PDA

View Full Version : Picnic In The Park 2006

Asif
18th-April-2006, 07:38 PM
It's my birthday in June and some of you may already know about the annual "Picnic in the Park" event that is held around that time every year (been going since 2000). Basically, just a loads of mates (mainly dancers and their families) hanging out in the park, eating, playing games, chilling out, etc - There are a few people already on the forum who have been before and will agree that this is a great way to spend the day. The one this year in going to be on Sunday June 4th in Verulamium Park in St. Albans.

Just to give you an idea of the size of the picnic - we've got two HUGE tarpaulins that we use as ground sheets for people to put their blankets on .... and these get covered!!

I have made a lot of great "new" friends this year on the forum and would like to invite you to this too. I have already set up a yahoo group from which i send emails and store photos, etc. If you would like to join the group and get emails/details about the picnic, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PicnicInThePark/ and join the group (you need to have a yahoo ID to this but that is simple). Alternatively, if you don't have a yahoo ID and don't want to set one up, email me on asifmalik999@hotmail.com and i'll add you to the email list.

BTW - I normally co-incide this with Joseph and Tricias annual WJMS event (http://jiveswing.com/wjms/index.htm) so that we end up making a great weekend of it. I will contact them to see if they might offer any discount to anyone who wants to go and books through me!!

I hope to see some of you there.

Thanks
Asif

under par
18th-April-2006, 07:56 PM
Asif you couldn't move it one week either side , would love to come but will be in Southport.

Best wishes whatever . :hug:

Asif
18th-April-2006, 08:41 PM
Asif you couldn't move it one week either side , would love to come but will be in Southport.

Best wishes whatever . :hug:
Sorry mate - we always have the picnic on a Sunday that is closest to mine and Sarahs birthday (the other birthday person and another wonderful dancer). This year, we had to choose between June 4th and 11th and, as i am at the Lindy Rock Bottoms in Torquay on the 11th, the 4th it is.

What's happening in Southport then?

Minnie M
19th-April-2006, 10:09 AM
What's happening in Southport then?
I really can't believe you asked that (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6981&highlight=southport)Asif :rolleyes: (it must be an Asif wind-up)

Have a great day - to those who are not at Southport it will really be a picnic to remember :flower: :clap:

TiggsTours
19th-April-2006, 02:23 PM
I'd completely forgotten about Southport! Sorry Asif, I was the one who said go for that one, as I know you couldn't do 11th.

For those of you not at Southport, this really always is a great day out, whatever the weather, and on a nice sunny day we're usually there till late at night!

Asif
19th-April-2006, 03:16 PM
Just had a quick consultation with my birthday/picnic buddy Sarah and we've decided to change the date to June 18th. Is that going to be better?

Minnie M
19th-April-2006, 03:21 PM
Just had a quick consultation with my birthday/picnic buddy Sarah and we've decided to change the date to June 18th. Is that going to be better?
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:
Does that mean you can come to Southport :yeah: :clap: :hug: :kiss: :yeah: :kiss: :hug: :clap: :awe: :love:

under par
19th-April-2006, 03:24 PM

YES:D :D :yeah: :yeah: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :D :D

Party! Party! Party!:cheers:

Lory
19th-April-2006, 03:42 PM
Sorry Asif, I'm in Edinburgh that weekend! :hug:

Lucy Locket
19th-April-2006, 04:04 PM

Asif WE LOVE YOU :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Count me in

TiggsTours
19th-April-2006, 04:05 PM
OK with me, are you going to email the other lot?

SilverFox
19th-April-2006, 06:16 PM
Just had a quick consultation with my birthday/picnic buddy Sarah and we've decided to change the date to June 18th. Is that going to be better?Not if you need any gorgeous sexy male talent in attendance, as Russell Saxby, Dirty D, Spice 'n' Easy and I will be in Aberdeen for Beach Ballroom. :na: :rofl:

:blush:

WittyBird
19th-April-2006, 06:19 PM

YAY :D
I have been looking forward to this all year!

Tazmanian Devil
23rd-April-2006, 02:16 AM
Yayayayayay count me in :D :D :D

Not if you need any gorgeous sexy male talent in attendance, as Russell Saxby, Dirty D, Spice 'n' Easy and I will be in Aberdeen for Beach Ballroom. :na: :rofl:
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
No talent there this cannot be right I thinkk all fights to Aberdeen are cancelled that week BTW :D

WittyBird
23rd-April-2006, 02:55 AM
Yayayayayay count me in :D :D :D

Reservations now being taken at La Hotel De Witty :D

Tiggerbabe
23rd-April-2006, 09:38 AM
Not if you need any gorgeous sexy male talent in attendance, as Russell Saxby, Dirty D, Spice 'n' Easy and I will be in Aberdeen for Beach Ballroom. :na: :rofl:

:clap:

Asif
24th-April-2006, 11:33 AM
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:
Does that mean you can come to Southport :yeah: :clap: :hug: :kiss: :yeah: :kiss: :hug: :clap: :awe: :love:
Sorry, not going to be there :tears: Looks like its going to be a really good weekend too.

:blush:
That's quite alright - means that it will be easier for the likes of me to get a look in. :wink:

Seriously though - there are so many "other" things happening in June, it was going to be difficult finding a Sunday where people WEREN'T doing something. Sorry you can't make it.

*MENTAL NOTE FOR FUTURE PICNICS - They are always on a Sunday, normally either the weekend before or after June 7th. Previously, it's been on the same weekend as the WJMS event on the Saturday but it has changed this year.

TiggsTours
24th-April-2006, 12:19 PM
For those of you who are coming, in previous years I have always organised a "picnic pool" for anyone who is interested.

This is completely optional, but the idea is that, making a picnic just for yourself or a small group can be quite difficult, 1 round of sandwiches, 1 salad, 1 fruit salad, 1 bottle of drink (can't take wine, I'm driving), 1 paket of crisps etc. Everybody elses food always looks more appealing. So instead, all you do is bring say, 1 large salad, I bring 1 large quiche, someone else brings some bread, someone brings some butter, some fruit, some soft drink, some wine (even drivers can have 1 glass then) etc. then it all goes in together and we have a feast! This has always been a really popular thing in the past, and we've had a fabulous pile of delicious munchies!

If you are interested in this, you really do need to sign up to the yahoo group first and foremost, you also need to let me know. Please can you PM me, and let me know your personal email address. I won't be organising this through the forum, as there are plenty of people who will be involved who aren't on it, and I'm not doubling efforts, it takes alot of my time anyway.

So, if you are interested, what I need to know is:

1. Your personal email address.
2. If you will be there all day, or arriving late.
3. If there is anything specific you desperately want to bring.
4. How many of you are there (I try to do a good even split of cost per head).
5. Any dietry requirements.
6. How far from St Albans do you live (if you live 5 mins away, I may ask you to bring something hot).

Thanks.

TT

Georgious dancer
24th-April-2006, 08:13 PM
Asif,

:clap: Count me in darling would love to celebrate with u!!:clap:

Tx:hug:

Asif
24th-April-2006, 09:44 PM
For those of you who are coming, in previous years I have always organised a "picnic pool" for anyone who is interested.

...If you are interested in this, you really do need to sign up to the yahoo group first and foremost, you also need to let me know. Please can you PM me, and let me know your personal email address. I won't be organising this through the forum, as there are plenty of people who will be involved who aren't on it, and I'm not doubling efforts, it takes alot of my time anyway.....
Thanks for organising the Picnic Pool again Tigg.

As i've already said, can you please join the yahoo group (see first posting for details) if you want to come know more about the picnic. That way you can get all the emails/details and take it from there.

Tigg - I'll use the PITP group to start telling people about the Food Pool and and i'll ask to email you directly. Which of your email addresses would you like them to use?

TiggsTours
25th-April-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks for organising the Picnic Pool again Tigg.

As i've already said, can you please join the yahoo group (see first posting for details) if you want to come know more about the picnic. That way you can get all the emails/details and take it from there.

Tigg - I'll use the PITP group to start telling people about the Food Pool and and i'll ask to email you directly. Which of your email addresses would you like them to use?
My work's one, as its the only one I can access.