what I needed.:whistle:

Lovely to get to chat with more forumties.:flower:

Them pesky seagulls kept me awake though.:whistle: :wink:

Roll on November Franco did a FAB job :respect:

stewart38
9th-May-2006, 04:16 PM
In the defence of organisers everywhere a large room of dancers anywhere will be chucking out a lot of heat and water vapour and cooling them down is a major task. None of the events that I have been to have managed the task adequately nor do I think that cooling 600-700 people dancing in that concentration is actually possible with refrigeration units.

The main problem for me seems to be the HUMIDITY from the peoples breath and perspiration. In such a humid atmosphere you can perspire as much as you like but it will not cool you off because it cannot evaporate. The refrigeration units cannot come close to condensing that amount of water vapour out of the air at the rate it is being produced.

It might seem a simple solution to just open the doors and allow all that free, cool, dry air in through one side of the hall and the hot, humid air out of the other side but it is not that simple. I asked one of managers of the weekender venues why this couldn't be done.

Apparently it is all to do with the fire regulations. The doors must remain closed to limit the amount of air available should a fire break out.

This leaves me puzzled. If a fire does break out then the fire doors will be open anyway because we will all be running out of them. Bah to limiting the supply of air to the fire - what about the limited and decreasing supply of oxygen to the people still inside? or is it alright for them to die of suffocation as long as the fire goes out?

By all means keep the fire doors closed when the building is empty but I don't understand the rationale for keeping them closed while we are all in the building.

If someone can explain it to me I would be deeply grateful.

If Pontins wanted to put their hand in their pockets they could get air conditioning. Many town halls have doors open , windows etc

I didnt notice the 'heat' on a lot warmer day at champs with 1000 + dancers

Easy to blame Fire regs or Insurance people :sad: but lets face it if you didnt have air conditioning in Las Vegas hotels no one would go to them . Its what they DEMAND

Its probably a topic outside of Franco control so we can go on about it but doubt it will change in the short term

Not aware of anyone collapsing over heat exhaution but upstairs was very warm.

The doors were open on sat in the other room but closed on sunday ??

SilverFox
9th-May-2006, 04:22 PM
The doors were open on sat in the other room but closed on sunday ??The doors had to remain closed due to complaints from the local residents re the music.

See, the music really was that bad.....

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 04:31 PM
Kelly is my buddy - the best friend of my very good friend Pat the Kat who is one of the best RnB DJ's on the 40s scene. He is also an ex-boyfriend of a very lovely and excellant MJ dancer - hence his MJ knowledge and expertise. I am trying to persuade him to come to Southport
I will have a try at him tonight he will be at greenwich I hear :whistle:

And what about my other very good buddy Danny (Witty :whistle: ) who is very very cute and an excellant dancer too
All that I can say on the subject of Danny is :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

fletch
9th-May-2006, 04:43 PM
Sliver Fox, with matching hair and shoes, but what's going on with those knees

fletch
9th-May-2006, 04:45 PM
All that I can say on the subject of Danny is :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Danny, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

form a que behind me :drool:

I still have my £20 note ready for the lap dancing session:wink: :whistle:

:rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 04:46 PM
Sliver Fox, with matching hair and shoes, but what's going on with those knees
Where was I and why did I miss this :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :sad:

Danny, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

After me your first sweetie :drool: :drool: :drool:

Msfab
9th-May-2006, 04:50 PM
Where was I and why did I miss this :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :sad:

Err, think youd giving up and gone to bed because of the new shoes you'd won the morning before!

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 04:54 PM
Err, think youd giving up and gone to bed because of the new shoes you'd won the morning before!
Ahh damn them new shoes they made me miss out on SF's legs :tears: :tears: :tears:

The shoes will come out to play again tonight must get used to wearing them

fletch
9th-May-2006, 05:17 PM
Ahh damn them new shoes they made me miss out on SF's legs :tears: :tears: :tears:

The shoes will come out to play again tonight must get used to wearing them
Light weight :na: I did two nights on the trot :clap: but i'm glad by the look on you face I didn't do Sunday :what: are you feeling better, :flower: you looked very pale monday morning,:sick: not long for Southport, its not 24 hrs so party at mine.:waycool:

As long as i don't get another DASBO:really:

:cheers:

WittyBird
9th-May-2006, 05:19 PM

:wink: :rofl: Don't know what you could possibly mean :confused:

fletch
9th-May-2006, 05:22 PM
Fletch (In sparkly won shoes ) youre gorgeous

You will have to change your name on hear you will always be Mike muscles :waycool: its confusing me, not hard I know.:blush:

Our dances made my weekend you do my street cred the world of good:worthy:

fletch
9th-May-2006, 05:24 PM
:wink: :rofl: Don't know what you could possibly mean :confused:
Your behind me Taz is 1st :wink:

Is he going to Southport:whistle:

WittyBird
9th-May-2006, 05:25 PM

I don't think so thanks :rofl:

dee
9th-May-2006, 05:26 PM
Orgasmic Mark and Ickle chick'n

I did meet Ickle chick'n i remember the dress, sorry i didn't know who you were i hope to meet properly some other time :flower:

As for orgasmic mark :rolleyes: that's the last time i ask him for a dance :mad:

Welcome to the forum Kelly, what a lovely dancer you are :drool: thanks for all the dances :flower:

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 05:29 PM
As for orgasmic mark :rolleyes: that's the last time i ask him for a dance :mad:
Did he refuse you hunny?? :confused: I don't ever ask him to dance anymore as he has refused me 3 times :mad: :mad:

*cough* Erm I don't think so :grin:

Ickle Chick'n
9th-May-2006, 05:35 PM
Danny, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I still have my £20 note ready for the lap dancing session:wink: :whistle:

:rofl:
Scuse me... *gently nudges Fletch aside to squeeze into queue if it's the Danny I'm thinking of... maybe stamping on her toe for posting that orrid piccy of me in such a flattering pose!:angry:*

Must say, loved your frocks too chick, very jealous of you and Mrs Par, lovely.

Foxy's legs... :sick: sorry foxy, glad I left early me thinx! :D

ok...

Did the 24 hour dancing thing work? I'm ashamed I only made it to 8am Sunday morning as got to a point I didn't wanna keep asking the same people to dance incase they got fed up and there weren't many there, long trip up and a cold wrote friday night off but next time more determined. Well done to those who stayed up though!:clap:

How was the gender balance? Seemed better than last time I have to admit, maybe I'm getting better at fighting :D

The new fast check in..how fast?Too late up to find out...!
Who were the Dj's?Only recognised a couple, one our own Nelson
What was the music like.. upstairs/ downstairs?Upstairs-good to get going for a couple of hours when arrived Friday night/Saturday Morning but not so much Sat, it drove me downstairs where I stayed most of Saturday night/Sunday morning. Sunday there was only upstairs open bfefore I had to leave :sad: First time I ever left a weekend early and NEVER AGAIN!!!

Did anyone manage to stay dancing till 10am?Nope but with training...next time!
Queues at the bar?Lived on water
Did the water run out?There was a brief moment before a nice strong lady in front of me, not tottering in heals, heaved another bottle into place! Loved the new water stations, great idea!

Did you have a forum gathering/partry/BBQ?Not that I knew of....?

Any new and exciting classes?I must admit that this time I found this particular line up of classes a little uninspiring for me(IMO)sorry! I was all set to do a load this time as had some newbies with me but they loved a few classes they did.

What was the cabaret like?I hear loads of good things but didn't quite make it out in time!

What was the floor like?If there's ever a slight edge to trip on I find it but wasn;t too bad this time, thanks to the lovely guys who kept catching me, smiling, then carrying on! :grin:

Was there adequate air-con?I have never experienced it so hot there and yet there seemed to be less people the hours I came out to play, not sure what was going on with that?!

Parking on/off site?Big concern for me. I may only have a ickle fiesta but I know there was previously vandalism so it was orrid knowing that travelling the distance we had to after work meant we were not going to get a secure space!Also not being allowed on site even to off load was an awful thing to deal with!(distressed ickle chick'n!and nothing to do with the spider that just fell off my head!:eek:)

Floor space?Loadsa room compared to normal...did I just come out when everyone else had gone to bed?!

dee
9th-May-2006, 05:39 PM
Did he refuse you hunny?? :confused: I don't ever ask him to dance anymore as he has refused me 3 times :mad: :mad:

Like he is some 'hotshot' he comes to camber in his shell necklace thinking he is great :mad: last time i ask him :angry:

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 05:41 PM
Like he is some 'hotshot' he comes to camber in his shell necklace thinking he is great :mad: last time i ask him :angry:
:hug: :hug: We obviously don't fit his criteria hunny don't worry about it :hug: :hug:

Msfab
9th-May-2006, 05:44 PM

It used to be the same with me, now depending on venue I may or may not get a dance with him. His loss at the end of the day Dee!:hug:

fletch
9th-May-2006, 05:46 PM
Scuse me... *gently nudges Fletch aside to squeeze into queue if it's the Danny I'm thinking of... maybe stamping on her toe for posting that orrid piccy of me in such a flattering pose!:angry:*

sorry Ickle chick'n I thought you look fab :blush: Orgasmic Mark looks pleased with himself :what: You can go before me :flower: that's four of in the que now :whistle: but i'm sure he can cope:wink: perhaps he could do us a private lap dancing session:drool:

Smooth Kelly
9th-May-2006, 05:50 PM

Yes definately for me and the other hardcore, Taz, Fletch Lisa Limpy Tink to name a few. The rest I don't remember your names. Music should have been more consistant in the very early hours. However, the DJ's get tired too and it's hard work.

For me the gender balance was fine, If you want to dance, do be shy just ask. All different all equal.:waycool:

Don't know someone else did it.

Who were the Dj's?
Only know Roger, the one on sunday morning was hit and miss but, like I said it's a hard job.

Upstairs was good and if I did not like the track I went downstairs so you had a balance in the end.

Did anyone manage to stay dancing till 10am
Quite a few including myself

Queues at the bar?
none I always got served quickly

Did the water run out?
No always on tap

No, If there was one why was I not invited, remember next time.

I never attended any to busy having a good time. I hope they got something new when I go tonight

I was asleep at the time

What was the floor like?
Dangerous in the upstairs small room poor ladies, how they never broke their heels is just good fortune. They need to work on that, before someone gets injured.

No way

Parking on/off site?
Fortunate if you are early but no problem.

Floor space?
Excellent from 4:00 am onwards.
But tight during peak times.
It would have been great if the small room upstairs was open until 4:00 am too, that would free up a lot of space. I guess they need to think of how to absorb the cost.

Ickle Chick'n
9th-May-2006, 05:51 PM
I did meet Ickle chick'n i remember the dress, sorry i didn't know who you were i hope to meet properly some other time :flower:

It's all a blur to me, people, names...forum names... it's a lot to take in! Maybe catch up with you at Southport.

Forgot to say ta to all the gorgous men I got to play with, and to the lovely ladies their other halves in some cases, thanks for sharing girlies! I was scared about asking Mikeyr to dance on Sunday but it was great fun, TY! Really enjoyed dances with other forumit chappies too (Mr UP, Spiceneasy, DD etc not gonna name all cos I'll miss someone, you're all gorge!)

