PDA

View Full Version : Stop Press - Ceroc Results

Divissima
1st-May-2006, 12:27 AM
OK, it's late so I hope I'm making sense... and I hope a nice moderator will sort out all the champs threads at a suitable moment. Here goes, apologies for errors and omissions - they are entirely my own (for some couples, I only got the numbers).

Open:
1st Phil 'The Foot' Webb and Yuko Kamiya
2nd Simon Rich and Nicole Beckey
3rd Anita and Partner

Advanced:
1st Stevie Wong and Donna
2nd Steve McCormack and Jo
3rd Matt Kavanagh and Becky

Intermediate:
1st Couple 145
2nd Couple 198
3rd John Simmons and Partner

Showcase:
1st Emma Pettit and Alex Faulkner
2nd Phil Webb and Yuko Kamiya
3rd Paul Warden and Cat Wiles

Lucky Dip:
1st Matthew Hudson and Sarah
2nd Mr Fitz and Yuko Kamiya
3rd Mike Smith and Jo (Steve's partner)

Team Cabaret:
1st Time Goes By (choreographed by Emma Pettit)
2nd Grease (also choreographed by Emma Pettit)

Double Trouble:
1st Matt Kavanagh, Becky and Jenni Harrison

Old Git:
1st Couple 210
2nd Couple 206
3rd Couple 204

Ceroc X:
1st Couple 155 - Tez and Partner
2nd Couple 147
3rd Couple 150

It was a day of truly awesome dancing :worthy:
Very tired now.

Tiggerbabe
1st-May-2006, 01:43 AM
Wow! Thanks for that Divi.

Well done one and all :respect:
Aberdeen's own Mr Fitz & Yuko, 2nd in the lucky dip :clap: :hug:

Tazmanian Devil
1st-May-2006, 02:26 AM
2nd Couple 198
That will be James and Naomi :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thankyou for posting the results for us :worthy: :worthy:

thewacko
1st-May-2006, 03:03 AM
That will be James and Naomi :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thankyou for posting the results for us :worthy: :worthy:
:waycool: now dont be shy Taz

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Taz and DirtyD got through to the Advanced Freestyle Finals:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:
and what some of you may not know DirtyD has only been dancing for just over a year

so although they didn't Win It was a bloody amazing acheivment
Well done to the both of you

And James and Naomi came 2nd in the Intermediate, but as for the couple who came 1st - the bloke was also in the advanced competition so surely that makes him an advanced dancer even if his partner in the intermediates was not so in my eyes surely that makes James and Naomi 1st in Intermediate.

IMHO James and Naomi were robbed

Craig and Bubbaloo got through to the finals of Ceroc X which at least deserves some of you sponsoring her for the Race of Life (see her thread in Chit Chat)

Well done to everyone who took part you all made it a brilliant day
:respect: :respect: :respect: :clap::clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Tazmanian Devil
1st-May-2006, 03:40 AM
and what some of you may not know DirtyD has only been dancing for just over a year
This is true just over a year and a half :worthy: :worthy: Well done babe you were amazing :hug: :hug:

so although they didn't Win It was a bloody amazing acheivment
Well done to the both of you
Thanks babe :hug: :kiss:

Craig and Bubbaloo got through to the finals of Ceroc X which at least deserves some of you sponsoring her for the Race of Life (see her thread in Chit Chat)
:yeah: Cragie babie and Bubalou were :worthy: :worthy: well done guys :kiss: :hug:

Well done to everyone who took part you all made it a brilliant day
:respect: :respect: :respect: :clap::clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:yeah: Especially Tessaliscious and spice n easy :clap: :worthy: You guys were fabulous and a real pleasure to watch!! :worthy: :worthy:

ads
1st-May-2006, 03:50 AM
So does your showcase division allow different dance styles because I see that Paul and Cat came third. Did they do their Secret routine?

DavidY
1st-May-2006, 08:32 AM
So does your showcase division allow different dance styles?Indeed it does..
In this section competitors choose their own piece of music and perform their own choreography.

This category is intended as a platform to showcase any genre of dance eg: Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz, Hip Hop, Tap, Flamenco, Ballroom, Latin, Lindy Hop, Tango, Salsa, African, Indian, West Coast Swing, East Coast Swing, Rock'n'Roll etc.

Anita
1st-May-2006, 08:35 AM
3rd Anita and Partner

The partner...... David Mcloughlin

Well done to Donna & Steve for winning the Advanced. I know how much you both worked for it. You deserve that holiday :nice:

ducasi
1st-May-2006, 09:00 AM
:yeah:

Well done to everyone who took part! :respect:

Big CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and runners-up. :worthy:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Alice
1st-May-2006, 09:45 AM
So does your showcase division allow different dance styles because I see that Paul and Cat came third. Did they do their Secret routine?
They did indeed:):drool:

Baruch
1st-May-2006, 11:34 AM
Shouldn't this be in "Lets' talk about dance"?

jammy
1st-May-2006, 12:14 PM
well done mr fitz!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :worthy: :worthy:

Divissima
1st-May-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm looking forward to the photos - I saw Danielle taking a whole load during the day!

I also pre-ordered the DVD which I was told would be ready in a few weeks :clap:

El Salsero Gringo
1st-May-2006, 12:28 PM
Ceroc X:
1st Couple 155 - Tez and Partner
That was Tezi and Robin - well done you guys.

Cruella
1st-May-2006, 12:36 PM
I also pre-ordered the DVD which I was told would be ready in a few weeks :clap:
I think the DVD will sell out after Emma P's boob falling out during the showcase. :blush:
Well done to all of you that competed. It was a very tiring day for those of us that didn't compete, so you lot must be knackered! :rolleyes: You'll all get another chance in November as Ceroc are running the first Midlands Champs! :clap:

thewacko
1st-May-2006, 12:46 PM
some pics posted on whos who in Lets Chat

Robin
1st-May-2006, 12:54 PM
That was Tezi and Robin - well done you guys.

Thanks to everyone who supported us - that was *really* hard - we reckon it was harder than being in the UrbanMetro team - just try and dance Bei Mir Bis Du Schoen using beginner moves!

Must say a big :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: to Erick - thought the music for all the heats was really fab!

jezzyjj
1st-May-2006, 07:37 PM
...we reckon it was harder than being in the UrbanMetro team - just try and dance Bei Mir Bis Du Schoen using beginner moves!
That's plain mean!:what:

melb
1st-May-2006, 07:45 PM

:yeah:

Melb XX

Barry Shnikov
1st-May-2006, 08:23 PM
I think the DVD will sell out after Emma P's boob falling out during the showcase. :blush:

I had a sneaking suspicion I was watching from the wrong place...

Peter
1st-May-2006, 10:42 PM
... we reckon it was harder than being in the UrbanMetro team ...

Blimey! It must have been hard!

Robin
2nd-May-2006, 03:01 AM
That's plain mean!:what:

Blimey! It must have been hard!

You really should try it ... Tezi and I didn't dance anything other than beginners moves since Friday!
Horrible :eek:

Don't know how other people maanged to enter Ceroc X and other categories at the same time ... Tezi heard some guys calling it an endurance test !!!

(However, we still managed to dj a final set between the finals and the results ... seeing as Erick was so knackered from the day we did an extra set to help him out. especially as the house mixer slightly "misfunctioned" (thanks Dan :whistle: :rofl: ) so headphone cueing became a thing of the past !)

Dan Hudson
2nd-May-2006, 07:42 AM
especially as the house mixer slightly "misfunctioned" (thanks Dan :whistle: :rofl: ) so headphone cueing became a thing of the past !)

I think you will find the previous dj broke the damn headphone socket:angry: i had to dj for a whole hour without the headphones!!:mad:

Robin
2nd-May-2006, 11:04 AM
especially as the house mixer slightly "misfunctioned" (thanks Dan :whistle: :rofl: ) so headphone cueing became a thing of the past !)

I think you will find the previous dj broke the damn headphone socket:angry: i had to dj for a whole hour without the headphones!!:mad:

Oops:blush: - thought Erick said 'twas you - "I can see clearly now" .... must remember to fill out response form x/45/87/cer/oc/... can't rememebr the rest of it ... :innocent:

jezzyjj
2nd-May-2006, 12:06 PM
That's plain mean!:what: You really should try it ... Tezi and I didn't dance anything other than beginners moves since Friday!
Horrible :eek: Don't know how other people maanged to enter Ceroc X and other categories at the same time ... Tezi heard some guys calling it an endurance test !!!

What I meant by being mean was in playing a track you wouldn't by choice Jive to as if you have any musicality you would want to triple step as it swings so beautifully.
Tried to jiving to it and it's like deliberately dancing out of time, ugh, horrible indeed. :eek: Imagine if it was a fast tempo as well and not just the noodly bit at the end. Mind you they could have played Zoot Suit Riot!

Kudos to you for not accidentally doing a non-basic move, especially to that tune. That takes some serious concentration. :respect: Though were you given a list of which they were and how one should do them? As where do you draw the line as to when a beginners move is not a beginners move anymore. Is a spin a beginners move but a triple spin not, it's still a spin and what people teach in beginner's class?

Robin
2nd-May-2006, 01:13 PM
Kudos to you for not accidentally doing a non-basic move, especially to that tune. That takes some serious concentration. :respect: Though were you given a list of which they were and how one should do them? As where do you draw the line as to when a beginners move is not a beginners move anymore. Is a spin a beginners move but a triple spin not, it's still a spin and what people teach in beginner's class?

Thanks ... the rules are specific - see the cerocchamps.com website ... double spins permited , a couple of variations - ie armjive swizzle and thats it. Everything else has to be beginners moves - soooooooo hard - especially as that track happens to be one of my faves to dance to!

cheeks
4th-May-2006, 10:35 AM
:yeah: :yeah:

:awe: