PDA

View Full Version : 24 hour dancing at Camber

robd
21st-April-2006, 10:45 AM
Surprised no-one has mentioned this yet (and if they have I am sure I'll be pointed in the right direction) but apparently there will be 24 hour dancing at Camber this May

http://www.jivetime.co.uk/page9.html

Msfab
21st-April-2006, 10:55 AM
Surprised no-one has mentioned this yet (and if they have I am sure I'll be pointed in the right direction) but apparently there will be 24 hour dancing at Camber this May

Absolute Madness!:rolleyes:

robd
21st-April-2006, 10:55 AM

I know, even longer for me to spend hiding from you :what:

Zebra Woman
21st-April-2006, 11:00 AM
If it was DJ's I loved plus even numbers then I could get interested.

But that isn't likely is it?

IMO It has to be a mellow kind of dancing for that to work, and every time I have been upstairs at Camber for lunchtime freestyles, the music has been anything but mellow. :sick:

But things do change don't they? :devil:

ZW

stewart38
21st-April-2006, 11:13 AM
Lets give Franco a pat on the back

Its different

If dancing starts at 3pm on friday I may go down earlier

At the end of the day with more and more people 'expereince weekenders' they may wish to miss lessons and just dance

mikeyr
21st-April-2006, 11:18 AM
Cool.... Its always the the classes that I want to do that are the early ones. so its always been a compromise (no classes just freestyle and some sleep) So now maybe I can learn something new...... So ladies beware :flower:

:clap: :clap: I have also noticed that none of the classes that Iam interested in clash. This could be the best one yet. Plus extra rooms. All I need now is for someone to tell me the registration process has been streamlined and I will be in a state of fevered anticipation:cool:

Well done Franco. :respect:

Lee
21st-April-2006, 12:04 PM
It looks like it stops at 4am...

Oh i see, 'the Dance Café'. 04.00am-10.00am - Modern, Swing & Blues music in the lower room.

I'm not going in May, but i doubt it will be used much.

Lee

TiggsTours
21st-April-2006, 12:06 PM
Lets give Franco a pat on the back

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Give the guy a break! He's responding to the new competition from Ceroc weekenders with a totally new idea, if it doesn't work, then I'm sure he'll be working damn hard for another new idea straight away! Poor guy, he realises he has to step up to the challenge of fresh competition, he pulls something new out the bag, and people already start criticising it before they've even seen it in action! Negative attitudes always create a bad atmosphere right from the start, and make the job 10 times harder.

Good luck to you Franco, I hope its a roaring success! :respect:

Donna
21st-April-2006, 12:08 PM

You can say that again! I bet nobody will be up between 4 - 8 a.m.

TiggsTours
21st-April-2006, 12:16 PM
You're joking right? I know plenty of people who would be, in fact who are quite regularly at weekenders. Rock Bottoms & Beach Boogie often have people still up dancing at 6, 7 in the morning, in fact, alot of people only finally go to bed because there is no music to dance to anymore, if the music was still going, so would they be!

Lee
21st-April-2006, 12:17 PM
I was making a general comment based on my past experiences at Camber.

He’s running a flipping business, and should be responding to customer feedback. ‘Poor Guy’ if it’s too much for him, he can always find something else to do.

I can be as positive or as negative as I like on this forum, you don’t have to see something to know the outcome :rolleyes: , and how does it make the job 10 times harder? 3 or 4 maybe. :grin:

I wish him lots of luck keeping up with Ceroc :respect:

I not planning to go to any Jivetime weekenders this year though, will see what the feedback is like and will try out the new competition instead.

Lee

TiggsTours
21st-April-2006, 12:26 PM
I was making a general comment based on my past experiences at Camber.

He’s running a flipping business, and should be responding to customer feedback. ‘Poor Guy’ if it’s too much for him, he can always find something else to do.

I can be as positive or as negative as I like on this forum, you don’t have to see something to know the outcome :rolleyes: , and how does it make the job 10 times harder? 3 or 4 maybe. :grin:

I wish him lots of luck keeping up with Ceroc :respect:

I not planning to go to any Jivetime weekenders this year though, will see what the feedback is like and will try out the new competition instead.

Lee
I was actually writing my entry as you were writing yours, you just clicked Submit before me, I hadn't read your comment when I wrote mine, so believe me, it was in no way personally directed at you. If you took it personally, perhaps you should address, in your own mind, just why that is?

Donna
21st-April-2006, 12:35 PM
You're joking right? I know plenty of people who would be, in fact who are quite regularly at weekenders. Rock Bottoms & Beach Boogie often have people still up dancing at 6, 7 in the morning, in fact, alot of people only finally go to bed because there is no music to dance to anymore, if the music was still going, so would they be!

But those who wish to stay up until that time surely can't be doing that much during the day too?

Lee
21st-April-2006, 12:35 PM
I was actually writing my entry as you were writing yours, you just clicked Submit before me, I hadn't read your comment when I wrote mine, so believe me, it was in no way personally directed at you. If you took it personally, perhaps you should address, in your own mind, just why that is?

That's fine (I still love you). :D

I realise your comment was generally directed, but I also didn't respond directly to your comment, I did read it and used it to aim my response at but again it's a general statement.

All healthy debates. :flower:

Lee

TA Guy
21st-April-2006, 01:17 PM
Plenty of people used to do the old 24Hr marathons, I think this is a great idea. If it don't work, at least he tried it.

Ickle Chick'n
21st-April-2006, 01:34 PM
But those who wish to stay up until that time surely can't be doing that much during the day too?

Maybe so but at least the option is there for those who don't want to do classes, and for those of us who like late night/early morning bluesing etc and maybe do later classes in the day.

To be honest my first reaction was:eek: and I'm one of those who likes to stay to the end... but how if there is no end...:confused: I'm interested to see how it goes, it could mean a lota fun for longer or it could die off or be mixed, we shall see, interesting idea.

I may even get the time and chances to pluck up the courage to ask guys that normally get away cos I'm not fast enough, or too shy!:blush:

Roll on Camber (or 24) to see what happens!:clap:

Lee
21st-April-2006, 01:35 PM
Maybe so but at least the option is there for those who don't want to do classes, and for those of us who like late night/early morning bluesing etc and maybe do later classes in the day.

To be honest my first reaction was:eek: and I'm one of those who likes to stay to the end... but how if there is no end...:confused: I'm interested to see how it goes, it could mean a lota fun for longer or it could die off or be mixed, we shall see, interesting idea.

I may even get the time and chances to pluck up the courage to ask guys that normally get away cos I'm not fast enough, or too shy!:blush:

Sounds a bit like 24 hour drinking :cheers:

Ickle Chick'n
21st-April-2006, 01:40 PM
Sounds a bit like 24 hour drinking :cheers:
:rofl: Does a bit, probably won't we able to stand or walk in a straight line very well either! Then there's the blurry blood-shot eyes, lack or co-rdination and random rambling with slurred words. Hmmm sounding attractive...:what:

robd
21st-April-2006, 01:49 PM
Where does Jack Bauer fit into all this?

TiggsTours
21st-April-2006, 02:01 PM

Exactly!

There are so many people at these events, and we all like to do things differently.

Personally, I don't always do classes during the day, I like to have a bit of a lie in in the morning, surface for brunch, sit and chat, maybe do a class in the afternoon, have dinner, relax for a bit, shower, and go dancing at around 11ish, going to bed about 5ish. I know others who think of 5ish as an early night! Then there are the early birds, who might (if the option was available) like to get up at 7ish and go for a bit of a warm up before the first classes.

Just because its 24 hours, doesn't mean that people won't get any sleep, I'm sure there will be plenty of people just going off to bed as others are just getting up. It means that nobody will get chucked out in the early hours when they're still raring to go, when the only place to go is back to a chalet for a party where they'll be upsetting the neighbours.

Lee
21st-April-2006, 02:04 PM
It may even keep the dance floors less packed if people are dancing the 1am - 10am slot and sleeping during the day.

