PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen busk on Saturday

Gadget
28th-April-2006, 08:20 AM
Although the Aberdeen Student's Torcher Parade starts at 7:30pm, there may be an influx of fancy dressed people and a few more folk than normal.

Anyone traveling up - it may be worth hanging arround fter the busk for this -can be entertaining :D

(As a thought: It may be worth looking into actually getting a float for next year - maximum exposure. torcher (http://www.ausa.org.uk/student-development/charities/torcher))

Piglet
28th-April-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm going to miss it! :tears:
Tears are for the busk and the torcher!

But on the positive side - I'm going to take my bags of coins to Asda instead and have fun with their machine (well I hope it will be fun!)

Good luck anyone busking!

Also heard on the local radio station this morning (sh! I don't really listen to it) that the torcher started in 1889 with horses and carts! Fascinating or what? Wonder if there are any early photographs anywhere?

Gadget
28th-April-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh, the Granite City raleigh {:wink:} also starts on Saturday from the Castlegate - I think that it's quite early in the morning though.

Caro
28th-April-2006, 07:14 PM
:confused: Guys, what are you talking about? haven't got a clue what busk mean!

care to help? :flower:

Tiggerbabe
28th-April-2006, 07:14 PM
Never mind all that, Gadget :D is it going to be sunny? Or at least, not raining?

Tiggerbabe
28th-April-2006, 07:17 PM
haven't got a clue what busk mean!

We are busking in Aberdeen tomorrow - meeting at Marks & Spencer at 12.30.
Dancing in the streets and handing out leaflets about the Ceroc classes in Aberdeen to see if we can get some more people interested in coming along.

There are busks in all cities over the summer, last Saturday we busked in Dundee and next Saturday there's more of the same in Inverness.

Gadget
28th-April-2006, 07:20 PM
Never mind all that, Gadget :D is it going to be sunny? Or at least, not raining?
Forecast is sunny and dry with overcast spells.

{Whether that means you get an enormous toad instead of a normal sized one you'll have to ask Snape :wink:}

Tiggerbabe
28th-April-2006, 07:22 PM
Forecast is sunny and dry with overcast spells.

{Whether that means you get an enormous toad instead of a normal sized one you'll have to ask Snape :wink:}
Sunny and dry (and Snape) - perfect!

Caro
28th-April-2006, 07:47 PM
We are busking in Aberdeen tomorrow - meeting at Marks & Spencer at 12.30.
Dancing in the streets and handing out leaflets about the Ceroc classes in Aberdeen to see if we can get some more people interested in coming along.

There are busks in all cities over the summer, last Saturday we busked in Dundee and next Saturday there's more of the same in Inverness.

thanks Sheena! might come along then!

ShinyWeeStar
28th-April-2006, 09:06 PM
Although the Aberdeen Student's Torcher Parade starts at 7:30pm, there may be an influx of fancy dressed people and a few more folk than normal.

Anyone traveling up - it may be worth hanging arround fter the busk for this -can be entertaining :D
I wish. Was very tempted to come up for the day to try out this dance busking and see Torcher, but I can't. :(

I've done Torcher for the last 4 years running, taking part in and organising a society float... it's SO much fun! :clap: If you do get the chance to go on a float I would definitely recommend it! Oh, and it's perfectly possible to dance on it all the way round (we did a Sister Act routine one year), you just have to be careful going round corners and over bumpy bits! :wink:

Lian
28th-April-2006, 11:03 PM
Yay! I'm going busking. I am SO excited! Gadget, are you going to be there?
I'm also doing Torcher.
It's going to be a loooong stressful day for me...

Freya
28th-April-2006, 11:05 PM
(As a thought: It may be worth looking into actually getting a float for next year - maximum exposure. torcher (http://www.ausa.org.uk/student-development/charities/torcher))
Woo Hoo :clap: :clap: :clap: Sounds like a great plan!!!!

Popping along at 2.30 after work to take some lovely pictures of you all!!!!! Before running away to catch a bus!!!!:grin:

Tiggerbabe
29th-April-2006, 08:40 AM
It'a a glorious morning here in sunny Monifieth, fingers crossed it's the same in Aberdeen. Gonna be a fabulous busk :clap:

Caro
29th-April-2006, 06:10 PM
It'a a glorious morning here in sunny Monifieth, fingers crossed it's the same in Aberdeen. Gonna be a fabulous busk :clap:

Just back from the busk, it was great! :D Sunny :waycool: (yes it's possible!!!) but a bit cold with the wind...
Great dancing as usual - apart from the floor!

The i-pod ran out of batterie after an hour but Franck :respect: showed some impressive DIY skills, cut a cable he had left, attached it to the i-pod charger (oh the sparks! :eek:) and kept us going !!!

Hopefully we'll get plenty of new handsome men :drool: to dance with in the coming weeks!

Lian
29th-April-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah, it was awesome awesome.

I met Franck for the first time, and found out what a completely brilliant dancer he is (not to mention handsome devil).

Yeah, hopefully we'll have loads more people. We had some impressed looking crowds, I think.

Dave T
29th-April-2006, 08:38 PM
Just to echo what has already been said, a fun afternoon was had by all (including the at times large-ish crowd).

Franck's skill in hot wiring the ipod was interesting :eek:

Funniest moment had to be the wino staggering into the middle of the group arms wide spread, asking for a dance. He accepted my answer of "it's not a gentlemans excuse me" as I turned my patner out of his reach, and he wandered over to the others and onwards.

Thanks to all who attended for making it a great afternoon :hug:

Dave

Freya
2nd-May-2006, 04:59 PM
Ta for the fantastic Dances in St Nic Square!!!

Tipped up straight after work thinking:

"Why can't I hear any Music?"......."Where the Beeep Are these guys?"

Fortunately I found them and discoverd that it was only a case of dead batts and the music was soon blairing again!!!!

I have some photo's of people dancing and If anyone wants a copy of them PM me your e-mail addy's and I'll get them sent to ya!

Sorry I didn't get to come to the pub with you all heard a great time was had!!! Instead I had the joy of a 3hr bus journey while itching to dance!!!

Freya
5th-June-2006, 11:42 AM
Just wondering when the Next Aberdeen Busk is gonna Be?

Anyone know?