PDA

View Full Version : Weekend of 6/7 May

TiggsTours
2nd-May-2006, 04:41 PM
Having a look at Lynda's list (:respect: ), I was just wondering what people who won't be at Camber are planning on doing this weekend?

Zebra Woman
2nd-May-2006, 04:51 PM
You weren't to know Tiggs.... two more options:

Friday :

BEDFORD Corn Exchange...
I do believe Marc Forster is sharing the decks with the resident DJ Roy. I will be there for sure. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyone else coming?

Saturday :

NOTTINGHAM. Marc is DJing with Nigel :clap: :clap: :clap:

Am I an MFG? (Marc Forster Groupie). Yes I am :grin:

My body is a slave to his rhythms and grooves.

ZW

David Franklin
2nd-May-2006, 04:59 PM
My body is a slave to his rhythms and grooves. Just so long as your groove isn't a slave to his rhythm and body...

Dance Demon
2nd-May-2006, 05:59 PM
I'll be playing the usual mix of luscious Latin, smooth Jazz, Cool blues, and a touch of Tasty tango at Red Hot & Blue on Friday 5th in Edinburgh.....:drool:

Zebra Woman
2nd-May-2006, 06:06 PM
Just so long as your groove isn't a slave to his rhythm and body...

Do you know what DF?

When I dance with Marc - I think it is! :innocent:

Oh dear... I have just read your post again and seen the 'other meaning'....

duh :blush:

Er No.

ZW

DavidY
2nd-May-2006, 06:13 PM
Like ZW, I'm planning to be dancing at Marcus Garvey in Nottingham on Saturday night - should be good (and it's my local venue). :clap:

David Franklin
2nd-May-2006, 06:35 PM
Oh dear... I have just read your post again and seen the 'other meaning'....

duh :blush:

Er No. Sorry. :blush: (I tried to find a way of wording it that left a little more to the imagination, but failed. And when it comes to choosing between good taste and a good pun, well... :blush:)

jacksondonut
2nd-May-2006, 06:39 PM

Friday :

BEDFORD Corn Exchange...
I do believe Marc Forster is sharing the decks with the resident DJ Roy. I will be there for sure. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anyone else coming?

Saturday :

ZW

Hiya Sweetie...

I am planning on going too... be nice to see ya again hun.. :flower: :flower:

Jan
:hug: :hug:

ducasi
2nd-May-2006, 08:10 PM
I'll be playing the usual mix of luscious Latin, smooth Jazz, Cool blues, and a touch of Tasty tango at Red Hot & Blue on Friday 5th in Edinburgh.....:drool:
Don't think I'll make it this month John, sorry. Where is it again though, in case something happens to change my mind? :)

There's also a Leroc party on Saturday in the Woodside Halls in Glasgow that I was thinking about...

Cruella
2nd-May-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm actually thinking of having a weekend off dancing. :eek: I wonder if i manage it.:rolleyes:
Going to see Little Britain Live on sat. It better be good!

Tiggerbabe
2nd-May-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm busking in Inverness :clap: :D

spindr
2nd-May-2006, 09:39 PM
There's a freestyle at Newbury on Friday.
And hopefully the Saturday freestyle is on at Twyford?

SpinDr.

Ballroom queen
2nd-May-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm going to Erin Boag's ballroom workshop.
Can't wait, she's an awesome teacher.
:respect:

Dance Demon
2nd-May-2006, 11:53 PM
Don't think I'll make it this month John, sorry. Where is it again though, in case something happens to change my mind? :)

It's in the Terrace Bar, Edinburgh university students union, Teviot Row House, which is on Bristo Square Ducasi. if you are coming through by train, once you come out of waverley station, it's up the Mound and over George IV Bridge.

jivecat
3rd-May-2006, 11:09 AM
Saturday :

ZW

So this event is really happening? I'll be there, rattling my chains.

Northants Girly
3rd-May-2006, 12:01 PM

Friday :

BEDFORD Corn Exchange...

Anyone else coming?Wow - so we might actually get some decent music at the Corn Exchange for once :whistle:

I'm still not completely convinced about going though . . . . . . last time I was there the acoustics were so bad that I went home with a thumping headache :sad:

robd
3rd-May-2006, 12:04 PM
last time I was there the acoustics were so bad that I went home with a thumping headache :sad:

That was probably my dreadful dancing that night.

It can't have been too noisy as Katherine slept through about 2/3 of the night :what:

Almost wishing I wasn't doing Camber now I know Marc's doing the double near here :(

Zebra Woman
3rd-May-2006, 12:14 PM
Almost wishing I wasn't doing Camber now I know Marc's doing the double near here :(

:yeah: I too am wishing you weren't going to Camber :sad:

Northants Girly
3rd-May-2006, 01:24 PM
:yeah: I too am wishing you weren't going to Camber :sad::yeah: and NG begins to sway even more towards Hipsters . . . . . :rolleyes:

Msfab
3rd-May-2006, 01:25 PM

You have to be at Camber, otherwise ill just have to cancel as well!:innocent:

Rebecca
3rd-May-2006, 02:36 PM
Dance bday party Friday night, but Nottingham saturday sounds promising - I'll be in touch Alison. If we get back from my first sky-dive in time count us in! :clap:

Zebra Woman
3rd-May-2006, 02:49 PM
Dance bday party Friday night, but Nottingham saturday sounds promising - I'll be in touch Alison. If we get back from my first sky-dive in time count us in! :clap:

Wow! :worthy:

Please don't break anything :eek:. Give me a call when you're back safely.

ZW

robd
3rd-May-2006, 03:23 PM
You have to be at Camber, otherwise ill just have to cancel as well!:innocent:

I saw a road-sign in Hammersmith when driving home on Sunday reading ' Adverse Camber' - I hope it wasn't a premonition :eek:

senorita
4th-May-2006, 11:16 AM
BEDFORD Corn Exchange...

Anyone else coming?

Saturday :

ZW

me going ! :nice:

slave to Marc rhythms & grooves...mmm sounds interesting :whistle: :nice:

Miss Conduct
4th-May-2006, 03:42 PM
ZW[/QUOTE]

BEDFORD Corn Exchange...

Anyone else coming?

Saturday :

ZW[/QUOTE]

I'll be there too (as you know) my only concern is - who are we going to dance with...? Come on chaps, I'm sure ZW will make it worth your while.(Tee hee :devil: )

Bad timing as it clashes with Camber. Hopefully it will be repeated on a weekend when nothing else is going on as I know a lot of people who would and do travel for Marc's music, including a good few from London, which would make a nice change from us travelling down there.

Hopefully the flood damage in my house will be sorted before the next Corn Exchange so I could even offer accomodation. :sad:

Rhythm King
4th-May-2006, 03:58 PM
. If we get back from my first sky-dive in time count us in! :clap:

The first one's easy :D . . .

It's the second one that's worse :eek:

R-K :wink:

jacksondonut
4th-May-2006, 04:05 PM
We will be going along to the Bedford Corn Exchange on Friday.. :clap: :clap: should be a good one.. if not very busy.. :eek: (usually is..) :eek:

BUT.. If anyone fancies coming over for the event, and wants to stop here in MK overnight, please let me know. (know its a long way from down south..)

Jan
:cheers:

PS GOOD LUCK REBECCA.. XXXXXXX

Zebra Woman
4th-May-2006, 04:15 PM
Are there any men coming to the Corn Exchange?

I have done my best but have very little to show for my efforts. Have sent 3 emails and 8 txts and secured only one man so far.:sad: :sick:

Come on girls, help me!

robd
4th-May-2006, 04:18 PM
Have sent 3 emails and 8 txts and secured only one man so far.:sad: :sick:

Have you tried New To London yet? Give him a call, it's good to talk.

Zebra Woman
4th-May-2006, 04:23 PM
Have you tried New To London yet? Give him a call, it's good to talk.

What a good idea GobD. :what:

I will PM him, he could be 'NTB' for the night!

(gotta be an improvement on NTW :blush: )

Aw, I've just remembered, he's going to be at Camber with you isn't he? :sad: Damn.

ZW

Cruella
4th-May-2006, 04:24 PM

I have done my best but have very little to show for my efforts. Have sent 3 emails and 8 txts and secured only one man so far.:sad: :sick:

Come on girls, help me!
You're losing your touch Alison, offer them steak! :D

Miss Conduct
4th-May-2006, 04:32 PM

Come on girls, help me!