Donna
21st-April-2006, 02:08 PM
Personally, I don't always do classes during the day, I like to have a bit of a lie in in the morning, surface for brunch, sit and chat, maybe do a class in the afternoon, have dinner, relax for a bit, shower, and go dancing at around 11ish, going to bed about 5ish.

That is the exact routine I'd follow except I'd start dancing around 8 or 9 pm then finish at 2 or 3. Oooeer I really want to go now! :clap: :clap: Is it sold out yet?

Just because its 24 hours, doesn't mean that people won't get any sleep, I'm sure there will be plenty of people just going off to bed as others are just getting up.

Got a feeling the majority only get around 3-4hours kip. Will soon find out when some of my mates return with big black rings under their eyes! :rofl:

It means that nobody will get chucked out in the early hours when they're still raring to go, when the only place to go is back to a chalet for a party where they'll be upsetting the neighbours.

Hmmmmm a chalet party!!! :clap:

under par
22nd-April-2006, 08:09 AM

I love dancing between 4 and 7 am and will endeavour to be there at Camber too.
Well Done Franco!!:yeah: :yeah:
Hope the Djs are great and that the bar is open too.:cheers:

Ballroom queen
22nd-April-2006, 08:53 AM

I haven't been to one of these for a while - but finally they are doing rumba, cha cha, tango, quickstep, milonga and social foxtrot - I wish I was going now - and with a latin room! He really is keeping up, improving, and having new ideas! Well done Franco! I also did a 24 hour marathon years ago - so why not! (oh well, I'll be content with my workshop with Erin Boag instead!)

TheTramp
22nd-April-2006, 09:27 AM
I love dancing between 4 and 7 am
:yeah:

Almost wish I could make it now. I'd be there until.... well.... actually wonder if I'd see the inside of my chalet all weekend! :rolleyes:

under par
22nd-April-2006, 09:31 AM
:yeah:

Almost wish I could make it now. I'd be there until.... well.... actually wonder if I'd see the inside of my chalet all weekend! :rolleyes:

you wouldn't actually need a chalet would you ???:respect:

Lynn
22nd-April-2006, 01:08 PM
you wouldn't actually need a chalet would you ???:respect:Well you need somewhere to shower and change...:rolleyes:

I'll be interested to hear how this goes. I hate dragging myself away if the music and company is good. So I rather like there being an 'end' to the dancing at some point. I do like daytime dancing options so I would probably be more in favour of dancing ending at about 6am, then starting again about 11am. Or some variation on that. Cos' otherwise I would have to go to bed when there was still good dancing.

Though of course it depends on the music, I almost went to bed on the last night about 3am at the last Jivetime Camber as there was no 'chilled' music anywhere.:(

I really like the dance practice idea for a good chance to practice the style you have just learned (if I did any workshops that is!)

Looking forward to feedback on how this goes.

EDIT - just noticed Tango 1 & 2 in the upper venue - if its Arg Tango I will be interested to hear how that goes - much as I love it I'm still not convinced that Arg Tango is a 'weekender' dance - not at absolute beginners level. You can't learn it in rows, so that immediately throws people, most aren't used to having to travel round the room in a circle. And if you don't do that, then its not really Arg Tango is it? (For anyone who has done some tango, an improvers level class would work well). Though Jango, being elements of Tango but moves that can be slotted, is perfect.

SilverFox
23rd-April-2006, 07:13 PM
This was all sounding quite promising at first, but on closer inspection has given me some major worries.

Traditionally the Main Room closed at 4am and the Blues Room stayed open until 6am. Now the Blues Room closes at 4am!! :eek: :eek:

The Dance Cafe running from 4am until 10am will be playing fast music as well.

So for all us blues lovers, we've just lost 6 hours of blues over the whole weekend. A total disaster, unless I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Why on earth is Franco doing this? :tears: :mad:

Minnie M
23rd-April-2006, 08:02 PM
This was all sounding quite promising at first, but on closer inspection has given me some major worries.

Traditionally the Main Room closed at 4am and the Blues Room stayed open until 6am. Now the Blues Room closes at 4am!! :eek: :eek: ..........

but there is always a difference to the official time and the time the DJ actually finishes :whistle:

AND..... if we get the right DJ (well a good one) he will play the music to keep us on the floor (the 'upstairs' mob can't take the pace, so we need not fear them):rolleyes:

BTW where is the Dance Cafe ??

Minnie M
23rd-April-2006, 10:20 PM
Just got an email from Colin Shaul - Who is Franco's Manager for the music at Camber

Traditionally the Main Room closed at 4am and the Blues Room stayed open until 6am. Now the Blues Room closes at 4am!! :eek: :eek:

The Dance Cafe running from 4am until 10am will be playing fast music as well.

and Colin's reply :-

Right this is not true he implies fast music!!, the DJ will play paced music for all the people there!!

We have modern jivers coming down from upstairs to downstairs after 4am and music will be played according to those who are there, fast(maybe) slow & medium most likely 97% !!
-----------------------------------------------

....So for all us blues lovers, we've just lost 6 hours of blues over the whole weekend. A total disaster, unless I've got the wrong end of the stick here.
and Colin's reply :-

Mixture of modern blues & swing, so hasn’t lost out but the DJs are playing to whole crowd rather than ignoring the crowd arriving at 4am with new energy ! That means that blues swing and MJ will be played till 10 that’s a lot more hours !!

I cant answer for bar times

SilverFox
24th-April-2006, 02:31 AM
Thanks for confirming my suspicions Minnie. :flower:

Colin's answers are not music to my ears.:sick: In one breath he says 97% slow and "medium" :really: paced music will be played, then in another he says the DJs must look after the small influx from upstairs. So 3% is "looking after them" is it? :confused::rolleyes:

Problem:The people coming downstairs to the Blues Room at 4am were not previously being catered for.

Solution: Start playing faster music alongside blues music from 4am in an attempt to keep everyone happy :what: .

Reality: The vibe in the Blues Room is totally compromised to please the hand bouncers who will most probably go to bed before 5am. :tears: :tears:

Sorry to sound so negative, but for me a mixture of paces at 4 in the morning does not do it for me. The best blues and slow tempoed sessions I have ever danced to have had such a sense of flow and continuity (Marc Forster and John Baker) that my body just melts in to the groove.

DavidB
24th-April-2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks for confirming my suspicions Minnie. :flower:

Colin's answers are not music to my ears.:sick: In one breath he says 97% slow and "medium" :really: paced music will be played, then in another he says the DJs must look after the small influx from upstairs. So 3% is "looking after them" is it? :confused::rolleyes:

Problem:The people coming downstairs to the Blues Room at 4am were not previously being catered for.

Solution: Start playing faster music alongside blues music from 4am in an attempt to keep everyone happy :what: .

Reality: The vibe in the Blues Room is totally compromised to please the hand bouncers who will most probably go to bed before 5am. :tears: :tears:

Sorry to sound so negative, but for me a mixture of paces at 4 in the morning does not do it for me. The best blues and slow tempoed sessions I have ever danced to have had such a sense of flow and continuity (Marc Forster and John Baker) that my body just melts in to the groove.Why should people who want just one type of music get preferential treatment?

There are a lot of people who would like to continue dancing after the main room closes, but don't want one type of music. At the moment many of them just go to bed.

Blues already gets far more exposure than any other type of music at weekenders. Why should it get even more?

SilverFox
24th-April-2006, 08:54 AM
Why should people who want just one type of music get preferential treatment?Absolutely agree David. Why should they?

Surely better to have 2 rooms open until ?am. I just don't agree with trying to mix it all up together.

Also, I'm not clear as to whether the Dance Cafe is in a third room altogether. If it is, why can't it be for soley modern or solely blues/swing?

Zebra Woman
24th-April-2006, 09:20 AM
Why should people who want just one type of music get preferential treatment?

I don't think they should. But IME the people who love uptempo pop music seem to get the preferential treatment at Franco's Camber. Lunchtime freestyles plus I would say 80% of the evening freestyle is uptempo pop.

On the other hand the blues room has a mixture of fast swing and blues mixed 70% swing, 30% blues I would say. The people who love slow music/blues are the least well catered for of all IMHO. :mad:

There are a lot of people who would like to continue dancing after the main room closes, but don't want one type of music. At the moment many of them just go to bed.

By the time the upstairs people come down they have already had at least 5 hours of uptempo dancing so why serve up more? The downstairs people have probably also endured 3 hours of fast swing and maybe an or so hour of blues so I think slow music (blues or otherwise:wink: ) provides the musical balance for the evening for both groups of dancers.

BTW, I don't think anyone wants 'one type of music' just slower tempo music would be good. Anything upbeat at that time of night is just exhausting and not much fun IMO.

Blues already gets far more exposure than any other type of music at weekenders. Why should it get even more?

At Franco's weekenders I would stongly disagree, but Southport...hmmmm yes you could be right, and IMO that is one of the reasons it is so popular.:clap:

stewart38
24th-April-2006, 09:46 AM
BTW, I don't think anyone wants 'one type of music' just slower tempo music would be good. Anything upbeat at that time of night is just exhausting and not much fun IMO.

Amarillo at 5.30am I can see it now

Im booking ZW for that dance :wink:

Zebra Woman
24th-April-2006, 09:53 AM
Amarillo at 5.30am I can see it now

Im booking ZW for that dance :wink:

:rofl:

I won't be there. :innocent:

If it was DJ's I loved plus even numbers then I could get interested.

But that isn't likely is it?

Don't worry Stewart, when Amarillo comes on I'm sure you will have a shed load of women to choose from :wink:.

Enjoy :flower:

ZW

under par
24th-April-2006, 09:53 AM
BTW where is the Dance Cafe ??

Anybody any idea where the Dance Cafe is!!:confused:

Anybody else concerned with the thought of the bar closing at 0130 like Bognor or am I a little an@lly obsessive on this subject?:confused:

TheTramp
24th-April-2006, 09:56 AM
Anybody else concerned with the thought of the bar closing at 0130 like Bognor or am I a little an@lly obsessive on this subject?:confused:

Wouldn't bother me. I always take in bottles of stuff purchased in Tesco for 1/7th (approximately) the price.

Cost me £2 for a small bottle of water at dancing in a local hotel last week. Won't be making that mistake again!

under par
24th-April-2006, 10:05 AM
Wouldn't bother me. I always take in bottles of stuff purchased in Tesco for 1/7th (approximately) the price.

Cost me £2 for a small bottle of water at dancing in a local hotel last week. Won't be making that mistake again!

Yes but tescos won't be open when you want to buy me a pint of lager and lime will it Steve ?:D

PS I know how tough it is for students on a budget but Franco does provide free water! I'd just like a choice!

stewart38
24th-April-2006, 10:20 AM
Anybody any idea where the Dance Cafe is!!:confused:

Im assuming its the same place used at Breeze ? Or is it somewhere else

they always rename these things

under par
24th-April-2006, 10:27 AM
Im assuming its the same place used at Breeze ? Or is it somewhere else

they always rename these things

Which room are we talking about!!!:confused:

Zebra Woman
24th-April-2006, 10:53 AM
Which room are we talking about!!!:confused:

All this speculation. :confused:

Even though I'm not going, I have emailed Franco to ask him. Will post here when I find out.

I have also queried why the blues room is finishing at 4AM

Oh and the perennial question, 'Who are the late night Blues DJs?'. Not expecting an answer to that one.

But it's fun to ask :devil:

ZW

Tazmanian Devil
24th-April-2006, 11:04 AM
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Regular sleep plan out the window :rolleyes:

What am I going to do Agggghhhhhhh :eek: I simply cannot resist freestyle :tears: *wonders can she go a whole weekend with No sleep at all??*

No this is physically impossible :sad: Damn damn Franco what are you doing to me I am going to have to miss freestyle time :tears: :tears: :tears:

Donna
24th-April-2006, 11:49 AM

Ha ha... well, if I do go, don't knock on my chalet door at that time to ask me for a dance! :mad: :rofl:

under par
24th-April-2006, 11:55 AM
Ha ha... well, if I do go, don't knock on my chalet door at that time to ask me for a dance! :mad: :rofl:

What time should I knock on your chalet door then?:wink: :whistle:

Donna
24th-April-2006, 12:09 PM
What time should I knock on your chalet door then?:wink: :whistle:

Certainly not before 11! I love a lie in - especially if I'm going to be dancing until 3 am. :nice:

stewart38
24th-April-2006, 12:11 PM
All this speculation. :confused:

Even though I'm not going, I have emailed Franco to ask him. Will post here when I find out.

ZW

Isnt this what makes the forum great , hours of mindless speculation

why ask the organiser and spoil it :sad:

David Franklin
24th-April-2006, 12:57 PM
Where does Jack Bauer fit into all this?In the spirit of the various internet sites (http://www.astrochimp.com/2006/01/18/random-facts-aboutjack-bauer/) containing useful facts about Jack:

It is not a good idea to ask Jack Bauer to show you an airstep. Remember, "the only reason you're still conscious is that I don't want to carry you".

Of course Jack Bauer knows how to dance the blues. It's just he prefers terror-alert red or ultra-violent purple.

While on the subject of music, The Black Eyed Peas were just The Peas before they met Jack.

Jack Bauer can get the Camber Bar Staff to serve drinks for all 24 hours.

There are no bad follows - there are just women who haven't danced with Jack Bauer.

When Jack Bauer yanks or cranks you around it's not bad technique - you just need to tell him the location of the terrorists before it's too late.

If you're dancing with Jack Bauer, don't spend time worrying about the breaks. Jack Bauer never breaks.

Minnie M
24th-April-2006, 05:45 PM
I have just spoken to Franco and he has asked me to explain a few things - as follows:-

In the downstairs hall the music will be mainly swing/blues only until 4am, the upstairs hall will be playing mainly pop etc., until is closes at 4am - then these dancers will join the downstairs crowd (as they have always done in the past) and the DJ will then cater for all. At this time the bars in both of these venues will close.

The DJs from 4am at this downstairs venue will continue to play to the majority of the dancers until 10am – should you want to continue drinking you can buy a drink from The Queen Victoria pub (aka the Dance Café). For water drinkers, water fountains will be available in both the upstairs and downstairs venues by the bar.

To clarify :
When the bar in the downstairs closes (approx 4am) the bar in the Queen Victoria pub will open

I think it will depend on the DJ - (if Rob McKim is our DJ we will not get much pop) personally I don't think we will notice much difference in the music. In the past the DJ has 'upped' the temp when the upstairs lot joined us anyway. However, this crowd normally do the lessons, therefore only stay the max of about an hour (no staying power)

Tazmanian Devil
24th-April-2006, 05:50 PM
I have just spoken to Franco and he has asked me to explain a few things - as follows:-

I think it will depend on the DJ - (if Rob McKim is our DJ we will not get much pop) personally I don't think we will notice much difference in the music. In the past the DJ has 'upped' the temp when the upstairs lot joined us anyway. However, this crowd normally do the lessons, therefore only stay the max of about an hour (no staying power)

Thankyou for the info :worthy: :worthy:

WittyBird
24th-April-2006, 06:25 PM
I want to go :tears:
*goes off to sulk*

Tazmanian Devil
24th-April-2006, 06:34 PM
I want to go :tears:
*goes off to sulk*
:hug: :hug:
I want you to come tooo :tears: :tears: :tears:

under par
24th-April-2006, 06:57 PM

<<<< good things from Franco>>>

Thankyou Minnie Mouse for getting that clear from Franco.:respect:

A big hand to Franco for stating his intentions so clearly thanks for listening:cheers:

My campaign endeth now, looking forward to a positive weekend with loads of freestyle and the ability to get a drink if I want one too:cheers: :yeah: :yeah:

Zebra Woman
24th-April-2006, 08:26 PM
I too had an email reply from Franco to my questions, and I spoke to him on the phone.

Everything is as Minnie says. :worthy:

I couldn't resist asking one extra question about the male/female balance....

Franco said:

'With regard to the proportion of male/females, I am this time allowing an extra 15% of ladies. If this is too much or too little we'll review the figures at the following event in November.'

Panic over now?

ZW

Martin
25th-April-2006, 08:21 AM

Well in my experience of these events, the majority crash and burn, 2 am ish.
All good, more dance space.

The more experienced dancers often party till the bar closes - so if there is always a bar open - well 2 am to 8 am is the time to get the best dances, and the most fun if you are a long term MJ'er.

By about 8 am - I guess it comes down to who has to teach that day... coz most of the teachers love to chill and dance in the early hours (including me).
I think 8 am would be my limit.

I am with tig - I catch some sleep and turn up 11 pm or later - coz the more challenging music that goes on later and the cool dancers, makes it fab for me.

Cruella
25th-April-2006, 08:33 AM
Certainly not before 11! I love a lie in - especially if I'm going to be dancing until 3 am. :nice:
Lightweight!!

under par
25th-April-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Donna
Certainly not before 11! I love a lie in - especially if I'm going to be dancing until 3 am.

3 am mmmmm.........I'm just starting to warm up . .............................................The best dances as I can recall mostly happen after 5am or was it 6 am .. mmmmm:confused:

Martin
25th-April-2006, 08:43 AM
3 am mmmmm.........I'm just starting to warm up . .............................................The best dances as I can recall mostly happen after 5am or was it 6 am .. mmmmm:confused:

So true

Martin
25th-April-2006, 08:48 AM
Maybe we should not mention the post 2 am, 3 am thing, as it works well as it is.................. The 'have to hit a workshop in the morning' people, go to bed, the teachers and ' players' - party on... Maybe something to keep to ourselves...:yeah:

under par
25th-April-2006, 08:49 AM
Maybe we should not mention the post 2 am, 3 am thing, as it works well as it is.................. The 'have to hit a workshop in the morning' people, go to bed, the teachers and ' players' - party on... Maybe something to keep to ourselves...:yeah:

yep alright !!:innocent: nuff said eh!:innocent:

Lory
25th-April-2006, 09:49 AM
Personally, I've never had a good dance after 2am in my life! :devil:

under par
25th-April-2006, 09:51 AM
:D :D :D

Nuff said eh!!:D

stewart38
25th-April-2006, 11:03 AM
Franco said:

'With regard to the proportion of male/females, I am this time allowing an extra 15% of ladies. If this is too much or too little we'll review the figures at the following event in November.'

Panic over now?

ZW

15% I assume that doesnt include the 'leaders who will be ladies'

Looks like they have to pay £100 deposit and if they caught following they lose that money ??

Donna
25th-April-2006, 01:23 PM
Nah that's because by that time, most of the guys are totally bladdered! Bet they think it's christmas when doing double trouble with every woman they dance with! :rofl: :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
25th-April-2006, 01:55 PM

Really?? Me thinks you always dance beautifully :worthy: :worthy:

I feel have some of my best dances at stupid hours of the morning :D wether this is a space to dance thing or because I am on auto pilot I don't know but it's definately the best time of day for me :clap:

Sheepman
25th-April-2006, 07:29 PM
Personally, I've never had a good dance after 2am in my life! :devil: :what: So it was just me enjoying it then was it?! :whistle: :blush:

Greg

Zebra Woman
25th-April-2006, 09:19 PM
Nah that's because by that time, most of the guys are totally bladdered! Bet they think it's christmas when doing double trouble with every woman they dance with! :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah Donna, you pop off to bed with your cocoa, and sleep well.:hug:

Leave the 'totally bladdered' guys to us.:devil:

ZW

Damn.... I forgot - I won't be there this time:mad: :mad: :mad:

bobgadjet
26th-April-2006, 12:53 AM
Damn.... I forgot - I won't be there this time:mad: :mad: :mad:
OH what a shame :sad:
Maybe next time then ?:kiss: