PDA

View Full Version : London 1st/2nd July what's on?

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-April-2006, 11:09 PM
Before anyone says anything, YES I KNOW IT IS SOUTHPORT THAT WEEKEND! But, none the less I am going to be in London and want to get some dancing in while I am there, hopefully i'll be staying in Earls Court (Hotel not booked yet :sick: ) So if there are any venues nearby with any dancing on please let me know nearer the time, or whenever you know. Bear in mind that I will be taking public transport and get lost very easily, when suggesting where I should go, ta much.

ash xxx :awe:

WittyBird
24th-April-2006, 11:11 PM
Before anyone says anything, YES I KNOW IT IS SOUTHPORT THAT WEEKEND!

Have I got my dates wrong for Southport??? I thought it was in June :confused:

TheTramp
24th-April-2006, 11:14 PM
Have I got my dates wrong for Southport??? I thought it was in June :confused:

Nope. Nothing on in Southport that weekend (that I know of).

Southport is the weekend 2-5th June. I know this. It's the day before I fly! :rolleyes:

WittyBird
24th-April-2006, 11:16 PM
Nope. Nothing on in Southport that weekend (that I know of).

Southport is the weekend 2-5th June. I know this. It's the day before I fly! :rolleyes:

Maybe we both have our dates wrong eh Trampy :whistle:

TheTramp
24th-April-2006, 11:20 PM
Maybe we both have our dates wrong eh Trampy :whistle:

I hope not. That'll really throw my countdown thingy on the wall off :tears:

WittyBird
24th-April-2006, 11:23 PM
I hope not. That'll really throw my countdown thingy on the wall off :tears:

You could always contact Blue Peter and get them to show you how to make another one, or better still get Carol Vorderman in to do it privately for you :D

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-April-2006, 11:27 PM
Ok now I feel stupid :blush: , but someone definately told me that on msn. Come on own up whoever it was.

WittyBird
24th-April-2006, 11:29 PM
Ok now I feel stupid :blush: , but someone definately told me that on msn. Come on own up whoever it was.

You spoke to me about it :D You never mentioned July. I have the conversation if you would like me to post it. :eek:

TheTramp
24th-April-2006, 11:29 PM
or better still get Carol Vorderman in to do it privately for you :D
Now you're talking!! :drool:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-April-2006, 11:32 PM
You spoke to me about it :D You never mentioned July. I have the conversation if you would like me to post it. :eek:

Nope, no need cause I can't remember what else I said and too lazy/busy to go and look now! But don't you remember you saying that people would still come along on saturday? Although I did think that was weird at the time cause it is a weekender :confused: oh **** it, I should be off to bed, or might make even less sense than usual...

WittyBird
24th-April-2006, 11:39 PM
Nope, no need cause I can't remember what else I said and too lazy/busy to go and look now! But don't you remember you saying that people would still come along on saturday? Although I did think that was weird at the time cause it is a weekender :confused: oh **** it, I should be off to bed, or might make even less sense than usual...

No... u then went on to say about the weekend before Southport :rolleyes:
Good job I have a fab mammory :rofl:

Rhythm King
25th-April-2006, 04:37 PM
No... u then went on to say about the weekend before Southport :rolleyes:
Good job I have a fab mammory :rofl:
Two, surely, but apart from a gossip what's basis of the question - is Jazz Shoes coming to London and if so, is this before Southport, or for the first weekend in July? Then we could give her a clue as to what's going on:nice:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
26th-April-2006, 10:30 PM
First week-end in July, thanks R-K

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
13th-June-2006, 07:54 PM
Hello. Date is vastly approching. :D C'mon am I going to be dancing :grin: or not? :sad: x

Minnie M
13th-June-2006, 08:05 PM
Hello. Date is vastly approching. :D C'mon am I going to be dancing :grin: or not? :sad: x

Have you had a look at my list Ash ? I have the first week on July on there, there is lots on, on the 1st July I quite fancy Oxford (the evening bit)

Icey
13th-June-2006, 08:05 PM
Good job I have a fab mammary :rofl:

From what I've seen, I'd say you have two darling :wink:

WittyBird
13th-June-2006, 08:29 PM
From what I've seen, I'd say you have two darling :wink:

They be shrinking babes :eek:

Icey
13th-June-2006, 08:57 PM
They be shrinking babes :eek:

I guess you won't be falling out of that red basque top anymore then :tears: it was so funny watching you tug it up in an attempt to maintain your modesty :rofl:

Anyway, on to the subject of the thread. Where is Ash going to dance?

WittyBird
13th-June-2006, 09:04 PM
I guess you won't be falling out of that red basque top anymore then :tears: it was so funny watching you tug it up in an attempt to maintain your modesty :rofl:

Anyway, on to the subject of the thread. Where is Ash going to dance?

Dunno can't help really I will be recupperating then unfortunately

Icey
14th-June-2006, 07:16 AM
Right then Ash, you have :

1st July
Chiswick Town Hall
Watford

2nd July
Berkampstead

Watford and Berkhampstead aren't really "London" but you might be able to catch a lift with someone that is going. It seems to be a rather light list but I've checked LyndasList, Ceroc London and Ceroc Chilterns.

Sorry Hun :hug:

Minnie M
14th-June-2006, 08:11 AM
...but I've checked LyndasList, Ceroc London and Ceroc Chilterns.
:confused:
- haven't got Berkhampstead & Chilterns on there - if you want to send me details I will add them - there will be more events, I need to update - for full details check the list (http://www.lyndaslist.com)

LONDON Heathfield Terrace, Chiswick - Ceroc London

LONDON Special Swingin' Saturday Carisbrooke Hall + Band (lindy)

LONDON Greenford Town Hall + Band (40's dance)

LONDON Rivoli Ballroom - Ballroom

outisde London - but worth the drive
OXFORD Oxford Town Hall - workshop with Amir Giles, David & Lilly, Phil & Yuko + evening dance Ceroc Oxford (I'm hoping to get to this for the eve dance)

WATFORD Moonglow Dance Club, Ceroc

Worth the trip out of London !!
Sun at E.GRINSTEAD -Summertime Swing starts 3:00pm, THE JIVE ACES

Cruella
14th-June-2006, 08:15 AM
outisde London - but worth the drive [/B]

Not forgetting Daventry Dirty Dancing (See thread with the same title) Quite a few came up from London last time, i'm sure you could cadge a lift from some kind forumite.:flower:

Paul F
14th-June-2006, 08:29 AM
Not forgetting Daventry Dirty Dancing (See thread with the same title) Quite a few came up from London last time, i'm sure you could cadge a lift from some kind forumite.:flower:

:yeah:

Cant wait. :clap:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
14th-June-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks peeps. Although looking at your list I haven't a clue where I want to go :confused: I'll need a lift if I want to go to that one that's not in London though :flower: x

Paul F
14th-June-2006, 01:04 PM
Thanks peeps. Although looking at your list I haven't a clue where I want to go :confused: I'll need a lift if I want to go to that one that's not in London though :flower: x

If I were driving I would gladly offer. Unfortunately Im not so I cant :sad:

Donna
14th-June-2006, 02:54 PM
Sun at E.GRINSTEAD -Summertime Swing starts 3:00pm, THE JIVE ACES

Yeah Ian told me about this one... and has really tempted me now because I've heard we will all be dancing by the lake.... so, good spot to jump in for a swim if it gets too hot!! :D Hoping to make it anyway!! Anybody else doing this one?

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
17th-June-2006, 02:01 PM

I have been offered a lift to this one, but I only want to go if there will be lots of forumites there, so???? who is going where?

Edit: Just realised this is on till 3 and I want to get back before then 'cause I will be sightseeing on the sunday :D so guess that's ruled out then :(

Tessalicious
17th-June-2006, 03:24 PM
If you can't go to Daventry, come to Chiswick instead - another venue with two rooms, but much easier to get to, wherever in London you're staying. The lovely Howard is teaching a blues class (and I'll be there, even if most other forumites will be at Daventry!) and it goes on til 12:30, which shouldn't be too much of a problem with Sunday's sightseeing.

David Bailey
17th-June-2006, 09:06 PM
I have been offered a lift to this one, but I only want to go if there will be lots of forumites there, so???? who is going where?(
Must resist must resist must resist must...

