PDA

View Full Version : Forum Help required...

ducasi
3rd-May-2006, 11:59 PM
Under Par asks...

I need some forum techie help.

The Problem.

When I log on my only ability is read only on the threads. The little side ways arrows which you click on taking you to the latest post on a thread are missing as are all the avatars and signatures.

I have no ability to reply to posts as the reply buttons are misssing as are the quote button.

I can read new PMs but anable to reply to received PMs.

The problem started a few days ago.

I posted a couple of photos on The Adult Funny Photos thread.

They went well. then I tried to post a 3rd. Immediately after posting I deleted the post.

As this occurred my problems above started.

I have obviously undone something that should be undone!!!

I have already been in communication with Sheena and as a result I have cleared my cashe and cookies and rebooted several times but I still have the same problem.

It is definitely my computer that is the problem as I have had someone else log on for me and the forum works perfectly.

My other uses of the internet have not had any problems.

Can anybody suggest anything that will help.

I use Firefox as browser.

Gadget
4th-May-2006, 01:06 AM
Could try clearing all references to this site, then going back into it again:
tools: cookies: managecookies: Delete all cookies (you may jyst want to select the relevant ones)
Edit:preference:clear history and clear location bar

close firefox

start it again

login.

may work, may not. Probably already tried.

ducasi
4th-May-2006, 01:17 AM
... Probably already tried.
Yup...

I have already been in communication with Sheena and as a result I have cleared my cashe and cookies and rebooted several times but I still have the same problem.
I have PMed a few suggestions. Hopefully we'll get UP back with us soon. :)

El Salsero Gringo
4th-May-2006, 01:58 AM
Yup...
I have PMed a few suggestions. Hopefully we'll get UP back with us soon. :)I wish I could think of something helpful to add...

philsmove
4th-May-2006, 08:06 AM
I posted a couple of photos on The Adult Funny Photos thread.

.[/indent]

have you deleted these from your computer

Gadget
4th-May-2006, 08:09 AM
Just thought what it might be: when you clear cookies, there is a tick box to always block from the site that created them - go to the cookie-manager and make sure that this site is not listed in the "blocked sites"

azande
4th-May-2006, 08:15 AM
Can you see the forum correctly if you use another browser?

If you are using Adblock with Firefox, try to disable it and check a few pages on the Forum. If the problem disappear, go to Tools -> Extensions -> Adblock and check in the options what is blocked on the cerocscotland domain.