PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Party!

Freya
2nd-May-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi

I went down to Edinburgh this weekend for the monthly party and went to Marco's for Freestyle last night. I had a great Time on Sat and had loadsa fabulous Dances. :clap: :clap:

Ta Crossa, McJester, Bill, Ducasi and pmjd...And anyone else that I danced with! :hug: :kiss: :hug:

CJ Great to see you last night! :hug:

I must say I had an excellent weekend chilling out in glasgow and edinburgh being kept entertained by various forumites :hug:

However.....Yes there is a but!......I was disapointed with the music being played on Saturday night. There were several excellent tracks played however the majority was music that i find uninteresting and uninspiring! I know that DJ's can not please everyone all the time however I felt that there was a lack of variety in the music played with alot of it being mainstream POP Several years old! I'm not saying that I dislike POP music I don't I enjoy dancing to most music and trying to get me off the dance floor is normally a major issue as I will Dance (If you can call it that!!!) to just about anything! What I am saying is that I DO NOT enjoy dancing to the same music throughout the whole Night.

*Rant over!*

I would like to say that this is MY opinion And have obviously been Spoiled Rotten by Previous sets That I have been subjected to! :flower: :flower:

Scot
2nd-May-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi

I went down to Edinburgh this weekend for the monthly party and went to Marco's for Freestyle last night. I had a great Time on Sat and had loadsa fabulous Dances. :clap: :clap:

Ta Crossa, McJester, Bill, Ducasi and pmjd...And anyone else that I danced with! :hug: :kiss: :hug:

CJ Great to see you last night! :hug:

I must say I had an excellent weekend chilling out in glasgow and edinburgh being kept entertained by various forumites :hug:

However.....Yes there is a but!......I was disapointed with the music being played on Saturday night. There were several excellent tracks played however the majority was music that i find uninteresting and uninspiring! I know that DJ's can not please everyone all the time however I felt that there was a lack of variety in the music played with alot of it being mainstream POP Several years old! I'm not saying that I dislike POP music I don't I enjoy dancing to most music and trying to get me off the dance floor is normally a major issue as I will Dance (If you can call it that!!!) to just about anything! What I am saying is that I DO NOT enjoy dancing to the same music throughout the whole Night.

*Rant over!*

I would like to say that this is MY opinion And have obviously been Spoiled Rotten by Previous sets That I have been subjected to! :flower: :flower:

Fair comment there was a bit more pop in it of the 70 tracks played 20 of them fell into the category you mentioned which is quite a bit higher than I normally include. In fairness this was in response to feedback that I do not play enough modern music but there you go. :what:

I will try to get the balance better next time. :blush:

killingtime
2nd-May-2006, 05:52 PM

Sorry I missed you! I couldn't make it to the party (the first Edinburgh party I've missed* since I've started dancing) I shall definitely be along to future ones :D.

* I didn't go to the first one after I started dancing either but then it happened two days after my first lesson. It would have been poor.

ducasi
2nd-May-2006, 06:07 PM
I guess I agree with Freya, though I think there could be other factors here...

On Saturday there, as I said on my blog, I didn't find much of the music very inspiring. There could be many things responsible for this beyond the actual music though – e.g. I was getting over a cold and an eye infection, so I wasn't in the mood to dance very much.

However, as you'll have seen there were plenty of folks up dancing, so I can only assume they liked it.

I think a big factor, though, is the familiarity with the music – I felt a lot of the music was unfamiliar to me. Presumably regular dancer in Edinburgh are more familiar with Scot's choice and so were more able to enjoy it.

Just a thought...

Freya
2nd-May-2006, 11:29 PM
Fair comment there was a bit more pop in it of the 70 tracks played 20 of them fell into the category you mentioned which is quite a bit higher than I normally include. In fairness this was in response to feedback that I do not play enough modern music but there you go.

I will try to get the balance better next time. Thanx for the fair response to my Comment and that it was taken in the way that it was intended! I Understand that you will get feed back from different sources and that they will all say something different! As I said I like a good Broad Mixture of music and get bored easily if the music conitually feels the same!
Sorry I missed you! I couldn't make it to the party (the first Edinburgh party I've missed* since I've started dancing) I shall definitely be along to future ones . Would have been Nice to meet you. Won't be down for the nest Edinburgh Party but will be hopefully down for the Glasgow party in June!!!! Missing the BFG :tears: :tears:

I guess I agree with Freya, though I think there could be other factors here...

However, as you'll have seen there were plenty of folks up dancing, so I can only assume they liked it.

I think a big factor, though, is the familiarity with the music – I felt a lot of the music was unfamiliar to me. Presumably regular dancer in Edinburgh are more familiar with Scot's choice and so were more able to enjoy it.

Just a thought...

Yeah As I said it was just my Opinion! I just felt let down by the music I guess!!! And since this a forum I'm allowed to Voice my opinion! Aren't I? If everybody liked the same thing the world would be a boring place and if we weren't allowed to express differeing Opinions we wouldn't be living in a Democracy!

Lindsay
3rd-May-2006, 12:00 PM
Thought the music on Saturday was ok... would like more latin & swing (but that's just me). Not keen on the rock'n'roll stuff but the floor was full all night, so some people like it! Very busy night in all. Hoping to do Superhero routine @ next month's - if we can get team together :)

azande
3rd-May-2006, 12:13 PM
Thought the music on Saturday was ok...
:yeah:

would like more latin
:yeah: and some more blues and maybe even a couple of tango tracks...

Aleks
3rd-May-2006, 12:16 PM
and some more blues and maybe even a couple of tango tracks...
:yeah:please!
Instead of (and I quote) "Same sh1t different order".