Hada great time, can't wait til southport!

fletch
9th-May-2006, 05:58 PM
It would have been great if the small room upstairs was open until 4:00 am too, that would free up a lot of space. I guess they need to think of how to absorb the cost.
welcome to the forum, fab dances, lovely to meat you:flower:

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 06:01 PM
lovely to meat you:flower:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Something your not telling us fletch?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SilverFox
9th-May-2006, 06:01 PM
welcome to the forum, fab dances, lovely to meat you:flower:Something on your mind Fletch?....

EDIT: Wow! Beaten to a cheap smutty bit of innuendo by Taz.

EDIT AGAIN::rolleyes:

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 06:07 PM
Something on your mind Fletch?....

EDIT: Wow! Beaten to a cheap smutty bit of innuendo by Taz.

EDIT AGAIN::rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: great smutty minds think alike :wink:

WittyBird
9th-May-2006, 06:15 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: great smutty minds think alike :wink:

Fools seldom differ :D

dee
9th-May-2006, 06:30 PM
Something on your mind Fletch?....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Welcome to the forum Smooth Kelly :clap: :clap:

Missy D
9th-May-2006, 06:48 PM
I had some lovely dances with Kelly:drool: May have to come to Bromley soon:whistle:

Oh and I danced with Danny! Wow!:drool: runs off for a cold shower

I didnt get a dance with organic Mark either. Am i right in thinking this is him that looks a bit like Howard Jones?

WittyBird
9th-May-2006, 06:49 PM
I didnt get a dance with organic Mark either.
What is he a vegetable? :rofl: MFAO

Missy D
9th-May-2006, 06:58 PM
What is he a vegetable? :rofl: MFAO

Well he certainly aint 'orgasmic' to me sweetie:rofl:

Minnie M
9th-May-2006, 07:00 PM

Is he going to Southport:whistle:
not this one .... but might be able to persuade him to come to September - mind you he lives in Southampton :eek:

this is Danny Lewington (http://www.jiveriot.com/) before he lost about 4 stone (he lost 6 stone all together :worthy: :respect: :clap: :eek: ) !!! He use to teach for Kelly at Jive Riot

Donna
9th-May-2006, 07:08 PM
not this one .... but might be able to persuade him to come to September - mind you he lives in Southampton :eek:

this is Danny Lewington (http://www.jiveriot.com/) before he lost about 4 stone (he lost 6 stone all together :worthy: :respect: :clap: :eek: ) !!! He use to teach for Kelly at Jive Riot

Ah ha! Of course Danny!!!! :worthy: Excellent dancer! :worthy: In fact, he showed me a picture of him at the champs of what he used to look like compared to now. Amaaazing! :respect: I told him he should get into modelling.... which he does anyway! :clap:

Missy D
9th-May-2006, 07:10 PM

Right thats it then if he is going then i will book for September too:innocent: Oh and i do believe it will be my birthday that wekend too:clap:

Tell him if the drive is too much for him he can come to mine first and i will drive the rest of the way:whistle: *plans route via the pennines*

WittyBird
I told him he should get into modelling.... which he does anyway! :clap:

Oh yes the naked butler :rofl:

Seahorse
Thanks to Seahorse for adding clout to Spice'n'easy and SilverFox this morning in their quest to humiliate me at all costs! :wink: And apologise to all that heard them shouting from the balcony and laughing hysterically - I put it down to sleep deprivation.:rofl:

...but you set us up with your oneliners... Silver Fox and Spice&Easy just had to wait for the feed... chalet 80 was like a situation comedy with the set pieces between Barbara (who renamed herself Sharon), Lucy and the three of you. In fact I liked the show so much on Saturday afternoon (or was it Sunday - I can't remember) that I went back for the repeat on Monday morning... will return for the matinee at Southport.

Incidently, have you sorted out that trip to Brom yet? Just warn you that we heard it's a tad cliquey...

dee
Well he certainly aint 'orgasmic' to me sweetie:rofl:

And to think i used to fancy the pants off the guy :sick:

Donna
9th-May-2006, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Missy D]Right thats it then if he is going then i will book for September too:innocent: Oh and i do believe it will be my birthday that wekend too:clap: [QUOTE]

oooh Dawn, will be a good birthday treat for you then! :drool: :rofl:

Minnie M
yep !!

We need a photo in his working clothes (bow tie / cuffs and apron and NOTHING ELSE) - wonder if he would send me one :blush: :blush: :blush:

WittyBird
Right thats it then if he is going then i will book for September too:innocent: Oh and i do believe it will be my birthday that wekend too:clap:

Didn't think you were going to SP in June :confused:

Tell him if the drive is too much for him he can come to mine first and i will drive the rest of the way:whistle: *plans route via the pennines*

If you managed to get there at all :rofl:

stewart38
9th-May-2006, 07:16 PM
A picture of Taz getting reading to go out on the saturday night with the 'essential' items on the bed

A picture of my 'essential' items also attached :grin:

WittyBird
9th-May-2006, 07:17 PM
chalet 80 was like a situation comedy

Thanks for that really vital piece of info :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 07:23 PM
We need a photo in his working clothes (bow tie / cuffs and apron and NOTHING ELSE) - wonder if he would send me one :blush: :blush: :blush:
Oh yes we soooo do :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks for that really vital piece of info :rofl:
Exactly my thoughts :rofl: :rofl:

Minnie M
9th-May-2006, 07:24 PM
I was a little disappoiinted this weekender that I wasn't introduced to any new forumites :sad: except for Robd - however didn't ask me to dance :tears:

I rarely ask good dancers to dance unless I know them VERY well as I know they are under pressure with all the other girlies queing for them

WittyBird
9th-May-2006, 07:25 PM
Exactly my thoughts :rofl: :rofl:

Really :whistle:

Cruella
9th-May-2006, 07:26 PM
He's actually the Cheeky Butler, can't seem to find his website though :rolleyes: course i've not looked very hard.:whistle:

WittyBird
9th-May-2006, 07:27 PM
He's actually the Cheeky Butler, can't seem to find his website though :rolleyes: course i've not looked very hard.:whistle:

All you had to do was ask Di :whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
9th-May-2006, 07:29 PM
All you had to do was ask Di :whistle:
Well come on then spill what you know :D

Cruella
9th-May-2006, 07:30 PM
I was a little disappoiinted this weekender that I wasn't introduced to any new forumites :sad: except for Robd - however didn't ask me to dance :tears:

:rofl: Most people are disappointed when introduced to RobD.:rofl: Yes he's a hotshot thinks he's too good for us mortals :whistle:

stewart38
9th-May-2006, 07:34 PM

Pull me ??

5 birds im my chalet and still 3 birds waiting outside :whistle:

WittyBird
9th-May-2006, 07:35 PM
:rofl: Most people are disappointed when introduced to RobD.:rofl:

He didn't disappoint me when I checked his socks :rofl:

stewart38
9th-May-2006, 07:45 PM
Taz , WB and Fletch waiting for a number 9 bus

Pic of Fletch caught first thing in the morning :flower:

Minnie M
9th-May-2006, 08:01 PM
:rofl: Most people are disappointed when introduced to RobD.:rofl: Yes he's a hotshot thinks he's too good for us mortals :whistle:
:yeah: was a little worried to say that, first impressions and all that - thanks Cruella :hug:

Minnie M
9th-May-2006, 08:08 PM
He didn't disappoint me when I checked his socks :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: I know what you are talking about :whistle:

robd
10th-May-2006, 08:16 AM

Minnie, we met previously at Nov Camber and danced there though you maybe didn't know me as a forumite then. I am perhaps more of a tepidshot than hotshot and I would love to dance with you. The only reasons I didn't ask you on Sunday night were
* We had to leave at midnight to go back home - I was already 30 mins past curfew :sick:
* I thought you might have the hump from my spoilsport refusal to take part in the partner swap dance that happened in the early hours of Sunday morning :blush:

Hopefully I can make it up to you at Southport :flower:

Robert

Yogi_Bear
10th-May-2006, 08:26 AM
I never had a problem on the freestyle, i didn't once have to ask a man to dance as there seemed to be plenty asking me :innocent:

Had I been there Dee, I would have been among them, you're a pleasure to dance with.....:nice:

Cruella
10th-May-2006, 08:29 AM
* I thought you might have the hump from my spoilsport refusal to take part in the partner swap

Can't believe any man would refuse this offer! :innocent:

robd
10th-May-2006, 08:37 AM

Its really sad to see :sad:

Because with so many women over, the men know they'll get dances even if they insist on wearing vests (all the better to show off their sweaty, hairy armpits :sick: )

robd
10th-May-2006, 08:46 AM
Can't believe any man would refuse this offer! :innocent:

Well, if your old man is available at any point, please let me know :wink:

robd
10th-May-2006, 09:08 AM
Unsure - I went back at 4.30 Fri and 6 Sat which was plenty for me.

Too many ladies - I feel so sorry for the less predatory/attractive/young/slim women for whom it must have been a real trial.

As Tony the Tiger would say...GGGGRRREEEEAAATTT

Who were the Dj's?
Sheepman, Nelson, ummm, Dave Plummer........

Upstairs not to my tastes. Downstairs varied - I don't mind swing but it's incredibly frustrating to hear it and not be able to dance Swing/Lindy with any degree of competence

See prev posts

Queues at the bar?
Not problematic

Did the water run out?
Don't think so

Informally at the usual tables

Only did the 2 Advanced Jive classes with Nelson/Karen and Nigel/Nina plus the Sun night American Blues. Haven't had the pleasure of a N/N class before and, it won't surprise anyone here to learn, I thought they were excellent. Good sense of humour, sound technique and, crucially, both partners help to give information specific to their role so both leaders and followers get a good deal from the lesson.
Katherine did Alina's ladies styling class and was very positive about it - it certainly gave her more confidence when dancing downstairs. I asked Alina to dance and stood there like a lemon for most of the track as she did enough decoration to fill a series of Changing Rooms :sick:

Enjoyable. Sensational spins from Joseph. The Latin couple were accomplished but didn't excite me.

What was the floor like?
Main floors OK. Temporary floors dreadful - a big minus for me. Didn't do Storm so don't know how those floors compared but in just about every dance downstairs on the temp flooring I was catching my heels (probably exacerbated by my tendency to slide around and not lift my feet off the floor).

No - upstairs on the rare occasion I ventured in was unbearable

Parking on/off site?
Got there 2 pm Fri so I was alright Jack

Floor space?
Varied. A certain SDF winner could do with a few lessons in floorcraft :whistle:

Swinging bee
10th-May-2006, 09:08 AM
Had a great Camber,thought the check in was super efficient, well done Franco. I think that "24" is here to stay, good stuff!
Played 4 sets, 2 swing and blues 1 latin and a modern which was a departure from the norm.
Thank you to those people who made such kind comments on the sets, in particular Saturday in the Blues room, which for the first time in my experience was at capacity (just after the cabaret), most of the people were dancing! so I must have played something they liked!

Yes, there were a few negatives but nothing which cannot be adressed in the future. Perfection is always unattainable.

