PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline...?

Emma
19th-March-2003, 04:32 PM
Um....does anyone on the forum live in/know Dunfermline?

I seem to have an interview for a printmaking residency there :what: :what: :what:

TheTramp
19th-March-2003, 04:40 PM
Hiya Em...

Soooo, you're moving North too? Do you think that between us, we count as an invasion?

Both Fran and CJ (and I'm sure others) live pretty close to Dunfermline, and from there, you're relatively handy for all the Edinburgh dances, as well as Tuesday nights in Rosyth, and Thursday nights in Perth. With a little more travelling, you'd also be able to make the Dundee nights on Wednesdays!!

Steve

Emma
19th-March-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Hiya Em...

Soooo, you're moving North too? Do you think that between us, we count as an invasion?

I have to get through the interview first - I'm shortlisted.....and in shock at the moment!

Trust me, I checked out the dancing opportunities before I applied :wink:

Steven
19th-March-2003, 05:49 PM
The Legendary Cabaret Team Member known as John S lives in Dunfermline.

Heather
19th-March-2003, 07:19 PM
:D :D :sorry Sorry John...........couldn't resist it!!!!
:kiss:
Heather.

TheTramp
19th-March-2003, 08:10 PM
Can I just point out that neither the Team Cabaret, nor John S are in fact legendary.

I've seen them both, and I know that both of them do in fact exist.

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
20th-March-2003, 01:14 AM
hey Emma : Dunfermline is a mere half an hour for me - theres a spare bedroom with your name on it if you like ;)

CJ
20th-March-2003, 04:57 AM
Good luck with it all...

How did show go? Where is potential job?

Oh, Steve??

I think you, alone, would count as an invasion!!:wink: You moving?

Emma
20th-March-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
hey Emma : Dunfermline is a mere half an hour for me - theres a spare bedroom with your name on it if you like ;)

Woo hoo..I'll pack the car ;)

Seriously tho, thanks for the offer, you may live to regret it! :grin:

Emma
20th-March-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Good luck with it all...

How did show go? Where is potential job?

Oh, Steve??

I think you, alone, would count as an invasion!!:wink: You moving?

Hey, I'm only wee! I'm no invading anywhere! :innocent:

The show went really well, thanks, I sold 5 prints :D :D This means I can afford the fare up for this interview ;)

The potential job is a residency with the Fife Dunfermline Print Workshop (catchy name, huh?). I know virtually nothing about it apart from it's for three months (see? not an invasion, just a brief foray). I'm coming up for the interview on the 1st of April. Which is a Tuesday. Is there any dancing in the locality that night?!

TheTramp
20th-March-2003, 10:57 AM
Ayup. I am thinking of coming up there CJ. So, prepare to be invaded.

Em, I'm pretty sure that there's dancing in both Edinburgh and Rosyth on a Tuesday night. Haven't been to either, but have heard good things about both of them. Rosyth is a lot smaller and allegedly friendlier, and closer to Dunfermline.

Steve

John S
20th-March-2003, 04:41 PM
I leave the Forum alone for a couple of days, and suddenly it's awash with stuff about Dunfermline!!!! Brilliant.

Emma, let me know your travel plans if you haven't already taken up another of the outstanding offers made to you. There's a spare room here (in Dunfermline) if you want, and my tariffs are very reasonable.

As for dancing, yes there's plenty of choice - Edinburgh on the Monday and Tuesday (about half an hour from here) and Rosyth on the Tuesday (about 5 minutes away). And if you can stay over until the Wednesday there's the creme de la creme - Dundee (centre of the Team Cabaret universe).

In any event, I hope the job interview goes well, and do let us all know.

And if you do get the job and need somewhere to stay, my daughter is renting out her house from 1 April - I'm sure we could come to some arrangement in exchange for a dance or three!!!

TheTramp
20th-March-2003, 04:55 PM
John

Can we come to some arrangement about your daughters house if I offer to dance with you then?? :D

Steve

Chicklet
20th-March-2003, 05:15 PM
I know I'm new and don't know y'all very well but I read this 5 mins ago as "can we come to some arrangement about your daughter".....and at no point did I think that was an unusual post from you Steve.