Wasn't my last offer enough...? :devil: :hug:

robd
4th-May-2006, 04:34 PM
Gorgeous Gary might be at Bedford. jacksonD can point him out.

jacksondonut
4th-May-2006, 10:18 PM
Gorgeous Gary might be at Bedford. jacksonD can point him out.

Trust you to remember what I said Rob!!! Yeah, I think he is a lovely dancer and rather nice to look at too....:whistle: :whistle: (fortunately not on this Forum.. I hope :rofl: :rofl: :blush: )

He is nothing compared to you though...:worthy: :worthy: :whistle: :wink:

Will miss you tomorrow... have fun at Camber..:yeah: :D

*planning to have fun anyway.. one week and 3 days to op...*

Mary
4th-May-2006, 11:56 PM
Twyford for us. No question.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

M

Cruella
5th-May-2006, 08:23 AM
Hipsters or Bedford, Hipsters or Bedford, Hipsters or Bedford? Help me. My resolve to staying in all weekend is fading already.:sick:

Almost an Angel
5th-May-2006, 08:49 AM
Twyford for us. No question.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

M

:clap: :clap:
Hopefully see you there
Will be there later on though as I've got to get back from London!!!

Angel xx

senorita
5th-May-2006, 08:50 AM
You're losing your touch Alison, offer them steak! :D

ROLL UP ROLL UP
rump steak, sirlion steak....any kind of meat you want,...even cattle!
Fish too if your lucky..
accomodation provide for FOC..
what more can a man ask for!!!?

senorita
5th-May-2006, 08:52 AM
Hipsters or Bedford, Hipsters or Bedford, Hipsters or Bedford? Help me. My resolve to staying in all weekend is fading already.:sick:

Thats easy...
stroll into the pub before hand with us for a knees up, and then down to Bedford :nice: :flower:

Miss Conduct
5th-May-2006, 03:15 PM
ROLL UP ROLL UP
Fish too if your lucky..

Sorry Sweetie but what's FOC? (Yet another blonde moment. :blush: it's been a long week!)

TA Guy
5th-May-2006, 03:55 PM
Sorry Sweetie but what's FOC? (Yet another blonde moment. :blush: it's been a long week!)

I'm dying to know too. I hope it's just not;
'provide FOC'
=
'provided Free Of Charge'.

That would be soooooo boring.....(but very generous :))

Miss Conduct
5th-May-2006, 04:10 PM
'provide FOC'
=

Suspence is killing me now.... I'll P.M. her & keep you posted.

Trousers
5th-May-2006, 04:16 PM
ROLL UP ROLL UP
Fish too if your lucky..

BEER never never forget the beer

You know, it's like prozac but is administered in pints!

Miss Conduct
5th-May-2006, 04:23 PM
'provide FOC'
=

Couldn't wait for Susana to reply to P.M. so I've just texted her and you guessed right. Boring but generous.

Now I'm just wondering who's accomodation she's being generous with... :what:

Trousers
6th-May-2006, 02:12 AM
Phoooey!

. . . . . Miss Conduct!

. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .Bloody Hell you were good!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . .The Earth moved for me tonight!!!

xx

:devil: :flower:

Seriously cracking evening - I've not been dancing for what seems like ages and I had a great night with some lovely dancers. Right if I can just remember some more moves before tomorrow. . . . . . . .

:eek:

Baruch
6th-May-2006, 02:48 AM
Will be at the Clifton LeRoc freestyle in Bristol on Saturday. Which is Un-London.

Cruella
6th-May-2006, 11:52 AM
Well in the end, my resolve to not dance this weekend, broke:rolleyes: and I went to Hipsters. Loads of space for a change and some really nice dancers. Jons set was one of the best i've heard him play. So good i had to go and tell him at the end of the night. It made my night, to find tucked away in the corner, Paul Warden and a group of WCS dancers.:clap: Jon played a fair few west coastable tracks which was heaven. So glad i went, but i'm definately not doing Twyford tonight or Ashtons tomorrow.:innocent:

Miss Conduct
6th-May-2006, 03:04 PM
Phoooey!

