PDA

View Full Version : Forum the second, eh?

Emma
21st-March-2003, 11:56 PM
I hear a dirty rumour that there's another Ceroc (London) Forum...but I can't find it [deleted reference to un-navigable websites] -anyone have the URL? I want to go and check out the bandwagon :D.

Divissima
22nd-March-2003, 10:57 AM
I've been trying to find it too - and failing miserably....

Gus
22nd-March-2003, 10:59 AM
To date I've come across about 5 other forums. The Jive Party one seems to have now died a death. The SalsaJive and the LeRoc in Bristol have minimal postings as does the Dancer.Org site(through the latter one does have some interesting internationl postings) I think there is also either a JiveLive or RockBottoms forum, but again it only seems to have a small membership. Would be intersting to see what our deprived Southern Ceroc associates can come up with.

Seems like Ceroc Scotland rules all:grin:

Gus
22nd-March-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Emma
I hear a dirty rumour that there's another Ceroc (London) Forum...

Just thought ... if its a Ceroc HQ Forum it could well be on their main website ... given how appalingly bad it is and how non-existent the navigation is you could spend a month of Sundays on the site and never find it!!

Sorry, just couldn't resist that dig:devil: :devil:

Emma
22nd-March-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Just thought ... if its a Ceroc HQ Forum it could well be on their main website ... given how appalingly bad it is and how non-existent the navigation is you could spend a month of Sundays on the site and never find it!!

:devil: spot the way I skilfully get someone else to say this. :innocent:

I hear (from Will?) that there's a new website in the offing. Good.

Will
22nd-March-2003, 02:07 PM
Old Gus has been a bit quiet of late. Nothing like an opportunity to slag off Ceroc UK to smoke him out though eh! :wink:

Anyway, for those of you looking for the Ceroc London forum, you'll find it here (http://www.ceroclondon.com/forum)

They haven't really got there website going yet, which is why you have to use a direct link to the forum, but whatever happens, I'm here for the duration baby! :waycool:

Emma
22nd-March-2003, 07:00 PM
That forum crashes my browser....*sigh*

I use Netscape. (It's rubbish....I know. Call it eccentricity.)

Anyoh, thanks for the URL Will...I do have MSIE too so I had a dekko.....will probably check back from time to time.

Jon
22nd-March-2003, 08:54 PM
London forum is: http://www.ceroclondon.com/forum/

Not really worth looking at yet, as not many posts yet but you can register. Theyre probably waiting for the main ceroclondon.com site to be finished I'd say.

I'm particularly interested in the Taxi dancer section just hope it's not going to be restricted to London taxi dancers.

Heather
22nd-March-2003, 09:32 PM
:D I've just registered on the Ceroclondon Forum via Will's link, there are only 28 members and as far as I know I am the only Scot so far!! It needs a bit livening up, not enough off-topic contributions (yet) BUT we will take care of that!!!!:wink:
On first impression, it is a bit grey (literally) with no coloured smilies or airkissing ones !!:sick: Definitely not a patch on Franck's Original and Fabulous creation !! It needs an injection of MAdness, so Sheena, Filthycute, Linda, et al - register and get posting!!!
:kiss:
Heather
XX

Gus
23rd-March-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Will
Old Gus has been a bit quiet of late. Nothing like an opportunity to slag off Ceroc UK to smoke him out though eh! :wink:

Well ... given Ceroc's past efforts I'm sure I'll find plenty more ammunition ... if I can be bothered to rise to the bait. Wonder if they will exhibit the same open minded-ness that Franck has exhibited ... or will 'non-believers' and blasphemers of Ceroc HQ recieve the usual punishment and get banned ... oh sorry, I'm banned already so thats not much of a threat really now is it.:wink:

Will
23rd-March-2003, 01:46 PM
Come on Gus, chill out man and get yourself down to Hammersmith in May and join the party. :nice:

Gus
24th-March-2003, 12:34 AM
Come on Gus, chill out man and get yourself down to Hammersmith in May and join the party. :nice:

And the incentive would be ?????? :wink:

Sorry .... I enjoyed Blackpool as a competition but I have no apologies for seeing the Ceroc event as a pale imitation at a wholly inadequate venue (IMHO).

If I want to go South to dance I'd prefer to go to a venue where there are dancers of the ilk of the Rock Bottoms crowd, the music welcoming, e.g. Jon Brett and a good venue .... i.e. Hipsters:grin:

Oh .... sorry there are some excellent Ceroc dance venues (e.g. Ceroc Metro) but I don't consider Hammersmith to be one of them.

Will
24th-March-2003, 12:49 AM
Got to agree with you about Hipsters, great venue!

Make sure you're not cutting your nose of to spite your face by boycotting the Ceroc champs. Like Blackpool, it is a fantastic event, and it really seems so bizarre that to support one event you think you have to do it at the expense of another :confused:

Gus
24th-March-2003, 01:13 AM
Got to agree with you about Hipsters, great venue!

Make sure you're not cutting your nose of to spite your face by boycotting the Ceroc champs. Like Blackpool, it is a fantastic event, and it really seems so bizarre that to support one event you think you have to do it at the expense of another :confused:

Been there, done it, got the T-shirt and thought it sucked!:sad: Most Ceroc teachers I know from the North thought the same, who do you think most of them stay away?

Will, each to their own. You may think its great, I don't ... personal opinions based on personal experiences and preferences. The only thing that even remotely tempts me to come would be to see the Scottish teams show what competition attitude is about. As for competing myself, absolutely no interest, had major questions over the judging last year ...don't see why I should want to put myself through that lark again.

PeterL
24th-March-2003, 10:48 AM
Just taken a look at the new forum.

Bit grey. even the smilies are grey and I am worried that the tramp will never get anything else done now he has 2 forums 2 dominate.
:wink:

Dreadful Scathe
24th-March-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Will, each to their own. You may think its great, I don't ...

me neither - wouldnt go back to Ceroc championships whilst its at Hammersmith - a very poor venue indeed for an event of that size. Franck took the comments on the overcrowded 10th anniversary event in Glasgow on the chin but he had an excuse for a one off event - the Ceroc Champs are an annual event that are just as crowded as that was (if not more so), so no decent freestyle for those that want to (surely everyone!) and no decent view for the majority of spectators for the events. Ill buy the video again this year instead :)

Will
24th-March-2003, 11:40 AM
I'd have to agree that Hammersmith is too small for the Championships, and events like Blackpool have helped to "raise the bar" and set higher standards for ceroc / modern jive competitions, but to be fair to Ceroc, they are partly victim to their own success as they have always been the most well attended of any ceroc competition. And as well as that, the atmosphere there is fantastic IMHO.

However as I understand it the good news is that they are on the lookout for an even bigger venue for next year. :nice:

Dreadful Scathe
24th-March-2003, 12:02 PM

However as I understand it the good news is that they are on the lookout for an even bigger venue for next year. :nice:

I imagine theyll find that their current numbers will increase by a third for all those people like me who stayed away because of the venue - hope they take that into account ;). Ill certainly consider going to a better venue as the event itself is great and like you say does have a good atmosphere.

PeterL
24th-March-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
I imagine theyll find that their current numbers will increase by a third for all those people like me who stayed away because of the venue - hope they take that into account ;). Ill certainly consider going to a better venue as the event itself is great and like you say does have a good atmosphere.

looks like there damned if they do and damned if they don't.
I'll try not to worrie about it.
:)

Franck
24th-March-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
the Ceroc Champs are an annual event that are just as crowded as that was (if not more so), so no decent freestyle for those that want to (surely everyone!) and no decent view for the majority of spectators for the events. Ill buy the video again this year instead :) Hi DS,

Sorry you won't be at the Champs this year, and I agree with some of the comments re. the venue not being ideal. Having spoken to David Bradley who manages the event, I know he has tried to find a larger venue to host the event, so far with little success, but he is working hard at it.

He has also told me they listened to the criticisms and have further limited the number of people attending, so that everyone gets a better chance to see the competition and have a good freestyle.

I must say however that in the last 2/3 years I have attended the Champs, I have always had a great time! The atmosphere is fantastic, and I have never missed any of the action as I always sit at the edge of the dance floor so I can cheer very loudly.

Franck.