Had some great dances, particularly with Fletch, who always looked a picture, Zebra woman and the legendary Minnie M. X

Got my name down for November..

robd
10th-May-2006, 09:24 AM
Overall, I had a good time at Camber. As it's only my 2nd weekender I don't have a huge amount to compare it to but I was certainly sorry to be leaving on Sunday (and not just because Di-yena and Zebra were fresh out of Africa).

Had some great dances (and giggles, Msfab! :na: ) with forumites, known and previously unknown, and non-forumites alike.

Hated the evil squawking seagulls :angry: and our chalet neighbours who thought playing the same song 10 times in a row was a good idea.

Roll on Southport.

Bubbalou
10th-May-2006, 10:31 AM
Well, what an amazing weekend!!!!

Was great to get to know lots of you better.

Fletch, the early morning coffee/muffins and chat was a treat!!

Taz, fab as always..........

WB, what can I say??!!!!! Your wit on Sunday eve was classic. Classic! Have some rep for that (million reps coming!!) lol lol . yes I see why you are called WB........:rofl: :rofl:

Probably my best Camber yet (and there have been many).

Thanks to all of you who contributed to that. You lovely lovely people!!

Lou xx:kiss:

ps, Taz, I know Craigiebabie beat me Sunday night/monday morning :respect: but I did stay til 7.40 am so can I have a little bit of praise..........then I HAD to goto bed. Just HAD to.........

Tazmanian Devil
10th-May-2006, 10:44 AM
Taz, fab as always..........
:worthy: :worthy: Thanks babe :blush: :blush:

ps, Taz, I know Craigiebabie beat me Sunday night/monday morning :respect: but I did stay til 7.40 am so can I have a little bit of praise..........then I HAD to goto bed. Just HAD to.........
O.k maybe a little bit of praise then seeing as you were probably awake anyway :whistle: :wink:

fletch
10th-May-2006, 03:19 PM
Fletch, the early morning coffee/muffins and chat was a treat!!

Just what the doctor ordered:drool:

Loverly to get to know you better :flower:

:hug:

fletch
10th-May-2006, 03:21 PM
Had some great dances, particularly with Fletch, who always looked a picture,

Thank you :flower:

You and linda are loverly you give all us singles hope:hug:

Minnie M
10th-May-2006, 03:25 PM
Minnie, we met previously at Nov Camber and danced there
Sorry really don't remember :blush:

.... I thought you might have the hump from my spoilsport refusal to take part in the partner swap dance that happened in the early hours of Sunday morning :blush: ......
yes I did :really: and it was also very embarassing :mad:

.....Hopefully I can make it up to you at Southport :flower:

Robert
See you there :flower:

Msfab
10th-May-2006, 03:36 PM
Someone else youve upset Rob!:whistle:

Minnie M
10th-May-2006, 03:41 PM
....../no quote/......
Love the new avatar Msfab ..... where do you find them :yeah: :clap:

robd
10th-May-2006, 03:44 PM
{Partner swapping stuff}

Sorry for any embarassment Minnie, it wasn't intended. My partner and I stuck together for that whole dance. I hate partner swapping (unless it's a chance to foist off Msfab :whistle: on some unsuspecting soul) even if it is one track, just a bit of fun, etc, etc and I guess we should have found somewhere less prominent to be dancing if we didn't want to play.

Robert

Msfab
10th-May-2006, 03:48 PM
I hate partner swapping (unless it's a chance to foist off Msfab :whistle: on some unsuspecting soul)

Hey:angry: roll on southport!

robd
10th-May-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey:angry: roll on southport!

And how many lucky men will be there hoping to p-p-p-pick up a penguin :wink:

fletch
10th-May-2006, 03:56 PM
I hate partner swapping [SIZE="2"]
I love it, its grate fun, I had several dances with two guy's who swapped me between them,:worthy: what a laugh, I danced with them last Camber and then again at Oxford, its very challenging, but what a laugh:D

Msfab
10th-May-2006, 03:58 PM
And how many lucky men will be there hoping to p-p-p-pick up a penguin :wink:

Oh and how long did that take you to come up with?:rolleyes:
If you hadnt notice, Im not actually a Penguin!

Love the new avatar Msfab ..... where do you find them :yeah: :clap:
If I tell you im going to have to kill you though:rolleyes: Google

Mr Cool
10th-May-2006, 08:19 PM
To many dancers the music floor quality and the dancers are the only major factors at a dance event.
I am a dance junkie I suspect i have been to as many week enders as most and because i dance swing I have also attended most of the big lindy events.

The reason I prefer Francos Camber to all the other events including Southport, Bogner, Storm, the Swing Jam, Monster Jive, Camp Savoy, Rock bottoms, Beach boogie, The Woodside, and the Sultans of swing.

Is the variety of music in the swing and blues room. I like music from all eras
Swing Rhythm and blues Hip hop. Pop, Latin. Tango. any thing but it must have a basic structure to dance to, give me Stops and hesitations changes in tempo etc. but please please please do not play boring souless R&B or pop music that is a monotone start to finish. :drool: :mad: :drool:
Some people may be happy to dance a west coast routine or a ceroc routine to it but for me and many others we wait for the music to tell us what to do.
So please Franco give us variety and music that inspires us not music that puts us to sleep ZZZZZZZZZZ.
Ps it wont be popular but i think They should rename Southport blues room R&b
Thanks Franco May Camber was superb.

:waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

Mich Mosh
11th-May-2006, 01:39 PM
:grin: Hi everyone.....wow this is the first moment I have had to go on the forum since arriving back............I must say that I came home on such a high I ended up at Bowdon on tuesday night just to keep dancing!! You can tell it is all a new addicition for me!!!

Hello:D :clap: to everyone on the forum I met at Camber. I hope to see you again sometime!

