PDA

View Full Version : Dance Fever in Perth

phaedrus
25th-April-2006, 11:53 AM
I went to the Dance Fever weekend with five other people, and all of us had the time of our lives! I'd like to say a big thank you to Lindsay and her team for organising everything so well. Excellent!:respect:

ducasi
25th-April-2006, 12:37 PM
Didn't realise there were any other folks from the West of Scotland there...

I agree though, it was an excellent weekend... Still recovering!

I'm working on my write-up for my blog at the moment, and I'll post here when it done. :)

Dave Hancock
25th-April-2006, 01:09 PM
I only made it to the Saturday night, but it was the most I've enjoyed a dance evening for a long time, had an excellent time and it was lovely to see quite a few faces I didn't recognise and also see a variety of different styles.

Well done Lindsay and I'll definately be trying to get to more of the next one.:respect:

SteveB
25th-April-2006, 03:23 PM
It was brilliant!!! Thanks to everyone! :love:

Dorothy
25th-April-2006, 03:55 PM
I couldn't get my life together to come for the whole weekend, but thoroughly enjoyed the Saturday night, in particular watching the competition and (excellent) cabaret. The standard of dancing was high in general, lots of people doing fancy stuff,not sure what styles but definitely saw some cha cha cha and tango dancers there.

Dreadful Scathe
25th-April-2006, 05:06 PM
Yes it was brilliant. Burge as Lex Luthor was no match for all 8 supermen though ;)

I've got to thank MelB for helping me with the west coast swing :) Thanks Mel.

SteveB
25th-April-2006, 05:42 PM
Yes it was brilliant. Burge as Lex Luthor was no match for all 8 supermen though ;)
Crackin' nick name! I like it! :respect: :cheers:

Dance Demon
26th-April-2006, 08:32 AM
Had a great tme on Saturday night. Was nice to catch up with a few folks I hadn't seen for a while. Was only there to DJ on Saturday night, and the atmosphere was great. Well done to Heather & Charlie for winning the comp, and to Keith & Janey, John & Hazel, and the Superheroes for excellent cabarets. Special mention to James (DanceFever) and young Margaret. For only 13 she is a superb dancer, and I think one to look out for in the future. Well done Lindsay for another well organised event:respect:

ducasi
26th-April-2006, 09:06 AM
As promised, here's a link (http://ducasi.org/blog/2006/04/25/long-weekend-in-perth-and-glasgow/) to my blog posting about my weekend in Perth (with a wee bit about the tea dance in Glasgow I went to also.)

Please remember to leave a comment. :)

Lindsay
27th-April-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey thanks for nice feedback, much appreciated :flower:
We had a fun time, thanks to all the helpers (Alex, Val, Fi, Nik, Brunton) and 2 great sets of music from Ceroc Jock and Dance Demon.

Keith & Janey had a lovely teaching style and introduced some great style & technique tips, & Mischa was gorgeous! James was his usual whacky self, but what a stylish dancer!! Congrats Heather and Charlie for winning the competition- v jammy landing with each other, but it was a lucky dip!. Superhero team- thank you- we danced better than B'pool (imo) I actually enjoyed it this time!
You can see a bit of the action here (http://www.linz.webspace.fish.co.uk/dancefever3meg.wmv) Thanks to all who came along, hope to see you in November :cheers:

Tiger Pants
27th-April-2006, 08:04 PM
What a weekend !! I know it took months to organise but you should be well proud Lindsay and crew :clap: :clap: The classses i took part in were all fab and I think I learnt more than on any other weekend I've been to (something to be said for staying off the drink).

Saturday was a great night......real party atmosphere and many thanks to my lovely partner in the DWS comp. whoever she was :grin: LOVED the Superheroes routine much better than in Blackpool (158 out of 108 me thinks).

Loved the belly dancing but paid the price on Sun and Mon. boy is that sh*t hard. Thank you to my bevvy of beauties for the excellent company and to Lindsay and the whole team see you in November.