. . . . . Miss Conduct!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . .The Earth moved for me tonight!!!

xx

:devil: :flower:

Seriously cracking evening - I've not been dancing for what seems like ages and I had a great night with some lovely dancers. Right if I can just remember some more moves before tomorrow. . . . . . . .

:eek:

Thank you, I had a really good night too. So glad I didn't have to leave you unfulfilled.... :blush:

Made a nice change to have space to dance and the music was well varied, hopefully catering for everyone, WELL DONE MARC & ROB :respect: :respect: Even Marc's little misshap with the equipment was well timed as it gave us time for a quick chat and a breather before we went again. :wink:

Not sure but there may be a change of plan for tonight, I'll keep you posted when the 'Boss' decides. :flower:

DianaS
6th-May-2006, 03:25 PM
Well in the end, my resolve to not dance this weekend, broke:rolleyes: and I went to Hipsters. Loads of space for a change and some really nice dancers. Jons set was one of the best i've heard him play. So good i had to go and tell him at the end of the night. It made my night, to find tucked away in the corner, Paul Warden and a group of WCS dancers.:clap: Jon played a fair few west coastable tracks which was heaven. So glad i went, but i'm definately not doing Twyford tonight or Ashtons tomorrow.:innocent:
I don't believe you - Sounds like a truth or dare

Magic Hans
6th-May-2006, 06:25 PM
Hmmmm ... Guess I missed Friday ... I'll see one or two of you in Nottingham tonight though!!

Tiggerbabe
6th-May-2006, 08:54 PM
Wel, it was the sunniest, hotest day EVER in Inverness. And, apart from having to compete with not only a ceilidh band but a boogie woogie man, we had a fabulous busk.
Thanks to all who made it :hug: :D

Dance Demon
7th-May-2006, 12:32 AM
Wel, it was the sunniest, hotest day EVER in Inverness. And, apart from having to compete with not only a ceilidh band but a boogie woogie man, we had a fabulous busk.
Thanks to all who made it :hug: :D

I've seen this guy busking in glasgow a few years ago. i'm sure he calls himself the "Big Box Boogie Band"...if it's the same guy,he's brilliant:clap:

Tiggerbabe
7th-May-2006, 12:39 AM
Not sure John, I'm told he's there almost every day, in the same spot. Some of the music was fab. Next time I'll leave all the equipment at home and we'll just dance to whatever he's playing :clap: :D

Mary
7th-May-2006, 11:20 AM
Twyford last night..........................heaven!:drool: Lots of gorgeous dancers and space to dance.

And the chance to see new mum Bex, who looked radiant.:hug:

M

DavidY
7th-May-2006, 11:45 AM
Saturday :

NOTTINGHAM. Marc is DJing with Nigel :clap: :clap: :clap: I really enjoyed Nottingham last night.:clap:
Twyford ..........................Lots of gorgeous dancers and space to dance.:yeah: same in Nottingham. :wink:
Plus it went on till 1 am.There was an imbalance of men/women though - not enough men (so I was told). No sign of ZW or Rebecca either.:tears:

jacksondonut
7th-May-2006, 12:17 PM
Phoooey!

. . . . . Miss Conduct!

Aaaahhhh.... now I know what all that shaking was on the other side of the room!!:rofl: Miss Conduct.... I hope you were behaving yourself! :rofl:

thanks to Marc and Rob for the fabulous toones... Rachel, lovely to see you again and great to catch up with friends old and new...Rachel you looked gorgeous as usual.

Bliss to have a bit of room to dance for a change... its normally like a cattle market in the Corn Exchange.!! NO bruises this time..

Looking forward to having more of Marc/Rob sets in the future... you are fab guys.. xxxxxx

Cheers.
Jan

:cheers:

foxylady
7th-May-2006, 10:17 PM
Twyford last night..........................heaven!:drool: Lots of gorgeous dancers and space to dance.

And the chance to see new mum Bex, who looked radiant.:hug:

M

Absolutely :yeah: .... I had some really luscious dances :drool:

and Bex, only 3 weeks after the big event, has got her figure back !!! (she may not think so, but IMHO she looks fabulous !!! - for those uninitiated, its actually a fairly stupendous achievement)

Trousers
7th-May-2006, 10:53 PM
I really enjoyed Nottingham last night. . . . . .
. . . . . .There was an imbalance of men/women though - not enough men (so I was told). . . . . .
I dunno David, when I needed a man to dance with I had nooooooo problems finding one! :eek:

Oh yes that's 'cos i never did gosh darn!

Still the room got bumpy mid section.

'twas really nice to see that when Marc wasn't happy with the sound quality he went and got an extra speaker bin.
How many dj's would do that then?
Credit Marc!

Thats like a checkout girl making eye contact when she says 'Have a nice day!' - it means somat!

WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 07:53 AM
but i'm definately not doing Twyford tonight or Ashtons tomorrow.:innocent:

So........... how was Ashtons then Cruella? :innocent:

Missy D
8th-May-2006, 08:04 AM

:yeah: :whistle:

Rebecca
8th-May-2006, 08:42 AM
No sign of ZW or Rebecca either.:tears:

Sorry David - nice to be missed, thank you :flower: . Dropped from 12,000 feet at 120 mph on Saturday instead of dancing :clap: Wow!

senorita
8th-May-2006, 10:00 AM
posted when the 'Boss' decides. :flower:

:grin: :rofl:

senorita
8th-May-2006, 10:02 AM
Sorry David - nice to be missed, thank you :flower: . Dropped from 12,000 feet at 120 mph on Saturday instead of dancing :clap: Wow!

wow!!! :respect: Got any pics plzz??? :nice:

Rebecca
8th-May-2006, 11:38 AM
wow!!! :respect: Got any pics plzz??? :nice:

I would really recommend this - what a buzz! CF and I are hopefully going to do the course to go solo :clap:

(Sorry for hijacking guys)

Donna
8th-May-2006, 11:50 AM
I would really recommend this - what a buzz! CF and I are hopefully going to do the course to go solo :clap:

(Sorry for hijacking guys)

Wow Rebecca! You've got some guts!! Mind you, I wouldn't mind giving this a try myself... so long as the parachute bloody works!!! :rofl: I've done paragliding over the sea at Cyprus, but then if something was to go wrong, at least I'd land in the water!!! :rofl:

TheTramp
8th-May-2006, 02:04 PM
but then if something was to go wrong, at least I'd land in the water!!! :rofl:
Not much of a help from a great height....

"Tis a simple fact about water: it's an incompressible fluid. Even plain earth will compress when hit by a falling body, and if you add grass, etc, it's even 'bouncier'. Basically, falling on water at high speed is like falling on concrete, except concrete won't swallow you after breaking your bones and rendering you unconscious."

Donna
8th-May-2006, 02:28 PM
Not much of a help from a great height....

"Tis a simple fact about water: it's an incompressible fluid. Even plain earth will compress when hit by a falling body, and if you add grass, etc, it's even 'bouncier'. Basically, falling on water at high speed is like falling on concrete, except concrete won't swallow you after breaking your bones and rendering you unconscious."

Ouch.... I will remember what you said next time I try it!! Except this time... i certainly won't be doing any flips in the harness!!! :eek:

Rebecca
8th-May-2006, 03:42 PM
if you add grass, etc, it's even 'bouncier'.

I can vouch for that! There was very low wind so we had to do a seated landing. Glad I've got a bit more padding on my bum these days :D

Cruella
8th-May-2006, 05:39 PM
:blush: Urm, Ok i went to Camber on sunday danced till 8am and then drove home. Took 5 bloody hours to get back!! Although ZW and i did have alot of fun on the journey home.:D

OK, i know, i've no will power!:sick:

Rebecca
8th-May-2006, 05:41 PM
:blush: Urm, Ok i went to Camber on sunday danced till 8am and then drove home. Took 5 bloody hours to get back!! Although ZW and i did have alot of fun on the journey home.:D

OK, i know, i've no will power!:sick:

Blimey! When you lapse hon you really go for it! :respect:

Cruella
8th-May-2006, 05:46 PM
Blimey! When you lapse hon you really go for it! :respect:
:D I don't do things by halves, you should know that Rebecca!