As a Weekender Virgin (on the ridiculous) I got a lot out of Camber. I have come back to the North a totally different dancer much more confident in my dancing and I learnt a lot from the workshops........and most of all being given the opportunity to dance with good male leads most of the time makes a big difference.

Loved the music in the Latin Room, shame it was so quiet. Every time I went down to the Blues Room I sat down and promptly started to fall asleep when the music was too slow....... so I ended up upstairs a lot of the time.

I loved the lunchtime Jive in the main room. Not too hot and less people on the dance floor!

No the water never ran out to my knowledge......and :clap: :clap: to Franco who made sure it didn't run out!
:flower: :flower: Keep in touch Folks!

stewart38
11th-May-2006, 02:23 PM
:

Loved the music in the Latin Room, shame it was so quiet.

When was it so quite ??

Chef
11th-May-2006, 03:14 PM
Loved the music in the Latin Room, shame it was so quiet. Every time I went down to the Blues Room I sat down and promptly started to fall asleep when the music was too slow....... so I ended up upstairs a lot of the time.

It is a pity that the slowness of some of the blues room music sent you to sleep. For myself, it wasn't until I started to dance to slow music that I found that it gave me time (as a lead) to learn how to dance smoothly, with control, with musical interpretation, with precision in placement, and in time. Being aware of these aspects in my attempts at dancing slow have transfered into my faster dancing.

As a result my fast dancing is still just as fast but feels less frantic. My partner is not pulled about because I am more in control, on balance and my lead is smoother.

I hope that one day you will enjoy slow music. If you don't then at least you have discovered a great cure for insomnia.

Best wishes.

fletch
11th-May-2006, 03:18 PM
When was it so quite ??
Proberbly when we wasn't in there :rofl:

Donna
11th-May-2006, 03:20 PM
As a result my fast dancing is still just as fast but feels less frantic. My partner is not pulled about because I am more in control, on balance and my lead is smoother.
this is one thing I fear. Now I put a bit more aggression into my dancing (for the fast tracks that is) if I chose to do too much blues it might have an effect on it. It's a case of whether you can switch from one style to the other.

I hope that one day you will enjoy slow music. If you don't then at least you have discovered a great cure for insomnia.

Gosh! I love blues music, but I'd be the same.. listen to too much of it, and I'd end up snoozing.

Mich Mosh
11th-May-2006, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Chef]It is a pity that the slowness of some of the blues room music sent you to sleep.

Slow music relaxes me so much it puts me to sleep plus I wasn't really asked much to dance in the blues room until sunday night....I was falling asleep becasue it was 5am on sunday, although I paced myself through the weekend I think by then i was a little washed out!

:respect: Totally totally agree about the music. I do love the fast music / songs and the energy with it but you are given more time to express yourself and the lead has more time to think and use different types and quality of moves in the Blues / slower music. Where I go for classes a lot of the music is Blues and Swing, but not in the weekend freestyles I go to. Also as a newcomer to dance I still enjoy the modern music to dance too!

I think I liked the Latin room because I enjoy the music and watching the experienced Latin movers.

On Sunday night (well monday morning really) from 3am I started to be asked to dance more in the Blues room........and I loved every minute of it!!:respect:

So next time just ask me please and I'll dance the morning away!!!!!!!!!:waycool:

Mich Mosh
11th-May-2006, 04:02 PM
I agree...when Fletch wasn't in their! but also it was kept open till 2am Sunday morning it was packed everywhere except in the Latin Room!

Also everytime I went in I never saw more than 5 couples dancing! Can't remember when though! Probably at hours when most people were still asleep!!!

fletch
11th-May-2006, 04:27 PM
I agree...when Fletch wasn't in their! but also it was kept open till 2am Sunday morning it was packed everywhere except in the Latin Room!

Also everytime I went in I never saw more than 5 couples dancing! Can't remember when though! Probably at hours when most people were still asleep!!!
Sleep! whats that, :D

I did find it difficult to get a dance in there.:sad:

Although I had the most amazing dance with Adam in there my legs were like jelly when I walked off the floor he really put me through my paces,:love: I later watched him dance with Marianne, that girl has style :respect:

Mich Mosh
11th-May-2006, 05:00 PM
Style.......she is unbel.........ievable!! I saw her early one morning i nthe Latin room totally lost in the dance and fantastic to watch!!!

think I need a few lessons from her!

Mich Mosh
11th-May-2006, 05:02 PM
Maybe we watched the same dance!!!!!!!!

Minnie M
11th-May-2006, 05:13 PM
Are you talking about Dutch Ginger (Marianne) - Mikey's sinful partner ?

She is available for private 'styling' classes at Franco events - and does a great job too :respect:

dancecrazy
12th-May-2006, 12:36 PM
Talking of style- have you seen Alina dance? AMAZING!

Donna
12th-May-2006, 01:09 PM
Talking of style- have you seen Alina dance? AMAZING!

Yep Alinas a lovely dancer and a lovely person too. met her at champs. I especially love that showcase she did with peter phillips (lounge lizard) :worthy:

fletch
12th-May-2006, 02:32 PM
I can't remember what day it was, its all a bluer, its wasn't Friday think it was Sunday, but thay looked fantastic:respect:

Mich Mosh
12th-May-2006, 10:12 PM
:rofl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: yep....but i think it was sunday....................can't believe I was in camber a week ago already....time does fly.

Hope you have recovered and all is well or are you suffering from Camber Lag and sleeping all day and still dancing till 9am??:rofl:

fletch
13th-May-2006, 08:25 AM
:rofl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: yep....but i think it was sunday....................can't believe I was in camber a week ago already....time does fly.

Hope you have recovered and all is well or are you suffering from Camber Lag and sleeping all day and still dancing till 9am??:rofl:
I wish Nantwich tonight till about 12.00 but I have got Southport to lookforward to.:clap:

Do you go to Nantwich? :flower:

Mich Mosh
13th-May-2006, 02:13 PM
Did this reply once but it did not upload....so if you get two that's why!!

Yep :clap: I have been once and it was a great night....but that was because of the music the venue had little atmosphere and no more than 100 people!! But was worth it.

I am going to Chester on friday and other than my local class won't be at another till Stockport 24th!:tears: :tears: Got a few parties etc!

So I hope to see you soon and enjoy Southport.:yeah:

Gus
13th-May-2006, 06:55 PM
I am going to Chester on friday Urrrr .. thought the Chester freestyle was on Saturday :confused:

Mich Mosh
14th-May-2006, 09:15 PM
Sorry it is!!! It's me. My firend is taking me and I have never been before. She has just confirmed it is Saturday! But she booked tickets as it is only a small venue ...or so I have been told!......Damn that means I have to wait an extra 24 hours.AAAAgghh!!!!!

Little Monkey
15th-May-2006, 11:36 AM
Right....

Haven't had time to post on the forum, been rather busy since Camber (particularly with the BFG!), but here we go...

Compared with Southport, Camber was a bit of a disappointment to me. Only started dancing 3am saturday morning, and did enjoy the first set I danced to. Then the music deteriorated rather rapidly, so ended up going back to bed again.

Really enjoyed Sheepy's afternoon set on Saturday (but then I have to say that, don't I?:whistle: ), but the dancing was ruined by the bad floor. I kept catching the edges of my soles on the nasty edges on the floor, and it was so bad the sole on one shoe started peeling off!:mad:

Saturday night I missed the cabarets (needed to catch up on sleep again, after a rather memorable dinner party with Mr and Mrs UP - photos??). Started dancing again around midnight, but thought the music was awful! Also stayed well clear of the upstairs main room, as it was just unbearably hot! I only managed about two or three dances in there, before escaping to the cooler blues room.

Missed most of Nelson's set on Sunday morning, which I heard was really good! Just had to get some food and a shower before getting back for Sheepy's 7-10 am set, which was FAB!:clap: Danced my socks off, and had the best dances of the entire weekend. I quite enjoyed having so much space to play with on the floor, esp because there was space on the nice bit of floor in front of the stage, so I didn't have to stumble over the edges on the other bit of nasty floor in the blues room.

Oh, and lots of people have complained that the music was too fast in the blues room after 4am. Like others have said already, the djs were actually under instruction to speed things up to please the crowd coming downstairs when the main venue closed. None of the djs I talked to were happy about this, but they had to do as they were told by the organisers. :( What about letting the djs have more freedom to read the floor, like already suggested by several other people?

What else..... Oh, we stayed in the most disgusting chalet I've ever come across! Poor Bob (bobgadjet) arrived to find a soaking wet sofa bed in his room. The mattress was changed, but the room reeked of urine, and after lots of complaining, the staff finally came to try and sort it out on Sunday. Despite removing the sofa bed and replacing it with another bed, and airing and cleaning the room, it still stank to high heaven! At one point they wanted to move us to another chalet. I wish they had!:(

The bathroom was even scarier.... Nasty blood stains on walls and shower cubicle, as well as nasty brown stains and muck on the floor and walls..... And a lovely rank smell of urine, of course! After describing this to the staff, they came to clean it up. Unfortunately all they did was wash the loo and sink, leaving the bathroom just as disgusting as before. I finally cleaned up the worst of the mess myself, and felt like disinfecting myself afterwards!!!! YUC!!!:sick:

Our bedroom was ok, though. The only thing was that it smelled of smoke. :sick:

Ooops, this is turning into a ratrher long post....

Anyway, Sunday I went to the tango class, and did learn a lot, but thought it was far too advanced for people who have never done tango before! I then had a private lesson with the tango teacher, and again learned a lot. Unfortunately the lesson was cut short by 20 minutes, as he had to run back and teach the milonga class. To the teacher's defence, he did promise me to dance with me and go through some more stuff after the milonga class, but unfortunately my back went to hell again, and I spent the rest of the weekend in bed eating painkillers....:(

So, points out of 10? I'd just give Camber about a 5...... And I'm not too sure if I'll make the effort again....... Maybe......

Roll on Southport!

Mich Mosh
16th-May-2006, 01:37 PM
hey babe......so what point do you give your chalet mates!!! I I hope 12 out of 10!

Wasn't in the chalet much myself....but being the first Camber i had no Chalet to compare to! Or mates but for me ..........well I was glad i didn't wake up one morning to a Black Eyed Pee!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hope you have a better Southport and get in touch when over this way .....I could maybe get in the car and come and see you !!

Donna
16th-May-2006, 01:48 PM
What else..... Oh, we stayed in the most disgusting chalet I've ever come across! Poor Bob (bobgadjet) arrived to find a soaking wet sofa bed in his room. The mattress was changed, but the room reeked of urine, and after lots of complaining, the staff finally came to try and sort it out on Sunday. Despite removing the sofa bed and replacing it with another bed, and airing and cleaning the room, it still stank to high heaven! At one point they wanted to move us to another chalet. I wish they had!:(

The bathroom was even scarier.... Nasty blood stains on walls and shower cubicle, as well as nasty brown stains and muck on the floor and walls..... And a lovely rank smell of urine, of course! After describing this to the staff, they came to clean it up. Unfortunately all they did was wash the loo and sink, leaving the bathroom just as disgusting as before. I finally cleaned up the worst of the mess myself, and felt like disinfecting myself afterwards!!!! YUC!!!:sick:

Our bedroom was ok, though. The only thing was that it smelled of smoke. :sick:

Uuurrr you have have got to be kiddin!! :eek: :sick: To let someone else go in the chalet with it being in that state is bang out of order. They obviously don't check them through and couldn't give a ***** who stays in them after. God! I'm so glad I've just finished my sandwiches after reading this.. I feel sick! :sick: I'd have been fuming if I found mine in that state.