Charlie:kiss:

Heather
27th-April-2006, 10:57 PM
Just want to add that I too had a great time at the Dance Fever weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't stay over as I had booked a ticket for Mama Mia in Edinburgh for the Friday night, but I did make it along to classes on Saturday, Sunday and the dance on Saturday night! Just as well I wasn't staying as it was a sell out and poor Brady, who was teaching WCS couldn't get a room and had to stay over at my house!!!
The Saturday dance was brilliant, with a fabulous cabaret performance from 'The Superheroes', show cases from John + Hazel ( I hope you guys are entering the showcase at Musselburgh):wink: and Keith + Janey who were superb.
The belly dancers put on a splendid performance of their afternoon class, there were a couple of strange lookin' women among them though!!!!!:whistle: Did anyone take any pictures of Charlie belly dancing?
I have to mention a special 'Thankyou' to my lovely partner Charlie, in the Lucky Dip! :worthy: The champagne prize was just the finishing touch to a fantastic evening!
Thanks Lindsay and the team for all the hard work which went in to this thoroughly enjoyable weekend. I'm looking forward to the next one in November and nothing ( Except perhaps a date with the surgeons knife :wink: ) will stop me staying the whole weekend !:clap: :clap:
:hug:
Heather

Lindsay
27th-April-2006, 11:04 PM
Just as well I wasn't staying as it was a sell out and poor Brady, who was teaching WCS couldn't get a room and had to stay over at my house!!

He did have a room!!!!! It's a long story but le's just say his room-mate decided he wanted single occupancy :wink:
Thanks for the decor on Saturday night- all H's creative talent :worthy:

Petal
27th-April-2006, 11:44 PM
Did anyone take any pictures of Charlie belly dancing?

Heather

I don't have him dancing but i don have two of him in his full regalia!:eek:

Peaches
28th-April-2006, 12:08 AM
A big thank you to Lindsay and her team for organising another great weekend, thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. I was in fab company, had a great roomie, but won't give any secrets away, except...................ooohh those lips:awe:
Enjoyed all the classes a special thanks to Andy for being my partner for wcs classes:hug:
Parties were really good especially Saturday night, had a ball doing the superhero cabaret again and the belly dancing with my 2 new best friends was great fun.:worthy: Sorry I didn't see John and Hazel's showcase as I had to get changed into Wonderwoman( it takes more than spinning 3 times) but i had a sneak preview earlier and thought they were fantastic.
Congratulations to Charlie and Heather on winning the lucky dip, I knew they would win but then I'm biased:kiss:
Looking forward to november, see you all there, Fiona x :cheers:

Heather
28th-April-2006, 07:46 AM
He did have a room!!!!! It's a long story but le's just say his room-mate decided he wanted single occupancy :wink:
Thanks for the decor on Saturday night- all H's creative talent :worthy:

Oh yeah!!!:wink: Is there some gossip or scandal I'm missing out on here?:rofl: :rofl:

Heather

Heather
28th-April-2006, 07:49 AM
I don't have him dancing but i don have two of him in his full regalia!:eek:

I'd love to see them! He kinda suits the long hair !:rofl:
Heather

Keith
28th-April-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi Guys,
I'd just like to add my thanks & compliments to Lindsay and her team for putting on a fantastic weekend, well worth travelling from Manchester for.
We had a great time personally, but also teaching you guys, such a friendly bunch, which makes our classes much more fun!
Hope to be with you in November for the next one, fingers crossed.
Jane has asked me to apologies re the loss of her shoe, which apparently came loose at the beginning of the cabaret, which didn't help too much with the aerials, lucky it stayed on till she landed! So with tighter shoes & some new moves hopefully we'll be able to do it again next time.
Great watching all the other cabaret, which was all very very entertaining.
Love to all & thanks for being a fab crowd,
Love
Keith, Janey & Mini Misch xx :hug:

Von
28th-April-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi Folks

Think i am just about recovered from the weekend ;) - all muscles have finally regained feeling!!!! Loved the weekend - well done Lindsey and crew you did an amazing job - I didn't think Pitlochry could be beaten but it was, Perth was brilliant!!!! I had a ball and especially loved the boogie woogie class and the mambo funky footwork. Keith and Janey's classes were fab - really enjoyed their style of teaching and even managed to use the moves this past wednesday night!!!!! I have even taken Keith a bit too literally by practicing my new trolley walk around sainsbury's without banging my toes!!!!! Just the spinning to practice now!!! Roll on November, can't wait for the next one.

Will be down on the 13th for the next WCS in Dundee.

Von
x

Brady
1st-May-2006, 10:45 AM
Another well organised event with a fantastic group of people attending. It was great to see Keith and Janie up back dancing together and to have a laugh during another of James' classes. Was very nice to see the large turn outs for the West Coast Swing classes and hope you managed to get a taster of what you can do with wcs. Also had a great laugh during the cabaret; how about Brunton and Charlie's belly dance....the challenge with the mp3 player to be able to see James and Margaret waltz and cha cha around the floor....John & Hazel with a great cabaret full of heat and interaction....and finally the Superheros live and in person!

Brady