Freya
3rd-May-2006, 12:48 PM
Thought the music on Saturday was ok...

would like more latin

:yeah: and some more blues and maybe even a couple of tango tracks...
:clap: BLues Swing Latin tango Rock and Roll and Pop!!! Love it all and love a whole mish mash of it in my Nights! :clap:

:yeah:please!
Instead of (and I quote) "Same sh1t different order".I wouldn't know whether this is True but Variety is the Spice of Life Don't they say! :confused:

Dance Demon
3rd-May-2006, 04:30 PM
:yeah: and some more blues and maybe even a couple of tango tracks......you'll just have to come to Red Hot & Blue on Friday then:wink:

azande
4th-May-2006, 08:19 AM
You know I'll be there.

killingtime
4th-May-2006, 11:56 AM
You know I'll be there.

I wish I could be there :tears: :tears:.

The Passion Harem
8th-May-2006, 11:44 PM
RH&B was the best yet....thank you DD & Irene :respect:
The mix of music, venue and the dancers was perfect.

These next few weeks are just going to be the best for the best dance events, BFG is this weekend, Route66 on the 19th, Southport on the 3rd and RH&B on the 9th of June. :waycool:

Lindsay
9th-May-2006, 01:43 PM
was my 1st time, had a lovely night :grin:

McJester
28th-May-2006, 04:15 AM
Freya you would have been much happier with the music tonight, a lot more variety.

Scot ... it was a good night.. cheers

:hug:

McJ

killingtime
28th-May-2006, 11:31 AM
Scot ... it was a good night.. cheers

It was a good night. I wasn't on good form (for some reason) but I got a couple of dances with Lisa from Aberdeen :drool: :drool: and a crazy, but really fun, dance with Trampy :eek: along with a lot of really good dances from lots of over lovely people :D.

Yliander
28th-May-2006, 12:13 PM
my frist Endinburgh Party - and it was a lot of fun!!

and a crazy, but really fun, dance with Trampy :eek: along with a lot of really good dances from lots of over lovely people :D. and Although we didn't meet I know who you are now :nice:

Tinkerbell
28th-May-2006, 12:19 PM
a crazy, but really fun, dance with Trampy :eek:

Hope you have recovered from the summersault :really:

It was my first time in Edinburgh, had a good night & will def be back.

Hopefully catch you for a dance next time KT :flower:

Gill x

ducasi
28th-May-2006, 12:40 PM
Hmm... Sounds like I missed a really good night... :(

Oh well... I'll be in Stirling for a dance later. :)

killingtime
29th-May-2006, 10:51 AM
Hope you have recovered from the summersault :really:

Strangely I always assumed the first proper aerial I did would be with me leading it :eek:. It was really good fun and though I didn't manage to get my legs back together in time to land my landing was fine.

Hopefully catch you for a dance next time KT :flower:

Me too. Sorry I missed you :( :flower:.

and Although we didn't meet I know who you are now

We did get a dance the next day at least :D. Though when you introduced yourself I was having a dizzy moment and it wasn't until Louisa was talking about you later that I clicked :rolleyes:.

ymac
29th-May-2006, 12:15 PM
My first time at an Edinburgh party last sat night! No complaints from me! Music and atmosphere good. :cheers:
Found out we were sitting on the 'Glasgow' side of the room but, hey, who cares, we're from Inverness and don't have a 'side' anyways!:na:

PS. Enjoyed Tuesday class as well :nice: Everyone was really friendly and had some good dances in the freestyle. There was a guy (I'm being polite there) who was a right prick when we were learning the intermediate moves. No: 'hello, how are you?' when we met but a :'don't fight me, I'm the one who's leading!!' (Me, lead :blush: :rofl: )

Heather
29th-May-2006, 06:27 PM
Found out we were sitting on the 'Glasgow' side of the room but, hey, who cares, we're from Inverness and don't have a 'side' anyways!

:confused: So where exactly is the 'Glasgow' side of the room ?
I think over the last six years since first going to Marco's I have sat on every conceivable side of the room but was never aware that I was intruding on any Glaswegians !!!:rofl:

Glad you liked Marco's - one of my favourite venues - my very first ceroc experience was at Marco's ( talk about a baptism of fire !)
Reading this, makes me wish I'd come through on Saturday !:tears:

:hug:
Heather
xx

linny lou!
29th-May-2006, 07:06 PM
In between running into town to meet sum friends and back again i had soo much fun at the Edinburgh party on saturday! :clap: there was a good variety of music too :respect: thanks to crossa,trampy and jammy for the great dances :eek: :drool: and every1 else :D ...a fab night :clap: hope to catch anybody i didnt geta chance to dance with at the next one :flower:

jammy
30th-May-2006, 05:51 PM
yeh sat was a really good night probily one of the best nights i have had in marcos even tho i had really sore feet but that never stoped me dancin. the night was fab had loads of amazin dances from lisa, linny lou, trampy, voney, karen and loads more.
fab night scot:respect:

oh and i really liked the sweets on the table:na:

jammy

Lisa
31st-May-2006, 09:50 AM
Haven't been to either Edinburgh or Stirling in over a year. What a mistake! Sherwin, Vonney, Karen and I had such a great time. After thinking Thurs I could quit dancing-it gave me a much needed high- I was so hyper on Sat night! Music and dancers:drool:

This is going to sound luvey but I'm being dead sincere- Sheena's music is so inspiring and really got me going.

Thanks to everyone who danced with me. Esp Jammy and Killingtime (finally!) Was wicked and has me really looking forward to Southport.

Lisa x

Crossa
1st-June-2006, 02:17 AM
Great night! Thanks Scot a good mix of music!
Good to see so many people down from Aberdeen!:clap: :flower:
Thanks to everyone for the fab dances esp Lisa, Linny Lou, Von, Doune, Tattie and carolinemac.... great dance to "Rock Me":waycool: