PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

thewacko
12th-April-2006, 11:46 PM
ok I am thick and I know it

I have looked on for years at some of you that have those posh little avatars that move and do silly things

Today I found one that I liked and thought would be great for me. It is a silly little alien that does a dance, it is a GIF (not that that means a right lot to me.
Any how I saves it to my computer opens up the forum and goes to the link in my control whatsit that allows me to change my avatar and uploads me fancy little alien. . .

and. . .

It just stands there looking daft, don' t dance or nuffink:tears: :tears:

I want to be posh like you lot

What do I have to do:respect:

ducasi
12th-April-2006, 11:57 PM
If the avatar is bigger than 98x98, then the forum software scales it down to that size. It loses the animation at the same time.

You need to find a program that can scale your avatar to the right size without losing the animation.

Hope this helps.

thewacko
13th-April-2006, 12:23 AM
If the avatar is bigger than 98x98, then the forum software scales it down to that size. It loses the animation at the same time.

You need to find a program that can scale your avatar to the right size without losing the animation.

Hope this helps.
any clues as to which programme (photo shop or illustrator any good?)

Cheers

phil

robd
13th-April-2006, 10:34 AM
I am not sure if an animated gif can be edited (and have yet to reload photoshop to my machine to find out - look out Cruella when that does happen!). There is a Ulead prog called something like Gif-animator but haven't used it so can't recommend it or otherwise.

Rob

Cruella
13th-April-2006, 10:44 AM
i had the same problem with this one i put it on a post and someone lovely sorted it out for me. :flower: Maybe he'll be kind enough to do the same for you.

ducasi
13th-April-2006, 10:49 AM
i had the same problem with this one i put it on a post and someone lovely sorted it out for me. :flower: Maybe he'll be kind enough to do the same for you.
Thanks. :)

I've use PhotoShop and ImageReady to edit animated gifs. It's how I made my current one, and re-built Cruella's one...

But for simple resizing, I normally just use "Graphic Converter" on my Mac. :)

Attach it here, and I'll see what I can do...

Lou
13th-April-2006, 10:51 AM
Is this the one you wanted?

Tazmanian Devil
13th-April-2006, 10:53 AM
Is this the one you wanted?
Thats the one he was after!! He now wants me to log off so he can change his avatar!! Thanks for that :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

thewacko
13th-April-2006, 10:57 AM
:D I thankyou all for your help

:D hey I have a posh avatar:D

:respect: :respect: :respect:

Rhythm King
13th-April-2006, 11:21 AM
:D hey I have a posh avatar:D

At least he's got better dress sense than you:devil:

Tazmanian Devil
13th-April-2006, 11:26 AM
:yeah:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-April-2006, 11:33 AM
any clues as to which programme (photo shop or illustrator any good?)

You dont need one, go here for a free online tool (http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html) that will handle gifs and animated gifs.

And its spelt program - Im surprised Ducasi never noticed ;) :rolleyes:

ducasi
13th-April-2006, 12:18 PM
You dont need one, go here for a free online tool (http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html) that will handle gifs and animated gifs.

And its spelt program - Im surprised Ducasi never noticed ;) :rolleyes:
I noticed, but as he wasn't trying to correct me, I let it pass. ;)

(Plus, it's spelt application. :na:)

Donna
13th-April-2006, 01:09 PM

:rofl: Compared to wacko in his undies! yeah!

Lian
17th-April-2006, 10:07 PM
On this Avatars thread...
How do I DL one of my own? I was on the avatars page, and I don't see an option of uploading?
I'm stuck (not to mention dim)!
Thanks for any upcoming help!
Li

Lian
17th-April-2006, 10:25 PM
Oh, and also, where do I put my signature? I can't find that either....

I'm not used to this vBulletin forum board. Bah.

Tiggerbabe
17th-April-2006, 11:19 PM
You need to become a silver member to upload your own avatar or have a signature, and to become a SM you need to part with £15 of your hard earned. :hug:

Lian
19th-April-2006, 01:09 AM
Ah, I see. I thought it wasn't just my being stupid....