PDA

View Full Version : age of ceroc goers

LynseyC
25th-April-2006, 09:56 AM
Hi
I'm interested in coming along to one of the Glasgow nights but I've never been to anything Ceroc-like before and was wondering (without being cheeky) what kind of age range most Ceroc-goers are

No offence intended!
Cheers
L

Little Em
25th-April-2006, 10:02 AM
complete age range!!

from 16 through to 70!!

In my venues (midlands) i would say *majority* age would be somewhere between 30-55...

though this range will vary venue to venue!!!

Em :flower:

Allez-Cat
25th-April-2006, 10:40 AM
Quick! Who's gonna post a Poll? :D

philsmove
25th-April-2006, 11:37 AM
I agree with EM, but no one is interested in how old you are

They just want to dance :cheers:

phaedrus
25th-April-2006, 11:48 AM
Why is it important?

TheTramp
25th-April-2006, 11:54 AM
Because some 18 year olds don't like going dancing in a room full of people old enough to be their parents.

Presumably, some parents wouldn't want to go dancing in a room full of people young enough to be their kids too!

phaedrus
25th-April-2006, 11:58 AM
If they're that narrow minded then I would suggest MJ isn't for them.

TheTramp
25th-April-2006, 12:09 PM
If they're that sure that their opinion is all that matters, then maybe I'd suggest that modern jive isn't for them :rolleyes:

TiggsTours
25th-April-2006, 12:19 PM
If they're that sure that their opinion is all that matters, then maybe I'd suggest that modern jive isn't for them :rolleyes:
:yeah:

If MJ wasn't such a mixed age group, it wouldn't be what it is, so it wouldn't be for me. I wouldn't want to go somewhere where everybody is young enough to be my child, so I gave up night clubs long ago, I wouldn't want to go somewhere where everyone was old enough to be my parents, so I never started American Square Dancing with my parents when they went (a little like barn dancing). I like MJ because it is for everyone, old or young alike, and nobody is bothered by age, and that is relfected by the vast spread of ages that go.

Little Em
25th-April-2006, 12:24 PM
I love hanging around with different age groups...i would give up a night on the tiles with people my own age to go out dancing ceroc any night!! :clap:

cuz i love dancing, and tend to have more of a laugh now with people older than me, as opposed to some people my own age, who do not dance, and are urmmmmm, im not quite on their level anymore!!
i must just be a dancing bore!! :sick:

SteveK
25th-April-2006, 12:36 PM
From what I’ve seen, the majority of Ceroc dancers do seem to be in the 30ish to 50ish age bracket, but younger and older members are made most welcome.

I went to the Freestyle at Ashtons on Friday night – it was my first “real” freestyle evening, and I’ll never forget watching one couple dancing. Whilst there might have been a 35 year age difference between the partners, what I remembered was how good their dancing was, and how much they were enjoying themselves!

ducasi
25th-April-2006, 01:03 PM
Hi Lynsey...

You'll find the average age at JJ's on a Tuesday night tends more towards "young", while at the GUU on a Wednesday, it's maybe a little older, though there still a fair number of younger folks.

I'm not really sure what the age profile is like these days at the Rutherglen venue on a Thursday.

Basically, anywhere you go, there will be quite a big age range. You should come along and give it a go. Once you get hooked on dancing things like age don't matter so much anyway. :)

Freya
25th-April-2006, 01:09 PM
From what I've noticed the age ranges from 18 - 60 ish!!! In aberdeen it doesn't matter what age you are. You've all come along to dance and have fun! Thing about clubs is that sometimes everyone is so ........Miserable (Fill in the blank yourself!) .

You are obviously really interestyed in dancing otherwise you wouldn't have posted on a forum full of geeks talking bout ceroc!!!!! :wink: Love ya all really!

In glasgow the range of ages varies completely. I have Friends (Really I Do!) who's ages range from 23 - to god knows I'm too scared to ask!

The most important thing to remember is to have fun! Everyone there is there to Learn! And if you get really stuck i'm sure we can point out some of the less scary people!!!! :whistle:

Freya
25th-April-2006, 01:11 PM
Basically, anywhere you go, there will be quite a big age range. You should come along and give it a go. Once you get hooked on dancing things like age don't matter so much anyway. :)

Oh by the way Ducasi's one of the Scary ones!!!!! :wink: :wink:

:rofl: :rofl:

:hug: :hug: :hug: (BTW love ya really!)

ducasi
25th-April-2006, 01:24 PM
Oh by the way Ducasi's one of the Scary ones!!!!! :wink: :wink:
Thanks Freya... As if my reputation wasn't bad enough already... :(

Freya
25th-April-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks Freya... As if my reputation wasn't bad enough already...
So i've been hearing!!!!! :wink:

:(
:hug: :hug: Didn't mean to make you feel sad!!!!

Unregistered
25th-April-2006, 07:58 PM
thanks for the feedback guys, I'm 21 - my parents used to go to ceroc in Edinburgh so thats why I had wondered about the age range. I know it shouldnt matter but if I was the only person around my age and everyone was much older it might feel a bit odd!
Might pluck up the courage to go to the one next tues
L
Glasgow

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
27th-April-2006, 12:34 PM
Ok, i'm a bit confused about what to write after reading all of that! :confused: BUT, if you come along, look for me if i'm there (hopefully) shall be sitting with two other (young) peeps. Picture is on profile if you want to have a look, try and find me for a dance :clap: xxx

Tinkerbell
27th-April-2006, 01:39 PM
Hi Lynsey,

There are lots of people about the same age as you at JJ's on a Tue. I'm 26, so I'm still a youngster too (or so I like to think)!

It's a great night and you will have lots of fun :nice:

Hope you see you there

Gill :flower: