PDA

View Full Version : Marconi club Chelmsford...

jive-vee
12th-April-2006, 10:45 AM
Hiya,

Someone suggested that I ask you guys and gals on here. Has anyone ever been to a freestyle in Chelmsford, Essex? Normally dance Bath, Bristol way but going to parents for Easter and contemplating going to a dance on my own :blush: if I'm brave enough (any other ladies any experience of going to a freestyle where they know noone? - how was it? :confused: )

Cheers

:)

Cruella
12th-April-2006, 11:04 AM
Hiya,

Someone suggested that I ask you guys and gals on here. Has anyone ever been to a freestyle in Chelmsford, Essex? Normally dance Bath, Bristol way but going to parents for Easter and contemplating going to a dance on my own :blush: if I'm brave enough (any other ladies any experience of going to a freestyle where they know noone? - how was it? :confused: )

Cheers

:)
Ahh, Memories i first learnt to dance at this venue 9 years ago. They've been threatening to knock it down for about 5 years so check it's still there :rofl: Obviously a different crowd of dancers but i'm sure it's still run by the same people Darren, Simon etc. A lovely friendly crowd. You've no worries. I've been to lots of venues on my own due to the fact that i've moved around the country alot and have never found it a problem. Mind you i am quite chatty and will talk to anyone. If there is a lesson join in it's a good way to meet the men and let them know your new there, most will take you under their wing and look after you and introduce you. I do tend to start chatting to the women to and ask them to point out recomended dancers. It's a good conversation starter. Enjoy!

Dirty D
13th-April-2006, 07:32 PM
Someone suggested that I ask you guys and gals on here. Has anyone ever been to a freestyle in Chelmsford, Essex? Normally dance Bath, Bristol way but going to parents for Easter and contemplating going to a dance on my own if I'm brave enough (any other ladies any experience of going to a freestyle where they know noone? - how was it? )

I have been to this venue a few times, i seem to end up there when there is no alternative. Nice sized hall and very social, but if your expecting to be blown away with great dances/dancers, then you may want to reconsider. Having said that im going there on this Friday with a few ladies as there seems to no alternative. Let me know if you decide to brave it and ill look our for you.

Tazmanian Devil
14th-April-2006, 03:30 PM
I have been to this venue a few times, i seem to end up there when there is no alternative. Nice sized hall and very social, but if your expecting to be blown away with great dances/dancers, then you may want to reconsider. Having said that im going there on this Friday with a few ladies as there seems to no alternative. Let me know if you decide to brave it and ill look our for you.
:yeah:

I enjoy it there, floor is great :clap: hall nice size :clap:

i will be there and rumor on the street is a few other forumites will be there tooo :whistle:

WittyBird
14th-April-2006, 04:08 PM
i will be there and rumor on the street is a few other forumites will be there tooo :whistle:

who that be then :whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
14th-April-2006, 04:11 PM
who that be then :whistle:

Not telling :rofl: Nice dancers though :wink:

Trinity
14th-April-2006, 04:22 PM
Can't do Chelmsford tonight :tears: But I will be at Chiswick tomorrow :clap:

WittyBird
14th-April-2006, 05:01 PM
Not telling :rofl: Nice dancers though :wink:

Do a deal with you. :eek: You tell me whose going and I will tell you where I'm going :flower:

Tazmanian Devil
14th-April-2006, 05:33 PM
Can't do Chelmsford tonight :tears: But I will be at Chiswick tomorrow :clap:
Yayayay will be lovely to see you!!!!

Do a deal with you. :eek: You tell me whose going and I will tell you where I'm going :flower:

:whistle: Miss and miss and miss No Mr's except Dirty D to my knowledge oh he will be a busy boy!!! :rofl:

WittyBird
14th-April-2006, 06:07 PM
:whistle: Miss and miss and miss No Mr's except Dirty D to my knowledge oh he will be a busy boy!!! :rofl:

Well in that case, I am going to XXXXXXXXXXXXX with XXXXXXXXX

Russell Saxby
14th-April-2006, 06:10 PM
Me going.... on the lookout for a Princess, reckon I will find one there?

WittyBird
14th-April-2006, 06:22 PM

Dunno Ive run out of glass slippers now

Princess Fi
14th-April-2006, 07:02 PM

Unfortunately its a bit far for this princess - I'll have to catch you at the next weekender

Save a space for me on your dance card? :flower:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-April-2006, 01:34 AM
Well????? Did you??? :confused:

If not apparently there was a godess there will that do???

Oh in case anyone starts wondering about Ducasi or me testing them, it simply that a couple of old-timers once pointed out to me that goddesses have a certain mannerism. It's unconcious so you can't force them to do it. But when I see a lady do it, I still think "goddess". Taz, Georgious Dancer, Wayaay Bird and Sparkles have all done it.
But no, I'm not saying what it is :eek:

WittyBird
15th-April-2006, 01:45 AM
Nice venue, people were ok, music was sh1te.... end of

Tazmanian Devil
15th-April-2006, 01:47 AM
Nice venue, people were ok, music was sh1te.... end of
Nice and to the point hun :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
15th-April-2006, 01:48 AM
Nice and to the point hun :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ask yourself one question.....

Have I lied ?

Tazmanian Devil
15th-April-2006, 01:51 AM
Ask yourself one question.....

Have I lied ?
Nope the venue is nice, the people are nice the music was a bit sh1t but I enjoyed myself :D :D Had my friends there what more could a girl want :flower:

WittyBird
15th-April-2006, 01:54 AM
Had my friends there what more could a girl want :flower:

*gags self and returns to cupboard*

Put it this way, I won't rush to go back

Russell Saxby
15th-April-2006, 08:00 AM
music was sh1te

understatement of the year

WittyBird
15th-April-2006, 01:59 PM
understatement of the year
Well, you know me. I don't like to make a fuss :whistle:

Missy D
15th-April-2006, 02:09 PM
Seems like i missed out on a really good night eh:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
15th-April-2006, 02:11 PM
Seems like i missed out on a really good night eh:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah :rolleyes:
Honestly Dawn it was dire :(

Bubbalou
15th-April-2006, 06:40 PM
Was great to catch up with you guys last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou xx:kiss:

martingold
20th-November-2007, 11:58 AM
Just came across this post and i do know its about a year and a bit old now but first as far as i am aware marconi club is not ceroc its jive club and secondly if you want a great night out in chelmsford come to one of the cerocmetro freestyles or even the class night on a tuesday
we have over 120 people a wk and about 160 at the freestyle nights
we also have in Marie one of the best ceroc djs around

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

David Bailey
20th-November-2007, 12:51 PM
Just came across this post and i do know its about a year and a bit old now but first as far as i am aware marconi club is not ceroc its jive club
Errr, OK then. Not quite sure what the point is?

we also have in Marie one of the best ceroc djs around
Marie is :love:ly, it's true - and a very nice dancer. But I dunno whether I'd class her as "one of the best" at the moment, mainly because she's quite new to this DJ-ing thing.

martingold
20th-November-2007, 01:38 PM
Marie is :love:ly, it's true - and a very nice dancer. But I dunno whether I'd class her as "one of the best" at the moment, mainly because she's quite new to this DJ-ing thing.
she may be quite new but she is amazing i can honestly say she has transformed the music in chelmsford with her hard work and undying love of music and ceroc

David Bailey
20th-November-2007, 03:00 PM
she may be quite new but she is amazing i can honestly say she has transformed the music in chelmsford with her hard work and undying love of music and ceroc
Blimey, what are you, her boyfriend or something? :na:

Although the phrase "Undying love of ceroc" scares me. :D

martingold
20th-November-2007, 03:10 PM
Blimey, what are you, her boyfriend or something? :na:

Funny you should say that :rofl:
no all joking apart we have had some seriously bad djs b4 but things are now looking up i am a big admirer of her work

Astro
20th-November-2007, 08:31 PM
Reading down the thread, I thought it was going to be "Strictly Come Dancing" you all went to.

They are hosting it at Chelmsford.

RedFox
23rd-November-2007, 12:04 AM
...if you want a great night out in chelmsford come to one of the cerocmetro freestyles...

:yeah: The ones I've gone to have been cool. :waycool:

cerocmetro
23rd-November-2007, 01:55 AM
Ahh, Memories i first learnt to dance at this venue 9 years ago. They've been threatening to knock it down for about 5 years so check it's still there :rofl: Obviously a different crowd of dancers but i'm sure it's still run by the same people Darren, Simon etc. A lovely friendly crowd. You've no worries. I've been to lots of venues on my own due to the fact that i've moved around the country alot and have never found it a problem. Mind you i am quite chatty and will talk to anyone. If there is a lesson join in it's a good way to meet the men and let them know your new there, most will take you under their wing and look after you and introduce you. I do tend to start chatting to the women to and ask them to point out recomended dancers. It's a good conversation starter. Enjoy!

Marie rocks :respect:so what if she is a relatively new DJ, I would personally rank her in the top 10 in the country.

martingold
23rd-November-2007, 09:12 AM
Wow Adam, you're bringing a tear to my eye, it seems an age since you managed a plug that obvious! :wink:

Memories!:yum:

I know adam :worthy: is the franchisee and therefore has financial interests in chelmsford ceroc but I havent although i am one of the taxi crew i do it for fun and dont get paid i wouldnt promote anything i didnt believe in

I personally think that cerocmetro is a friendly atmosphere every class night and every freestyle feel like a partys

our regular dj Marie will do her utmost to make sure that everyone enjoys "most" of the music (you cant please 150 people all the time) and if you come to one of the classes she is dj ing at and you want something else you only have to ask

If you dont get spoken to by one of the crew throughout the evening i would be surprised please make sure you let me know as i will do my best to make sure that changes

I started at chelmsford so i guess its my home in ceroc and my first love :love: (well except my wife you understand :awe:) so i guess i might be a bit biased

But it is an awsome night