If you can't go to Daventry, come to Chiswick instead - another venue with two rooms, but much easier to get to, wherever in London you're staying.
:eek: - Flashback, 'Nam, Charlie's coming for us sarge... :blush:

Seriously, is it a Proper Blues Room this time? After the trauma of the first time... I'm not sure if I can survive another one like that. :sad:

Mary
18th-June-2006, 12:10 AM
Tell me more about Chiswick. Another year has gone by that weekend and I will HAVE to dance. And, sadly, it will have to be without Tone as he is otherwise engaged that weekend. :tears:

M

Paul F
18th-June-2006, 02:56 AM
Tell me more about Chiswick.
M

Hot, crowded, poor floors (one in the blues room slopes!!), decent music but I couldnt enjoy it given the conditions.

I was a bit more ferocious in my review that I posted last time I got back from there. Bit more subdued this time. :nice:

Of course, I am all for giving a venue a second chance so I would go again just to see if things have changed.

Not this time time though as Im off to Daventry :clap: :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
18th-June-2006, 07:26 AM
mmmmm............. does sound good and with a T-dance on the Sunday ! The drive there doesn't bother me too much, but with a 3am finish :clap: will have to check out the Travel lodges in the area :yeah:

Lynn
18th-June-2006, 09:50 AM
I have been offered a lift to this one, but I only want to go if there will be lots of forumites there, so???? who is going where?
Must resist must resist must resist must...OK DJ I know you don't like all the 'who is going where' threads etc. But really what is the problem with Ash, on a visit to London, going to venues she has never been before, wanting to know if there will be some familiar faces before she decides which venue to go to?

Sheepman
19th-June-2006, 01:48 PM
I will be sightseeing on the sunday Sightseeing in London? What a waste! :wink:
So when do you have to travel back? There's a plan for creamy cakey things on Monday night, :yum: :yum: oh, and a spot of dancing too...

Greg

Cruella
19th-June-2006, 02:45 PM
Seriously, is it a Proper Blues Room this time? After the trauma of the first time... I'm not sure if I can survive another one like that. :sad:
You don't have to, you can come to Daventry. It's not like you haven't been there before! :whistle:

Spot the DJ (i don't mean the one behind the decks).

Paul F
19th-June-2006, 04:01 PM
Im not quite sure what I was praying for in that picture :sick:

Cruella
19th-June-2006, 04:03 PM
Im not quite sure what I was praying for in that picture :sick:
That i wouldn't ask you to dance again. :D

Paul F
19th-June-2006, 04:15 PM
That i wouldn't ask you to dance again. :D

Thats totally appletionable

Cruella
19th-June-2006, 04:24 PM
appletionable
You made that up! What the hell does it mean?

Paul F
19th-June-2006, 04:48 PM
You made that up! What the hell does it mean?

Damn. You foiled my plan. :blush:

2 ways out of a tight spot:
1. Dont say anything
2. Make up a word and hope the other person doesn't question it

:D

Cruella
19th-June-2006, 04:52 PM
Damn. You foiled my plan. :blush:

2 ways out of a tight spot:
1. Dont say anything
2. Make up a word and hope the other person doesn't question it

Well in that case keep squeezing to get out!
1. You did say something
2. I did question it

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
29th-June-2006, 09:00 PM
Hiya, just letting you guys know that I am going to Chiswick on saturday, so is it just Tess that I will have to keep me company? not that that won't be fab :D

LMC
30th-June-2006, 09:35 AM
I shall be at Chiswick :nice:

TiggsTours
30th-June-2006, 10:09 AM
Well, on Saturday I'll be going here:

http://www.jitterbugs.co.uk/home.asp

(but if its no good, I'll end up at Chiswick)

and on Sunday night I'll be going to Books Wine Bar in Hammersmith, for more Lindy.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Twirly
30th-June-2006, 10:40 AM
I'll be going to Chiswick too - now I know Tessa, hopefully I'll get to meet you guys too. :grin: :clap: :grin: :clap: :grin:

mikeyr
30th-June-2006, 10:47 AM
I'll be going to Chiswisk too:clap: . Hopefully catch you for a dance:flower:

Missy D
30th-June-2006, 03:36 PM
I shall be going to Chiswick too!:clap: :clap:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
9th-July-2006, 10:55 PM
Ok, I wrote a bit about my trip to London on my Myspace blog, if any of you wanna look then here (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&pop=1&ping=1&indicate=1). The bit about Ceroc is in Italics but it's noting technical, just that I had a good time :grin: :nice:
ash xxx