The blood in the bath sounds scaaary. Sound like someone has been bloody murdered in there!! Nah, I reckon it was caused by someone chucking their guts up as a result of too much alcohol. eeewww. It's put me right off.

Mich Mosh
16th-May-2006, 02:17 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: that is what I said to L Monkey when we diagussed it/saw it!!! Thank God I had some cleaning wipes with me.

We also reckon they were so drunk they pissed in the lounge instead of the toilet!!!!:( :( :mad: Anyway we aren't asking for the same chalet next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna
16th-May-2006, 02:20 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: that is what I said to L Monkey when we diagussed it/saw it!!! Thank God I had some cleaning wipes with me.

We also reckon they were so drunk they pissed in the lounge instead of the toilet!!!!:( :( :mad: Anyway we aren't asking for the same chalet next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why you even bothered cleaning someone elses mess up after them. You should have complained again to staff for them to do it. It's their responsibility. Another complaint might have resulted in you actually being moved to a better chalet after all.

Mich Mosh
16th-May-2006, 02:39 PM
:clap: :clap: I agree.....but sometimes I am just too laid back about things!! Anyway my room was fine....I think if I had known right at the begining I would have done something.anyway the past is the past............NEXT TIME when I check in I shall definately be thoroughly going through the place. Some camberites got upgraded.......and we were supposed to have good chalets!!!

I hope Southport is better for everyone::grin:

bobgadjet
16th-May-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't know why you even bothered cleaning someone elses mess up after them. You should have complained again to staff for them to do it. It's their responsibility. Another complaint might have resulted in you actually being moved to a better chalet after all.
Due to the "BED" situation, at 4am Sunday morning I was given another chalet to sleep in, and was told that they may have to move everybody else out to fumigate the place.
I didn't think it fair to move the others as we could at least shut the TV room off if need be.
I bought a block air freshner,a nd having thought about it went to recption and said I didn't think i should pay for it. Without a fuss they did pay for it, so something in their defense I s'pose.

With regard to the staff at Camber, I found every one of them that I had to deal with most helpful, and did all they were asked for (in the end).

They were a far cry from those at Bognor, who just didn't seem to care about anything other than "what time do i finish work" ! ! !

OH DEAR........ it's now made me feel a little sick reading about that room again ! ! ! That sort of thing gets right up my nose :whistle:

bobgadjet
16th-May-2006, 05:08 PM
It's not the cost as far as I know.... its the NOISE

The upstairs windows are not double glazed, and just across the road ared locals trying to sleep.

The main hall also emits noise from the elevation of it's position.

The downstairs is very contained.

We were lucky to get the Sunday night till 2am.

It's only the downstairs room that has "noise containment", so the others can only stay open up to when they say.

Minnie M
16th-May-2006, 05:16 PM
........We were lucky to get the Sunday night till 2am.

It's only the downstairs room that has "noise containment", so the others can only stay open up to when they say.

I don't think so................

At Rhythm Riot (Smooth Kelly can vouch) they close DOWNSTAIRS at 2am and keep UPSTAIRS going until 5am ! and the hall is full right up to the end !

bobgadjet
16th-May-2006, 05:25 PM
Maybe we can have 1500 rooms, where everyone gets their own personal choice of music in each of the rooms. That'll finally stop all the complaints..... probably :rolleyes:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I personally think that's a mildly amusing comment:whistle:

bobgadjet
16th-May-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't think so................

At Rhythm Riot (Smooth Kelly can vouch) they close DOWNSTAIRS at 2am and keep UPSTAIRS going until 5am ! and the hall is full right up to the end !
AH ! !

Only repeating waht was told to me when I asked the staff ! ! !

I stand....well sit actually.... corrected :kiss: :kiss:

mikeyr
17th-May-2006, 11:18 AM
AH ! !

Only repeating waht was told to me when I asked the staff ! ! !

I stand....well sit actually.... corrected :kiss: :kiss:

My Friends who I stay with when at Camber, one of them is on the parish
council and he will tell you as he has told me several times the Upstairs
should close at midnight. It is only because there have been no recent complaints that it stays open till 2am.

However if you were walking from the direction of the golf course on Saturday you would have heard the music coming from the top room
at the front from about 300 metres away.

P.s. There is no love lost between Camber parish council and Pontins.

jockey
19th-May-2006, 08:39 PM
I just did the freestyles on Saturday and Sunday nights (as I was working in Fareham and had to commute).
Needless to say I didnt get much sleep and my journey to Aldershot from Camber on Monday morning was something I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.
I had a terrific time, I have to say.
Highlights included dancing with Cruella early on Sunday evening, swiftly followed by a couple with Zebra Woman, some great dances with a little lady in the blues room, Minnie dancing a sexy number with me, dancing with the girls I regularly bump into in London and meeting up with some old friends, including those on the forum. Thankyou to Johnathon (sp?) for some kind words in the blues room.
Missed were Ray and Jayne, Toby and Clare and that big fella whose gone to Scotland (not to mentiion Lisa and Laura from same neck of woods at one time).
Greg did a notably good set.

Little Monkey
24th-May-2006, 06:03 PM
And here's some photos........

A Blonde Bimbo and a Big Ballerina.

UP feeling a bit of a tart.

And.....?