PDA

View Full Version : Mark as read

Trousers
15th-April-2006, 12:02 PM
Dear Santa,

For Christmas I would like the forum posting list to get a mark as read button for each thread.

This would allow me (at least) to empty the 5 pages of unread threads that have not had titles good enough to motivate me to read them.

I can't be the only one in here with a mental filter and the ability to say - No thats drivel don't want to read it and just mark it as read so i don't see it again ever or at least till someone adds to it.

Can Santa's little helpers do anything with this suggestion?

Trousers

Lynn
15th-April-2006, 12:12 PM
I can't be the only one in here with a mental filter and the ability to say - No thats drivel don't want to read it and just mark it as read so i don't see it again ever or at least till someone adds to it. So you want a 'mark as read' button to mark things that you haven't read?

Wouldn't a 'I don't want to read this' button be better? :rolleyes:

philsmove
15th-April-2006, 12:39 PM
I can't be the only one in here with a mental filter and the ability to say - No thats drivel don't want to read it
Trousers

The problem is, amongst all the junk comes a little Gem

You can’t judge a thread its title

But It would be nice to try and find a way to filtering out the mindless’ drivel

Rhythm King
15th-April-2006, 03:37 PM
What's wrong with using the "mark forums read" button on Quick Links, once you've read the threads you are interested in?

Baruch
16th-April-2006, 09:18 AM
Or you could just use the "Mark as read" option on the "Thread Tools" menu.

DavidY
16th-April-2006, 10:34 AM
Or you could just use the "Mark as read" option on the "Thread Tools" menu.I don't have that option. :confused: Is it one of those that only appears in some view styles?

Baruch
16th-April-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't have that option. :confused: Is it one of those that only appears in some view styles?
Duh! I got confused - I was thinking of the "Mark forum as read" option. Sorry. :blush:

Trousers
17th-April-2006, 01:26 PM
What's wrong with using the "mark forums read" button on Quick Links, once you've read the threads you are interested in?

God what a brilliant button.

Remove drivell - Make it so!

Corrrr!!!!!