So I have popped on to apologise for maligning you, albeit in my own head.

C

TheTramp
20th-March-2003, 05:19 PM
I'm actually very sweet and innocent, Chicklet. :innocent:

Steve

Chicklet
20th-March-2003, 05:57 PM
and articulately informative in the flesh, I seem to remember, although I can't remember what we spoke about

I shouldn't tell you this but I do remember having a conversation with my buddy about how you would make a fantastic Marvel Comic book hero however - Prancer Man I think we called it, mild mannered something by day - able to spin baddies and leap small prone children by night
:D

We chuckled and then sat back again in awe at the lovely dancin, your good self included of course

TheTramp
20th-March-2003, 06:43 PM
Chicklet....

In honour of your fantasy (it was a fantasy, wasn't it??), I shall go to Fulham tonight with my underpants outside my trousers.

Honest

:rolleyes: :D

I can't remember what we spoke about either. We'll have to do it again sometime!

Steve

Emma
20th-March-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
you would make a fantastic Marvel Comic book hero however - Prancer Man I think we called it, mild mannered something by day - able to spin baddies and leap small prone children by night
:D

Oh, yes...:D :D - damn I wish I'd been in on that conversation!

Chicklet
20th-March-2003, 06:53 PM
add a Hong Kong Phuey style sweat band mask and a pair of Cuban heels and I think you've got it.:drool:

Emma
20th-March-2003, 06:55 PM
..and a small red cape? :D

Chicklet
20th-March-2003, 07:02 PM
excellent.

do we have the makings of a theme for a Spotlight here???

swagger on as "Steve Standard", witness a dastardly deed and transform rhythmically into "Prancer Man" before our very eyes.

With apologies to all the people who were attracted to this thread for topical tips on Dunfermline - anybody suggest appropriate music for this?

Emma
20th-March-2003, 07:09 PM
'Man, I feel like a woman'? :devil:

TheTramp
20th-March-2003, 07:17 PM
"OFFTOPIC" :D

Steve

Chicklet
21st-March-2003, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheTramp
[B]Chicklet....

I shall go to Fulham tonight with my underpants outside my trousers.

Honest

:rolleyes: :D

So how did your pants go down last night then?:wink:

Dunfermline is twinned with Vichy and was the boyhood home of Stuart Adamson

TheTramp
21st-March-2003, 12:17 PM
Oh Damn.

I knew there was something I meant to do last night.

Oh well.......

Steve

John S
21st-March-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Dunfermline is twinned with Vichy and was the boyhood home of Stuart Adamson

Yes (and desperately trying to get the thread back on track and away from the thought of The Tramp's underpants) it is the former capital of Scotland, the birthplace of Charles I and Andrew Carnegie, the burial place of St Margaret and Robert The Bruce, and now of course the dwelling place of John S!

Dreadful Scathe
24th-March-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by John S
it is the former capital of Scotland

Along with Scone, Stirling and St.Andrews - actually Fife wins 3 out of 5 for Capital locations :).

Emma
24th-March-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Along with Scone, Stirling and St.Andrews - actually Fife wins 3 out of 5 for Capital locations :).

Erm..why? I mean..was it just a case of 'wherever the monarch is, we'll have the capital?'

*hideously ignorant of Scottish history* :sorry

John S
24th-March-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Erm..why? I mean..was it just a case of 'wherever the monarch is, we'll have the capital?'

Actually, that's more or less right - the king and his court would wander around from one royal palace to another, bankrupting the local towns in the process.

But I don't agree with DS about Scone or St Andrews ever having any claim to being a "capital". Scone was where the kings accepted the crown, and St Andrews was the ecclesiastical centre, but places like Edinburgh, Stirling, Dunfermline and Dumbarton would have more claim to being "capitals".

Anyway, it's all irrelevant now that the centre of government is in Washington.:mad:

Graham
25th-March-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by John S
Anyway, it's all irrelevant now that the centre of government is in Washington.:mad:
Do you have some kind of downer on Geordies? :wink:

John S
26th-March-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Do you have some kind of downer on Geordies? :wink:

To the best of my recollection I've never gone down on a Geordie.:wink: