PDA

View Full Version : Blue Harlem - Komedia Brighton 29 June

clevedonboy
21st-April-2006, 04:15 PM
We're in Brighton for a week at the end of June & that is convenient as it means we can see Blue Harlem & do a bit of dancing :waycool:

Tickets are a reasonable £12.50

http://www.komedia.co.uk/event.php?id=414&dst=1151611201

Anyone else up for it?

under par
22nd-April-2006, 09:57 AM
We're in Brighton for a week at the end of June & that is convenient as it means we can see Blue Harlem & do a bit of dancing :waycool:

Tickets are a reasonable £12.50

http://www.komedia.co.uk/event.php?id=414&dst=1151611201

Anyone else up for it?

Never heard of Blue Harlem.... whats their background?

Tiggerbabe
22nd-April-2006, 10:00 AM
Never heard of Blue Harlem
I'm sure you've danced to their toons many a time UP :hug:

clevedonboy
22nd-April-2006, 02:28 PM
Never heard of Blue Harlem.... whats their background?
They're as good a swing band as you'll find in the UK - bit of light reading about how wonderful they are: http://www.blueharlem.co.uk/blue/blueenterrows.html

There current singer - has a great voice she's also very good looking

Minnie M
23rd-April-2006, 12:46 AM
.......There current singer - has a great voice she's also very good looking
and married to Darrel Higham (great Rock 'n' Roll singer + band) who is very :drool: (a bit like a young Elvis)

Blue Harlem + Imelda are a great band - a little bit jazzy but great musicians - definitely worth going to see :respect:

Minnie M
23rd-April-2006, 05:07 PM
the lovely Imelda + Blue Harlem

Tiggerbabe
7th-May-2006, 10:13 PM
For those of you Southern folks that are unlucky enough not to be coming up to the BFG :tears: Blue Harlem are playing at a charity event for Oxfam on Friday 12th May.

The venue is "The Chapel" 29A Penton Street, Islington (Don't ask me, I've no idea where this is :whistle: ) times 7.30pm - 11pm Admission £8

foxylady
7th-May-2006, 10:21 PM
Just seen this thread....

Blue Harlem are fab, and the band leader Al, is a family friend, and little Harlem played at my brother in law's wedding....

they often play at the 100 club, and Al is a fairly good Lindy dancer if you manage to grab him between sets !

TiggsTours
8th-May-2006, 10:38 AM
I was down in Brighton this weekend, visiting my parents, and I heard a nasty rumour that Komedia has closed down! The building where it was has definately been completely gutted, and opened up as a totally new business, and my parents said they don't know anything about it moving somewhere else.

If you look on their website though, it looks like all is OK, and doesn't mention anything about moving in the news section (just something about a cafe bar opening), if you want to go to this, I really think you should phone them first and find out what's going on.

Oh, and when you do, could you let us all know? I can't do the end of June thing, but I was hoping to book something there later in the year.

Minnie M
18th-November-2006, 04:13 PM
They are BACK this Thursday 23rd November

They were so fab last time and we managed to get some dancing in too :clap: :clap: :clap: