PDA

View Full Version : Good things come in threes - Scotland Rugby

Stubob
21st-March-2003, 05:03 PM
Last night a scottish football team defeated an english football team and a team of scottish women bowlers beat a team of english women bowlers.

If good things come in threes then, a team of scottish rugby players will beat a team of english rugby players tomorrow.

I hope I am feeling like this :grin: tommorrow around 6.00pm and not :tears: . However I suspect the latter is more realistic.

Good luck to Wales and Italy too !

Stubob

Chicklet
21st-March-2003, 05:06 PM
For what it's worth I'll be there cheering them on
!!!

Stubob
21st-March-2003, 05:25 PM
Enjoy the match and remember NOT to start singing when the choral legions let go with 'Swing Low'.

At the risk of being flamed, this song is even more dreary then their national anthem.....:devil:

Stuart

TheTramp
21st-March-2003, 05:26 PM
I don't know. Eric Clapton did a version of 'Swing Low Sweet Chariot' that I thought was pretty good.

I don't think that there's any redemption for the English National Anthem though!! :D

Steve

SwingSwingSwing
21st-March-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I don't know. Eric Clapton did a version of 'Swing Low Sweet Chariot' that I thought was pretty good.

I don't think that there's any redemption for the English National Anthem though!! :D

Steve

I've got a couple of swing versions of Swing Low Sweet Chariot that I reckon are danceable. Haven't spun them at an event though.

SwingSwingSwing

Stubob
21st-March-2003, 05:33 PM
I only wish the English Rugby team were as dreary as the anthem. IMHO they will be best team in the world once they realise that they can play without Jonny Wilkinson at 10.

Stuart

DavidB
22nd-March-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Stubob
If good things come in threes then, a team of scottish rugby players will beat a team of english rugby players tomorrow. It was close - for a while...

Will
23rd-March-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by DavidB
It was close - for a while...
:grin:

Chicklet
24th-March-2003, 09:19 AM
naaah, we got gubbed.

first half of each half was a fair game and both sides were actually running but the boys in blue did the usual thing and couldn't be bothered to turn and face when their little leggies got tired and so the big bruisers just burst through the holes.

But it was a glorious sunny day (I have 4 new really cute freckles) , the G & T in Richmond was delightful and flowing and I missed my plane back and had to go home with the guy who's hospitality I had been enjoying and with whom I had been indulging in a scandalous day's flirting and have a nice threesome in the kitchen with his lovely wife.

result.

ps that's threesome in the tea and toast sense btw.

Dreadful Scathe
24th-March-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Chicklet

ps that's threesome in the tea and toast sense btw.

tea and toast?!?!? my god thast scandalous!!!
was it buttered ?

Chicklet
24th-March-2003, 12:09 PM
drippin in denmark's finest - and the toast was a bit damp too.:devil: